Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Powershift posted:

Boy do i have the store for you.

Army and Navy department stores still exist in calgary, and resemble a 90s run down zellers store, right down to the smell of the disgusting cafeteria, even though there is no cafeteria in them.

Is this picture from 2019 or 1993? who knows!

there’s one in downtown Vancouver too and it rules. really good prices on lovely camping gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Army & Navy is where I go when I am feeling fat and want to buy some Kevin Smith shorts

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Powershift posted:

Army and Navy department stores still exist in calgary, and resemble a 90s run down zellers store, right down to the smell of the disgusting cafeteria, even though there is no cafeteria in them.

When people hum and haw about the loss of brick&mortar department stores, this encapsulates all the reasons why it's happening.

Just a loving sea of clothes cut from the simplest blanks imaginable, drab colors and no screenprint or embroidery to be seen. Bathed in fluorescent tube light, beige walls and the laziest labels an intern could be barely arsed to produce in mspaint.

Society will be infinitely better off with these places closed/lit on fire.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
otoh sometimes people just need cheap clothes for their kids or whatever

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
welcome back to the end of history

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Army & Navy as in Army-Navy Surplus? That takes me back.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Isizzlehorn posted:

When people hum and haw about the loss of brick&mortar department stores, this encapsulates all the reasons why it's happening.

Just a loving sea of clothes cut from the simplest blanks imaginable, drab colors and no screenprint or embroidery to be seen. Bathed in fluorescent tube light, beige walls and the laziest labels an intern could be barely arsed to produce in mspaint.

Society will be infinitely better off with these places closed/lit on fire.

"Our society shouldn't have to suffer the existence of these discount clothing shops because their products and presentation just aren't nice enough for me tastes." is the sort of hot take that still upsets me but no longer surprises me in these threads.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
poverty is aesthetically displeasing, which is why i have dedicated my life to papering over it

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

EvilJoven posted:

"Our society shouldn't have to suffer the existence of these discount clothing shops because their products and presentation just aren't nice enough for me tastes." is the sort of hot take that still upsets me but no longer surprises me in these threads.

SA Posters Killed the Discount Store

catchy tune

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

think I buy all the clothes at army and navy, I am an art hater... there's probably a specific word for that, but I lack the fine embroidered fabrics to know it.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i would be more inclined to do that if the store had super loud music, fake trees in the front, and spotty halogen track lighting on the merchandise

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

upgunned shitpost posted:

think I buy all the clothes at army and navy, I am an art hater... there's probably a specific word for that, but I lack the fine embroidered fabrics to know it.

just do what i do and get a jean jacket from value village and spell out philistine with adhesive rhinestones

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Mayor Pete's campaign has now admitted the grocery chain he advised was Loblaws

https://twitter.com/jeffhauser/status/1204543875651657733

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

infernal machines posted:

that's the thing, those terminal interfaces are actually pretty streamlined and it takes a lot of thought and consideration to build a GUI equivalent without just making GBS threads check boxes and form fields all over the place, and absolutely no enterprise software ever does this

Those ugly terminal interfaces have a steeper learning curve but are very efficient once you've gotten the hang of them and remember which key codes do the few things that you need to do 200 times a day, out of a few hundred available functions.

If someone's full-time job is working with this software, that's what you want, even if they have to bumble around for a few weeks as they get used to it.

Juul-Whip posted:

Mayor Pete's campaign has now admitted the grocery chain he advised was Loblaws

https://twitter.com/jeffhauser/status/1204543875651657733

Fitting that white bread would be Pete's undoing.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

just do what i do and get a jean jacket from value village and spell out philistine with adhesive rhinestones

I've given up trying to have a say on what does or doesn't get bedazzled, but fully concede my steel toes look loving fabulous

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

nice. i feel like ratty faux leather jackets are also acceptable, but you need to put spikes on the shoulders too

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Army & navy?? Oh la dee da, Mr big spender, too good for us Red Apple folks

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/Cam_Oflage/status/1204600012987981824?s=20

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

fisting by many posted:

Fitting that white bread would be Pete's undoing.
White Bread Pete must answer for his white bread crimes.
🍞📈🍞📈🍞📈🍞📈🍞📈🍞📈🍞📈

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

"Who's Phil Stine?"
"I wanted to write Philistine but I ran out of space."

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1204801712030199808

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

https://www.macleans.ca/?p=1189963

quote:

Waitzer told his money story at a Toronto chapter meeting of Resource Movement, a support group where rich millennials encourage each other to give away portions of their inherited wealth. The group was founded in 2015 as an offshoot of an older U.S. body called Resource Generation whose mandate is to fund grassroots social justice movements. Resource Movement has about 125 members spread across chapters in Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto and Ottawa. They are the children of bankers, tech moguls and mining company executives. Collectively, the group is made up of Canada’s richest—among the top 20 per cent. Most new members hear about the group through word of mouth.

what are taxes precious

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Powershift posted:

And then there is Giant Tiger, which owns but looks exactly like that

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

bedazzler is praxis

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Rip scheer

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you're next justin

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

andey shear, a normal canadian guy just like your or me, we all just need some embezzlement in our lives to pay for our kids private schooling

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
let he who has not embezzled money to pay for private school cast the first stone

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

lol just this morning i was thinking about scheer quitting and pallister stepping up, please god no

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Hot drat some good news, one less neo-conservative to worry about.

That said, hell world requires Harris run for party leadership and win so lol.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I still have no clear mental picture of what Scheer looks like

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

angerbeet posted:

uncooked pizza dough harbouring incredible malice

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

angerbeet posted:

imagine a head with doughy pale face that ever so slightly is being drawn towards the tip of its nose from being pulled to quickly out of the rear end of Steven Harper

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

a face that could shoot its old faithful dog of 18 years and still have the same look on it as a photo on a real estate sign

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

I can't wait for Prime Minister Kenney.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

angerbeet posted:

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

he looks like he’s trying to convince you to buy an extended warranty.......because he actually believes in them

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

his soul is a tide pod

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

bad week for milk-track and white-bread-track conservative politicians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
he looks like a bi-way knockoff of pete buttigieg