Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
King of Dragon Pass also just added to play pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Are there any mobile games like bookworm adventure, without a time limit? I always found it much more satisfying to take my time and 1 hit stuff with a big word.

Would be great if bookworm adventure was on play store

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Anyone here play the quarry:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.dakror.quarry

Seems like a phone Factorio without IAPs, wondering if it's good.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I just started messing around with it. I enjoy it quite a bit, but I never played factorio so I can't speak to comparisons

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There appears to be a free, and ad free, civ clone called Unciv on the store now, seems p well done

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Rogue adventure has been having a ton of updates lately. 3 classes has been completely reworked. New enemies added and old enemies changed. And a bunch of card have had balance changes. So if you looking for a decent slay the spire clones that isn't a complete rip off check it out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.sharklab.rogueadventure

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Started playing Orna a few weeks ago. It is a GPS rpg type game kinda like Pokemon Go. We have a small kingdom set up if anyone wants in. I started a thread here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3905723

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=playorna.com.orna&hl=en_US

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Incessant Excess posted:

Anyone here play the quarry:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.dakror.quarry

Seems like a phone Factorio without IAPs, wondering if it's good.

Just picked this up. I'm stuck after getting the science lab - I can't figure out how to make it science anything.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Thanks for the recommendation for Death Race to Canada. Real charming and fun. My one complaint is that they don't let you exit and save in middle of a mission without deleting your game. I just feel there's no point to that. Every roguelike let's you do a suspend option.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Picked up Another Eden, I remember people discussing it in this thread. Anything I should know before going in? And probably obvious, but the only way to get that separate tier of pay currency is by shelling out cash, no other way?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollslegends/comments/e70lbu/an_update_on_the_elder_scrolls_legends/

Bethesda announced on The Elder Scrolls: Legends reddit page they're halting development of game. Which is a shame. I really liked it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Gotta peel off more staff to make additional microtransactions for Fallout 76.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Seriously how does a company like Bethesda gently caress up money printing machines like Mobile games? Oh wait...

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Morpheus posted:

Picked up Another Eden, I remember people discussing it in this thread. Anything I should know before going in? And probably obvious, but the only way to get that separate tier of pay currency is by shelling out cash, no other way?

I played through the first story and dropped it after about 5 months. You can treat it like a console JRPG and complete the story with free characters. I stopped playing because all the other content was SUPER grindy. Not sure if they changed things by now, but I pulled a bunch of 4* characters and each was going to take 4-5 months to get to 5*. Unfortunately, the high end content requires 5* because their stats are 20% higher. I quit when I did the math.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Man I have been obsessed with that unciv game. I absolutely wrecked the AI my first two games with a cultural victory. Then I upped the difficulty and tried to refine my strategy and now I can't seem to make my citizens happy for the life of me.

Even with a total focus on one or two cities with policies that make citizens happy and focusing on buildings that generate happiness. I also try to have every city have one luxury good. If I don't get a quick horse resource for circus then I just stall out. Anyone got any tips?

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

A couple months back I tried to sync my Google Survey Rewards app with my iPhone since I carry that to way more places than my tablet.

Long story short, my stupid self ended up resetting the account and lost about 8 bucks of credit. That's no big deal, but what bothers me is that since the reset, I haven't been given a single survey. Is my account marked as suspicious now? I'd be grateful for any advice you might offer.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is there a good way to check if a game has controller support? I got a Bluetooth controller for my Switch and it turns out it can do Android too.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

cirus posted:

I played through the first story and dropped it after about 5 months. You can treat it like a console JRPG and complete the story with free characters. I stopped playing because all the other content was SUPER grindy. Not sure if they changed things by now, but I pulled a bunch of 4* characters and each was going to take 4-5 months to get to 5*. Unfortunately, the high end content requires 5* because their stats are 20% higher. I quit when I did the math.

I don't know. I feel they're pretty generous with the free currency. So much that I've not paid one cent and have 11 of the 5* characters. Granted you might not get one Everytime, but it usually works out. Plus, the events last forever and you can complete them at your leisure. Plus at this point you don't necessarily have to grind for better weapons and armor if you don't want to. Progress enough in the game and you can get better weapons than the old grindy ones.

I'm having fun.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

tonytheshoes posted:

I've been having fun with this game StarBeard, sort of a twist on match 3, but with power ups, StS-style pathing, and quite a bit of strategy--sometimes the game is too hard for its own good, but it's still fun when you sort of solve a level. It's a pay-once, no IAP thing.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.LeviathanGames.StarBeard&hl=en_US

Holy poo poo am I loving this game. The challenge level feels high but when you think about it a solution often emerges. I somehow won my first few runthroughs without a loss and it felt very rewarding. Even still, most levels maintain that high degree of pressure and the various unlockable characters end up feeling a bit different. The rogue-lite aspect also prevents you from using the same skills each time. There are a handful of times I couldn't predict what a skill would do and there are sometimes when I feel like a match should have happened and it didn't (three glowing immovable slugs and one gained armor and it prevented a match up :( )

Fair warning: this consumed hours of my life when it clicked with me. Just one more level... what if I do... Just one more to Silverbeard this guy...

Great recommend of a one-time purchase match game. Thanks!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Alright, I have $5.44 in free googlebucks, a chunk of which is set to expire in a couple months. I already own KoDP, Mini Metro, 80 Days, Star Traders: Frontiers, and I beat literally everything there is to beat in Solitarica. Right now my current "quick, sit down and go for 10 mintues" poopgame is the F2P Homescapes, which is alright, but I like variety.

What can y'all recommend for quick games that aren't some clicker/idle thing and fit my budget, seeing as the OP is like 5 years old now?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I just grabbed the previously mentioned starbeard with my googlebux and it's been pretty fun so far. f2p My Turn has been OK but it's just PvP cards so not sure how long I'll last on that, it's free with IAP though so you can save your bux for something else.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

ShootaBoy posted:

Alright, I have $5.44 in free googlebucks, a chunk of which is set to expire in a couple months. I already own KoDP, Mini Metro, 80 Days, Star Traders: Frontiers, and I beat literally everything there is to beat in Solitarica. Right now my current "quick, sit down and go for 10 mintues" poopgame is the F2P Homescapes, which is alright, but I like variety.

What can y'all recommend for quick games that aren't some clicker/idle thing and fit my budget, seeing as the OP is like 5 years old now?

Card Thief is a great little game. Imagine the old Thief pc games, but on a small grid of cards. Awesome art and fun gameplay, all done in quick bursts. It's free, but for 3 bucks you can eliminate ads and unlock stuff like chest timers. It is well worth it.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I just started Another Eden and am really enjoying it. Its plot is basically knock off Chrono Trigger, but seeing as there's been no knock off CTs ever I'm down. Writing isn't too terrible and there's no anime fanservice... yet.

I think my favorite part is that you can play for a decent amount if your data gets cutoff and you don't lose progress. Which is a godsend for getting stuck in new york trains.

Plus there's a Persona 5 collab starting tommorow with a free Joker and Morgana.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Pretty hyped for the P5 collab coming tonight in Another Eden. Been playing since launch and love the fact I can take breaks in this game and not worry about missing limited events.

Them having a collab now with a big name looks promising for the future of this game as well as the global release nearly caught up to JP in content.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Thundercracker posted:

I just started Another Eden and am really enjoying it. Its plot is basically knock off Chrono Trigger, but seeing as there's been no knock off CTs ever I'm down. Writing isn't too terrible and there's no anime fanservice... yet.

I think my favorite part is that you can play for a decent amount if your data gets cutoff and you don't lose progress. Which is a godsend for getting stuck in new york trains.

Plus there's a Persona 5 collab starting tommorow with a free Joker and Morgana.

For the record, it was made by several Chrono Trigger creators so it's more of an homage than a direct rip-off. :)

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

No anime fanservice? I feel like we might be playing different games.

Also this is the censored version.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tagichatn posted:

Yeah, but you have to go out of your way to see that stuff. It's not right there in your face. So, while it's there, it's not blatant, like, say Anime Titty Dungeon.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Another Eden isn't compatible with my LG-G7. It is, however, compatible with my old LG-G6.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Just a note for anyone wrangling Another Eden, do NOT do a full install until you have everything sorted. The game is massive and takes ages and the downloader sometimes crashes right at the end of the basic install. On top of that if you import a save you need to install and THEN import, which for some bizarre reason includes redoing the install.

Once you are in game looking at your character (and having done any rerolls if you're going to care about that which I'll stress isn't mandatory for this game 4* units are fine for the main story and common enough, and it'll be a while before you get enough for even a single 10-pull), then you can download the rest of the data and only have to do it once.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Just a note for anyone wrangling Another Eden, do NOT do a full install until you have everything sorted. The game is massive and takes ages and the downloader sometimes crashes right at the end of the basic install. On top of that if you import a save you need to install and THEN import, which for some bizarre reason includes redoing the install.

Once you are in game looking at your character (and having done any rerolls if you're going to care about that which I'll stress isn't mandatory for this game 4* units are fine for the main story and common enough, and it'll be a while before you get enough for even a single 10-pull), then you can download the rest of the data and only have to do it once.

Oh dear, I got a new phone since playing last, but still have the same good play account.

Do I have to start over? I had a bunch of 5* people and stuff.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Black Desert Mobile is out, it's like a hybrid Black Desert Online and the Lineage 2 Mobile. I'm enjoying it more than the actual full version, it seems to introduce you to the game systems way better so it's not so overwhelming.

There a lot less titty, for better or worse.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Tagichatn posted:

LoL. I must've gotten lucky. I pulled 10x on the new banner and everyone was sensibly dressed. I was pleasantly surprised that every gacha chatacter gave a fully voiced introduction so they're not just no dimensional.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Black Desert Mobile is out, it's like a hybrid Black Desert Online and the Lineage 2 Mobile. I'm enjoying it more than the actual full version, it seems to introduce you to the game systems way better so it's not so overwhelming.

Does it have auto modes at all? I think it was Crusader Kings or some WOW clone a bunch of goons played a few years back that was a good mix of autoplay and manual stuff you could do.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

cage-free egghead posted:

Does it have auto modes at all? I think it was Crusader Kings or some WOW clone a bunch of goons played a few years back that was a good mix of autoplay and manual stuff you could do.

You have auto parthing to quest objectives and you unlock auto battle after a few hours. You can't auto against bosses the first time you fight them though. But after you complete the first area you also unlock the ability to have the game gather resources or fish while you're logged out.

The auto battle is way better at the game than I am.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

Saxophone posted:

Oh dear, I got a new phone since playing last, but still have the same good play account.

Do I have to start over? I had a bunch of 5* people and stuff.

They have a transfer ID that needs to be set up, but I think they've recovered peoples accounts base don purchase history.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
anyone have suggestions on which scumm(vm) games play best on 6" phones? (not using any external peripherals). or hell, are there any decent point n click android games in general?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
How is Bad North on phones? I've got funbux to spend.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Montalvo posted:

How is Bad North on phones? I've got funbux to spend.

I think your phone is going to be a factor in that equation.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Yeah I've started playing it and I think I'm enjoying it a lot more than the full game. There's still minutia but it's nowhere near as fiddly. Having played the full game I'm honestly surprised by how much it recreates it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Parachute posted:

anyone have suggestions on which scumm(vm) games play best on 6" phones? (not using any external peripherals). or hell, are there any decent point n click android games in general?

Not really a traditional point-n-click, but I had Backyard Baseball on my last phone after a bit of nostalgia and discovering it ran on ScummVM. It worked great, and I'm curious what other sports in the series would also play in ScummVM.

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 15, 2019