Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Vinylshadow posted:

Makes sense, since Chris Avellone helped with some of the writing

Malicos is definitely his character carryover into the new canon

Oh yeah, he's definitely the Kreia-esque libertarian rear end in a top hat Jedi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Spergatory posted:

and the ability to get rid of Cere's switch in lightsaber customization.

gently caress yes. Except I just finished the game and don't have the will to go back at the moment.

That thing was really cramping my style

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
God, Kreia was so loving cool. Has anyone messed around with the mod that restores the cut content in KOTOR 2? Did they actually manage to add anything significant? Does it make much of a difference?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Spergatory posted:

God, Kreia was so loving cool. Has anyone messed around with the mod that restores the cut content in KOTOR 2? Did they actually manage to add anything significant? Does it make much of a difference?

TSLRCM makes a big difference, the version with the droid planet stuff added back in makes a huge difference. It’s quite janky at times but so is the base game.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Ice Fist posted:

gently caress yes. Except I just finished the game and don't have the will to go back at the moment.

That thing was really cramping my style

For real

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

Spergatory posted:

it makes some good changes. some bad ones. it sometimes restores too much dialogue to some of the most consequential scenes. there was a lot of unused material left in the data files and not all of it is coherent when simply restored. there is no 'perfect' rendition of the game. there are a shitton of additional third party mods at deadlystream however, beyond the restoration project, that can make another playthrough interesting.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Dogen posted:

For real

Quote this if you spent more than a 3rd of your game time in the lightsaber customization menu and explored the map purely so you could continue to spend even more time in the lightsaber customization menu

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I spent far too much time before figuring out that lightsaber customization was purely cosmetic.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I mostly just tried to make mine as short as possible. With the wrong emitter, the hilt looks awkwardly long and really unwieldy, especially if you use it mostly in one handed mode.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Tbh at the scale you're looking at it I didn't mess with it more than once or twice. I cared more about blade color than greebles.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Yeah...I stopped tinkering around after a few versions because you can't really see anything much aside from general handle and blade color in play (teal and pink respectively, of course). Would've been way more invested if there was a "looks fugly, but +5% damage" trade-off mechanic to consider.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I customized my saber every time I went near a bench, I don't care that it was purely cosmetic and hard to see, it rocked

Wish more of the ponchos had had cool designs like the Free Kashyyk one with the silhouette of the wyvern or whatever on back

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I really enjoyed playing saber dress-up to suit my mood at any given moment, even given that you rarely see the thing outside cutscenes and it is purely cosmetic.

Yeah my wife and I both have custom saber building reservations for star wars land in January, what's that got to do with it?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dogen posted:

Yeah my wife and I both have custom saber building reservations for star wars land in January, what's that got to do with it?

That's pretty cool, I would definitely put more time into crafting the Perfect Saber if there was an opportunity to get a replica for real.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

A few pages back I think someone said the Disney sabers used the same components, down to the names. Good native advertising.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Owlbear Camus posted:

A few pages back I think someone said the Disney sabers used the same components, down to the names. Good native advertising.

Yeah there's like 4 parts kits you can pick from and I think they're all in the game? No double bladed sabers though, which was the first thing my wife asked, haha.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

There's more options in game than there are at the light saber building thing at Disneyland, and yeah, you can't double saber them either. You're also SOL when it comes to choosing the material they're made out of like you can in game, which sucks because I love my bright rear end, shiny red metal hilt.

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

That dance wasn't as safe as they said it was.

They absolutely had them 2 years ago, the base cost about as much as two singles.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

SnipeShow posted:

They absolutely had them 2 years ago, the base cost about as much as two singles.

Talking specifically about the Disneyland/world ones that you can make in Star Wars land which just opened this year tho

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dillbag posted:

Any PC master race players switch from keyboard to controller? I'm using keyboard but finding it really hard to dodge because I have to dislocate my ring finger to hit z. I haven't picked up a controller since I owned a PS2 tho...

IMO controllers are objectively superior for games without shooting (like this). Though I guess keyboard + mouse can sometimes be better for MMOs also (though I was surprised to find that FF14 is actually easier with a controller than with k+m).

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Hello just popping in to say this game is real fun, and the level design is pretty neato. I do have to ask, am I crazy or can you not drop and regrab while climbing?

edit: oh hey yep I'm crazy

edit2: if anyone has trouble with this (clearly I wasn't the only one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Kfj4h2Lnc&t=330s)
make sure you don't have Climb bound to the same thing as a Force attack or Deflect or whatever because it'll often prioritize that instead of letting you regrab. I rebound it to R3 (lock target) and now it responds perfectly.

mellowjournalism fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Dec 11, 2019

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Precision Evade is the sickest thing and should have been part of the core gameplay instead of a late game ability.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Spergatory posted:

Precision Evade is the sickest thing and should have been part of the core gameplay instead of a late game ability.

It's also a much better and more reliable damage mitigation option than parrying

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Spergatory posted:

It has the best sound effect and makes you look like a badass when you twitch two inches to the left to avoid an attack and then hammer home a flurry of your own

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Does Precision Evade not fire if there is any tilt on the left stick?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

poo poo I actually don’t think I ever used it because my lizard brain spammed dodge to roll. Was it the thing that slows time and gives force with an evade? Why is it so good?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Blind Rasputin posted:

poo poo I actually don’t think I ever used it because my lizard brain spammed dodge to roll. Was it the thing that slows time and gives force with an evade? Why is it so good?

the thing that slows time and gives force with an evade

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

the thing that slows time and gives force with an evade

Also, compared to parrying, it is much easier to execute. It's basically the perfect defensive move: iFrames, easy to pull off, gives force

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I mean you can do it before you get the ability, it just adds the force boost and enemy slow. It's also a lot easier to pull off than it is in Sekiro (for me) where I'm terrible at it. It's generally superior to the dodge roll because the dodge roll has few to no iframes, you just have to actually be out of the way of whatever.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ice Fist posted:

Quote this if you spent more than a 3rd of your game time in the lightsaber customization menu and explored the map purely so you could continue to spend even more time in the lightsaber customization menu

Yup.

I saber customized so often that it actually had me looking up Force FX sabers because now I want a real pretend laser sword.

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

That dance wasn't as safe as they said it was.

Dogen posted:

Talking specifically about the Disneyland/world ones that you can make in Star Wars land which just opened this year tho

Disney World was still using Star Wars before Star Wars land. They had the saber building stations at Hollywood Studios and Downtown Disney two years ago, at which point double sabers were an option. The only major change to the building stations that I'm aware of is an improvement on the droids.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

SnipeShow posted:

Disney World was still using Star Wars before Star Wars land. They had the saber building stations at Hollywood Studios and Downtown Disney two years ago, at which point double sabers were an option. The only major change to the building stations that I'm aware of is an improvement on the droids.

Oh yeah, they had em at the end of star tours in disneyland, I think. This new thing is like, a whole custom building experience with a show. You can't build a double saber at it, so idk if it's different parts or what.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The other night I figured out how to manually turn the saber on / off via the left d-pad button. Now I just run around turning it off on while grinding on my underbite.

Feels good.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I enjoyed the thoughtful level of control for single and double blade use, both in and out of combat.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I was hoping for a some dual sabers myself

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

After playing this game and falling away from it, it solidly falls in the category of "fun game that ultimately didnt hold my interest" which is a vast and frightening category of games for me. Maybe one day I will reup another month of origin and finish it, but most likely I will not.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Parrying is interesting in this game, I'd almost say it's better for normal enemies than it is for bosses. Bosses, especially late game ones, have special responses to parrying that alter their attack strings, which can make both parrying and dodging more difficult. Sure it decreases their block stamina, but you can usually slip past their guard and damage them anyway if you attack at the right time. I think Malicos is the only boss where you absolutely have to break his guard, and you can do that by hammering away at him as well as parrying.

The final Second Sister fight especially has like an entire pool of parry responses she can draw from, a couple of which are moves she will not use in any other context. Last night I saw her use a special short range lightsaber throw where it just hovers in front of her like a buzz saw. It happened twice, and it only happened after I parried her three times in a row. Oh, and it killed me both times. :rip:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Great, it only took me posting about it on like every page for the last 2 weeks for people to finally figures out precision dodge is the poo poo. :rolleyes:

But yeah, it can even just flat NOPE damage from red unblockable attacks. It's awesome.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Anti-Hero posted:

Does Precision Evade not fire if there is any tilt on the left stick?
correct, I didn't learn this until I went to look up a video on how to get the respective trophy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Great, it only took me posting about it on like every page for the last 2 weeks for people to finally figures out precision dodge is the poo poo. :rolleyes:
I've noticed :shobon:

Fuzz posted:

But yeah, it can even just flat NOPE damage from red unblockable attacks. It's awesome.
I'm gonna have to play through it again with this in mind, but does it really tell you that outright in-game? Because I never noticed, and defaulted to just rolling around because it felt like it was doing the same thing. But I'm a dumb at games so I may have missed obvious stuff.