Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

OgNar posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/298610/Ylands/

Ylands has just gone free to play.

Its a fun little sailing/driving/crafting/exploration game.

Bought it at least a year ago and have only ever played single player.
But I like it.

Now single player is a pay option while multiplayer still looks to be free.
Though I may be wrong about this.
In game currency buys stuff like servers, emotes, costumes and blueprints for houses/cars etc.
I think its free to join a sever but about $7/m to rent one.

Multiplayer is pretty garbage, at least what little I saw of it. The graveyard server I happened into was entertaining, I suppose, but the "main" stuff is all just cruddy minigames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Coolguye posted:

I picked up jotun when it was free on steam last yearish and it is Hela Good

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Here are some keys for whoever wants them. Please post if you claim the key so that people know it's gone.

32Z40-E54F9-FBIDY - Aegis Defenders steam key
30B73-FE2IF-AFL2N - X-Morph Defense steam key
2Y44P-YEWWD-0AWRF - Desert Child steam key

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Thanks for x-morph!

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
I just tried the Desert Child one and it says it's been redeemed already.

pooch516 fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 7, 2019

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah they've probably been grabbed by scraper bots who grab Steam keys, it's why people always leave a character out when posting them on Twitter. Aegis Defenders is also gone.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

njsykora posted:

Yeah they've probably been grabbed by scraper bots who grab Steam keys, it's why people always leave a character out when posting them on Twitter. Aegis Defenders is also gone.

Yep.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

there's a thread in Private Game Servers for giving away stuff, which ensures that at least it's somebody with an SA account that takes it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Wasteland 2 is a freebie on GOG for the next 48 hours as part of their winter sale:
https://www.gog.com/game/wasteland_2_directors_cut_digital_classic_edition

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Mierenneuker posted:

Wasteland 2 is a freebie on GOG for the next 48 hours as part of their winter sale:

Thanks.

I never got around to actually play this or the first one.. Are they any good, if you liked the original?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

THE BAR posted:

Thanks.

I never got around to actually play this or the first one.. Are they any good, if you liked the original?

Yes.

There's also a bunch of goons in the game from backing it a million years ago (including myself).

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

THE BAR posted:

Thanks.

Lots of people dislike it for certain old school design decisions, but IMO it's good. It's probably a good idea to look for a character creation guide before starting, though.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

I thought that it kept the worst parts of the original Wasteland's old-school design (first and foremost, too many skills) and the new stuff didn't add much (as an example, each category of weapons comes in five tiers, and each tier is a straight upgrade from the previous one, which probably helps with balance but makes advancement feel artificial and unexciting).

It wasn't awful (and plenty of people loved it), but I'd rather boot up a legit old-school game or play a fully modern game rather than one squatting halfway in between.

That said, you can tell if it's going to work for you or not by the end of the first real mission so it can't hurt to give it a spin.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any significant difference between the original version and the Directors Cut? I have the original from way back in the day but probably got about halfway through it .

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

THE BAR posted:

Thanks.

In terms of how good of a game it is/order of merit, Wasteland 2 sits firmly between Fallout 1 and Fallout 2, much like Fallout 1 sits firmly between Wasteland and Wasteland 2.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Is there any significant difference between the original version and the Directors Cut? I have the original from way back in the day but probably got about halfway through it .

quote:

What is new in the Director's Cut? Wasteland 2 Director's Cut changes a huge number of aspects of the game. Our main new features and changes include:

Graphical overhaul and update to the Unity 5 game engine.
Expanded voice-over with thousands of newly-voiced lines for key characters and scenes.
Precision Strikes system allows you to target individual body parts on enemies in combat, which lets you inflict negative status effects on them.
Perks system lets you pick bonuses for your characters as they level up.
Quirks system lets you pick a personality trait for each custom created Ranger during character creation, with a gameplay-modifying positive and negative quality.
Rebalanced gameplay, including virtually all combat encounters, weapons, loot drops and containers.
Controller support on PC and console. On PC, you can select from keyboard and mouse input, as well as Xbox 360, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 DUALSHOCK 4 controller modes.
There's plenty of smaller additions to be found, of course, but we'll leave those for you to find.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mierenneuker posted:

nice!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also: If you get Wasteland 2 through this freebie, check the serial codes attached to the Director's Cut in your library - there's a gift code for the original Wasteland waiting for you.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
GOG doesn't do a thing where they'll give me a steam code rather than a DRM free version, right?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
??? gog...is the drm free version...thats like...their thing

The Kins posted:

Also: If you get Wasteland 2 through this freebie, check the serial codes attached to the Director's Cut in your library - there's a gift code for the original Wasteland waiting for you.

nice find!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Zesty posted:

GOG doesn't do a thing where they'll give me a steam code rather than a DRM free version, right?
No. They are, however, doing the exact polar opposite, where if you own one of the following games on Steam, you can get a DRM-free GOG copy for free:

Age of Wonders: Planetfall
DUSK
Galaxy Trucker Extended Edition
Through The Ages

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Zesty posted:

Nope.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
are there any good gog browser extensions? for showing best price over time, sorting by price etc

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Kins posted:

check the serial codes attached to the Director's Cut in your library

What does this mean :confused:

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
I need to start buying on GOG. All the games I have from that store I got for free. I already have a login, so the hardest part is over.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Jerry Cotton posted:

What does this mean :confused:

its very deep in the menus.

open your account page and click on the wasteland 2 director's cut icon, then click the "More v" drop down and select Serial Keys. there should be a "Wasteland 1 gift code: http://www.gog.com/redeem/blahblahblah" link for you

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

site posted:

its very deep in the menus.

open your account page and click on the wasteland 2 director's cut icon, then click the "More v" drop down and select Serial Keys. there should be a "Wasteland 1 gift code: http://www.gog.com/redeem/blahblahblah" link for you

Ah, well, you see, there's no Serial Keys option there or anywhere which is what got me asking :shrug:

e: Oh you've got to be kidding me GOG, they're there on the site but nowhere on GOG Galaxy. Is there anything that isn't much worse in GOG Galaxy as opposed to just using the website?

ee: Just realized I already had Wasteland anyway :newlol:

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 12, 2019

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The Kins posted:

No. They are, however, doing the exact polar opposite, where if you own one of the following games on Steam, you can get a DRM-free GOG copy for free:

Age of Wonders: Planetfall
DUSK
Galaxy Trucker Extended Edition
Through The Ages
"Unavailable games: DUSK"

*looks at steam where DUSK is currently installed*

:confused:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Zereth posted:

"Unavailable games: DUSK"

*looks at steam where DUSK is currently installed*

:confused:
The Connect system is a bit weird during busy times, and requires your game list on your Steam profile to be publicly visible, so you may need to tweak your privacy settings.

begedin
Jul 28, 2013
Cities in motion *27JX-DLDVA-7VCWJ (starts with seven)

I know, wow, such a gift!

billy cuts
Aug 14, 2003

wrists of fury
Buglord

begedin posted:

Cities in motion *27JX-DLDVA-7VCWJ (starts with seven)

I know, wow, such a gift!

I grabbed this, thanks!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The Escapists is free on EGS now

They're not showing the next freebie :iiam:

Dancer
May 23, 2011
It's every two weeks right?They said they'd only do this for a year, and the next 2 week period would land mostly in 2020.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Nope this one is a week, and it says to check back for more free games on the 19th. They're just not saying what the game(s) will be in advance this time.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They might be doing a holiday sale and give away themed games or something.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
It was just announced that they'll be giving away a free game every day, for 12 days, starting on the 19th.

Lead Psychiatry
Dec 22, 2004

I wonder if a soldier ever does mend a bullet hole in his coat?
I'm seeing and just got Wolf Among Us on EGS along with Escapists.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
I have activated 80-90% of the free EGS games, and have yet to install the game launcher. I'm not sure if I ever will.

But I guess they've succeeded in getting my eyeballs on their storefront with this.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Wolf Among Us is an adaptation of the Bad Wolf from Fables, the comic series, which is at least an entertaining notion.

Is The Escapists anything more or better than what Prison Architect has to offer for that game mode? The trailer suggests storage of items for use for later (and I don't recall Prison Architect having a grappling hook). Its initial release was noticeably after the semi-public alpha for PA and seems a bit simpler and like a game mode that was demanded by the testers of PA which did eventually came out but not quite as quickly as a developer I've never heard of put out a prison escape game.

stringless fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Dec 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Griefor posted:

I have activated 80-90% of the free EGS games, and have yet to install the game launcher. I'm not sure if I ever will.

But I guess they've succeeded in getting my eyeballs on their storefront with this.

Same, although I stupidly missed Jotun last week and am annoyed at myself over it since that is one of the games that actually interested me.