Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I kind of feel bad for Rob and Sandra, 2 of the Survivor greats stuck in a position of no control on what will likely be the worst season of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptive
Dec 27, 2012
The good part of this is that Kellee won't have to deal with Dan at Ponderosa.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Janet, Noura, Lauren is the final 3 I want

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

curiousCat posted:

oh my god
Janet is gonna win the fire challenge isn't she
we saw her make fire episode 1
I’m afraid she’s going to be bounced next vote by the dumb idol nullifier.

Anyway, with Dan out of the way, it locks at least one of Tommy/Dean/Janet at f3.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
https://twitter.com/kellee_kim/status/1204949876464742400

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Deceptive posted:

The good part of this is that Kellee won't have to deal with Dan at Ponderosa.

Might have been the first castoff met at the dock with pitchforks instead of cold beers

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Read an ew article where Jeff stonewalled Dalton on the eviction and gave us nothing, called

Survivor host Jeff Probst talks about first player ever ejected from the game

and at the end

Related content:
Survivor to pre-tape reunion show due to sensitivity and security concerns
Karishma Patel of Survivor opens up on being made to feel ‘worthless’

What an all-around ugly disaster of a season

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

Note: Dan groped on the way back to his tribe beach

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
What a disaster of a situation and season as a whole.

Here's a new ugly dimension to this reality I just thought of: Janet has an idol for 5, can make fire better than anyone to get through 4, and would probably beat anyone at Final 3. Essentially the only way she can lose the game is god drat Dean playing his god drat nullifier on her at 5. After all this ugliness, against all odds, the season was inches from having an incredibly satisfying winner, and it's all probably going to go to hell because of a dumb twist and dumb freaking Dean.

Truly the darkest timeline.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

mancalamania posted:

Here's a new ugly reality: Janet has an idol for 5, can make fire better than anyone to get through 4, and would probably beat anyone at Final 3. Essentially the only way she can lose the game is god drat Dean playing his god drat nullifier on her at 5. After all this ugliness, against all odds, the season was inches from having an incredibly satisfying winner, and it's all probably going to go to hell because of a dumb twist and dumb freaking Dean.

I dunno, Tommy, Lauren, or Noura would all be a fine winner for this trainwreck of a season. I think there's been enough to show that Tommy is playing an A Grade social game.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Dumbass Dean is the winner this season deserves.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If there wasn’t a nullifier then by evacuating Dan they’d be seriously screwing everyone who’d planned to flush Janet’s idol at 6. The season would still be messed up. Also Dan being straight up kicked off the show really says to me this cast was straight up delusional to still be pushing that don’t sleep on 39 stuff.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Elaine told Jeff she's never lucky.

Spergatory posted:

Dumbass Dean is the winner this season deserves.

Dean is going to dumb luck his way to F3.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Don't sleep on 39, because it's a loving nightmare.

whoscookinbacon
Apr 4, 2011

mancalamania posted:

Here's a new ugly dimension to this reality I just thought of: Janet has an idol for 5, can make fire better than anyone to get through 4, and would probably beat anyone at Final 3. Essentially the only way she can lose the game is god drat Dean playing his god drat nullifier on her at 5. After all this ugliness, against all odds, the season was inches from having an incredibly satisfying winner, and it's all probably going to go to hell because of a dumb twist and dumb freaking Dean.

Truly the darkest timeline.

Hey, remember when Jamal went to the Island of Idols? He had found a clue hidden in plain sight and was whisked away to Rob and Sandra's camp. There, he was
chastised for expecting "something for nothing" and was only given a piece of paper and a pen to do as he wished. He made a fake legacy advantage and pinned it on Dean, and was voted out the next tribal.

Dean, a few episodes later, gets his name picked out of a hat and is similarly summoned to Rob and Sandra, where he wins a coin flip to receive an idol nulifier. (Yeah, he risked his vote... in a tribal where Elaine lost 5-2.) So not only a dumb twist as you correctly called it, for more or less....something for nothing.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

whoscookinbacon posted:

Hey, remember when Jamal went to the Island of Idols? He had found a clue hidden in plain sight and was whisked away to Rob and Sandra's camp. There, he was
chastised for expecting "something for nothing" and was only given a piece of paper and a pen to do as he wished. He made a fake legacy advantage and pinned it on Dean, and was voted out the next tribal.

Dean, a few episodes later, gets his name picked out of a hat and is similarly summoned to Rob and Sandra, where he wins a coin flip to receive an idol nulifier. (Yeah, he risked his vote... in a tribal where Elaine lost 5-2.) So not only a dumb twist as you correctly called it, for more or less....something for nothing.

I had the same realization, "Hey Rob previously said on Survivor you don't get something for nothing and then he gave Dean something for nothing" where the reward far outweighed the risk.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Don't sleep on 39, because it's a loving nightmare.

Off-season thread title, I'm begging

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shneak posted:

Elphiem
Dec 4, 2005

CFC Fan
Seriously does anyone know when Australian Survivor All Stars begins?

The channel 10 website said it began a week ago, but I don't think it did.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

People are giving Dean way too much credit to assume he’d play his advantage properly

daveline
Nov 22, 2007

Elphiem posted:

Seriously does anyone know when Australian Survivor All Stars begins?

The channel 10 website said it began a week ago, but I don't think it did.

I believe it's in January some time, don't think they have released a date yet though

e: https://10play.com.au/australian-survivor/articles/survivor-all-stars-2020/tpa191010nbeas says Feb 2020

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
also, I guess we know why some people aren't really saying much on social media or dodging interviews because they had to know this Dan thing was coming since he wasn't on the jury.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

TMMadman posted:

also, I guess we know why some people aren't really saying much on social media or dodging interviews because they had to know this Dan thing was coming since he wasn't on the jury.

It adds an interesting twist to the apologies that came out after the first stuff aired, where they all acted shocked at how stuff appeared on-screen.

I guess Survivor finally has it's own Big Brother Season 9 (I haven't watched most recent seasons so i don't know if they've had a worse one since then)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I guess to play devil's advocate a lot of the silence at least from productions side could actually be legal stuff if Dan is in more trouble than just being kicked out of a game. And maybe the players just didn't want to or couldn't reveal Dan's fate. But that would mean production lied when they said the players were choosing not to speak. I guess that could be answered if they all do press now. But with the finale being pretaped it all feels sketchy and lovely still.

I don't know. Its all gross and I'm very much not having any fun anymore.

Robnoxious posted:

Yikes... this dude was an IRL serial creeper.
If he wasn't supplanted in Hollywood entertainment circles I would have call this shocking.

We may never know if Dan was the Second Coming of Harvey Weinberg but it does go to show that his type of behavior is very commonplace in the entertainment field.

I don't know if that was an accident or not but its probably not a great idea to replace one Jewish surname with another.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Shneak posted:

I can just put the request in now? No big deal.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Yeah, I’m not watching the rest of this season. Let’s hope S40 comes even close to getting things back on track.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aerox posted:

Yeah, I’m not watching the rest of this season. Let’s hope S40 comes even close to getting things back on track.

I'll probably watch it to see how it plays out and how they handle the issues on the finale but like, I don't care who wins and if it weren't for this thread I probably wouldn't care about watching it in a timely matter. And the finale will just feel fake and a pr statement now. But I guess I kind of want to see them all apologize to Kellee even if I won't believe it from half of them.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Jeff Varner and Russell Hantz are defending Dan on social media. So you know, he's in good company. :barf:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Lmao here comes Varner

https://twitter.com/jeffvarner/status/1204947426471223301

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Here's a People scoop

quote:

At the end of Wednesday night’s episode of Survivor: Island of the Idols, it was revealed that contestant Dan Spilo was removed from the game as a result of an undisclosed “incident.”

The explanation that appeared on screen was nebulous: “Dan was removed from the game after a report of another incident, which happened off-camera and did not involve a player.”

PEOPLE has spoken to multiple people involved with the show’s production, who confirmed that the incident in question — which involved a member of the show’s production team — happened after an immunity challenge as Spilo and other contestants were getting into a boat to transport them back to the camp.

At one point, Spilo allegedly touched the female crew member’s leg. According to multiple sources, he insisted that the contact was inadvertent and accidental as he lost his balance while trying to get into the boat. At least one of the remaining contestants witnessed the incident.

But the show’s production team wasn’t convinced that the contact was merely incidental. After consulting with the show’s legal team, producers eventually decided to remove him from the show.

Sources close to Spilo say that he vehemently disagreed with the decision to remove him from the game.

https://people.com/tv/why-survivor-...impression=true

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He just slipped!

https://twitter.com/JEFFVARNER/status/1204996015398563841

All those other times too. He's not a pervert, he's just very clumsy.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Jeff Varner has to be a contender for like the least self-aware guy on the planet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He's making GBS threads on Kellee now and tweeting about how much her cast dislikes her.

The S39 cast are gonna be charmers and Varner has apparently appointed himself as their mentor.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Production is poo poo AND Dan is a touchy-feely creepy gently caress who had no business being out there.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You don't have to go "production is poo poo" to Varner's argument because he's not arguing "production is poo poo because they mishandled this." He's saying that production is lying and making it look like Dan is a pervert but he's innocent and should never have been removed from the show and production is silencing the cast who love Dan and hate Kellee. He is very much NOT agreeing with our criticisms of production.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I was making a point that production actually being poo poo does not exonerate Dan.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
On the infinitesimal chance that it’s true that Dan actually did trip and grab a production lady’s leg totally accidentally and unfairly got kicked off for it, it doesn’t matter and it’s still good because he should have been booted by the end of the first week of the game.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
this season is loving garbage.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

do we really need to hear Varners thoughts on anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
He’s human garbage. You’re right.