Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
SA Cumtown fans are rapidly edging out Rick & Morty fans in terms of general obnoxiousness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Not that I have need of it at the moment, but is there some button my blind rear end is missing to report just an entire thread, or do you have to report like...the OP or individual posts in the thread?

If you feel the entire thread is irredeemable, I would suggest reporting the first post in the thread and saying your piece in the report itself.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

SA Cumtown fans are rapidly edging

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Out of context the phrase 'Pipe bomb cows' sounds really funny to me, like an over the top Diablo reference. But man, is the context sad.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Pastry of the Year posted:

If you feel the entire thread is irredeemable, I would suggest reporting the first post in the thread and saying your piece in the report itself.

Figured as much, but I have a history of overlooking things that are right in front of me, so I couldn't be sure.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Accordion Man posted:

The thing that really gets me is that most of these chucklefucks are probably middle aged or pushing it; how much a pathetic stunted failson do you have to be this obsessed with people on the Internet that are just different than you when you're in your 40's?

That lameass avatar hit list post becomes 10x funnier when you consider it was compiled and posted by someone who's probably in their mid 30's at least. a full grown adult thinking cartoon avs will be the decisive public opinion blow lmao.

Lastgirl posted:

I'll let you in on a secret though, a few of my posts at the fyad users weren't sincere :ssh:

:aaa: say it ain't so

real talk tho they've been used to playing QCS for so long and the usual schtick is so effective at derailing things into paralysis that it's refreshing and necessary when someone cheerfully calls it out like that.

On that note tho, a lot of people did the most from all corners of the forums, and I'm grateful to all of you, starting with the TGRS crew and working outwards. I'm mostly a weird lurker with no real posting home but the trans threads and general LGBT threads across the boards have been immensely helpful to me over the years even as a silent observer, and I'm sure to others in the perpetual lurker contingent.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Paladinus posted:

Out of context the phrase 'Pipe bomb cows' sounds really funny to me, like an over the top Diablo reference. But man, is the context sad.

Pipe Bomb Cow is a good username

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Hoshi posted:

Someone had a tantrum at me a few weeks back in the Boston lan thread bc I told him it's a bad word lol

Haha I had something similar happen a few months ago and it's a lot of feelings to have over hurtful words.

Lastgirl posted:

a few of them are persona non grata in cspam, they just skirt around when they post there because they aren't flouting the rules and they know because c-spam self polices very well so not surprised that the creepy misogynist with the naziwife fetish flamed out for slurring since it was banned in c-spam so they had to go vent it elsewhere, and the amazing part is that they actually believe they're smarter than most cspam posters with incredible disdain for them. we had to fight with one mod who wanted to make an exception to the ableist slur to apply it to donald trump only but you and I can clearly see how any dipshit can circumvent that rule easily, and not many people particularly like that mod even though he does his job i guess. thats why there is a little friction in c-spam about moderation atm but it pales in comparison to this insanity.

Yeah that's what it looked like when I skimmed a few of their post histories. Hopefully someone comes in with a thorough ban soon.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You let people ignore all the rules long enough eventually they become physically incapable of following them even when consequences become a real thing suddenly.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Antivehicular posted:

I think this got mentioned several pages back, but this thread's moving quickly. I mostly just hope Turtlicious is all right and that, if he actually made homemade pipe bombs to murder cows, they've been safely disposed of.

I don’t think they made those to murder cows, I think their obsession with destroying livestock and manic IED construction were two separate things occurring at the same time. Blowing up some cows isn’t a “this’ll make all the news channels!” Type thing. But there’s like a zero percent chance those things were disposed of properly, so hopefully their isn’t a bunch of decomposing explosives in the back of their backyard waiting for a deer to fart funny around it and make a giant crater.

Though it’s Turtlicious, so who knows. I’m glad they got perma’d. Not because I didn’t like their posting (though I really didn’t), but because this place was obviously not good for their mental health at all.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Turtlicious, if their posts in the r/r thread are true, had a completely miserable childhood. Which resulted in a hostility to the very concept of family, which made for some fascinating conversations in that thread.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

zakharov posted:

Turtlicious, if their posts in the r/r thread are true, had a completely miserable childhood. Which resulted in a hostility to the very concept of family, which made for some fascinating conversations in that thread.

Poor old turt. I hope things get better for them. I remember them dropping details of their life & childhood into that thread that were always just really melancholy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Podcast drama is the most insane style of drama there is. This is consistent across every site I have seen.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Podcast drama is the most insane style of drama there is. This is consistent across every site I have seen.

I mean this drama didn't seem to be about the podcast.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tashilicious posted:

I mean this drama didn't seem to be about the podcast.
That's true, this was about [free speech I guess??????] but somehow podcast fan communities always attract tons of drama. People get really personally invested in the podcast and the people involved.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Hasn't there been forums drama about Cum Town before? Something about a C-SPAM thread?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's true, this was about [free speech I guess??????] but somehow podcast fan communities always attract tons of drama. People get really personally invested in the podcast and the people involved.

It has to do with how people treat podcasts as replacements for friends.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Podcast drama is nuts, but it doesn't have anything on Kpop drama.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Podcast drama is nuts, but it doesn't have anything on Kpop drama.

Lord, I miss fandom_wank.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

xcheopis posted:

Lord, I miss fandom_wank.

Hobby Drama on Reddit has been my general replacement for fandom_wank type stuff.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Hobby Drama on Reddit has been my general replacement for fandom_wank type stuff.

Reddit has good stuff? Huh.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

xcheopis posted:

You have to go for really specific stuff and be willing to accept that any subreddit you find will go to poo poo eventually just because of how the site works.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You know what's really wild

forum drama

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

xcheopis posted:

Yeah, Hobby Drama tends to be relatively chill, though there is occasionally some people causing trouble.

This is a fun write up of some horse showing drama.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I prefer to stay away from Reddit

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Yeah, Hobby Drama tends to be relatively chill, though there is occasionally some people causing trouble.

This is a fun write up of some horse showing drama.

lol that was wild and had a great twist at the end

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Snow Cone Capone posted:

lol that was wild and had a great twist at the end

the twist is literally in the title :ssh:

but yes, even if you know about it beforehand it's a fun ending

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Straight White Shark posted:

the twist is literally in the title :ssh:

but yes, even if you know about it beforehand it's a fun ending

haha I totally missed that, I think it's better that way so my obliviousness works out in my favor yet again

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
they have a thread about people arguing over the sanctity of findom fetishes, because of course they do

is there a SA thread about this place? this is hilarious

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Straight White Shark posted:

they have a thread about people arguing over the sanctity of findom fetishes, because of course they do

is there a SA thread about this place? this is hilarious

quote:

For someone like me who just wanted to jack off to feet pics I bought, this was a very annoying event.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kay Kessler posted:

On a more lighthearted bit of RGD drama, some of you may have noticed poster Lord of Booty's av has changed to a sfw section of goatse. While I'm not 100 percent sure, it's probably because of what happened in the Internet Critic thread. See, noted idiot and man incapable of shutting up Raenir Salazar decided he would die on the hill of defending noted piece of poo poo Moviebob. This resulted in a multi-page flame war that consisted of everyone vs him, as is usual when Raenir is involved. This caused LoB to snap and in an effort to get everyone to stop, posted this:

my av has nothing to do with that, it's just a funny coincidence

i got tired of looking at the New Day one because i had it for literally years, and meant to change it for a while, so when i got paid this week i went in the CineD genchat discord and went "hell yeah new av time"

then i couldn't decide what to put so i crowdsourced ideas, and now i have a cropped version of the goatman with a quote from The Irishman

honestly i'm surprised i didn't get redtitled for those posts though

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Werong Bustope posted:

Reopen fyad but you have to have a deltarune av to post there

I literally think the only reason why they latched onto my avatar was because Pick called it a "sexpot barney". I was so baffled, but whatever I guess.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

gently caress 'em. Perma each and every one of them; we don't need or want their fascist/racist/homophobic/transphobic (circle one or more as applies) asses here.

:hai:

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
i didnt see anyone respond to it but the "ac/dc hadoukens" part of the fyad post was abt, if i remember correctly, a pet island mod who kept a space heater next to her bird's cage and cooked it to death. this is the same bird who was farted around so much it spoke in farts. i think the mod was "pile of kittens"?

e: oh i found the screencap lol thx ruddha i thought it was lost to the ages

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

oh wow

I kind of regret wanting to know now.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Yeah that just makes me sad. It wasn't malicious, it was just an accident. Rest in peace Buddy. :(

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
bad news, i lost my mod star. the good news is that the bird i killed from my extremely normal belief that birds need to be roasted for survival wasn't one that most of the household liked anyway

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Ugh. I've also used a heater for birds in drafty rooms and had issues with losing heat during power outages, so that hits close to home.

edit oh this isn't the bird crazies thread

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kay Kessler posted:

On a more lighthearted bit of RGD drama, some of you may have noticed poster Lord of Booty's av has changed to a sfw section of goatse. While I'm not 100 percent sure, it's probably because of what happened in the Internet Critic thread. See, noted idiot and man incapable of shutting up Raenir Salazar decided he would die on the hill of defending noted piece of poo poo Moviebob. This resulted in a multi-page flame war that consisted of everyone vs him, as is usual when Raenir is involved. This caused LoB to snap and in an effort to get everyone to stop, posted this:

I don't know that I ever interacted with Raenir before but he keeps arguing in TGRS about how video games are art and not products while I'm trying to talk about accessibility in video games while getting upset because easy modes would ruin the pacing and gently caress with the artist's vision or some poo poo. It's loving bizarre.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Araenna posted:

I don't know that I ever interacted with Raenir before but he keeps arguing in TGRS about how video games are art and not products while I'm trying to talk about accessibility in video games while getting upset because easy modes would ruin the pacing and gently caress with the artist's vision or some poo poo. It's loving bizarre.

It's baffling, especially since they mostly ignored my question of "They can't even get subtitles right, and that's basic poo poo. Why are we giving them the "it's their artistic vision" benefit of the doubt instead of just assuming they don't want to put in the time?" The only counter anyone had was "Most games have subtitles!" which...yes, but they often suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

I prefer to stay away from Reddit

The forum layout is probably the most hostile I have ever seen to having a conversation or anything you'd actually want to use a forum for