Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
what a strange plot twist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

uncertainty posted:

I'm a European currently in the US. Today a guy walked into a restaurant I was at wearing an army-style jacked with the German flag on the sleeve. Now where I am from, that is a clear sign of a neo-nazi and wearing it would most likely result in people shouting at you and pretty likely people throwing punches at you. Does the same symbolism hold in the US? Nothing else about his appearance had any typical alt-right iconography or anything.

Which country do you originally come from? They were on the runway a couple of years ago and everyone is wearing them here in Scandinavia, up to an including organized antiracists. poo poo, I own two. They're Bundeswehr surplus and extremely comfy and durable.

Are you talking about nazi flags or something?

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Those West German jackets are so common I have never seen another flag on the sleeve in Canada.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/MPRnews/status/1204912444306530310

filming kids to own the muslims

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

this is quite bleak

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

TheBalor posted:

Doc Martens are a pretty big tell, especially with red laces. Though I'm pretty sure most assholes with red laces are just that, and not actually people who have "shed blood for the movement."

my gf wears doc martens all the time, and she's super lefty <3

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

yeah i'd put doc martens in the 'ok hand signal' category where there's plenty of people who aren't anywhere near neo-nazi who wear them but if you're already harboring suspicions of a specific person and you see them with doc martens it's not a great look

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

can't say I would have ever expected this

uncertainty
Aug 8, 2011

Tias posted:

Which country do you originally come from? They were on the runway a couple of years ago and everyone is wearing them here in Scandinavia, up to an including organized antiracists. poo poo, I own two. They're Bundeswehr surplus and extremely comfy and durable.

Are you talking about nazi flags or something?

I don't want to specify that location too much, a European country that was occupied during WW2. After the war there was, especially in older generations, unreasonable animosity against anything related to Germany. But, as a consequence of that, nobody would also wear anything with German imagery unless they wanted to send a message. A lot of people wore those kind of jackets, but never with the flag on them. Anyway, I am happy to hear that is definitely something culture-dependent and my restaurant is not full of nazi customers.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

TheBalor posted:

Doc Martens are a pretty big tell,
No.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Azathoth posted:

Must be very location dependent. I have yet to see anyone (in Minnesota) have that kind of stuff on that wasn't also accompanied by a bunch of other fash signaling. Granted, where I'm at isn't exactly a hotbed of alternative religious movements.

Twin Cities here, I'm an omnitheist and I love my Mjølnir amulet as it was a gift from my sister (who got it in Germany, where she will live next year). It is supposed to ward off attacks by giants and it appears to work as far as I'm able to tell.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Tubgoat posted:

Twin Cities here, I'm an omnitheist and I love my Mjølnir amulet as it was a gift from my sister (who got it in Germany, where she will live next year). It is supposed to ward off attacks by giants and it appears to work as far as I'm able to tell.

If you wanna test it out, develop a strong opinion about John Deere vs. International and come down here for a bar crawl.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
i think most black israelites have no specific animosity to jews above and beyond any animosity towards white people in general, tho there’s always fringe exceptions

posting this LF classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fmRgpAvjWM

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

uncertainty posted:

I don't want to specify that location too much, a European country that was occupied during WW2. After the war there was, especially in older generations, unreasonable animosity against anything related to Germany. But, as a consequence of that, nobody would also wear anything with German imagery unless they wanted to send a message. A lot of people wore those kind of jackets, but never with the flag on them. Anyway, I am happy to hear that is definitely something culture-dependent and my restaurant is not full of nazi customers.

I had one with a flag on it and nearly got my rear end kicked in britain for soccer reasons so I ripped the flag off.

another one to watch out for that you see in the socal punk scene (and probably others) is band logos featuring a skanking skinhead in what could described as a swasticular posture:

I can't remember any other names, these guys are locals and probably RAM-affiliated, but there's other bands with very similar logos without the crutches.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

i wore a Bundeswehr jacket in high school and when some exchange students from Germany saw it they were absolutely shocked and thought I was a nazi

but yeah in North America they’re a popular punk/vaguely “alternative” item of clothing, if anything the wearers are probably left of center on average

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Thor’s hammer tats / jewelry is 99% a nazi and 1% confused new age weirdos who suck anyway

I know of a local bearded comedian who realized halfway through his Nordic sleeve tat that he had to switch it up because it looked hella fash. I think he put a bonsai tree in there somewhere.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

kinda the same for celtic cross tattooes. if it's all ornate then they may just be a hibernaboo but if it's simplified lineart then definite fash.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i always thought it was funny that my first intro to the nazi celtic cross ("target symbol") was in like...italy

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

not my picture but ive seen one of these in the wild

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
If you see a Black Sun, it's def fash as gently caress. Literally was invented by Himmler for his special SS roleplay castle.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grand Prize Winner posted:

I had one with a flag on it and nearly got my rear end kicked in britain for soccer reasons so I ripped the flag off.

another one to watch out for that you see in the socal punk scene (and probably others) is band logos featuring a skanking skinhead in what could described as a swasticular posture:

I can't remember any other names, these guys are locals and probably RAM-affiliated, but there's other bands with very similar logos without the crutches.

Are you thinking of Dirty Rotten Imbeciles? Because they're left-wingers

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

isn't that just the classic pogo stance?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Yeah literally every uni student here wears them

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Don Gato posted:

If you see a Black Sun, it's def fash as gently caress. Literally was invented by Himmler for his special SS roleplay castle.

Technically it's repurposed from occult imagery cause Himmler wanted to make Wolfenstein real. There is a zero percent chance that somebody using the black sun is using it for anything other than Nazi signaling but it's important to know where it's from because they will immediately insist that it has nothing to do with the Nazis the fact that they also have an 88 tattoo and a Totenkopf are just coincidences.

You see I was born in 1988 and I love the Prussian military further you will note that I just have a great respect for Marine Scout Snipers and further more...

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
How do people even afford Doc Martens.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I got mine for less than half price at a Ross, but even if I hadn't, they last forever.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Halloween Jack posted:

I got mine for less than half price at a Ross, but even if I hadn't, they last forever.

they used to, anyway. my first pair of docs lasted me 20 years. my second went two months before i was putting the soles back on with shoe goo :sigh:

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Clerical Terrors posted:

How do people even afford Doc Martens.

if you need steeltoes for long workdays, that's kinda the pricerange. I've never had docs but I've tried to work in random cheap steeltoes a couple times and they were pretty painful experiences

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/thetomzone/status/1205146207682809856

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

#notallskinheads

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

It is important to remember that it is all gang signs, and as such are mostly local or regional. There is no universal "is a nazi" signifier as even swastikas means something very different in big chunks of the world.

I still get twitchy when I see red laces in boots though, so it is tough to remember.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Somehow I always think these people have much larger follower counts than they actually do. Maybe because talking about them here and the other thread makes them seem more relevant?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A google of Aimee Therese shows reddit threads of “why are people talking about her?”

We all know why. Let’s not pretend it’s “strasserism” or whatever

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I never understand what the gently caress she's trying to say well enough to be properly mad at her.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alan Smithee posted:

A google of Aimee Therese shows reddit threads of “why are people talking about her?”

We all know why. Let’s not pretend it’s “strasserism” or whatever

Is it because people on twitter love handwringing about an obvious honey pot troll for months because the algorithm made them all look at "her" posts

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's not a real person

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Halloween Jack posted:

I never understand what the gently caress she's trying to say well enough to be properly mad at her.

I feel like Boomer Rot needs to be a coined term because it reads like another insane person.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmaooooooooo

https://twitter.com/SebastianMurdoc/status/1205187398797279235

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The incel decorumist vs the chad mass shooting victim parents harasser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i think most black israelites have no specific animosity to jews above and beyond any animosity towards white people in general, tho there’s always fringe exceptions

This is true overall but the specific sect involved in THIS shooting have a specific hatred for Ashkenazi Jews & consider them frauds along with believing every anti-Semitic conspiracy theory about them.