Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lmao, imagine being terrified of poor people voting and advocating for their own interests instead of keeping their heads down and still think of yourself as anything but a cartoon villain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Gum posted:

First election in my life that I've had to queue to vote

Nice, that's always a good sign. How long was the queue?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

:actually: they were voting for their own local mp

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Thread title tonight should be either "Love, Labour's Lost" or "Love, Labour's Won".

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

No queues yet where I am(Germany), hope this isn't a bad sign

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

GABA ghoul posted:

No queues yet where I am(Germany), hope this isn't a bad sign

2 WORLD WARS 1 WROLD CUP

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

lorn Wayne posted:

that's essentially true worldwide i feel

p much, although there are some caveats

In Brazil, where we have required voting and elections on sundays, there is a certain level of bullshit where you can only vote in your registered station even in federal elections, and for a country this huge, where a lot of younger people have moved elsewhere to study/work, you can only "justify" through an absentee ballot

and transfering your electoral address can be a huge loving pain in the rear end, so you end up with 25-40 million people consistently absent ever since the redemocratization in the beginning of the 90s

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Gum posted:

First election in my life that I've had to queue to vote

My polling station was a ghost town as usual. Always have a very low turnout. Safe labour seat, although was Anne Coffey's seat since forever and she defected to Change and then dropped out or moved elsewhere or something. Should still be safe though. The polling people recognised me and knew that I usually voted in the evening (I usually bring my kid so he can see democracy in action, yes I'm that kind of dad) and we had a nice chat and they gave me a biscuit.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Worrying about more people exercising their democratic right lmao

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

ScrubLeague posted:

have we already posted the klopp image i'm doing it anyway

Did anyone verify this?

Klopp is a great man.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Seeing people vote is worrying me, says person who's definitively on the right side of history

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

https://www.politico.eu/article/12-people-and-things-that-ruined-british-politics/

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Just flipped three greens in Milton Keynes MATES

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Right, lunch time and I'm popping out to vote. Unfortunately I'm in Ulster and can't vote directly for labour. I don't really know what to do, the last elections weren't really that important (European Parliament) so I voted independant. I'm not doing that this time.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I was the only person in my station when I went to vote, although I did go at an off-peak time.

It's the first time I've had the chance to vote in a district where the result might swing, so hopefully there'll be one less DUP MP in the world by the weekend.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Brony Car posted:

Did anyone verify this?

Klopp is a great man.

Klopp comes from a working class background and every now and then commented on stuff back when coaching Dortmund

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

the nature of corbyn is irrepressible

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/sunraysunray/status/1205085624094613505?s=20

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

what kind of jam does jezza make anyway

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

in awe of that wallet, absolute skills m8

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Really pulling for y'alls people over here

Hope it works out

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Valko posted:

Right, lunch time and I'm popping out to vote. Unfortunately I'm in Ulster and can't vote directly for labour. I don't really know what to do, the last elections weren't really that important (European Parliament) so I voted independant. I'm not doing that this time.

Depends on your constituency but vote against the DUP. That's the important thing.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1205112557004083201

dadtweeting picking up steam

3 hours before the amazing ones start

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Jeremy Corbin, the red devil may he wash over Europe in a tide of 1%-er blood.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

univbee posted:

Nice, that's always a good sign. How long was the queue?

Pretty short but there aren't many people living here. Mostly young too

E: queue was mostly young, constituency mostly old

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m too excited to sleep

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/HackedOffHugh/status/1204851528105902083

Hugh Grant is... Lib Dem right?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Is there anything more pathetic than the DUP?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

has the look has the attitude but I think he is voting labour this election...?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

I think it's that Hugh Grant said that he'd be personally voting for the Lib Dems because that was the "tactically correct" choice to remove Tories from his constituency, but he also made a tweet calling out a Lib Dem activist as being wrong when they said that the Lib Dems were the only chance of defeating the Tories.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
Not sure which would be the funnier scenario:
a) labour wins but libdems make a coalition with the tories
b) tories win but turns out it was due to election fraud (which will go unmentioned in all newspapers and unadressed by the electoral commission)

I'm basically expecting shenanigans regardless

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Wow those are tough words from a guy who *checks notes* had an embarrassing marginal primary victory over a total nobody

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Falcorum posted:

b) tories win but turns out it was due to election fraud (which will go unmentioned in all newspapers and unadressed by the electoral commission)

the funniest would be getting basically the same parliament back so boris wins but cant brexit and 2016 continues forever imo

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

hugh grant really really hates the tabloids and by extension the tories. he desperately wants leveson 2 to be enacted - i don't think he's said much about politics otherwise, but he gives me strong 'old-school Liberal' vibes, i.e. he cares a *lot* about process and not that much about outcomes. this election, that amounts to moderate labour sympathies since they've run the most honest campaign and are promising a number of procedural reforms, but more importantly it means he is diametrically opposed to the conservatives

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Falcorum posted:

Laura Kuenssberg filmed setting fire to ballot boxes live on TV while shouting "Take this you commie fucks!". BBC rules that she did nothing wrong

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
why don't you just officially rename the libdems the birdbrains?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

gradenko_2000 posted:

I think it's that Hugh Grant said that he'd be personally voting for the Lib Dems because that was the "tactically correct" choice to remove Tories from his constituency, but he also made a tweet calling out a Lib Dem activist as being wrong when they said that the Lib Dems were the only chance of defeating the Tories.

he's hardcore anti-tory in this election and while he campaigned for the lib dems in some constituencies he also did for labour in a bunch (and in promotional materials) and got super pissed off at the libs for the above stunt.

i get the impression that labour candidates and supporters are quite a bit more tolerable than lib dem ones lmao

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Martout posted:

why don't you just officially rename the libdems the birdbrains?

Libdem has a much more negative connotation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

I dropped my monster condom that I use for my king size dong