Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Some mid-grade delivery truckfuckling at work today.

That's gonna have some shimmy on the beltway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
What did you do to my truck?! I just came in for my free rotate and balance and it didn't have anything wrong with it!!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

glynnenstein posted:

Some mid-grade delivery truckfuckling at work today.

That's gonna have some shimmy on the beltway.

"Hey, Todd, where's the curb?"
"Found it!"

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Fumble posted:

its like a guy up a tree with a chainsaw for a while then boom out of nowhere crane to the head.

Also a crane out of nowhere and a boom to the head.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

https://i.imgur.com/M929CQS.gifv

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Haha he even checks to comfirm he poo poo his pants at the end

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

ekuNNN posted:

Haha he even checks to confirm he poo poo his pants at the end

There's a thread title somewhere in this statement

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Keep OSHA poo poo in mind even if you're just bringing a friend out to help clear trash from the house you've gutted, folks.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/1211-death

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

slinkimalinki posted:

With people who have burns to 95 percent of their bodies, is there enough skin to harvest? Do they just go back to the same area 20 times?

All so what area is the remainder usually? Is it really the crotch/asscrack like that one Carlin bit?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

monolithburger posted:

If the Russians haven't developed Funky Bomb technology yet, I'm gonna be awfully disappointed before I'm turned to dust.

From several pages ago, but the best strat. was to get the Dirt Clod bomb and just bury your opponents in dirt that they then had to try and shoot through, usually resulting in them killing themselves, cause no one would think to buy one of the Digger rounds that dug through dirt for that exact scenario.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

DrBouvenstein posted:

From several pages ago, but the best strat. was to get the Dirt Clod bomb and just bury your opponents in dirt that they then had to try and shoot through, usually resulting in them killing themselves, cause no one would think to buy one of the Digger rounds that dug through dirt for that exact scenario.

I was always partial to the death heads. Even if they killed me in the process.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

DrBouvenstein posted:

The copy I had worked weird as dirt would cover up the shields and then bombs could burrow through the dirt as if the shield wasn't there, so it'd be a two round fight.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Tony Snark posted:

All so what area is the remainder usually? Is it really the crotch/asscrack like that one Carlin bit?

Even the taint can be burned if you're not careful.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Yes, taint, armpits, etc sometimes escape though I wouldn't call it unscathed. I almost had to go to Shriner's when I was 10 due to taking apart C or D sized model rocket engines and burning the contents. Having the top surface of my hand and arm and the right side of my face debrided like at home or at my family physician was apparently miles better than dealing with the hardened pros at Shriners' where they will hold you and scrub and not mind your cries. I still can't imagine, thank goodness.

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
https://imgur.com/gallery/uH8oXn3

:gonk:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

how are people capable of loving up so hard. HOW? You'd imagine they'd have died long ago, but no an adult with a license and a job, still out there living on the goddamn edge all day.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

slinkimalinki posted:

With people who have burns to 95 percent of their bodies, is there enough skin to harvest? Do they just go back to the same area 20 times?

In many cases, skin isn't required to heal the burn, it's just required to heal it quickly and not make it look awful. Plus, you can allograft many times if you have the cadaver skin to do it while the good areas spread and heal. Also, a 4x8 inch patch of skin graft is meshed using what I've heard affectionately called the "pasta cutter from Hell (not NWS link but be careful)", to spread over an area 4-5x as large.

If the skin isn't meshed and instead used straight-up, it's called a "sheet graft" and is generally only done for the face, hands, and genitals, as un-meshed skin effectively only covers 1/5th the area it would otherwise. I've seen cheek skin get used to rebuild eyelids.

Queen Combat fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 11, 2019

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

thisisfine.jpg

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Queen Combat posted:

In many cases, skin isn't required to heal the burn, it's just required to heal it quickly and not make it look awful. Plus, you can allograft many times if you have the cadaver skin to do it while the good areas spread and heal. Also, a 4x8 inch patch of skin graft is meshed using what I've heard affectionately called the "pasta cutter from Hell (not NWS link but be careful)", to spread over an area 4-5x as large.

If the skin isn't meshed and instead used straight-up, it's called a "sheet graft" and is generally only done for the face, hands, and genitals, as un-meshed skin effectively only covers 1/5th the area it would otherwise. I've seen cheek skin get used to rebuild eyelids.

I will probably regret asking this: can a living person donate skin? Besides rosacea on my back and acne on the face, my poo poo's fine. O+ if that matters.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

MA-Horus posted:

thisisfine.jpg

From what we can see, this seems almost safe? OSHA thread so the bottom of the ladder is probably sitting on a table from the break room but hey.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

goatsestretchgoals posted:

From what we can see, this seems almost safe? OSHA thread so the bottom of the ladder is probably sitting on a table from the break room but hey.

Nah, that's the latest crossfit craze, ladder runs. You get a big extension ladder, rest it up against something in the ceiling, then balance the bottom of the ladder on a medicine ball or a stack of weight plates. Climb up it as fast as you can, touch the bar in the ceiling, then hop down every other rung while clapping your hands. Do this 10 times, then gently caress off home, leaving everything set up exactly as it is, because you're a massive dickhead.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Nah, that's the latest crossfit craze, ladder runs. You get a big extension ladder, rest it up against something in the ceiling, then balance the bottom of the ladder on a medicine ball or a stack of weight plates. Climb up it as fast as you can, touch the bar in the ceiling, then hop down every other rung while clapping your hands. Do this 10 times, then gently caress off home, leaving everything set up exactly as it is, because you're a massive dickhead.

I can't tell if you are just making this up or not.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Balancing the ladder on a medicine ball is the bit that makes it unbelievable.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
E: Beaten:

Filling container is on the ground and not a truck bed, everything is ok

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Platystemon posted:

Balancing the ladder on a medicine ball is the bit that makes it unbelievable.

Doin it for the gram

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

HardDiskD posted:

I can't tell if you are just making this up or not.

Yeah crossfit is constantly butting up against Poe's Law.

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007

Isn't that how they sell it in Canada?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Queen Combat posted:

How much skin can you get from one corpse? It seems like each person has a lot if you peel them completely, but i'm not sure if it's all suitable or if you can only use certain areas.

Edit: i assume the best stuff comes from organ donors, who are only just dead or technically-still-alive (but brain dead)?

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

This thread has taught me to never click on links without descriptions.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

OSHA IV: Each person has a lot if you peel them completely

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Professor of Cats posted:

This thread has taught me to never click on links without descriptions.

https://m.imgur.com/r/kittens/GIW4e8U

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Marty...slow the gently caress down
https://i.imgur.com/PLaoyqw.mp4

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

LifeSunDeath posted:

Liking this new Ghost Rider a lot better than the Nicholas Cage version.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Haha the gate is going to close on the...oh that escalated quickly.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Memento posted:

Yeah crossfit is constantly butting up against Poe's Law.

No matter how stupid you think any given exercise idea is, someone, 20 years ago, bred an idiot so massively dumb that he thinks it's the greatest thing since social media (on which he is a huge whore for likes).

Poe's law, human stupidity, and Darwin are in a never-ending slapfight, where we, the people in the OSHA thread are the winners.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
did someone say dumb exercise ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eECjjLNAOd4

(lifting/fitness isn't technically OSHA since it's mostly not done as part of a job, but it's...tangential?)

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.

Big Dick Cheney posted:

Isn't that how they sell it in Canada?

I have visited Canada and can confirm this is accurate :discourse:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I saw a horrible OSHA video the other day. It's a security camera from a warehouse of some kind. Guy by himself driving a forklift, trying to load these big things on the truck. The things start to tip over, and he jumps off the forklift to try to steady them. The forklift keeps going, and crushes him against the truck, then drags him across until he falls on the floor. As he's lying there writhing, the forklift somehow keeps going around in a big circle, and runs him over again, and.... keeps going around in a big circle in the middle of the warehouse floor dragging him. Around and around, until it starts leave a big circular dark smear. :gonk: The whole thing isn't explicit, because the camera is so far away you can't see detail, but somehow that makes it worse, because you can just imagine.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

LifeSunDeath posted:

"Wait a minute, Doc. Are you telling me you built a time machine... out of a tanker truck?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

LifeSunDeath posted:

Yeah, 44000L of ethanol went up because the guy crashed at twice the speed limit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdfsPfRG6b0

http://us.tomonews.com/runaway-ethanol-tanker-kills-six-causes-hell-fire-explosion-in-brazil-3148473