Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

https://twitter.com/ControlRemedy/status/1202638974193479680

Though it could just be that they currently have an arrangement with someone else and they can't say that it is coming to game pass yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

https://twitter.com/ControlRemedy/status/1202638974193479680

Though it could just be that they currently have an arrangement with someone else and they can't say that it is coming to game pass yet.

It's probably coming after the new year, and Phil just hosed up a nice chunk of money they could have made on holiday sales.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Time to play through games to get ready.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Control is peak Game Pass game what with it taking 12 hours to do and see everything and paid DLC being announced like 2 weeks after release.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its a good game with decent gameplay, super lore writing, and a few superb set pieces
Far too much combat tho.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The load times in Control on a HDD are absolutely excruciating

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fighting the Anchor was a clear homage to Bloodborne release version 1.0

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Big Bidness posted:

It's probably coming after the new year, and Phil just hosed up a nice chunk of money they could have made on holiday sales.

Dozens of sales lost

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Control loving slaps, I loved the setting and story.

I wish it ran better though, and I played on an X.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Soul Glo posted:

Control loving slaps, I loved the setting and story.

I wish it ran better though, and I played on an X.

The only technical issue I experienced was after unpausing the game it would chug bad for a second or two. It did get a little annoying after awhile.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

BisterdDave posted:

The only technical issue I experienced was after unpausing the game it would chug bad for a second or two. It did get a little annoying after awhile.

I felt like the whole game was framey, and the menus were frustratingly laggy. It felt like it was chugging at times. The controls felt thick because of it.

I understand it's because of all the particle physics of poo poo blowing up real good, and the effects are nice, but I probably would trade a solid 60fps throughout for that.

Different folks are more forgiving of that stuff, just kinda my biggest complaint about that game. Also some of the boss runs are annoyingly far from the checkpoints, and I'm a Souls fan.

e: but that stuff against it, I would not bat an eye at people calling it their GOTY. That game owns overall.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
On my X, Control had very noticeable framerate drops with regularity. It really doesn't run great.

But, in the end, it's a very forgettable game anyways. I did like playing it, but it certainly doesn't leave any kind of lasting impression.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

It does that on PS4Pro as well

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Huge bug for US only

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/e7b31t/game_pass_ultimate_for_005_a_day/

Go into your billing and change it. Currently it works out to 1.50 a month at .05 cents a day.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
I stocked up on Gold when the yearly plan was still available from Microsoft Rewards, so I'm good to 2022 after converting. I'll see if they still honor it then!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pc runs control pretty well but its a nightmare on the sub tier of consoles

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Huge bug for US only

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/e7b31t/game_pass_ultimate_for_005_a_day/

Go into your billing and change it. Currently it works out to 1.50 a month at .05 cents a day.

Still working, just changed my account to this. Ultimate for $18 a year rules. Xbox Stays Winning.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Control and Sekiro are the two games I’m desperately waiting DLC for. They got DLC coming for Control sometime in January? But no word on Sekiro yet it seems. They were both just the two most fantastic games I’ve played all year.

What’re you all’s favorite sleeper hits in gamepass? I have tried and bounced off quite a few. DMC 5 was way too anime weird for me. Alien isolation seems really cool but not as good as REVII, I’ve tried subnautica once or twice but can’t figure out the first 5 minutes well enough to ever survive. I feel like that could be a gem I’m missing. I feel like there’s prob a bunch of good ones in there.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I want to say remnant but i never have any one to play with, so I don't play it. Anyone still play payday2?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

GUI posted:

Control is peak Game Pass game what with it taking 12 hours to do and see everything and paid DLC being announced like 2 weeks after release.

Yep. Not to mention plenty of 505's other games have ended up on Game Pass/GWG.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Am I right in saying that the next Xbox will be based on this year's Ryzen CPU/3000 series chips?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Am I right in saying that the next Xbox will be based on this year's Ryzen CPU/3000 series chips?

I don't speak chipanese but here's a new leak from a guy that's apparently right about everything he drops: reddit

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
I'm looking forward to Untitled Goose Game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WattsvilleBlues posted:

That's the rumor, yeah.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Lambert posted:

On my X, Control had very noticeable framerate drops with regularity. It really doesn't run great.

But, in the end, it's a very forgettable game anyways. I did like playing it, but it certainly doesn't leave any kind of lasting impression.

I do not like this hot take.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The lore is good. Some set pieces were very cool. I dont want to throw floor at any more boring hiss ever again tho.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I never got tired of ripping chunks of concrete wall off to chuck at people, but having some enemy variety would have been nice yeah.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

To the person who asked about Payday 2: The last couple of patches made the game very single player friendly, although I think the very latest patch pushed up the difficulty again which is a pain.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Welp looks like I'm not done with Forza 4 yet!

https://kotaku.com/forza-horizon-4-...zMjSYWUjKT2nfPQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CeFSCa_m6I

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 12, 2019

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Wait how do you eliminate enemies? By time, by just pushing people with momentum out of the circle for x amount of seconds, or the cherished twisted metal methodology?

Either way I'm loving in.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm guessing it's more like a standard eliminator race than they let on in the trailer, where you're racing to a destination through checkpoints and it you fall too far behind you die. Still looks fun as hell though, and Forza is always a good time.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I don’t play forza at all but that looks really rad and I’m installing it tonight to try it hen it lands.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Is the gunfire in Reach muffled as gently caress for anyone else?

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Beastie posted:

Is the gunfire in Reach muffled as gently caress for anyone else?

Yeah, they blamed it on some problem with the format. Aha, found the original

quote:

To update Halo: Reach for Xbox One and PC required entirely changing the encoding for the game’s audio which has resulted in it sounding different from the original release. We are aware that areas of the title don’t sound like what you or we ideally want them to. It will take some time to work through solutions to improve the overall experience for audio and that work is already underway. When it is ready, we will flight to test the fixes we can make prior to updating the title.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-november-2019

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Nuts and Gum posted:

Wait how do you eliminate enemies? By time, by just pushing people with momentum out of the circle for x amount of seconds, or the cherished twisted metal methodology?

Either way I'm loving in.

Easy Allies did a video of the mode. Eliminations are either from losing a race between you and another driver or cumulatively staying outside the circle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1c7o5MOAxE

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

bushisms.txt posted:

I want to say remnant but i never have any one to play with, so I don't play it. Anyone still play payday2?

Hey I know we added each other but we haven’t linked up yet, I’m down for remnant still. I’ll also play payday 2: I tried it on gamepass this summer and played it on pc years ago

~missed connections~

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Pathologic 2 is on Xbox game pass now, go play it

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

FastestGunAlive posted:

Hey I know we added each other but we haven’t linked up yet, I’m down for remnant still. I’ll also play payday 2: I tried it on gamepass this summer and played it on pc years ago

~missed connections~

No worries, I'm usually on every night playing Apex, but unless you see me in a private party, feel free to message me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Halo Reach is pretty on the X.

getting lots of rare achievements tho. apparently only 7% of people have completed the first mission? and i got another that was 1% for discovering a hidden radio signal or something.

Havent had that much fun in co-op/multiplayer in a looooong rear end time.