Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The 3-pronged thing is a muzzle device, goes on the end of the barrel.

Cops can make all the dumb poo poo they want, they don't have the long bong of the (M72) law:

I really need to get around to fixing, well, everything wrong with that. A glass downstem busted in it there by the fold down front sight. The back half likes to slide off entirely, so that needs to be affixed permanently. Basically, don't tell an army mechanic to throw away a "training aid" and expect it to make it to a dumpster. I've had that drat LAW for well over a decade.

E: front sight and hole for downstem

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Dec 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I have so much weed that dude handed it to me tied up in a grocery bag, put it into a proper ziploc and only now do I realize the enormity of the task I've taken upon myself

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

klapman posted:

I have so much weed that dude handed it to me tied up in a grocery bag, put it into a proper ziploc and only now do I realize the enormity of the task I've taken upon myself

I believe in you noble weedegoone

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Time to get some jars man. Mason are a solid go to but they make some nice ones you can get at a head shop. They tend to look way cooler but cost a ton more.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

poo poo man burn you a candle motherfucker!

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
I got these fliptop jars from Michael's that work real good. Throw a humidity pack in there and weed stays fresh forever. Plus I bought a chalk pen so I can write down what strain and other info about it right on the jar.

https://canada.michaels.com/en/hermes-jar-ashland/10153679.html

https://www.michaels.com/craft-smart-chalk-marker-set-commercial/10248384.html

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I use the flip tops but I just peel the sticker off the weed package and put it on the jar

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Antioch posted:

I got these fliptop jars from Michael's that work real good. Throw a humidity pack in there and weed stays fresh forever. Plus I bought a chalk pen so I can write down what strain and other info about it right on the jar.

for the price of one of these jars at michaels you can get one or two 12 packs of mason jars in different sizes at a grocery/hardware store

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
If I don't have my weed kept in an envelope folded out of one of those free used car sales newspapers how am I supposed to be the one who makes the whole Aldi smell like weed?

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

poverty goat posted:

for the price of one of these jars at michaels you can get one or two 12 packs of mason jars in different sizes at a grocery/hardware store

True but I already had these because my wife does crafts.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
round 3 of making edibles: round 2 involved just throwing a gram on a single cracker and throwing it into the oven without decarbing, because that's what my friend suggested to do and it seemed sensible.

It got me higher than any of the ones from round 1, probably cause I used a higher amount and had a better base (organic peanut butter instead of nutella). Round 3 is me doing the same thing but for about 1.5 grams each (it's shake) on three crackers, and also I'm decarbing this time. This should be good

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

i honestly thought decarbing was necessary to make edibles worth a poo poo, but thread evidence suggests not :shrug:

without my sleepy meds or sleep for about 3 days now. it's four loving am and all I can do is get so stoned I think about giving the Last Jedi another shot.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

klapman posted:

round 3 of making edibles: round 2 involved just throwing a gram on a single cracker and throwing it into the oven without decarbing, because that's what my friend suggested to do and it seemed sensible.

It got me higher than any of the ones from round 1, probably cause I used a higher amount and had a better base (organic peanut butter instead of nutella). Round 3 is me doing the same thing but for about 1.5 grams each (it's shake) on three crackers, and also I'm decarbing this time. This should be good

Okay, so I actually did three separate experiments with those. One, I added liquid butter to see what would happen, the other I used more almond butter, the third I used less. The one with more almond butter was an order of magnitude stronger.

I ate it six hours ago and I am still out of this world high. I'm re-entering the atmosphere, barely. I'm going to bed in a bit. This rules and I'm glad I finally figured it out.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Antioch posted:

I do this but with mason jars. Can keep weed for a year+ if you don't break the seal on the jar. Source: That mason jar of Chemdawg I found that's over a year old.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

I'm 36 and have had IBS since forever. I'm a total weed newbie and I've only been smoking weed every day for the last month and I've never taken so many powerful, well-formed, non-emergency shits in my entire life. Thank you, weed.

Looking forward to smoking and playing No Man's Sky later.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Mods change Mikey's name to Former rear end Disaster

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tsar Mikey posted:

I'm 36 and have had IBS since forever. I'm a total weed newbie and I've only been smoking weed every day for the last month and I've never taken so many powerful, well-formed, non-emergency shits in my entire life. Thank you, weed.

Put some RSO in your hole and cure the IBS.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Tsar Mikey posted:

Weed: Makes you poo poo right!

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Weed makes my life a million times easier, cuts my drinking down to zero, at least during the week when I don't want to drink. I've taken to smartbud carts since they seem legit and not deathy, but I can take a 3 sec rip and be just right for the evening time, any more is too much.

The thing that I realize I have struggled with for like 15 years, is the initial onset of weed makes me feel very uncomfortable. While I know for a fact weed helps with my undiagnosed anxiety, and would otherwise eventually seek therapy and be prescribed pharms. It's just that initial comeup really sucks and always gives me a sinking feeling when I consider a toke. Any one have any insight?

I was doing quarter doses of edibles that I make myself throughout the work day, for a few weeks time, and it was amazinggggg. But short term memory went to poo poo and it was pretty expensive.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

interwhat posted:

Weed makes my life a million times easier, cuts my drinking down to zero, at least during the week when I don't want to drink. I've taken to smartbud carts since they seem legit and not deathy, but I can take a 3 sec rip and be just right for the evening time, any more is too much.

The thing that I realize I have struggled with for like 15 years, is the initial onset of weed makes me feel very uncomfortable. While I know for a fact weed helps with my undiagnosed anxiety, and would otherwise eventually seek therapy and be prescribed pharms. It's just that initial comeup really sucks and always gives me a sinking feeling when I consider a toke. Any one have any insight?

I was doing quarter doses of edibles that I make myself throughout the work day, for a few weeks time, and it was amazinggggg. But short term memory went to poo poo and it was pretty expensive.

My take on it is that your mind is "comfortable" with being anxious but getting high takes you out of the comfort zone, which causes you anxiety funnily enough.

I get the same where I get hesitant to have any cannabis because I'm anxious but then once I have the right amount I feel 100% better and laugh at myself for being anxious.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
jesus christ I had a bowl of this homegrown bud and I am extremely high. I haven't gotten this high off of a single bowl in such a long time. weed hits a lot different when every nug hasn't been tumbled to remove as many trichomes as possible

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
In all fairness, twister trimmers are just too goddamn economical for commercial grows not to use. What you lose gets pulled into the vacuum and sent off with the trim for extraction. Bud still testing in the mid-20%s pretty regularly.

But yeah, good hand trim, unfucked with, is nice. Just not worth the extra price to me, I'll just light another joint.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

The stuff I'm on is "21.36% THC" and it's hilarious that it's supposed to be a meaningful measurement

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, not gonna lie, it's kinda industry practice to list the highest percentage only. We label a high and a low so you at least have an idea of an average. If they're not posting low results, they're claiming the high as the average, and gently caress that noise.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
its always amusing when my boss tells stories about people retiring. most of them are weed related. you'd think this was normal if it was like a weed shop...but this is like a intercontinental law firm

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Anyone have any hacked-together system for storing vape cartridges upright so they don't get clogged? Or some common household item that could serve as a vape stand?

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Anyone have any hacked-together system for storing vape cartridges upright so they don't get clogged? Or some common household item that could serve as a vape stand?

Take a 2x4 or thinner square wooden dowel and drill holes in it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i just lean them against something. currently, a midi keyboard

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Get a plastic box used for storing 5.56mm rifle rounds. I'm not kidding. I use one of these:

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Fried Watermelon posted:

My take on it is that your mind is "comfortable" with being anxious but getting high takes you out of the comfort zone, which causes you anxiety funnily enough.

I get the same where I get hesitant to have any cannabis because I'm anxious but then once I have the right amount I feel 100% better and laugh at myself for being anxious.

Thanks, Fried Watermelon, I think you're exactly right. I was always the guy that stayed in the car when we stopped for snacks as a kid. Eyes still get red as heck

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Dumb Lowtax posted:

My cart gets clogged even when it's upright. I just cook and suck until I get that POP. I think it's because I keep it in a cold rear end basement.

Oh also, my neighbor went through 12 smartbud carts in 2 weeks. That seems a little insane, but he doesn't believe in climate change sooooooo

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

interwhat posted:

My cart gets clogged even when it's upright. I just cook and suck until I get that POP. I think it's because I keep it in a cold rear end basement.

Oh also, my neighbor went through 12 smartbud carts in 2 weeks. That seems a little insane, but he doesn't believe in climate change sooooooo

Oh, for that don't suck, blow. When you heat up and find you have a clog, unscrew the vape from the battery, and blow on the wrong end of the cart to clear out the clog. You'll blow a little puff of smoke out going the wrong way. Re-assemble and the next pull will be super strong.

My carts last forever because I learned not to waste the smoke. Inhale smoke for a split second, put down the pen, inhale the remaining 90% of a lungfull with clean air. You still inhaled the same amount of smoke, but the clean air in your lungs will dilute it enough for you to not need to cough it out. Hold your breath for longer that way and don't waste anything. I keep piling up carts because I never use up any this way.

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

I just picked up this little guy to try some Arizer vaping through it instead of direct use. I hope it's a good move.

https://friendlystranger.com/collections/pyrex/products/gear-premium-tuxedo-choice-bubbler-10

Lately, sucking on the stem has been making me cough pretty badly.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Dumb Lowtax posted:

My carts last forever because I learned not to waste the smoke. Inhale smoke for a split second, put down the pen, inhale the remaining 90% of a lungfull with clean air. You still inhaled the same amount of smoke, but the clean air in your lungs will dilute it enough for you to not need to cough it out.

also this way you aren't exhaling a big cloud of attention-attracting vapor in the middle of the airport security line

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Earwicker posted:

also this way you aren't exhaling a big cloud of attention-attracting vapor in the middle of the airport security line

How do you impress girls without vape tricks???

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Tipps posted:

How do you impress girls without vape tricks???

Puns

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i really wish someone would make a music venue built around people smoking weed instead of people drinking alcohol

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Earwicker posted:

i really wish someone would make a music venue built around people smoking weed instead of people drinking alcohol

Any kind of weed bar would be nice

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i've been to one dispensary, in san francisco, that has a room next door where you can hang out and smoke, and order lovely coffee out of a little machine. its pretty half-assed for what it is, but it's a start i guess

(in the netherlands "weed coffeeshops" are pretty common of course. but ive never seen live music in one)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

That’s the idea I had earlier in the thread. Dispensary/weed bar. You sit down, order a dose of whatever strain, and a barista fills a volcano bag with vapor. Sip it like an espresso, return the empty bag and go about your day.

Like a hookah bar, or those oxygen bars I saw in the airport once.