Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smash
Dec 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
can cspam plz stop RAIDING the greatest sagas thread? tyvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Smash posted:

can cspam plz stop RAIDING the greatest sagas thread? tyvm

no u

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lastgirl posted:

do you have any graphite tipped rods by any chance? :crossarms:

Cyka

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Arivia posted:

i don't know where you came from but you're a funny and good poster amidst all this mess

:tipshat: im a forum id 1 relic and i usually appear if someone mentions skullmund so here i am

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

honestly didn't expect to see a "russians did it" conspiracy theory about transphobia but it's 2019 i guess

The Russian government does do quite a lot of transphobia though.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tashilicious posted:

4.6 postperday. Not great, not terrible.

:ussr:

Antivehicular posted:

It feels like D&D/C-SPAM reasserting their dominance in the wake of a forums kerfuffle not about them for a change

just another russian psyops in the works *dramatic sting*

i am pretty much sick of the constant qcs threads and dominos-like effect of all the continuous drama though so please don't be mad :ohdear: The recent drama was actually a legitimate issue instead of insipid petty rivalry, while unfortunate, I am just glad there is a community that stands up to bigotry and pushed back to grow the gently caress up for once.

D&D/C-SPAM are always going to be complicated rivals but we've established boundaries and smoothed things over roughly so there isn't any assertion afaik and its since cooled off for the most part, sorry if you feel that way. It's just a high traffic (thats a lot of posters allover so thats probably your perception), high volume poop forum with news coming at live time, and its only going to spin up more since elections are around the corner and currently everyone's watching BREXIT and UK General election so there's always something going on there. :shrug:

Sorry, I came here through a cross post from C-SPAM and saw some comrades in here and saw some funny posts so I wanted to make some funnies, please don't be mad. I wish to not subjugate but to liberate from the shackles of capitalism and consumerism :( I have direct orders from Moscow. :ussr:

Ратататататата, (yeah) Pататата (I like it!) :dare:

Lastgirl has a new favorite as of 10:10 on Dec 12, 2019

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
There's an entire thread that more people evidently need to visit, about how bullshit the "Russian interference" concept is (social media and other) along with most things on cable news since 2016. Besides mocking the impeachment, it's been over how absolutely misplaced the Russia fears always were -- as well as how much catastrophic damage resulted. Besides causing stupid posts like the above, there's also the racist incidents (that even reached the Bernie campaign). The nationalism. The increased trust in the CIA (leading world exporter of torture). The total media distraction from the economy, and from everything, while the moderates pretend to do an impeachment on TV. It's so brain numbing and I can't believe there's still Russia scare adherents even on this forum but amazingly a lot of people still aren't in the loop, especially in D&D.

Happy Thread has a new favorite as of 10:13 on Dec 12, 2019

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I'm a rushin' bot

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Jerry Cotton posted:

The Russian government does do quite a lot of transphobia though.

so do taxi drivers it doesn't mean they're pulling the forum's strings

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm a taxi driver plant

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Roth posted:

I'm a taxi driver plant

travis bucumber vine

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

so do taxi drivers it doesn't mean they're pulling the forum's strings

hold on...

taxi drivers are behind this conspiracy?

well they must have a lot of time as their labor gets displaced by rideshares so its not entirely implausible...

I will have to look at NTWA finances for any discrepancies such as diverting funds towards registered accounts and ads to SA LLC. I'm gonna need a bigger corkboard and lots of strings with thumbtacks...

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastgirl posted:

hold on...

taxi drivers are behind this conspiracy?

well they must have a lot of time as their labor gets displaced by rideshares so its not entirely implausible...

I will have to look at NTWA finances for any discrepancies such as diverting funds towards registered accounts and ads to SA LLC. I'm gonna need a bigger corkboard and lots of strings with thumbtacks...

you have my thumbs to push in the thumbtacks with. I will give my lowest amount of negligible effort for a moment to this noble cause.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I'll just crosspost myself in the hopes that it allays at least one poster's paranoia that Russia is controlling everything all the way down to something awful dot com.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

It's amazing that people can conclude that Russia is the biggest threat to the social media landscape, compared to any of the enormous far more rich and powerful organizations that the Russia fearmongering is coming from:

- The US intelligence community, accountable to no one but billionaires, world's biggest exporter of torture
- MSNBC / CNN, economically massive orgs that are completely captive to billionaire owners
- The DNC and the disgraced (but still intact) HRC political supermachine, still coasting off its own institutional momentum and the job security desires of its leaders....and also completely captive to the billionaire donor class

And yet people still come out of the woodwork thinking that podunk rear end Russia, which even 2016 Obama admitted was too small economically to do anything anymore, is the bigger threat to a social media website compared to all the billionaires combined.

And lest we forget the motivation for all this paranoia and nonstop media panic, Hillary's own campaign decided to tell us! They released the tell-all "Shattered" about the days after losing the election, and straight up admitted that the game plan they converged upon -- while still standing among the same discarded take-out boxes from their election day meeting, as they wrote -- would be to smear Russia to challenge the election, long before anyone put any resources into investigating it. The campaign would use their intel community contacts and media contacts to do so, who were more than happy to oblige since the same billionaires that own all three organizations benefit from the distraction (and ensuing nationalistic shift). That's where all this stupidity and racism actually originated and besides the entire CNN audience we now have forums posters echoing it at odd times.

The reality is that out of all the countries that wanted to push a preferred candidate in the U.S., Russia is probably the one that lacked the resources to keep that desire on the downlow. Everyone else just got away with it. Saudi Arabia, Israel, who else. We needed a scapegoat so we picked the weakest one, to plenty of racist and nationalistic effect. And that's how we get two entire channels plus Colbert broadcasting the same "prediction" as news every single day -- the walls are closing in. We've almost got him. Pay no attention to the economy around you.

Smash
Dec 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I thought all the taxi driver's work for uber and lyft now. God drat gig economy ruining our forums.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I just want to say Russian Conspiracy Guy gave me the first straight up laugh I've had since Monday night and I love him.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Lastgirl posted:

i am pretty much sick of the constant qcs threads and dominos-like effect of all the continuous drama though so please don't be mad :ohdear: The recent drama was actually a legitimate issue instead of insipid petty rivalry, while unfortunate, I am just glad there is a community that stands up to bigotry and pushed back to grow the gently caress up for once.

D&D/C-SPAM are always going to be complicated rivals but we've established boundaries and smoothed things over roughly so there isn't any assertion afaik and its since cooled off for the most part, sorry if you feel that way. It's just a high traffic (thats a lot of posters allover so thats probably your perception), high volume poop forum with news coming at live time, and its only going to spin up more since elections are around the corner and currently everyone's watching BREXIT and UK General election so there's always something going on there. :shrug:

Sorry, I came here through a cross post from C-SPAM and saw some comrades in here and saw some funny posts so I wanted to make some funnies, please don't be mad. I wish to not subjugate but to liberate from the shackles of capitalism and consumerism :( I have direct orders from Moscow. :ussr:

I'm not mad or accusing you guys of anything! I just thought it was kind of funny to interject given that this has been one of the few QCS explosions not directly based on D&D/C-SPAM, although I guess it got started with Death Ray being terrible in TGRS, so...

poo poo, gotta connect some post printouts with string on my bulletin board, then call my GRU handler

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I just want to say Russian Conspiracy Guy gave me the first straight up laugh I've had since Monday night and I love him.

that's what you'd say, LITERALLY A RUSSIAN

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

cheeki breeki

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tashilicious posted:

you have my thumbs to push in the thumbtacks with. I will give my lowest amount of negligible effort for a moment to this noble cause.

thank u comrade i value ur labor no matter how seemingly insignificant, it all goes towards a greater cause :h:

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I'll just crosspost myself in the hopes that it allays at least one poster's paranoia that Russia is controlling everything all the way down to something awful dot com.

i wouldn't be surprised if anyone believes in the "russian psy ops" because its mostly just macedonian teenagers running twitter bot scripts so that they can continue indulging in flex culture, and thats something i can't even explain to you unless you saw how it worked at the beginning pre-escalator times :capitalism: (no i am not joking about this)

maddow has done a lot of damage to the sacred discourse while people are trying to address material concerns and social justice, because its a distraction for the mobilizing culture and class war.

Antivehicular posted:

I'm not mad or accusing you guys of anything! I just thought it was kind of funny to interject given that this has been one of the few QCS explosions not directly based on D&D/C-SPAM, although I guess it got started with Death Ray being terrible in TGRS, so...

ya true, its been....its been something else alright~

Antivehicular posted:

poo poo, gotta connect some post printouts with string on my bulletin board, then call my GRU handler

lmfao

Lastgirl has a new favorite as of 10:40 on Dec 12, 2019

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

birb mod, mind if I ask why the dude who started the "Lowtax is the real racist" thread in QCS, who is pretty clearly an outside agitator with a history of posting racist garbage in the forum, wasn't hit with anything while several people in his thread were his with more than sixers?

That feels... Weird to me.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Because in all honesty we have been scrambling like crazy and are not at the moment very thorough, but we are also nowhere near finished. This also managed to hit during a time where pretty much every admin is having a real life crisis (please send me good vibes re: mine) so communication has been slipshod at best. There are lessons the team will be taking away from this as well, for sure. Several mods have been working very hard on handling QCS but it has been a behemoth and immensely stressful for them.

I've been inviting the people that have PMed me thoughts or concerns during this to also forward me posts that need bans and I'd like to extend the same invitation to you and others. I have been very short on time this week and several posters have been invaluable in helping me hit people that suck.

Like that guy, so, be right back.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Because in all honesty we have been scrambling like crazy and are not at the moment very thorough, but we are also nowhere near finished. This also managed to hit during a time where pretty much every admin is having a real life crisis (please send me good vibes re: mine) so communication has been slipshod at best. There are lessons the team will be taking away from this as well, for sure. Several mods have been working very hard on handling QCS but it has been a behemoth and immensely stressful for them.

I've been inviting the people that have PMed me thoughts or concerns during this to also forward me posts that need bans and I'd like to extend the same invitation to you and others. I have been very short on time this week and several posters have been invaluable in helping me hit people that suck.

Like that guy, so, be right back.

Thank you very much <3

Honestly, the only major issue I have left is just the very real lack of communication and transparency with what is going on. Outside of that, in general, you're doing a good job and I hope your poo poo gets handled well and quickly so you can get back to being just a bird on some dumb gay comedy forum.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Do you really think the Russian conspiracy guy was serious and not a troll like a dozen of other extremely original threads in QCS? Lmao.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Good vibes for a good ban, bird mod

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

stay safe poverty admins

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paladinus posted:

Do you really think the Russian conspiracy guy was serious and not a troll like a dozen of other extremely original threads in QCS? Lmao.

The only recent QCS threads that I am willing to believe are in good faith are ones started by posters I specifically know. Everything else is wildly suspect considering the current state of things and the astounding amount of bad faith posting, and outright trolling.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Tashilicious posted:

Honestly, the only major issue I have left is just the very real lack of communication and transparency with what is going on. Outside of that, in general, you're doing a good job and I hope your poo poo gets handled well and quickly so you can get back to being just a bird on some dumb gay comedy forum.

Haha, I thank you. :) But yes, you're absolutely right about communication. Unfortunately a lot of the issue is due to the aforementioned multiple crises happening. Communication isn't really great behind the scenes right now either, a lot of tensions are running high, and having half as many admins as we did three days ago isn't helping either. Hopefully with the pause button on QCS we can take a breath to sort ourselves out and thus be able to clearly communicate with the rest of the userbase too.

Honestly reading the Sagas thread tonight and just getting another perspective was fascinating.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Paladinus posted:

No, the guy who posted here, in this thread. He seemed pretty earnest.

e: and if he wasn't don't tell me, let me have this :mad:

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 11:39 on Dec 12, 2019

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tashilicious posted:

The only recent QCS threads that I am willing to believe are in good faith are ones started by posters I specifically know. Everything else is wildly suspect considering the current state of things and the astounding amount of bad faith posting, and outright trolling.

I don’t know if they’re spreading smoke or just have very poor sense of timing, but either way, the issues they raise are legitimate but not critical. Revisit them in January.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Russian theory is completely insane but also just plausible enough to make you wonder.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platystemon posted:

I don’t know if they’re spreading smoke or just have very poor sense of timing, but either way, the issues they raise are legitimate but not critical. Revisit them in January.

I don't disagree that a lot of those issues are, in fact, pertinent. But the timing and language feels...

off. For a lot of it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

just ban all the comedy masters who have colonized a thread in Rapidly Going Deaf of all places https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820863&pagenumber=373&perpage=40#post500701960

they're still dying on Slur Hill it's unreal

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

These fyad posters flaming out is dumb, but it doesn't top the let's play exodus for sheer patheticness

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snow Cone Capone posted:

just ban all the comedy masters who have colonized a thread in Rapidly Going Deaf of all places https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820863&pagenumber=373&perpage=40#post500701960

they're still dying on Slur Hill it's unreal

jesus christ, they're not even pretending.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Huh, well, Junpei was actually speaking with me about that earlier. She'd linked me the thread to take a look, which I said I'd do tomorrow since I assumed it would be a thread with any sort of nuance to it at all and I didn't have the time for what I thought would be a delve. She'd already queued up the punishments and just needed me to yea or nay.

Junpei, I apologize for not clicking that immediately.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Miss posted:

These fyad posters flaming out is dumb, but it doesn't top the let's play exodus for sheer patheticness

well now

spill the tea

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

My favorite part is all the "tee hee they're gonna be so mad when they find this thread" posts

Sorry to dump another crop of morons on you Bird, hope your IRL poo poo works out OK

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Huh, well, Junpei was actually speaking with me about that earlier. She'd linked me the thread to take a look, which I said I'd do tomorrow since I assumed it would be a thread with any sort of nuance to it at all and I didn't have the time for what I thought would be a delve. She'd already queued up the punishments and just needed me to yea or nay.

Junpei, I apologize for not clicking that immediately.

let me tell you, having the lepers colony in an another tab and refreshing every once in a while the past few days has been incredible. Thanks <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Snow Cone Capone posted:

My favorite part is all the "tee hee they're gonna be so mad when they find this thread" posts

Sorry to dump another crop of morons on you Bird, hope your IRL poo poo works out OK

Yeah, as soon as I saw that one I decided the months were okay.

Thank you, and also I appreciate the moron crop-dropping. Many hands/light work :v: