Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Finally, some good loving views.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Better get it done, ya cheeky bastards

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Better Brexit better

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

is there a gangtag for people who toxx for bojo?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
:swinson:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

mike12345 posted:

is there a gangtag for people who toxx for bojo?

Looks like you already have it, or close enough

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

i've always been of the opinion that a plebiscite should have 80% or 90% minimum participation rate before it becomes binding

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
:swinson:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
If there’s one silver lining to this frightening vision of the future, it’s that DUP votes will be surplus to requirements. Like Carson before them, they have been used and abused. Somewhere, Foster is WhatsApping Johnson, but the cad hasn’t responded. Her message has received two blue ticks, so she knows he’s seen it. He’s online, but he’s not typing. She sighs as the realisation builds: nearly 100 years after partition, the Tories have ghosted them again.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Truga posted:

i've always been of the opinion that a plebiscite should have 80% or 90% minimum participation rate before it becomes binding

I think that you should need 50% of the whole population voting a certain way, not just 50% of the ones that voted.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/1203013711113392134

Well well. Look who's seen the light.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Gordon brown always gave me vibes of someone trapped by their position and advisors , and also hostile media

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan
I can't vote labour on account of being american but I'm channeling all of my spirit energy to Corbyn, godspeed

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the brownites were always the left wing of new labour, but make no mistake: brown was one of the great ideologues of that project. he does seem like a personally pretty decent man, though, and is loyal enough to the party's project that he does his duty

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
hey so I heard that boris johnson who is alledgedly the prime minister hid in a dang fridge can someone tell me I’m not actually having a fever dream

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Johnsons advisers have correctly surmised that the less the public actually sees him, the less chance he has to say something massively racist that would make even the Gammons back away.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BrendanDevlin50/status/1204702122782199808
https://twitter.com/BrendanDevlin50/status/1204707745036943360

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yeah it's the other side of the favourable press coin - once people start paying attention, your artificially inflated popularity starts degrading and it can become a negative trend, which feeds into itself. this happened to may and swinson as well, but more spectacularly - at least johnson's team had the wherewithal to front the central issue of the campaign rather than him personally.

corbyn's numbers do the complete opposite. he consistently becomes more popular over the course of big elections. this is, imo, the clearest indication of how hosed british media coverage is

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Dravs posted:

Johnsons advisers have correctly surmised that the less the public actually sees him, the less chance he has to say something massively racist that would make even the Gammons back away.
I think it's more that he looks incredibly stressed and unwell at the moment and whenever he gets put on the spot he falls apart instantly. Very weak look, even weaker than running off and hiding in a fridge.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

fibblins posted:

I can't vote labour on account of being american but I'm channeling all of my spirit energy to Corbyn, godspeed

How much is that in terms of thoughts and prayers?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Don't you think he looks tired?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I'm toxxing for fridgeman, feel free to ban me tomorrow. also, please if possible put that gangtag under my trump one

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Don't you think he looks tired?

this is also a hilarious factor here - corbyn is fifteen years older than johnson, but he looks incomparably much healthier. clean living does have its perks, i guess.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i wasn't following that closely in 2017, was teresas' campaign worse than this?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Farm Frenzy posted:

i wasn't following that closely in 2017, was teresas' campaign worse than this?

well sort of

she branded the whole thing around her character. she did the same weird poo poo where she hid from the media and only spoke to picked crowds etc, and she refused to actually be on the same stage as corbyn. she's also a good deal less charming than johnson, who can at least rely on the goodwill of people who think he's mischievous and a lovely boy - johnson has a much stronger blue-blood factor and a better core message.

however, johnson's surrogates have consistently hosed up and done weird stunts, and this campaign is lying much more. while the core message and the candidate are much stronger, the actual organisation of the campaign is looking completely delirious in a way it never did in 2017 - theresa may never sent her dad to the debates, and her front benchers were much more competent for the most part - it is important to note that johnson's big cabinet positions are occupied entirely by incompetents, with the possible exception of javid who's merely exuding a strong sociopath vibe.

still it's a crosby campaign, full of dead cats and evasive maneuvers.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

more like a cosby campaign

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I'm surprised the Daily Mail covered it.

https://twitter.com/matthew1butcher/status/1204749832268718082?s=20

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

they can spin it as humanising or whatever

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dr Cheeto posted:

hey so I heard that boris johnson who is alledgedly the prime minister hid in a dang fridge can someone tell me I’m not actually having a fever dream

hid in a fridge? m8 r u mad he IS a fridge

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!

Cat Machine posted:

lollin at the idea of britain having regional timezones

UK has forgotten the Falklands :'(

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Lastgirl posted:

hid in a fridge? m8 r u mad he IS a fridge

a fridge hiding in another fridge. fridgeception

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

holy poo poo

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Sending our Absolute Boy Corbyn all of my spirit energy and :swinson:

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I imagine Tories voting for their member of Parliament being akin to Mr. (Sean) Bean trying to discreetly scrape something off of his shoe, only for the local voting place to somehow be on fire as he leaves, his vote secured for Liberal Democracy

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hes gonna do it. Hes gonna get the dinner egg.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
I have The Fear extremely bad and as such I appreciate the cspam energy

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Hello Mr Putin, my name is Bàna, I am 9 years old from Glasgow Scotland. Please bomb Tory Regime with Sukhoi Su-34 attack aircraft and bring freedom to my country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
sending all my energy to corbyn  
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 

I have lots of extra energy today due to my co workers all talking about him as if hitler is about to take power in britain.

Bear Retrieval Unit has issued a correction as of 15:19 on Dec 11, 2019