Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Awesome! posted:

all "lol star citizen" aside, thats a nice post and i wish more gamers were like that.

there's some nice people in the star citizen community, but they're still trying to sell people on a scam, so....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

theres nothing to fall for

you can play the game right now and there are a lot of videos of it

it is a turd. It is very bad

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I somehow learned something new today. I had never heard about Sandi breaking into Chris' house and getting a restraining order from his then-wife

I... kinda can't believe that doesn't get mentioned more because Jesus christ these people are certifiable

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

precision posted:

I somehow learned something new today. I had never heard about Sandi breaking into Chris' house and getting a restraining order from his then-wife

I... kinda can't believe that doesn't get mentioned more because Jesus christ these people are certifiable

Yeah Sandi is a real piece of work. Bootcha's video on Sandi didn't go into anything that wasn't publicly available, including the strangling incident, and she STILL comes off as a horrible person.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

precision posted:

When I first got into following this thread it became obvious that Star Citizen is sort of like touring a motorboat around a giant shitberg. You think "That's all of it!" and then rotate around a little more and there's even more poo poo, and then more poo poo, and how the gently caress does this poo poo keep going??

And nothing ever changes either - goons don't learn anything, citizens don't learn anything, poo poo keeps churning out and being called a game.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
I missed this burn

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-12-02-star-citizen-has-now-raised-over-usd250m-in-crowdfunding

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah Sandi is a real piece of work. Bootcha's video on Sandi didn't go into anything that wasn't publicly available, including the strangling incident, and she STILL comes off as a horrible person.

Id love to see a the rumours that did not that make the veido .... I mean how much worse could it possibly be ????

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The Forbes article was published back in May though, so I'm assuming that stuff is a matter of public record, especially the restraining order. I'm guessing Bootcha understandably didn't want to get too far off topic though

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Beexoffel posted:

The most fun time was watching CitCon 2017 with goons and Uncle Derek, particularly the bit after here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCbvu-uF4o&t=2899s
and of course, The Ramp!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCbvu-uF4o&t=5756s

Oh my God, I forgot I was in this chat.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

I am new here and wanted to say hi, introduce myself. I have played many MMOs, fantasy, sci-fi and you name it...most of the well known. Have done the raiding, the group coordination, time table standoffs in real life and much of the typical MMO crowd shenanigans. I'm older, around 40+ish and have more of a refined taste for my gaming. As I understand Star Citizen has been around some time as I also understand there are those who have stuck around since the beginning. with that said, I want to thank everyone who supports this remarkable game, especially the ones who continue playing since alpha has been opened.

I have also done some of my own digging (typical nosy 40yr old), and see alot of the impatient "scam" or forever alpha comments. To those who doubt, take a really good look at the design.....the complexity & potential for everything this particular MMO has will end all others no question. Someone took the time to express their love of not just human potential but love of space & the unknown. If this is a scam, they expressed alot of love and creativity to con us. So let them, as the concepts they have with game play make it clear that this game will be the one that ends all others over time. I say give them all the time they need till they feel comfortable with release. Your right, I'm new and its easy for me to say this as I haven't been here from the start.

I've read many posts here and there about changes they don't agree too. Keep in mind this is a game, indeed, still in alpha. That means they might put a temporary change on many things while creating permanent ones to only be seen at release or further down the road. Today's gaming environment is much more complex & vast than it was yesterday. balancing the combat systems is really tricky, though most MMOs only do one and can't get it right. I'm excited but can also see how the startup around the 2011 mark would discourage others. Someone took this game project passion very seriously and it shows. Time will tell....

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

MedicineHut posted:

I am new here and wanted to say hi, introduce myself. I have played many MMOs, fantasy, sci-fi and you name it...most of the well known. Have done the raiding, the group coordination, time table standoffs in real life and much of the typical MMO crowd shenanigans. I'm older, around 40+ish and have more of a refined taste for my gaming. As I understand Star Citizen has been around some time as I also understand there are those who have stuck around since the beginning. with that said, I want to thank everyone who supports this remarkable game, especially the ones who continue playing since alpha has been opened.

I have also done some of my own digging (typical nosy 40yr old), and see alot of the impatient "scam" or forever alpha comments. To those who doubt, take a really good look at the design.....the complexity & potential for everything this particular MMO has will end all others no question. Someone took the time to express their love of not just human potential but love of space & the unknown. If this is a scam, they expressed alot of love and creativity to con us. So let them, as the concepts they have with game play make it clear that this game will be the one that ends all others over time. I say give them all the time they need till they feel comfortable with release. Your right, I'm new and its easy for me to say this as I haven't been here from the start.

I've read many posts here and there about changes they don't agree too. Keep in mind this is a game, indeed, still in alpha. That means they might put a temporary change on many things while creating permanent ones to only be seen at release or further down the road. Today's gaming environment is much more complex & vast than it was yesterday. balancing the combat systems is really tricky, though most MMOs only do one and can't get it right. I'm excited but can also see how the startup around the 2011 mark would discourage others. Someone took this game project passion very seriously and it shows. Time will tell....

:same:

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
What did adzada like so much about the old system? Hadn't it always been lovely no-clipping?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

My favorite SC moment was when Uncle Smart was trying to dox a Vietnam vet on twitter by contacting his buddies in the DoD. At the same time the goon pretending to be a Vietnam vet to troll SC fans on twitter was posting here about how he was trolling Derek instead, but Smart had him on ignore so he didn't see it.

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Dec 12, 2019

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Sandweed posted:

My favorite SC moment was when Uncle Smart was trying to dox a Vietnam vet on twitter by contacting his buddies in the DoD. At the same time the goon pretending to be a Vietnam vet to troll SC fans on twitter was posting here about how he was trolling Derek instead, but Smart had him on ignore so he didn't see it.

Lenoyd Skinnley? Something like that - but more to it , was not the war goon fake war vet supporting Sandi for tweeting about taking weapons classes? So Derek was tying to support Sandi so as to gain cred to trash her with?

Also, anyone trying to catch up with the thread if you have fell behind, the Warlord method is to read four* pages of where you where up to then the most recent four* pages then go back to where you got up to and read four* more then repeat.

Is that close to what he did?

* back in the days when this was a fresh comedy gold mine and Chris could produce new and fresh gently caress ups daily.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.gofundme.com/f/civil-suit-against-star-citizen

Please pledge, friends.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

What jpegs are you offering?

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

quote:

A Near Death Experience (NDE) caused me to spend over $31,000 on Star Citizen!

Clickbaiting aside … There’s been so many posts lately about the crowdfunding approach CIG is taking with SQ42/SC, both negative and positive. I think many people following this project … the true believers, the casual player, the mildly interested from afar, the gamers who think this level of crowdfunding is for the unintelligent, even to those who think this whole thing is a sham … might want a more well rounded perspective on all the different people who are making SQ42/SC possible and their motivations. Plus, writing things like this is therapeutic for managing the PTSD I suffer with after the accident.

Trust me … it’s not about pixel ships for everyone. Here’s my story.

My Backstory

I’ve been to CitizenCon so I know the people who are enthusiastic about our game and its development are truly diverse, young and old. Here’s a bit about me.

I’m a 45 year old male living in the heartland of the United States. I’m a multiple Emmy award winning Director and Cinematographer. I’ve worked on several feature films and episodic television, music videos, etc. But my core work (and income) comes from working in the advertising industry. My work has taken me all over the world, shooting in Iceland, Faeroe Islands, Thailand, New Zealand, etc etc. I own my own business and its the only job I’ve ever had (started when I was 21 years old). I absolutely love what I do.

I’m married with one daughter who’s 23 years old.
I make a very comfortable living. I can say money isn’t a stress point for us. That being said, I don’t have a private jet, houses all over the world, or a stable of Lamborghini’s.

I’ve been a gamer since I was 5 years old and gaming is my most passionate hobbies among many. My father owned a successful mainframe software business developing big data software for Fortune 500 companies. So, I’ve also been around software development pretty much my entire life.

The Accident that Brought Us Here

I was shooting a television/web campaign for a large national bank in remote Idaho (North America). We were capturing footage of adventurous people enjoying the outdoors. We were on day 2 of 10 and shooting on the Snake River which is fed from the Teton mountains and managed by reservoirs.
I wanted to capture a fly-fisherman on the Snake River by a waterfall. I had scouted the location a month prior and the producer and I both made notes where we would shoot from and where we could enter and exit the river bank.

Unfortunately, reservoirs had been raised just days before our shoot day and now on location the topology of the river had changed drastically. The bank from which we were to shoot was now under water and access to the river was limited. We noticed a small patch of land in the middle of the river that might work for a place to shoot our shots.
We had already traveled quite far to get our shots so we started forming a Plan B. We had a 5 man boat with us … kind of a canoe/flatbottom boat hybrid. One of the grips on set and the actor were outdoorsmen and they took the lead.

We scouted up river looking for a place to launch the boat. Visibility was limited due to trees and our cliff-side road. Eventually we spotted a nice 50-70 meter patch of calm water roughly 500 meters upstream from our shooting point.

So its myself, a British photographer, the grip, and the actor making the boat trip. We get ready and I had a heightened sense of anxiety. My camera kit is no joke. (RED Epic, Cooke Anamorphic 35mm lens, all kitted out … roughly 38 pounds). I’m getting a slew of instruction and direction about the boat ride that I barely acknowledge when my AC comes up to me just as we’re getting into the boat.

“I’m going to tie the camera to your life vest with paracord. If you lose grip that should keep it from going overboard.” he says.

https://imgur.com/0TJoCMr
(Moments before we jump in the boat. Me on left. The photographer, Simon, on right)

Myself and the photographer are told to stay in the middle, keep as low a center of gravity as possible, and make no sudden movements. The guys on the ends of the boat will do all the paddling and steering.
I take my spot 3rd from the front with the photographer in front of me and the grip at the bow. Sitting on my calves, camera on my shoulder and off we push.

As we hit the water there’s a rocking back and forth as everyone is getting their balance then its smooth sailing.

About 50 meters in we make a right turn onto a section of river we couldn’t see from the cliff-side road … poo poo … Rapids.

Something I’ll never forget until I die is the slow turn and look on the grips face as he looked back at us. “It’s going to be fine. STAY LOW and paddle like a motherfucker!”

As we hit the swift water we take on quite a bit of water into the boat. My initial reaction was shock at how cold the water feels .. It is snow melt after all. We take on enough water to cover my thighs.
We make it through the rough patch but we’re in bad shape. The guys are still paddling with insane urgency and we’re headed to the patch of land we need to shoot from. Only thing between us and the land is very swift current we need to cross perpendicularly.

As soon as we hit this current the boat rocks one direction then the next taking on waves of water then disappears below me into darkness. I have a vivid memory of the photographers head going underwater and his hat coming off his head.
My first instinct is to swim to our spot and save the camera. I have it raised above my head and my feet aren’t touching. To make matters worse I’m submerged in ice cold water and my body is uncontrollably gasping. I can feel myself breathing water and coughing it back up.

Now, you hear stories about how time slows down in moments like this and let me tell you something … It's 100% true. The realization of what was happening came zooming at me like I was shot out of a cannon. I start to look around for something to grab … Nothing around and the 3 others on the boat with me had made their way to clutch precariously to the cliff face … holding onto roots and roughage.

There’s not many times … if ever … in your adult life you scream out for help. Real, high-pitched, screams. I’m a firm believer that once you’ve had to do this something changes chemically in your brain that alters it forever. So, here I am, camera over my head, trying to jump and bob off the bottom of the river screaming for my life. It’s not a good look.

“Drop the loving camera!!” I hear the voices say. “Drop it!”

No camera is worth this risk I remember thinking and I drop it. Then the conversation I breezed over with my AC came rushing back with vivid clarity as the camera now becomes a human anchor. Clutching frantically at the knot, then buckle of my vest all the while gasping for air. My bobs above surface further and further apart.

Now time REALLY slows down. I start to realize the chances of survival are diminishing. I come to almost embrace it. Asking myself questions like ‘Who will take care of my wife and daughter? Surely my dad will step in and help. Hrm, did I ever really show my wife where my insurance policy was? She’s going to have an awful time with my production insurance as well…’

Then the visuals … Projected in the water, random scenes from my life. Oh, this is the whole ‘life flashing before my eyes’, I thought. Really random, seemingly non-connected memories projected into that cold abyss.

Then … *THONK* Something strikes my shoulder. The boat. What happened next is a bit of a blur but the actor had made his way out into the water and pushed the boat far out enough for me to grab onto. Someone snaps me up by my hoodie and reality comes rushing back. All four of us are huddled on a cliff face … still in the water.

“AM I DEAD? I DIDN’T MAKE IT” I’m yelling into the photographers face. He’s telling me I’m fine but I’m shivering, gasping, coughing and all he can do is hold me … I’ll never ever forget it “You’re fine, You’re fine … we made it”

After a vigorous climb we make it back to our base camp where producers, clients and other crews eyes are as big as saucers. “We saw the boat go by 15 mins ago!!”

Then it happens .. the adrenaline dump. I’m screaming at everyone. I totally red-misted. My producer snatches me up and says “HEY HEY let's go for a walk bud … “.

I’m man enough to tell you that I cried like I’ve never cried in my life. Like, soul cleansing uncontrollable weeping. I’ll never forget it.

Okay great - What does this have to do with Star Citizen?

Anyone who’s had a Near Death Experience (NDE) experiences something different. For me it was a vivid realization of my mortality. It was all consuming. Then it became OCD with time management. I was having a hard time dealing with the fact that every day is another day I march toward the end.

Then it morphed into obsession with all the things I won't be able to experience in my lifetime. Almost depressingly neurotic. My father was an astronomy enthusiast and I spent many nights as a child looking at the stars, pouring over star charts, watching Cosmos, etc.

I was flip-flopping between being infuriated and depressed that I won't live long enough to experience true space travel.

Then, a friend mentions something called Star Citizen to me. I latch on like no tomorrow. I read every article, watch every video, start watching streams. This is what I need.

Citizens … I’m all in guys. I have to see this project through. It’s as close as I’m going to get. Star Citizen is my therapy.

My career keeps me very busy but when I have free time, I’m in the stars. I’m in a really buttoned-up Org (Shout out Synchronizers!) of like minded (kinda!) enthusiasts. It might be the closest thing I’ll experience to space travel.

For me and my sanity … it’s the best money I ever spent.

https://imgur.com/GW7Fxvx

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
That's rather sad.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

iron buns posted:

Citizen babble

So, guy who has money, quals, great job, family history of being bigshots, gets ptsd from doing something dumb, latches onto SC after and immediately gains the 'brag/showoff' quality.

I want to feel for the guy, but I just don't. What does any of that work stuff have to do with chucking money at a game? Justification for amount spent?

"I'm great, I'm the best, got PTSD, threw money in a fire, you should too" is all I read there.

I'm probably an rear end in a top hat for it, but I lol @ that guy.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sabreseven posted:

So, guy who has money, quals, great job, family history of being bigshots, gets ptsd from doing something dumb, latches onto SC after and immediately gains the 'brag/showoff' quality.

I want to feel for the guy, but I just don't. What does any of that work stuff have to do with chucking money at a game? Justification for amount spent?

"I'm great, I'm the best, got PTSD, threw money in a fire, you should too" is all I read there.

I'm probably an rear end in a top hat for it, but I lol @ that guy.

Tbh, the only thing I see there is "I tell a sad story so that I justify spending shitload of money on jpegs" - no matter how real the sad story that is, it's completely irrelevant to buying jpegs. Go spend some time with your close ones if you are aware of your mortality, that's what matters, not giving Roberts another hundred for a line of cocaine MLM pills.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

Nah, there is no logical explanation in that 'confession' why he spent 31k on a space game after nearly dying, it's just his rationalization, he tries to tie his spending to something more deeper and meaningful. He was just used like other whales who dream of living second life in space, because they're frustrated with their own lives.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Dec 12, 2019

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Dwesa posted:

Nah, there is no logical explanation in that 'confession' why he spent 31k on a space game after nearly dying, it's just his rationalization, he tries to tie his spending to something more deeper and meaningful. He was just used like other whales who dream of living second life in space, because they're frustrated with their own lives.

No sure why you guys spend time trying to understand it. It is just a fake post.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

MedicineHut posted:

No sure why you guys spend time trying to understand it. It is just a fake post.
Slacking off at work

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Dwesa posted:

Slacking off at work

Holiday season shenanighans :)

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

MedicineHut posted:

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MedicineHut posted:

(snip)
I say give them all the time they need till they feel comfortable with release.
(snip)

I think nobody is against giving them as much time as they want. Heck, even let the whales give them money, I don't care about those lost cases. Let's just leave the others out of it, let's stop producing fake videos and demos to try for new people to buy in because of fakery; that's really the only real thing grinding my gear, stories about people trying to refund hundreds of bucks and barely missing the 30 day refund window, because all Whale Citizens were sweet-talking them.

(Personal opinion: CRoberts could get twenty years and two billion USD and there would still be no game, the less "good" game.)

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

If this is where season 3 of The OA was going to go, I'm glad it got cancelled.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

FTR faps to every bullet point in the patch notes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPzIdaABBjc

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Spiderdrake posted:

When I first got into following this thread it became obvious that Star Citizen is sort of like touring a motorboat around a giant shitberg. You think "That's all of it!" and then rotate around a little more and there's even more poo poo, and then more poo poo, and how the gently caress does this poo poo keep going??

And nothing ever changes either - goons don't learn anything, citizens don't learn anything, poo poo keeps churning out and being called a game.

Hence the saying "there is always more and it is always worse".

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Elite Dangerous: Your inconvenience is my immersion

Star Citizen: Your incompetence is my diversion

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Going off on a tangent but, I knew I'd experienced Star Citizens inter-system jump minigame before, during the mid 90's of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxBYS_ahDG0&t=579s

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Sabreseven posted:

Going off on a tangent but, I knew I'd experienced Star Citizens inter-system jump minigame before, during the mid 90's of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxBYS_ahDG0&t=579s

Bloody hell, that really is "Colonoscopy - The Game".

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Jonny Shiloh posted:

The "Have a nice day" speech when entering and leaving ports always used to crack me up, soooooo out of place. :D

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jonny Shiloh posted:

Those were the days.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:reddit: Do we have any planet in the lore with some sort of paranormal activity, energy creatures (g-g-ghosts)?

Death Stranding made me think, it would be cool if one future planet in SC will be full of weird paranormal poo poo and just creepy af environment.

Also this would be the perfect place for future Halloween event missions.

Ideas?

:reddit: Bug removed the rental timer from my 890 Jump, asking about the bug in chat removed me from the server and the ship from my inventory.

Preface this with I am by no means a hardcore SC player, I'm super excited for this game and I follow the development craving every new update but I'm not playing all the time running missions and buying in game ships. I'm a starter player with an Aurora that I've had for a few months now and even at the bottom I love every minute I do spend playing this game.

As I'm sure it was for a lot of other people the ship expo was super cool and I loved being able to rent all the ships and fly around, even though I was 100% one of those people you might have saw trying to fly in a Reclaimer in Vtol mode because I had no idea what I was doing. Imagine my surprise then when I came back today, after not playing since Origin's time on the showfloor, and I went to hop in my Aurora to fly around in low altitude for a couple minutes and lo and behold the 890 Jump was still in my list with no timer. Naturally I just assumed it was another bug and expected to retrieve it to no avail however I was able to spawn it in a hangar and it was completely operational. I was curious if it was a common bug so I started asking in chat just wanting to see if anyone else experienced this or if it was just a gift from Chris Roberts himself and if so Roberts be praised. I explained the full situation in chat and was just getting ready to take off and explore the solar system in my new yacht when I was suddenly disconnected from the server, I immediately knew what happened. Thankfully I was able to just get right back into the game however once I reached the ship terminal I could see the Jump but I was no longer able to claim it, what a tease.

To be clear I was in no way trying to exploit anything, I fully expected to lose the ship at some point whether it be the moment I clicked retrieve or, if I was lucky, with the wipe incoming. I'm also not salty or anything in the slightest, bugs happen and regardless of how beneficial they might be I know they need to be fixed and so I completely support the removal of the ship. And to be honest while the 890J is an absolutely gorgeous ship and the art and design team responsible should have their praises sung it's not a super useful ship for me at this point in time and I'm really more affected by the loss of the Aegis Avenger from free fly.

If you are the dev who kicked me and removed Jump honestly I would like to thank you, if I had had it for any amount of time we might have had a Gollum situation on our hands because that ship really is precious.

TL;DR Spoke in chat about an 890 Jump gifted via bug. Big brother was watching...

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Quavers posted:

:reddit: Bug removed the rental timer from my 890 Jump, asking about the bug in chat removed me from the server and the ship from my inventory.

Preface this with I am by no means a hardcore SC player, I'm super excited for this game and I follow the development craving every new update but I'm not playing all the time running missions and buying in game ships. I'm a starter player with an Aurora that I've had for a few months now and even at the bottom I love every minute I do spend playing this game.

As I'm sure it was for a lot of other people the ship expo was super cool and I loved being able to rent all the ships and fly around, even though I was 100% one of those people you might have saw trying to fly in a Reclaimer in Vtol mode because I had no idea what I was doing. Imagine my surprise then when I came back today, after not playing since Origin's time on the showfloor, and I went to hop in my Aurora to fly around in low altitude for a couple minutes and lo and behold the 890 Jump was still in my list with no timer. Naturally I just assumed it was another bug and expected to retrieve it to no avail however I was able to spawn it in a hangar and it was completely operational. I was curious if it was a common bug so I started asking in chat just wanting to see if anyone else experienced this or if it was just a gift from Chris Roberts himself and if so Roberts be praised. I explained the full situation in chat and was just getting ready to take off and explore the solar system in my new yacht when I was suddenly disconnected from the server, I immediately knew what happened. Thankfully I was able to just get right back into the game however once I reached the ship terminal I could see the Jump but I was no longer able to claim it, what a tease.

To be clear I was in no way trying to exploit anything, I fully expected to lose the ship at some point whether it be the moment I clicked retrieve or, if I was lucky, with the wipe incoming. I'm also not salty or anything in the slightest, bugs happen and regardless of how beneficial they might be I know they need to be fixed and so I completely support the removal of the ship. And to be honest while the 890J is an absolutely gorgeous ship and the art and design team responsible should have their praises sung it's not a super useful ship for me at this point in time and I'm really more affected by the loss of the Aegis Avenger from free fly.

If you are the dev who kicked me and removed Jump honestly I would like to thank you, if I had had it for any amount of time we might have had a Gollum situation on our hands because that ship really is precious.

TL;DR Spoke in chat about an 890 Jump gifted via bug. Big brother was watching...

would be interesting if it was real, but alas it's star citizen we're talking about and nothing can ever be interesting in this not a game. just another of its many bugs

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Dwesa posted:

That's rather sad.

Just imagine what it's gonna be like for him once the project dies. Hoo boy.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:toot:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17379-Crusader-Ares

$220 store credit, $195 new cash :shepspends:

:trustme: Spark fear in the corridors of the most formidable gunships and frigates with the Ares Ion. This laser-equipped variant delivers extremely powerful shots to quickly disable the shields of even the biggest enemy vessels.

:trustme: Whether heading up a crew or hunting big ships solo, the Ares Inferno is a force to be reckoned with. This ballistic Gatling-equipped variant tears through gunship armor and turns smaller fighters to dust in seconds.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Sounds like it punches above its weight class. How can you NOT buy it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Inacio posted:

would be interesting if it was real, but alas it's star citizen we're talking about and nothing can ever be interesting in this not a game. just another of its many bugs

slickdeals.net

Although to their credit they don't notify the company of the "pricing/pledging" mistake.