Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Shaffness posted:

Where's the best internet place to watch the results come in? I'd prefer something like the Monty Python silly party sketch if it can be managed.

the guardian's live blog for text
bbc news stream for video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

poty posted:

the guardian's live blog for text
bbc news stream for video

can you watch the bbc stream outside of the UK

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

mila kunis posted:

the lib dems have no principles or shame

they don't, but they do have some measure of survival instinct. if johnson loses his seat and the tories elect someone with less obvious leaver sympathies they might join up, but they absolutely cannot coalition with the conservative party in their present states

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

the lib dems genuinely can't coalition with johnson's tories. they're both single issue parties with opposite positions this go around, it'd make the perceived betrayal of the coalition look tame

(Hopefully not) a cursed post.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

the lib dems genuinely can't coalition with johnson's tories. they're both single issue parties with opposite positions this go around, it'd make the perceived betrayal of the coalition look tame

libdem scorpion and the frog but every time it stings a frog the next frog decides “this time will be different”

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

V. Illych L. posted:

they'll compromise for another referendum between either johnson's deal and no deal or something equally idiotic and lose it.

johnson would probably go if he doesn't get a majority anyway so jo; promising not to go into coalition with johnson's tories specifically is horseshit. i also don't think they have the spine - a whiff of power and they'll talk themselves into it imo.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

CoolCab posted:

they'll compromise for another referendum between either johnson's deal and no deal or something equally idiotic and lose it.

johnson would probably go if he doesn't get a majority anyway so jo; promising not to go into coalition with johnson's tories specifically is horseshit. i also don't think they have the spine - a whiff of power and they'll talk themselves into it imo.

if johnson goes all bets are off, but so long as he's running things i cannot see swinson coalitioning with the tories. i will toxx for this

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
In the even of a hung parliament the lib dems will 100% back the tories with confidence and supply

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

V. Illych L. posted:

if johnson goes all bets are off, but so long as he's running things i cannot see swinson coalitioning with the tories. i will toxx for this

fair enough. i suspect it's impossible for me to evaluate the lib dems on any kind of objective measure tbh

my mum thinks the inverse will happen - if jo; refuses to go into coalition someone will knife her and join that way.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

they don't, but they do have some measure of survival instinct. if johnson loses his seat and the tories elect someone with less obvious leaver sympathies they might join up, but they absolutely cannot coalition with the conservative party in their present states

they're relying on the british being an island of degenerate idiots with the memories of goldfish, given the fact that they're polling at 10+% despite what they did the last time they were in power

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

mila kunis posted:

can you watch the bbc stream outside of the UK

http://www.freeintertv.com/view/id-2328

this should work. the election show starts in 3 hours 40 mins

you also have an official sky news stream on youtube

poty has issued a correction as of 19:21 on Dec 12, 2019

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

fuckin huguenots

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

V. Illych L. posted:

They will absolutely join with them if its hung, 100%

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Tom Guycot posted:

They will absolutely join with them if its hung, 100%

then i get to donate to the lowtax spine fund. we'll see

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

lol remember when the lib dems were the party of students

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I'm most looking forward to corbyn's cat El Gato moving into Number 10 and staging an uprising against Larry and Palmerston the Downing Street cats

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Too busy at work to follow recent developments. Are the Brits at it again?

Neurophage
Oct 11, 2012
https://twitter.com/ChaosDave69/status/1205102621113094146

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

inconceivable that the lib dems might lie about their intentions in order to get political power

why wouldn't they vote for Brexit if it got them into a governing coalition. they did the exact same thing less than a decade ago and if the voters still give them enough seats to let them play kingmaker again then obviously voters are morons and there are zero consequences for betraying them

VitalSigns has issued a correction as of 19:43 on Dec 12, 2019

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
done a vote, looking forward to manning the compulsory hammer and sickle facial tattoo station in the morn

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Randler posted:

Too busy at work to follow recent developments. Are the Brits at it again?

They never really stopped

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
not having hope is p great

I'll sleep well tonight regardless what happens

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

stress eating wheat crunchies, briefly terrified myself by confusing kilajoules and calories.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

kecske posted:

I'm most looking forward to corbyn's cat El Gato moving into Number 10 and staging an uprising against Larry and Palmerston the Downing Street cats

I'm looking fwd to McDonnell refusing to occupy #11 and letting a homeless family move in there instead, as he proposed a few weeks back (not that I suppose Special Branch would allow it in a million years.)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
What will cause more lmaos

Boris or Corbyn?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Don't the Brits have some rich failson MP that looks like Mary Berry's wet dream who named his son like Septimus or some poo poo?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i really want to see the stupid libs who support bolivian coups and other bullshit to eat poo poo, corbyn would be such a repudiation of everything those people stand for

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

Boris or Corbyn?

both equally, just a different type of lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

Boris or Corbyn?

Corbyn winning, 100%

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
but if boris wins i can make fun of brits so its a wash really, a consolation lmao

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
regardless of what happens I hope the libdems eat poo poo and go away forever

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

Don't the Brits have some rich failson MP that looks like Mary Berry's wet dream who named his son like Septimus or some poo poo?

Jacob Rees-Mogg

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
being ruled by libs is worse than being ruled by the right, living under macron taught me that much (or at least its the same, but they're somehow more infuriating)

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

mila kunis posted:

regardless of what happens I hope the libdems eat poo poo and go away forever

shitlibs don't die easy friend

nazis sure you know who to punch, massive libs nah they're a bit slimier

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Vox Nihili posted:

Jacob Rees-Mogg

lol

Of course that's his name

Why hasn't one of the Oasis brothers punched him?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Jacob Rees-Mogg

Wife's name: Helena Anne Beatrix Wentworth Fitzwilliam de Chair

Children's names:

-Peter Theodore Alphege Rees-Mogg