Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Oh wait, did they straight up delete the old Barrage Skill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Nope, still there.

Yo dawg, I heard you like Barrage so I gave you a Barrage so you can Barrage while you Barrage.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
holy crap awakened added chaos/fire/cold/lit give +1 respective tag levels

holy fuckin shitsnacks awakened curse on hit

and just what even is spell cascade

edit: awakened added fire srs, added chaos hoag

edit2: for my dimwitted rear end: awakened cold/lit + ele hit is v good now right

Grimoire fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Dec 12, 2019

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Grimoire posted:

holy crap awakened added chaos/fire/cold/lit give +1 respective tag levels

holy fuckin shitsnacks awakened curse on hit

and just what even is spell cascade

edit: awakened added fire srs, added chaos hoag

edit2: for my dimwitted rear end: awakened cold/lit + ele hit is v good now right

Elemental hit ate a pretty big damage nerf so you'll need the +lvls just to get back to where it was before.

Edit: Barrage is not good, but with Awakened GMP + Barrage on Explosive Arrows, I wonder if you can poo poo out enough arrows that the 3% more damage per arrow just overcomes all the negatives. Will be interesting to figure out the math for it.

Benson Cunningham fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Dec 12, 2019

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Wait I read that toxic rain mines are super strong is that correct or would it just be better to go TR trickster?

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

AggressivelyStupid posted:

this is going to be very very expensive and also why mines over like.. toxic rain trickster

True. Dying Sun is by no means necessary, it's just a nice damage boost. Same with Kaom's Heart for defense -- a good rare will do, I just went for the giant pile of life because I don't need any other skills.

As far as why not Trickster, I have no idea :V

I decided to try this out in Standard for the last hour. Clearing T16s is fine, but bosses are a bit slow. I have very subpar gear (only a +1 bow) and my gems aren't fully levelled, so I think it should be decent enough when properly equipped.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 12, 2019

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

Benson Cunningham posted:

Barrage is tough to rationalize without a bunch of additional projectiles. Was really hoping it would be a little better.

Same. Was considering going deadeye ice shot and swap in barrage/gmp so it actually can single target, but I get the feeling I'll be going blast rain instead (also deadeye). Extra proj and area from deadeye will be hugely beneficial on reworked BR.

Edit: VVV Your tree is on the napkin too right?

rawk cawk fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Dec 12, 2019

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Got my Deaths Oath build all figured out. I'm going ED/Contagion Occultist, and when I burn out I'll convert all my money into a Respec for walking simulator. I wrote my grand plan down on this napkin that will live forever on my computer desk.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm thinking of playing a golemancer, anyone played one recently and have a build for one?

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

True. Dying Sun is by no means necessary, it's just a nice damage boost. Same with Kaom's Heart for defense -- a good rare will do, I just went for the giant pile of life because I don't need any other skills.

As far as why not Trickster, I have no idea :V

I decided to try this out in Standard for the last hour. Clearing T16s is fine, but bosses are a bit slow. I have very subpar gear (only a +1 bow) and my gems aren't fully levelled, so I think it should be decent enough when properly equipped.

Sorry for quoting myself, but here's a trip report: I beat Shaper pretty easily. I phased him extremely quickly the first time, but it was a little slower when I couldn't stack up a full salvo of mines. I died once because I didn't know how Smoke Mine works :haw:

I also got the typical pre-league standard luck -- I did literally 3 maps and got the Glacial Hideout and a Kaom's Heart dropped.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Let me just poo poo out some math on Iron Commander. Old Siege Ballista was 170% damage and 50% attack speed. New Siege Ballista is 145% damage, 50% attack speed, +2 ballistas.
If you had 10 ballistas with Iron Commander before this patch it was 10*1.7*0.5=8.5
Same build ignoring the new passives, you get 12*1.45*0.5=8.7

Still good!

Seige ballista WITHOUT Iron Commander though, that got a huge buff by comparison. IIRC I was getting similar numbers last time I fiddled with builds if I used Storm Cloud with a Heirophant... that's gonna be a lot better now.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If someone wants a end-game bow after this patch, are they going to want to go for a weaker multi-mod bow, fossil crafted rare, or some unique now?

What is the endgame for archers who rely on their bow damage and what do they use when they are first starting.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I like how there are exactly zero Awakened gems for minions :v:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Zotix posted:

I'm thinking of playing a golemancer, anyone played one recently and have a build for one?

This was the Golementalist I ran back in Legion. You'll want to grab the Golem Commander wheel and you won't be able to get the Maim chest; I also should've grabbed the jewel socket by CI instead of the one by MI because that would've given me more mana for MoM. Pretty much the only problem I had in the game was Minotaur, because pure phys AoE (and for Legions they had a bit of an ADHD problem, but with this being Boss Killing league that should be less of a problem).

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 12, 2019

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

theshim posted:

I like how there are exactly zero Awakened gems for minions :v:

Awakened minion damage, awakened brutality, awakened melee physical damage.

Um punishment for a minion army looks kinda loving beast. Cursed enemies grant 35% more physical damage on hit, 24% attack speed on hit, and have -20% physical damage reduction.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 12, 2019

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The only thing the new Punishment gives over the old one is the -%phys dmg reduction mod, which still has a floor of zero. Not as great as it seems.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
It is that time of year again, to ask the question we all should be asking: Can I be unpurged from guild please? thanks

@mannersplease

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Can I please get an invite for PerfectPulseExperience to the main guild, if it's not full? Thanks

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
And melee splash for srs.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Is path of building updated yet?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Official? Dunno
Fork? Not for the gems, probably not until we get full level 1-20 stats. Does have the new tree though.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Right, I have no idea how I missed Minion Damage being in there, durr.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I got a question about minion count in pob, is there a way to put it like I have all my guys summoned? Using a femurs of the saints and when I enable/disable zombies and spectres it doesnt change the damage of the skeletons.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

I got a question about minion count in pob, is there a way to put it like I have all my guys summoned? Using a femurs of the saints and when I enable/disable zombies and spectres it doesnt change the damage of the skeletons.

Femurs of the Saints doesn't do that any more (and idk about the fork but stock PoB doesn't understand its "something per minion" mods)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Fork doesn't appear to either.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Qwertycoatl posted:

Femurs of the Saints doesn't do that any more (and idk about the fork but stock PoB doesn't understand its "something per minion" mods)

Ah, I added it before I upgraded into the fork.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I guess it's time I ask for a guild invite to be floated to ShockTheGoat so I can play this game for another week or so, see if the Atlas changes make the endgame feel better to me.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
What's Arrow Nova support work well with? It seems cool but I can't figure out anything it'd be good on.
Although now that I think about it it's not like GMP hits more than once per shot either, so it's really about the same except maybe more awkward to hit bosses with.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Dec 12, 2019

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

What's Arrow Nova support work well with? It seems cool but I can't figure out anything it'd be good on.
Although now that I think about it it's not like GMP hits more than once per shot either, so it's really about the same except maybe more awkward to hit bosses with.

It works really well with the vendor, where you sell it and get a wisdom scrap.

No really it's pretty bad outside of trying to increase coverage on a skill like Caustic Arrow that has puddles. It's a far more awkward GMP that adds a huge delay to every attack.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm leaning towards doing skeletons/zoo necro until I learn what the new special influence mods are or get my hands on something that will enable a crazy build.

What are some good options for builds with crazy life-on-hit or ES-on-hit capabilities besides a herald of agony enabler?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Been messing around with some skelly setup that shits out like 8 figures of damage but there's one big downside

Delving

Mapping

Bossing

I'm not sure if bossing is super viable on a build where you can't even see the bosses

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

And the problem is...?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm not seeing the problem here.

I'm also not able to see anything else at all.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What are some good options for builds with crazy life-on-hit or ES-on-hit capabilities besides a herald of agony enabler?

Cyclone-Cast While Channeling-Desecrate-Spirit Offering

Just tack it on to any minion build and go to town, it's a massive amount of ES recovery with almost no effort. Combine it with a life on hit claw as your weapon if you want, or really do whatever.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Been messing around with some skelly setup that shits out like 8 figures of damage but there's one big downside

Delving

Mapping

Bossing

I'm not sure if bossing is super viable on a build where you can't even see the bosses

It would reduce your DPS a bit, but you should see if you can fit in fork and chain, they'd massively improve your build

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

Papercut posted:

Cold dot Occultist is super tanky and strong against bosses so it's probably just a safe choice

Is occultist better against bosses than trickster? Played a lot of ES witches in blight and want to hang out on a different part of the passive tree for once.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm leaning towards doing skeletons/zoo necro until I learn what the new special influence mods are or get my hands on something that will enable a crazy build.

If having a lot of life sustain matters to you, it's pretty easy to path into leech nodes on most builds. Some ascendancies also have regen or leech nodes. Plus, you can always put a LGoH or leech gem into your gem setup. Finally, there's warlord/poacher's mark to consider.

Claw attack builds offer a bunch of life gain on hit and leech. Soulrend has ES leech built in. Siphoning trap has regen built in.

And there's of course a ton of items that give LGoH and/or leech.

What I'm trying to say is, you can get a lot of life/ES sustain on just about any build if you're willing to trade damage and/or invest into equipment for it.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Dec 12, 2019

Bemused Observer
Sep 21, 2019

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Could you link some details on that build? I love plaing Path of Touhou!

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Larry Parrish posted:

I think I'm gonna take advantage of the new Shocking Strikes cluster and make an arc elementalist. Self cast, or maybe totems since I haven't done them in a while, eventually converted into CoC Arc. It'd be funny to see how LW interacts with that.

Careful dude, it only increases lightning damage for attack skills. Arc looks really strong though.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I feel the itch again, new league in a few days sounds nice.

Im definitly going SSF this time aorund, whats a braindead starter that can do endgame nowadays that isnt ED again?
I hear toxic rain is gud, can i ssf that reasonably well or is it reliant on stuff i need trade for?

Toxic Rain should be good for SSF, that's my plan so far. Toxic Rain and Caustic Arrow got buffed too, even if Mirage Archer took a nerf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I’m going lightning arrow and probably regretting it. Deadeye.