Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Meskhenet posted:

For Alk, does stage 1 proceed into stage 2? i remember getting to the end? of stage one.

Each stage is a complete reset but 1 will link to 2 will link to 3 once you're done with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

1 and 2 are really basic and straightforward, you can easily knock both of them out in 2 hours or so. Stage 3 is the real meat of the series.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

are there any new idle games that have ends like spaceplan or universal paperclip etc etc

Human-powered spacecraft is pretty good and rather short.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This game is cute and also somehow it's an ad for a book set in the same world? That's actually a brilliant idea and I'm a big fan of that even if I have no idea if I will ever want to read the book because I did not read a single fact about it.

I finished it last night and it's a very straightforward but still satisfying idler, although the book synopsis doesn't seem that interesting :sweatdrop:

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Is there anything decent on Android that's come out lately? My job has lots of boring waiting but I can't run games on my computer, even web games

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
When is the update planned to roll out on NGU? Does it typically hit all platforms simultaneously?

Edit: And while i'm at it, what are the priority ITOPOD perks to pick up now i'm earning about 10 points a day? Reading the descriptions it seems like the seed upgrades would be best as that in turn would net me more boosts for other things?

Kin fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 10, 2019

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Kin posted:

Does it typically hit all platforms simultaneously?

Speaking of, shoutout to Idle Skiller sitting on the update that's been pushed for mobile, I think it's been like 2 months and the browser version has yet to be updated lol.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kin posted:

When is the update planned to roll out on NGU? Does it typically hit all platforms simultaneously?

Edit: And while i'm at it, what are the priority ITOPOD perks to pick up now i'm earning about 10 points a day? Reading the descriptions it seems like the seed upgrades would be best as that in turn would net me more boosts for other things?

They all update within the same hour (4G has to go to each site and upload the correct build for that platfrom)
4G pushes the update out the day it's ready for the most part so "soon" there's beta builds on Kong.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kin posted:

discord said the 15th, so Sundayish

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

discord said the 15th, so Sundayish

for some reason my brain said "the 15th is friday" so to be super clear.

FRIDAY THE 13TH is the target date.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Spooky!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

something posted:

for some reason my brain said "the 15th is friday" so to be super clear.

FRIDAY THE 13TH is the target date.

Get a nice spooky banner made up for the steam announcement!

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

pixaal posted:

Get a nice spooky banner made up for the steam announcement!

You bet!

Scary!

Joe Desperado
Mar 11, 2008
So I bought the Adventure Advancer and all it does is insta-kill me every rebirth since I have every zone unlocked.

Is there a way to turn it off? I'm not seeing any option in the settings.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Joe Desperado posted:

So I bought the Adventure Advancer and all it does is insta-kill me every rebirth since I have every zone unlocked.

Is there a way to turn it off? I'm not seeing any option in the settings.

Friday it will let you set the zone

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Hey something, is there an 8 character limit to the custom purchase input for Energy Power on purpose? Tried to write in 100000000 and it won't let me put the final 0. I noticed that Energy Cap allows for higher numbers but Bars likewise caps at 8 characters. Seems to replicate for Magic and R3. Any plans to increase the character limit for the Power/Bars custom inputs?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'll check out human powered spacecraft.

I beat the first two Alkahistorian games but the third one got a bit too complex for my dumb rear end.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

KazigluBey posted:

Speaking of, shoutout to Idle Skiller sitting on the update that's been pushed for mobile, I think it's been like 2 months and the browser version has yet to be updated lol.

I've finally gotten back into Idle Skiller. It's really obvious the creator loves new stuff and hates, uh, optimizing and QoL. It's funny because it's fun how many numbers to get bonuses to, but there's so many things that are just aggravating too.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

KazigluBey posted:

Hey something, is there an 8 character limit to the custom purchase input for Energy Power on purpose? Tried to write in 100000000 and it won't let me put the final 0. I noticed that Energy Cap allows for higher numbers but Bars likewise caps at 8 characters. Seems to replicate for Magic and R3. Any plans to increase the character limit for the Power/Bars custom inputs?

Can you use the 1e6 style notation?

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
If we're making something take a look at UI stuff, the inputs on the Advanced Training screen are broken on PC.

On other menus (ex: the NGU screen), I can alter target amounts while the bar is filling or BBd. On the AT screen, it looks like every level gain resets focus on the target input boxes, which makes it impossible to change target values while you're BBing a skill.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Yeah i rolled out a fix but forgot advanced training. Hope to catch it for 1.1!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

KazigluBey posted:

I feel like this could be an area that could use some QOL.

If I could click on a little button next to my current energy power and either have it auto fill into the custom purchase box, or get copied to my clipboard, that'd be kinda neat.

I'm not asking for that specifically, but you get the sentiment, right? An easy way to select custom energy related to the current value.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Er, why would you want to.buy your current energy power/cap/bars as a base? Or maybe i'm totally.misunderstanding you.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

something posted:

Er, why would you want to.buy your current energy power/cap/bars as a base? Or maybe i'm totally.misunderstanding you.

to double it. that's like 95% of my purchases

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

something posted:

Shows you how much exp you’ve spent so far. Keeping them balanced for cap and energy is the rule of thumb

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Eldercain posted:

to double it. that's like 95% of my purchases

But you're buying BASE when that number is TOTAL.

:psyduck:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
gently caress YES NORWAY REPRESENT

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I don't know what the other posters are saying or doing, but I almost always double my Base value, that's the purchase I make on almost all occasions. The actual pattern, in order to prevent large complicated numbers forming that I have to manually input, is (as an example): 1000 when Base is 1000. Then the next purchase jumps a little to 3000 (for a total base of 5000). Then two more doublings in order (5000, 10000), before repeating the slight jump again, 30000. This keeps the whole thing simple when it comes to inputs, because if I just doubled Base every time I'd eventually get a really complicated string of numbers to manually input.

Falcon2001 posted:

Can you use the 1e6 style notation?

I mean I think I can but I really don't want to? Unless that's the only way to solve this I've been using the standard notation for close to two years now, so... EDIT: Just checked, changing notation style does not affect the XP menu. Which means that yeah, the character limit for Power/Bars is currently insurmountable if this isn't a bug.

I think Dr. Arbitrary's suggestion is what I think would be the best and what they mean is the Base value, not the Current/Total one (which is post-modifiers and probably always out of purchasing reach).

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 13, 2019

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
Never has a decision been more easy than choosing the permanent krissmuss theme

NegativeX
Dec 13, 2019

I JOINED SA TO GET ON A GOONS ONLY DISCORD AND INSTEAD GOT A ROBOT BUTT
Picked the Krissmuss theme and he stole all my gear.

10/10 - would pick again.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
the challenge completion tooltips aren't updated

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Francis posted:

the challenge completion tooltips aren't updated

fixed basics and no-rebirth challenges. if any other challenges are wrong, let me know.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
100lc is definitely off too (5% wandoos)

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Hello new bookmark and goon title (4G i c u). Am baby

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 13, 2019

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

hmmm quite a bargain

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
pick the left one, clearly it's 20% cheaper

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
How many hours should we have if steam-NGU has been on 24/7 since NGU launched there?

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

How many hours should we have if steam-NGU has been on 24/7 since NGU launched there?

at least 5

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

KazigluBey posted:

I think Dr. Arbitrary's suggestion is what I think would be the best and what they mean is the Base value, not the Current/Total one (which is post-modifiers and probably always out of purchasing reach).

Yeah, we're in the same page.

So if your base energy is is 7000, you click on the base energy, or a little icon near the base energy, or make the base energy something you can highlight then copy/paste.

Then you can put that as your custom amount, and you can see how much the exp cost is for your current amount (for keeping things roughly balanced), or remove one digit to make it 10%, or if it's 7000, change the 7 to a 1, and get 1000.

I'm trying to be really open ended on how it should be implemented and stick to the problem statement:

As a NGU player, I would like to be able to use my current base values to set my custom purchase amount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Ugh, it sucks that there's no good pick for the Krissmuss choice in the Money Pit. The theme hurts my eyes too much to ever use, so that'd be a waste and everything else is such a minor gain that it saves virtually no time and gives zero help. :sigh: