Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

underage at the vape shop posted:

Unironically ironically mad I didn't even get called out for my cartoon lady 'tar and posting a billion times angrily about trans rights and even being a thread op

Even kiwifarms gendered me correctly what the hecc where's my gender battle cred

I didn't post that much, but I'm still sad my cartoon av didn't get called out either. I even got one pissy with me for saying they were either a bigot or ignorant! Maybe because it's a robot and a guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Paladinus posted:

Da. He was, how you say, earnest.

E: Slightly related to this, and I don't know if this can be considered a saga, but Brown Moses has been actually probated some time ago in the UK mega thread in D&D for, according to the thread, peddling anti-Labour propaganda. It's meant as an aside, and I don't encourage anyone to discuss UK politics or Brown Moses's involvement in it here, just so we're clear.

UKMT stands for UK Marxist Thread, so he shoulda seen that one coming really lol

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I didn't post that much, but I'm still sad my cartoon av didn't get called out either. I even got one pissy with me for saying they were either a bigot or ignorant! Maybe because it's a robot and a guy?

I mean I made one of the threads and participated in many and I didn't get the anime girl slideshow treatment either. I guess I just wasn't visibly trans enough :(

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

He's basically a specific kind of fake woke guy whose political views are basically fascism with poor people instead of nonwhite people and takes support of corporate wokeness to a whole new level

Ah. One of those. Alright.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Yeah, he would just be another dime a dozen internet critic with a lot of dumb opinions. But he genuinely seems to subscribe to the belief that a person's worth as a human being is directly proportional to how smart they are. So yeah, fascism.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Werong Bustope posted:

Reopen fyad but you have to have a deltarune av to post there

reopen fyad but it's for the trans illuminati only with a strict no truscum rule

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Paladinus posted:

If that helps, your av sucks big time!

Thank you

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Lol i forgot about this

This is from pages ago but this thread is moving at the speed of light the last few days. This guy still posts and got a kratom addiction:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762965&userid=146138

And is an alcoholic:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3375646&pagenumber=468&perpage=40#post499158241

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The great purge of 2019 is still going :psyduck:

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

The great purge of 2019 is still going :psyduck:

I mean, they literally cannot stop themselves from invading other forums to post slurs.
They are physically incapable of stopping.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

bradzilla posted:

This is from pages ago but this thread is moving at the speed of light the last few days. This guy still posts and got a kratom addiction:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762965&userid=146138

And is an alcoholic:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3375646&pagenumber=468&perpage=40#post499158241

Man, this forum does poo poo to people

Tashilicious posted:

I mean, they literally cannot stop themselves from invading other forums to post slurs.

"They" as in the general population of terrible posters? Because it looks like a slice of particularly bad C-SPAM and GBS posters decided to flame out in that RGD thread tonight.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tashilicious posted:

I'm not sure the new batch are FYADs. Although I don't really know all FYADs by name.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paladinus posted:

I'm not sure the new batch are FYADs. Although I don't really know all FYADs by name.

they are clearly mad aboiut fyad

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Nuns with Guns posted:

"They" as in the general population of terrible posters? Because it looks like a slice of particularly bad C-SPAM and GBS posters decided to flame out in that RGD thread tonight.

You know how sometimes when you get sick and run down it causes other health problems to flare up, like getting a cold sore right after you had the flu?

Basically what I'm saying is the forums have lovely poster herpes.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
gently caress 'em. Perma each and every one of them; we don't need or want their fascist/racist/homophobic/transphobic (circle one or more as applies) asses here.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 14:16 on Dec 12, 2019

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
cumtown seems tiresome

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Tashilicious posted:

they are clearly mad aboiut fyad

Do you pronounce it like "fi-yad?" I always think eff wy ay dee but then you can't shorten it to the yad so my way is inferior I think

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The thing that really gets me is that most of these chucklefucks are probably middle aged or pushing it; how much a pathetic stunted failson do you have to be this obsessed with people on the Internet that are just different than you when you're in your 40's?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Dixville posted:

Do you pronounce it like "fi-yad?" I always think eff wy ay dee but then you can't shorten it to the yad so my way is inferior I think

I've always pronounced it Fyah-d, like fyard said with a really heavy Southern accent.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Werong Bustope posted:

You know how sometimes when you get sick and run down it causes other health problems to flare up, like getting a cold sore right after you had the flu?

Basically what I'm saying is the forums have lovely poster herpes.

Oh, absolutely, and I'm not really shocked that they're melting down over maybe not being able to say the r-word anymore even though none of the mods or admins said it'd be banned

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nuns with Guns posted:

Oh, absolutely, and I'm not really shocked that they're melting down over maybe not being able to say the r-word anymore even though none of the mods or admins said it'd be banned

I mean the r slur like most slurs is probate worthy in every forum now isnt it?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Tashilicious posted:

It gets you a day in this subforum. I believe that in GBS, it depends on the context.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I've always pronounced it Fyah-d, like fyard said with a really heavy Southern accent.

This is extremely wrong.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Paladinus posted:

This is extremely wrong.
:shrug: I'm not exactly upset about mispronouncing the name of the subforum home of a bunch of transphobes.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Tashilicious posted:

My understanding is it's at a "mods can ban it from their forum if they want" level versus like the n-word or the f-word where it's a universal punishment if someone or something is called that. If it has bumped up to that level though then that's cool! It's a big step up from having to argue why it should be a few years ago.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Nuns with Guns posted:

Someone had a tantrum at me a few weeks back in the Boston lan thread bc I told him it's a bad word lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Werong Bustope posted:

you had some very good posts in this whole sorry mess

thank u, there are trans c-spam posters who weighed in as well and mormonpartyboat who is an excellent poster so they did the heavy lifting as well as others. I just expressed solidarity because some fyad/fyad adjacent posters were being egomaniacs trying to calculate a cultural victory which completely missed the point. I'll let you in on a secret though, a few of my posts at the fyad users weren't sincere :ssh: and from their responses, I knew what had happened was absolutely inexcusable at that point then because they were so lazily complacent and autofilling confirmation biases and outright dismissiveness in reply.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Because it looks like a slice of particularly bad C-SPAM and GBS posters decided to flame out in that RGD thread tonight.

a few of them are persona non grata in cspam, they just skirt around when they post there because they aren't flouting the rules and they know because c-spam self polices very well so not surprised that the creepy misogynist with the naziwife fetish flamed out for slurring since it was banned in c-spam so they had to go vent it elsewhere, and the amazing part is that they actually believe they're smarter than most cspam posters with incredible disdain for them. we had to fight with one mod who wanted to make an exception to the ableist slur to apply it to donald trump only but you and I can clearly see how any dipshit can circumvent that rule easily, and not many people particularly like that mod even though he does his job i guess. thats why there is a little friction in c-spam about moderation atm but it pales in comparison to this insanity.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

yeah pretty much :whitewater:

Hi you should probably go ahead and burn down the new thread they made too https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3906697#post500734533

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

this thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1824022

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Hub Cat posted:

Hi you should probably go ahead and burn down the new thread they made too https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3906697#post500734533

I appreciate what you're intending to do here, but this thread is not a substitute for QCS or the report system.

I don't want to probate people posting ITT in good faith, but this thread has been on the razor's edge since this crisis kicked off.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Pastry of the Year posted:

I appreciate what you're intending to do here, but this thread is not a substitute for QCS or the report system.

I don't want to probate people posting ITT in good faith, but this thread has been on the razor's edge since this crisis kicked off.

LAB literally thanked me ITT for posting the link to the last one so getting a bit of a mixed message here, also QCS is currently locked.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
One saga that happened between this is that in the sad climate change thread (the bad one, not the funny one) in C-SPAM, some poster wanted to blow up a cow farm because they were afraid of the methane emission affecting the world from cow farts and got permabanned yesterday in light of their increasingly deranged posts Does that count as a saga worthy of contribution? :angel:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

One saga that happened between this is that in the sad climate change thread (the bad one, not the funny one) in C-SPAM, some poster wanted to blow up a cow farm because they were afraid of the methane emission affecting the world from cow farts and got permabanned yesterday in light of their increasingly deranged posts Does that count as a saga worthy of contribution? :angel:

covered it already

and both climate change threads are good and highly funny, just in different ways

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lol at all these lunatics coming out of hiding and throwing themselves into the woodchipper

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oxxidation posted:

cumtown seems tiresome

wrong, they just got a soundboard

SILENCE

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Oxxidation posted:

covered it already

and both climate change threads are good and highly funny, just in different ways

awesome~ well enjoy! :yooge:

I hope that they get the help they need, and most people early on hedged their bet on the ironic nihilist/lol im an accelerationist climate change thread doing something like AVALANCHE tier eco-terrorism, but no, it was just the fatalist climate change thread.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Lastgirl posted:

I think this got mentioned several pages back, but this thread's moving quickly. I mostly just hope Turtlicious is all right and that, if he actually made homemade pipe bombs to murder cows, they've been safely disposed of.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Antivehicular posted:

I think this got mentioned several pages back, but this thread's moving quickly. I mostly just hope Turtlicious is all right and that, if he actually made homemade pipe bombs to murder cows, they've been safely disposed of.

pipe bombs? *chuckles self assuredly* i believe they're valuable and highly volatile d&d figurines :chord:

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Not that I have need of it at the moment, but is there some button my blind rear end is missing to report just an entire thread, or do you have to report like...the OP or individual posts in the thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Snow Cone Capone posted:

LAB literally thanked me ITT for posting the link to the last one so getting a bit of a mixed message here, also QCS is currently locked.

I stand corrected; there is a god damned lot to catch up with. That said, I do think reports/PMs would be better than litigation here.

QCS is temporarily locked, yeah, and I think the worst thing that could happen to this thread is it being used as an interim substitute.