Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its all pretty concerning stuff. theres still never been any real evidence of what they're all claiming is going on, like every other poster is just screaming about killing gays or something. but there's a ton of people banned over... literally nothing. pretty good moderation if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the liberals that infect this forum and d&d make me truly uncomfortable but i guess if i just keep calling them kid fuckers and bigots i'll eventually get the rich people off the forums

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
All that is important but here's what really matters: Getting the communists out of this forum.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't read any more from those qcs threads to find out what "really happened" because I don't have the time, but also because I recently finished a collection of essays about the purges, and my brain was making all kinds of involuntary connections, some of which lead me to reply "normal way of thinking, you might be in a death cult" when I read posts fantasizing about the mass murder of other forum members, for which I will likely be banned

THS
Sep 15, 2017

permabanned poster kulakstomper58

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
what happened seems fairly straightfoward: FYAD was left alone for so long that it became an incubator for transphobia and homophobia, and enough of our LGBT comrades made a stink about it to force the hand of the moderators to step in and start banning people and locking the forum entirely

that the D&D libs are going to try and attack CSPAM is whatever, since they were already doing that anyway even before this FYAD thing kicked off, and I don't think there's any reason to look this particular gift horse in the mouth since it ultimately cleans out a lot of the reactionaries and bigots from SA

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

what happened seems fairly straightfoward: FYAD was left alone for so long that it became an incubator for transphobia and homophobia, and enough of our LGBT comrades made a stink about it to force the hand of the moderators to step in and start banning people and locking the forum entirely

that the D&D libs are going to try and attack CSPAM is whatever, since they were already doing that anyway even before this FYAD thing kicked off, and I don't think there's any reason to look this particular gift horse in the mouth since it ultimately cleans out a lot of the reactionaries and bigots from SA

yeah as a poster in the trans threads if anyone pointing fingers here is part of the trans posters pointing out lovely behavior from fyad and its weird hangers-on that even fyad hates i haven't seen it coming from them. fishmech probably would be but she's long been banned lol. there is no danger of an idpol tide washing over this sub from what i can tell

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

gradenko_2000 posted:

Oh well good then :)

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

gradenko_2000 posted:

I haven’t really seen very many D&D people interested in attacking CSPAM right now. Even the D&D discord is like “yeah gently caress fyad they suck” and that’s it.

also that bloodbath in QCS lol

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Plutonis posted:

We next lol

Only one man can save us now

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

gradenko_2000 posted:

considering how often identarianism has been used for bullshit like this, maybe that's what happened and there were no ulterior motives involved such as 'gently caress fyad', and maybe the fact that ive been away from the forums for a week means i have no loving clue about what just happened, but let me just say this: im smell cumming

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

so i was never a fyad poster but i always understood it to be, like, the gayest place on the forum. how did it get transphobic and homophobic

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
how can it be homophobic when it's pink?

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

i say swears online posted:

so i was never a fyad poster but i always understood it to be, like, the gayest place on the forum. how did it get transphobic and homophobic

im having to ask this this question myself, about myself, now. and im coming up with answers that i like

THS
Sep 15, 2017

im gay

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

thoughts and prayers for lowtax, who's had two of his children taken from him in such a short period

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i say swears online posted:

the thing is that someone asked skylark, a trans poster, what agp was, and she explained it, and then the first guy made fun of the concept. this was interpreted of being supported of the agp concept and therefore transphobic.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Truga posted:

"fermented drink made from black tea with added basil and rosemary
for over 2000 years it's been refreshing life, suppressing bacterial growth, enriching gut microbiome, breaking neoliberalism"

having opposition to neoliberalism as part of your brand is the height of neoliberalism *sniff*

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Larry Parrish posted:

the thing is that someone asked skylark, a trans poster, what agp was, and she explained it, and then the first guy made fun of the concept. this was interpreted of being supported of the agp concept and therefore transphobic.

it’s not clear to me why you want to die on this hill when the FYAD “lgbt” thread will full of people calling others slurs, saying they should all die, etc. Including an IK.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Lightning Knight posted:

it’s not clear to me why you want to die on this hill when the FYAD “lgbt” thread will full of people calling others slurs, saying they should all die, etc. Including an IK.

i didnt read that thread so no clue if it was as bad as everyone is saying it is, but as a point of clarification: the IKs are chosen via a complicated system where you guess the right number and if you are correct or closer than everyone else then you become IK so its not a process where they are chosen by the posters. if an IK does something wrong then its really the fault of the numbers

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

apropos to nothing posted:

i didnt read that thread so no clue if it was as bad as everyone is saying it is, but as a point of clarification: the IKs are chosen via a complicated system where you guess the right number and if you are correct or closer than everyone else then you become IK so its not a process where they are chosen by the posters. if an IK does something wrong then its really the fault of the numbers

it was jd not the ik

ive been pretty inactive the last few months and am keeping out of all this dumb drama i mostly dont understand. fyad sucked though, iirc one of the lead ups to lf getting shut down was it pointing out how transphobic fyad was

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I can’t even find the thread guessing it was gassed. do you have a link to it or the transphobic posts JD made?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
never mind found it

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh and we do need to come up with some sort of a community award to the OP who pointed his finger at tranpohbia in the first place. acknowledge all achievements

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i was shocked to learn what fyad considered funny was injokes and decade old catchphrases considering how much they malign gbs for doing the same loving poo poo, all the funny fyads really did leave for twitter almost a decade ago

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
tane? tane.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

having opposition to neoliberalism as part of your brand is the height of neoliberalism *sniff*

lmao

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

a fell sign upon those who are off by one when they attempt to guess the number

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Percelus posted:

i was shocked to learn what fyad considered funny was injokes and decade old catchphrases considering how much they malign gbs for doing the same loving poo poo, all the funny fyads really did leave for twitter almost a decade ago

unfortunately twitter turned them very unfunny. look at bropair lmao

the lf people somehow stayed less Very Serious on twitter than the fyads

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i will never get over the jeb lund saga

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

THS posted:

I can immediately think of his incredibly boring book report

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i never read FYAD. seemed kinda fishy, those guys....

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

THS posted:

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

lets discuss fyad... from a communist perspective :twisted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Knight posted:

it was the thread for posting boomer rear end fb memes basically. it's like saying the landlord thread in this forum which is mostly full of insanely racist nextdoor posts is actually supportive of racism

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
id like to clarify that I didnt like that thread or find it funny regardless but i dont like that the bad thread w/ bad posting has turned into some big purge; that's what happened in the Bad Old Days and I dont like that kind of thing coming back. theres supposed to be a process and skipping all that straight to permas and 30+bans is bad, full stop

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Larry Parrish posted:

the liberals that infect this forum and d&d make me truly uncomfortable but i guess if i just keep calling them kid fuckers and bigots i'll eventually get the rich people off the forums

i'm shaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo