Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Spoiler for the election results: Flash wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

loquacius posted:

What happens if the Tories win, but Boris loses his seat? Are you allowed to be the PM if you're not an MP?

Rees-Mogg shivs Boris in the back and takes over as leader of the Conservative party.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

should i drink now or save it for tomorrow morning?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Zoran posted:

British-American Landing Lane and Strategic Air Command

:golfclap:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

neutral milf hotel posted:

never before noticed jacob's wide hips

as a creature which seems to reproduce by asexually cloning itself, child-bearing hips seem necessary

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I'd settle for Labour not losing too much in loving hellworld.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mps can be voted out, but is there any recourse for our loving awful media?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Hillary 2020 posted:

Rees-Mogg shivs Boris in the back and takes over as leader of the Conservative party.

did you even stop to consider the fishfaced twat, otherwise known as gove, who has already tried this

been awful quiet of late...

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

An insane mind posted:

I'd settle for Labour not losing too much in loving hellworld.

i have a glimmer of hope that boris might of single handedly torpedoed the conservative party. I don't think any party in the history of british politics has actually put forward a clown as prime minister before. It was brave for the conservatives to do so but maybe britain just isn't ready for that yet.

hemale in pain has issued a correction as of 22:11 on Dec 12, 2019

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

foobardog posted:

One of the biggest misapprehensions in politics right now is that elections are won by appealing to a vast middle. That may have been true once, but with the increasing polarization (at least in the US, I assume it's the same in the UK). The truth is much more that it's about getting your respective base out.

Your base are the people who actually follow all this bullshit like us, and yell at their friends who don't really care to vote. That's the real way to win elections.

The flip side of that coin is trying to depress your opponent's vote. Getting your loyal troops to the polls and convincing your opponent's supporters to stay home. That's what politics has become.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

What the gently caress is this. Why do they look like this.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Heath posted:

They are English.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

hemale in pain posted:

i have a glimmer of hope that boris might of single handedly torpedoed the conservative party. I don't think any party in british politics has actually put forward a clown as prime minister. It was brave for the conservatives to do so but maybe britian just isn't ready for that yet.

nope.

gonna sink that hope right there, ripping off a bandaid style.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

lorn Wayne posted:

nope.

gonna sink that hope right there, ripping off a bandaid style.

ouch

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gravy Jones posted:

They're real and they dress like this... or at least one of them does. I think he's the oldest son, but he's wearing a suit or sportscoat in like every single photo, even when his siblings are in shorts and tshirts

that's not a child. that's a cutting from a plant or a bud from a polyp

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
what are the current paths to no deal brexit??? just bojo picking up mps?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

if you read frances weetman's mentions there are a bunch of jewish libs bemoaning the dreadful antisemonster Corbyn, and it got me to thinking: obviously this started as a transparent attempt to smear a genuinely left alternative, but by now surely some of its proponents believe it. libs are a stupid and credulous lot. it actually makes me really sad, some hopelessly dunderheaded middle aged lib mom working herself up into a frenzy of fear at the idea of Corbyn Camps. i'm not excusing it, not by any means! but it kind of bums me out to think that a lot of people who really want the world to be a better place are actively campaigning against the man who could do that because they've bought into a stupid conspiracy theory.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Labour getting in and enacting leveson 2

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

if you read frances weetman's mentions there are a bunch of jewish libs bemoaning the dreadful antisemonster Corbyn, and it got me to thinking: obviously this started as a transparent attempt to smear a genuinely left alternative, but by now surely some of its proponents believe it. libs are a stupid and credulous lot. it actually makes me really sad, some hopelessly dunderheaded middle aged lib mom working herself up into a frenzy of fear at the idea of Corbyn Camps. i'm not excusing it, not by any means! but it kind of bums me out to think that a lot of people who really want the world to be a better place are actively campaigning against the man who could do that because they've bought into a stupid conspiracy theory.

Someone called into LBC about this and James o Brian asked whether she meant he was going to do a holocaust because that's what Nazi comparisons mean lol

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Heath posted:

Rees-Mogg-Habsburg

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

lorn Wayne posted:

did you even stop to consider the fishfaced twat, otherwise known as gove, who has already tried this

been awful quiet of late...

Somewhere a locked fridge is making a muffled noise that sounds like "melp! melp!"

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

if i (an american) want to watch live exit poll results, where might i go to find that online??

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

hemale in pain posted:

should i drink now or save it for tomorrow morning?

consider tactical drinking

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Jose posted:

Someone without a fiscal interest in the papers gets in and enacts Leveson 2

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

foobardog posted:

One of the biggest misapprehensions in politics right now is that elections are won by appealing to a vast middle. That may have been true once, but with the increasing polarization (at least in the US, I assume it's the same in the UK). The truth is much more that it's about getting your respective base out.

Your base are the people who actually follow all this bullshit like us, and yell at their friends who don't really care to vote. That's the real way to win elections.

I'd argue that the trend has been for parties to appeal to a tiny middle of semi-mythical swing voters. Both sides had a solid base they could rely on and it was all about swinging a small number of politically engaged people from one side to the other with bland focus group-tested policies. Centrist politics was boring and had no vision. It didn't attempt to engage with the biggest voting bloc - people who don't vote.

What's happening with the Proper Boy, and with Bernie, is that they have vision and a message that appeals to the young, the poor, the disenfranchised - the people who traditionally don't vote and who were regarded as irrelevant by centrist politics wonks.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

if i (an american) want to watch live exit poll results, where might i go to find that online??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3RQWEziIKw

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Jose posted:

Labour getting in and enacting leveson 2

good

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Addamere posted:

yall brexit yet

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

patience friend

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

lmbo Bercow's on Sky News election broadcast

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Al! posted:

what are the current paths to no deal brexit???

*unfolds enormous complicated brexit pathways chart*

the odds are, uh... brexit

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Grenfell Bullingdon Trivago Skilswallet Rees-Mogg

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

lemme stop you right there, because liberals do not want the world to be a better place

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

im sure people will post it here

lol if you get your news from anywhere except cspam

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

twoday posted:

*unfolds enormous complicated brexit pathways chart*

the odds are, uh... brexit

oh i see this is a t2: judgement day scenario

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Sky, once the blackout is lifted at 10pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Auq9mYxFEE

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
the results got leaked

https://twitter.com/dogphoenixwp/status/1205165844038373376

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

BMX Ninja posted:

I'd argue that the trend has been for parties to appeal to a tiny middle of semi-mythical swing voters. Both sides had a solid base they could rely on and it was all about swinging a small number of politically engaged people from one side to the other with bland focus group-tested policies. Centrist politics was boring and had no vision. It didn't attempt to engage with the biggest voting bloc - people who don't vote.

What's happening with the Proper Boy, and with Bernie, is that they have vision and a message that appeals to the young, the poor, the disenfranchised - the people who traditionally don't vote and who were regarded as irrelevant by centrist politics wonks.

I don't know what voter suppression looks like in Britain but corbyn has fewer structural hurdles to overcome at least, in that sense. no rampant voter suppression in places where poor people might vote for him, no gerrymandered districts, the media is kind of a toss-up between Britain and the US.

corbyn also has more power as PM of a ruling party to enact a pretty radical legislative agenda right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

my way of mentally coping with a labour loss right now, in a positive way, would be going back to hooting and hollering for scotland to leave