Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/101ShRNc4MC1YtBI2XE0ru8rda4aTlNBaIytsutD-QIc/edit#gid=1959274628

But click the other sheet

E: I'm running out of pics so enjoy a friend's cooking pot problems (it's either this or catsick.jpg)

Microplastics fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yeah I didn't see your original post but Labour were asking London-based members to head out of town if they at all could last night because they're very short-handed, and both Ipswich or Peterborough were on the list.
If anyone wants a lift I'll be driving up tomorrow morning from east London. Still divided on which to go for, I reckon Ipswich is lesser-known so wonder if they might find themselves more in need there.

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 11, 2019

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

peanut- posted:

I don't understand why the BBC haven't just told Laura K to get the gently caress off Twitter.

The BBC is

a) institutionally more like the Tories - it's very much an old boys network and people shifting between the BBC and the Tories.
b) terrified of the Tories; they already said that they'd revisit the license fee discussion. That was a clear sign from the Tories to 'lay off'
c) personally a bunch of their high level reporters and presenters (Andrew Neill as example A) are either literal Tories or come from bad places around it (Spectator etc)
d) by design infested by the Tories, who placed a bunch of their people in charge of some of the news and politics programs.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The reporter was probably going for "so desires", tbh.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

josh04 posted:

The reporter was probably going for "so desires", tbh.

Hence "Freudian slip"

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

wanna watch the dancefight sequence that comes after this

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/centrist_phone/status/1204784263029313536

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Got a taxi just now and hopefully persuaded the guy to vote Labour. Said he was leaning that way but had heard that Corbyn was pro-Assad.

Persuaded him that he just wants Assad in the Hague and then he moved on to the NHS and I brought up the medicines being negotiated and the shortage of bedding to the photo of the boy on the floor (which he suddenly recalled and was disgusted by). After a bit he said "way I see it is the rich and powerful want a Tory government" and it was smooth sailing from there.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Are the bollywood soaps really like that?

How do Indian grannies live past 50? You'd get a heart attack.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

There's a second slip in that video. When she said "But in order to do that, he needs voters to abandon their traditional party loyalties and vote Conservative instead" she actually meant "We need voters to abandon their traditional party loyalties and vote Conservative instead."

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Braggart posted:

There's a second slip in that video. When she said "But in order to do that, he needs voters to abandon their traditional party loyalties and vote Conservative instead" she actually meant "We need voters to abandon their traditional party loyalties and vote Conservative instead."

Wow, absolutely naked

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I can't help thinking about "Unskewed polls" every time I read Dr Moderate tweet...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

E: I'm running out of pics so enjoy a friend's cooking pot problems (it's either this or catsick.jpg)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBtilyGWPo&t=4s

Doccykins posted:

wanna watch the dancefight sequence that comes after this

OwlFancier posted:

Diet and writing letters.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

CottonWolf posted:

I can't help thinking about "Unskewed polls" every time I read Dr Moderate tweet...

Same. That's why I'm praying he's right while worrying he's wrong.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
I'm sure this won't be a problem for plucky Britaine :britain:

quote:

Guardian
UK's post-Brexit trade at risk ... after Donald Trump engineered the shutdown of the World Trade Organization’s top court.

The UK is at risk of being left at the mercy of the EU in its trading relationship in a year’s time after Donald Trump engineered the shutdown of the World Trade Organization’s top court.

From midnight on Wednesday, the WTO court will no longer adjudicate on trade disputes, putting the world at risk of a free trade free-for-all in which the largest blocs have greater freedom to use their economic weight to do as they wish.

Cool how an orange mushbrain can just do that :shrug:

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

CottonWolf posted:

Well, we'll know one way or another pretty soon.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

OwlFancier posted:

I found a channel that showed them once. Spent an afternoon transfixed, watching unsubtitled soaps in a language I didn't understand. They were all exactly like that- dramatic audio cues, rapid tone shifts, constant reaction shots.

Better than loving EastEnders at any rate.

e:

CottonWolf posted:

Same, optimistic as I am. Bad as the professional psephology is I can't imagine the amateur stuff is any better. Might as well throw bones.

It would help if I knew who this guy is.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

I found a channel that showed them once. Spent an afternoon transfixed, watching unsubtitled soaps in a language I didn't understand. They were all exactly like that- dramatic audio cues, rapid tone shifts, constant reaction shots.

Better than loving EastEnders at any rate.

The british soap as far as I can tell is men and women wandering awkwardly into each other's houses, looking uncomfortably at each other in silence, and then leaving again. Interspersed with loud arguments and people being passive aggressive at each other.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

If all just pray this is correct https://twitter.com/centrist_phone/status/1204744928565305346

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

The british soap as far as I can tell is men and women wandering awkwardly into each other's houses, looking uncomfortably at each other in silence, and then leaving again. Interspersed with loud arguments and people being passive aggressive at each other.

This is mostly accurate, except when you get a holiday whereupon a) someone is killed in an insane way b) there's a huge explosion or c) someone dies whilst a sad pop song plays.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
A feelgood click: https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=news&q=filter%3Averified%20%22vote%20labour%22&src=typd

HJB fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Dec 11, 2019

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The Deleter posted:

This is mostly accurate, except when you get a holiday whereupon a) someone is killed in an insane way b) there's a huge explosion or c) someone dies whilst a sad pop song plays.

Oh yes christmas death threats I forgot that one.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Here's the past few weeks of me reading this thread summed up in a single gif:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

One thing I find mildly interesting is that while 2015/17 were full of farmers south of boro flying their UKIP/Brexit megabanners, I haven't seen one this year. Nor a conservative stake to replace them.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Lib Dem colleague has told me they've stopped campaigning in Sale West and that some them might be helping Labour with their gotv tomorrow.

Feeling hope lads, not going to lie.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
why are you still voting for boris jesus

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
https://twitter.com/goncalosousa/status/1204723052619145216

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

CottonWolf posted:

Yeah Trump supporters sure had egg on their faces after that one

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvi88s3KcFQ

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

when I clicked on this the top result was "concerns over antisemitism mean we cannot vote Labour"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

why are you still voting for boris jesus

I'd post the that's capitalism smilie, but even the FT are better with Corbyn so...

...that's imperial nostalgia?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

sinky posted:

I'm sure this won't be a problem for plucky Britaine :britain:

Cool how an orange mushbrain can just do that :shrug:

international law is never more than one mushbrain away from catastrophic failure

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Imagine voting for Boris Actual Johnson

It boggles the mind

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Samovar posted:

I'd post the that's capitalism smilie, but even the FT are better with Corbyn so...

...that's imperial nostalgia?

I thought it was because all the gods objected to Corbyn? tbf i can't speak for all of them, but at the very least the G-d of the jews and the God of the English

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Azza Bamboo posted:

when I clicked on this the top result was "concerns over antisemitism mean we cannot vote Labour"

Ah, I have it set to Latest not Top, all the recent ones are positive, I'll fix the link.

Matbacon
Aug 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S8X-5yDlHg&t=19s

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would think Cernunnos would probably be quite keen on corbyn tbh.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Lib Dem colleague has told me they've stopped campaigning in Sale West and that some them might be helping Labour with their gotv tomorrow.

Feeling hope lads, not going to lie.

Isn't that Angela Smith? I can't imagine her being OK with that, she knew she was there to be a wrecker anyway.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Vote Labour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

:hmmyes: