Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

ikanreed posted:

Which is actual outsider art expressing the actual zeitgeist of the era and had to be destroyed

Maybe it's part of the art and it's still going and they're making a statement about coverups, and it will keep going in that corner for many more steps to keep us entertained forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Crossposting

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Hi I just want to post this because cspam did a lot to help me out last mobth

https://twitter.com/KamenRiderUno/status/1204111339448414208?s=19

And it all goes double for goons

:unsmith: you absolutely love to see it.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Crossposting

Any backstory about this for those unfamiliar?

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Maybe it's part of the art and it's still going and they're making a statement about coverups, and it will keep going in that corner for many more steps to keep us entertained forever

Honestly that'd be pretty great if the whole thing was just a snowball of an art project

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Taffer posted:

Any backstory about this for those unfamiliar?

I think it's something like this:
Poster's bud was in a car accident, he and his g/f had minor injuries. They don't have insurance. I think the cops were trying to say he was drunk and fled the scene which apparently was not the case. He didn't have money for the hospital bill or to get legal representation so CSPAM helped out a bit.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/wideofthepost/status/1204156272846790656

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I've got a gig playing jazz christmas tunes friday night lol

I'm gonna wear my santa hat and swing my rear end off

also I've been obsessed with this youtube channel that's just this old Indian dude making shitloads of food for orphan kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0bDzCqtPIQ

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

WampaLord posted:

Crossposting

Protected now, what's the good news on this?

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

if watching The Sopranos taught me anything it's that you should really be more enthusiastic about receiving jackets than this

(this own btw)

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://twitter.com/kunert_ebooks/status/1204303793535381505

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

It's like finding a lost Shakespeare play :magical:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Protected now, what's the good news on this?

spacemang_spliff posted:

I think it's something like this:
Poster's bud was in a car accident, he and his g/f had minor injuries. They don't have insurance. I think the cops were trying to say he was drunk and fled the scene which apparently was not the case. He didn't have money for the hospital bill or to get legal representation so CSPAM helped out a bit.

And the happy resolution was that he didn't get charged with anything and the goon donations have helped get him back on his feet.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

WampaLord posted:

And the happy resolution was that he didn't get charged with anything and the goon donations have helped get him back on his feet.

Awesome, thanks.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

He put it on Ebay, going to donate the proceeds to Bernie. $ 660 rn

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Johnny-Fivea...d1-e0cf243ea43b

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/TIME/status/1204743717132914688

She beat out

quote:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
Donald Trump
Mark Zuckerberg
Xi Jinping
The Whistleblower
Megan Rapinoe
Rudy Giuliani
Jacinda Ardern
The Hong Kong Protesters

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Amazing, the times had so many succ choices and went with a decent one

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Aw that's cool.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

He put it on Ebay, going to donate the proceeds to Bernie. $ 660 rn

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Johnny-Fivea...d1-e0cf243ea43b

It's now 4420.69

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

It's now 4420.69

I opened the link to the ebay auction expecting to see exactly this and the internet did not disappoint.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

The happy is at the top of the subforum!

quote:

Thank you all for bringing these matters to our attention, and for weighing in. Your perspective is valuable and we take every post under consideration. There is a lot of turmoil on the forums right now, in QCS, in the mod forum, and in the various subforums. We are here, we are listening, and we are working together to better our community.

FYAD got pretty hosed up and we’re looking to course correct. I want to make it absolutely clear that bigotry, of any and all kinds, isn’t welcome here on the forums, anywhere.

We’ve done a lot of housecleaning there over the last two days, and of course will have more to do as time marches on. Further, we’ve removed the old FYAD mod and will be taking a different approach to how the forum is moderated.

In the past, FYAD existed on a kind of island, isolated from the rest of the mods and the forums at large. We had hoped that they would self govern and stay within the general culture of the broader forums, but that didn’t happen, and it got really out of hand. We won’t let that happen again. New FYAD moderation will be an honest part of the mod team, and we will work together to make sure that even the “gross pics and flame wars” forum stays current with the rest of the forums culture.

FYAD is a big part of SA history, and Lowtax doesn't want that to go away. FYAD will, however, be reformed into something that adheres to the original mission of the forum, while not allowing toxicity and hate to brew within its walls.

We’re all goons, and we’re all here because we love posting on the best drat forums online. Lets work together and thrive.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Nebakenezzer posted:

The happy is at the top of the subforum!

The gently caress happened with FYAD?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Cthulu Carl posted:

Apparently (and this is shocking), there a bunch of homophobic, transphobic, and general lovely people posting over there "ironically."

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cthulu Carl posted:

someone made a thread about fyad being anti trans a bunch in their subforum so fyad dogpiled in and were anti trans and racist in qcs so everyone got banned and fyad is on lockdown

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Cthulu Carl posted:

Announcement is the shot, this is the chaser:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Blast of Confetti posted:

someone made a thread about fyad being anti trans a bunch in their subforum so fyad dogpiled in and were anti trans and racist in qcs so everyone got banned and fyad is on lockdown

Worth pointing out that the FYAD thread was actively lurking a bunch of other threads where trans folks were sharing experiences and "ironically" making GBS threads on them in their little bigorty circlejerk between "ironically" sharing antitrans pseudoscience about how trans people don't really exist. The mod that ate the permaban was happily participating.

After getting called out on it, they all flooded QCS to tell the trans folks that they just didn't get it, that it was okay because it was "funny", that it wasn't a big deal, and that they're all totally not bigots for posting and/or defending bigotry.

They're now all eating bans and long probes. It's legit good to see happening.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FYAD seems to just be Kiwi Farms for people who don't want to change online friend groups.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/pinknews/status/1204005099233828870?s=21

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

be gay do organized crime

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

The Italian Mafia...more woke than a lot of Americans.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

chitoryu12 posted:

FYAD seems to just be Kiwi Farms for people who don't want to change online friend groups.

really, it should have been axed when helldump was

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

fool_of_sound posted:

be gay do organized crime

:potg:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
:nws: Hell of a headline. :nws:

it's not a fish it's a worm

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
10 inches? I thought the average was 4. This is very unsettling.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Check out this sound

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

StandardVC10 posted:

:nws: Hell of a headline. :nws:

it's not a fish it's a worm

"The ocean probably shouldn’t have hit send on this one" lol

The happy-threaddiest part of this is how loving happy those birds are

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Yeah uh some happy news would be really, really appreciated today by a lot of folks I bet.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
this was pretty awesome to read:

After Five Years of Drought, Kenyan Region Finally Gets Clean Water Thanks to Solar-Powered Saltwater Plant

quote:

For the last five years, this Kenyan region has been suffering from debilitating drought—but they have finally been given the gift of clean water thanks to a new solar-powered desalination plant.

Prior to the plant’s launch in the town of Kiunga, villagers had completely run out of clean drinking water and had instead resorted to using dirty well-water and saltwater from the Indian Ocean.

Now, the solar water farm produces enough clean drinking water for more than 35,000 people every day. Not only that, the water has been shown to be even cleaner than typical desalination plants.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The pickings are slim.

https://twitter.com/vcstar/status/1205223308297416714?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye