Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i dont listen to it but i do think there's an overlap with those crowds, to the point i kept thinking they were the same podcast, and explains maybe why a lot of its fans went and charged up the corpse strewn "its just a joke" hill to meet an ignoble demise
There was real solidarity with FYAD on the basis of repeating jokes ad nauseum and getting angry when someone points out how funny it isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lastgirl posted:

Ya im not naming names because im not trying to gossip or make drama, just framing a context as to why there was a slapfight in QCS constantly and the bottomfeeder QCS people weren't helping which is why there were several goddamn QCS threads to get to the bottom of it before this insane for real drama. LK is a good egg and c-spam seems to have warmed up or don't care anymore because earlier because he would probate posts there that were out of context to the culture as a d&d mod so you can see why the QCS threads started cropping up (he wasn't the source of the problem) because it had been unheard of to do that until moderation changed hands. It was literally an unspoken rule about boundaries between the forums before then, and I guess it's now spoken.

I'll name names, IDGAF, lightning knight is the only mod who should be allowed to mod cspam until we find permanent ones of our own

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i dont listen to it but i do think there's an overlap with those crowds, to the point i kept thinking they were the same podcast, and explains maybe why a lot of its fans went and charged up the corpse strewn "its just a joke" hill to meet an ignoble demise

yeah theres a lot of overlap, and the hosts of both podcasts are friends in real life, they all live in nyc. nick mullen used to be roommates with amber from chapo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

raenir saleazar or however you spell their name reported me for "Death threats" after i said i was gonna break a folding chair over their head

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Alaois posted:

raenir saleazar or however you spell their name reported me for "Death threats" after i said i was gonna break a folding chair over their head

That guy sucks. I think he said dumb poo poo the last time contrapoints drama happened and that's why I hTe him

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'll name names, IDGAF, lightning knight is the only mod who should be allowed to mod cspam until we find permanent ones of our own

lol

sorry if i derailed btw, people were asking about c-spam so i thought i'd try to illuminate from a limited human perspective to the best i can, neutrally~

i feel like this current saga...won't end for a while and its gonna suck until it gets better?

also fwiw, podcasts are kind of stupid because most people parrot or confirmation bias or double down so its pretty lazy signaling and masturbatory imo, there is a chapo thread in c-spam iirc but only a specific niche posts there, everyone else is happy to shitpost but yes, the cumtown people are definitely the ones who want to be edgier as evidenced by that mass probation. that's fine, but don't think that your comedy is better because it's not compared to the stupid goofy shitposting that goes on is the only issue I have with podcasts and the cult-like fanbase mentality around them. Even if they're lefty, its still just insipid pop culture pablum because we're consumerists and we behave like consumerists towards these products as its wrapped in an idea.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Alaois posted:

Civility people will be arguing with someone going "I'm going to drop from the heavens and land right on your nuts" and just go "Uh, ad hominem much? Learn to preoperly debate next time"

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Lastgirl posted:

its true :o: we're just catchphrase: the forum

"what you're saying right now? ya its extremely
"smoothbrained", "piss tape is real", "Low prices to you on this wonderful day!", "snart helg" "unreasonable helgefølelse", "imagine the smell", a bunch of stupid trumpisms we like to mock relentlessly, and variations of "gently caress pepsi" "you are a simple pepsi brother" "baby flavored pepsi"

Uh, you forgot trump thread faves:
"TRUMO"
"TUP"
"TRMPU"
"TARP"

and my fave:

"DooDoo Turdl"

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Alaois posted:

your twitter career is over mieeeee-stir kennedy

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I mainly post in C-Spam and I still don't know what praxis means. And I will never learn. Learning is an admission of fault and imperfection, and I am perfect. Therefore, I have no need to learn; I can not be made more perfect by understanding what other posters are talking about.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

One More Fat Nerd posted:

"TRUMO"
"TUP"
"TRMPU"
"TARP"

and my fave:

"DooDoo Turdl"

The last one made me laugh, not going to lie.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Lastgirl posted:

lol

sorry if i derailed btw, people were asking about c-spam so i thought i'd try to illuminate from a limited human perspective to the best i can, neutrally~

i feel like this current saga...won't end for a while and its gonna suck until it gets better?

also fwiw, podcasts are kind of stupid because most people parrot or confirmation bias or double down so its pretty lazy signaling and masturbatory imo, there is a chapo thread in c-spam iirc but only a specific niche posts there, everyone else is happy to shitpost but yes, the cumtown people are definitely the ones who want to be edgier as evidenced by that mass probation. that's fine, but don't think that your comedy is better because it's not compared to the stupid goofy shitposting that goes on is the only issue I have with podcasts and the cult-like fanbase mentality around them. Even if they're lefty, its still just insipid pop culture pablum because we're consumerists and we behave like consumerists towards these products as its wrapped in an idea.

cumtown fans try their hardest to ape the humor of the show but they're really bad at it. just (don't) have a look at the subreddit, it's really bad

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Gone Fashing posted:

cumtown fans try their hardest to ape the humor of the show but they're really bad at it. just (don't) have a look at the subreddit, it's really bad

never ever look at any fan subreddit

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

"TRUMO"
"TUP"
"TRMPU"
"TARP"

and my fave:

"DooDoo Turdl"

tup is really good

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That guy sucks. I think he said dumb poo poo the last time contrapoints drama happened and that's why I hTe him
they say dumb poo poo every single time anyone with an audience is criticised.

also any time a movie is criticised.

and any time they post.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

and my fave:

"DooDoo Turdl"

work of art, i am moved to tears

btw c-spam's nickname for John McCain is Gone McBrain, if you wanna admire the venus de milo of insults. (he was a very bad person who hurt lots of people)

cumshitter posted:

I mainly post in C-Spam and I still don't know what praxis means. And I will never learn. Learning is an admission of fault and imperfection, and I am perfect. Therefore, I have no need to learn; I can not be made more perfect by understanding what other posters are talking about.

my cup is full and runneth over, im like sooooo smart perhaps the smartest from the standpoint of cerebral stimulation

https://twitter.com/PierreMenard/status/1199109323802234885

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

the venn diagram of cum town fans and reactionary stupidpol bigots is almost a circle with a handful of severely irony poisoned but empathetic people outside the latter category

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Tiler Kiwi posted:

never ever look at any reddit

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Tiler Kiwi posted:

never ever look at any fan subreddit

yeah pretty much

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
because QCS is currently closed, no one can report technical issues, such as the current slow page loads and 500 errors, so uhhh doing it here

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

MisterOblivious posted:

It was obvious what Twisty was doing, and why, and it was incredibly tedious.

If you went into AI and started asking what the spinny black things were called, what makes them spin, what are those pedals on the ground for, what's that big wheel thingy inside do the AI folks would probably get annoyed at you.

I think pretending to be naive is a rather boring troll, but I guess the rest of SA really ate it up.

I think they were good and honest chicken questions.

lol I guess they weren't a mod.... its better than i remembered

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Lastgirl posted:

work of art, i am moved to tears

I can't take credit, it was in some trump thread meme, i think it was like "virgin uspol vs. Chad trump thread" and the virgin side was all coherent statements and the chad was just tups and trpmos.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

a three page thread about the most effective way to beat the poo poo out of feral hordes of wild dogs with hammers and baseball bats in the pet forum. i love sa

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
look if you had to deal with 40-50 feral dogs every time you took your dog for a walk you would carry an assault rifle too

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

a three page thread about the most effective way to beat the poo poo out of feral hordes of wild dogs with hammers and baseball bats in the pet forum. i love sa

look when 30-50 bad posters come after my kids in 5 minutes, I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO PROTECT THEM FROM TRANSPHOBES

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
nice

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Tiler Kiwi posted:

also first time i was exposed to pet island there was a mod (i think) going off the rails about how trying to breed a less "gamey" pitbull would be ruining the breed

Yeah, this was definitely a thing when I first lurked Pet Island: very vocal posting about how aggression against other dogs was a fundamental part of the pit bull breed and needed to be maintained as a breed standard, with little or no acknowledgment of why people looking for companion animals might want less aggressive dogs. (I don't remember what the purpose of pit bulls as a breed was supposed to be in this worldview; I don't think anyone was actually a dogfighting advocate. Just really crazy high-maintenance pets?)

This was also the period that I learned that apparently spaying/neutering dogs is controversial in some circles, because IIRC the lead Pit Person had an unneutered male pit because of Opinions.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
From the second page of the feral dog thread:

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Tashilicious posted:

weapon brown was the inciting incident of this weeks leper colony. illy to death ray to fyad

I know, that's why I'm sure hearing that they triggered a mass banning of transphobes would piss them off.

lol chrome doesn't recognize transphobe as a word.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, this was definitely a thing when I first lurked Pet Island: very vocal posting about how aggression against other dogs was a fundamental part of the pit bull breed and needed to be maintained as a breed standard, with little or no acknowledgment of why people looking for companion animals might want less aggressive dogs. (I don't remember what the purpose of pit bulls as a breed was supposed to be in this worldview; I don't think anyone was actually a dogfighting advocate. Just really crazy high-maintenance pets?)

This was also the period that I learned that apparently spaying/neutering dogs is controversial in some circles, because IIRC the lead Pit Person had an unneutered male pit because of Opinions.

Wow I thought this was an exaggeration but uh yeah.

Supercondescending posted:

I will never in my life own a pit that was not bred for being DA as gently caress and directly out of game lines(my recent puppy is a gen removed from a game breeding, so his parents are game bred, but he is not because they are used for hunting and nothing else) and I pretty much feel like anyone who has opinions about pits being unsuitable for the average owner should just...not get one and not tell the average owner to get one. We tell average people not to own border collies because the drives they are bred for conflict with what the average owner wants and can handle in a dog- when it comes to pits, at LEAST admit that you don't understand the way game dogs work and the way pit fighting works (hint: michael vick knew nothing about pits or pit dogs and was not a dog man) and just say you find the practice repugnant and leave it at that. This discussion occurs a couple of times a year in pet island and both sides have made up their minds and it isn't going to change, we all might as well go jerk off over old bully thread debates because this is so boring.

I am fine with all the shelter pits being euthed if adopters can't deal with their drives. I am NOT fine with those drives being bred out of them to make them more suitable for the average owner to own them, just like everyone feels about every working breed ever. Deleting DA isn't going to solve the problem of poo poo ownership and over breeding.

Here is where people yell about how offensive dog fighting is without having any idea about how it's meant to work- im gonna be over here having a party with my DA as gently caress working pits (who live with each other and other animals just fine, in spite of being DA!) while circle jerking w/ myself over their obnoxious gamedog ~pedigrees~

When the loud fur and showmoms win, I'll kiss my last game-line pit and lower him into the earth like a rare, extinct flower and then go buy some american bulldogs and staffies. ~rip~

edit: i become bad at grammar when I yell about pit bulls

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

It is kind of weird how PI had (has?) a strong almost-but-not-quite-outloud pro dog fighting voice in it for a long time that no one really challenged. I only really read the birb and cat threads in there these days though.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Werong Bustope posted:

It is kind of weird how PI had (has?) a strong almost-but-not-quite-outloud pro dog fighting voice in it for a long time that no one really challenged. I only really read the birb and cat threads in there these days though.

The aquarium thread is cool and good and depressing.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
Am I reading that right? is that dude endorsing dog fighting in that post

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Okay, so apparently I misremembered the "nobody was a dogfighting advocate" bit. Christ on a bike.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Tardcore posted:

Am I reading that right? is that dude endorsing dog fighting in that post

You read it right.

I hope that post has a perma attached to it.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I don't know how PI is now, but yeah, it was absolutely bonkers when I frequented there. I mostly just read the yappy rat dog thread at the time, because well....my dog is a yappy rat dog. Went to poke my head about the rest of the place and :stare:

ETA: It's good to know the Dog Hammerer is still crazycakes, though.

AngryRobotsInc has a new favorite as of 00:08 on Dec 13, 2019

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

No, super eventually got perma'd by Lowtax for insulting Lady Ambien about her pitbulls iirc. She was one of the PI star posters for a long time and mostly the authority on pitbulls in there I guess.

Edit: oh she got unperma'd at some point I think

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

One of the best reads in Heavy Petting is the Foster Care thread, particularly if you just read the OP's posts for the very up-and-down emotional story of Butterscotch.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The bird thread is excellent. The rabbit thread is slow but people post adorable pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Werong Bustope posted:

No, super eventually got perma'd by Lowtax for insulting Lady Ambien about her pitbulls iirc.

lmao