Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Corbyn ran a terrible campaign, just like he did in 2017 and the EU referendum because he's selfish and can't campaign outside of his hardcore followers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
If this exit poll is correct, then my sense that Corbyn’s triangulation was only going to end up pissing everyone off on all sides seems to have been correct. Momentumite Labour is pretty much finished at this stage, and I think even if people like Piddock and Rayner keep their seats, they’re not going to be well placed to take over from Corbyn, who I expect will be gone by tomorrow morning. Holy gently caress this is even worse than I was expecting.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
No easy way out now. Can't win an election, doesn't serve any purpose to elect a poo poo-house red tory as leader, just tax cuts and austerity and wealth concentration forever.

Private Witt
Feb 21, 2019
Corbyn has led the Labour party right off a cliff.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Mu. posted:

It is hard not to conclude that 2017 was the last free and fair election we will ever have in this country.

Even that wasn't fair, but you're right. This election has been utterly rigged in favour of the Tories, and there's nothing we can do about it because they control everything. I am devastated

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Welp, Britain hosed it again. Glad to have a passport that gets me out of here once needed.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Chuka Umana posted:

Oh yea cuz the Republic of Ireland is so much better. Totally not a vassal state for loving Brussels and Frankfurt.

it's actually better in basically every way, gently caress off

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Brexit?? No corbyn. Corbyn must go!

no bexit! only corbyn!!!

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
I look forward to watching the Union collapse under BoJo and the North re-joining Ireland.

Sorry you guys have to deal with entering the next decade under Tories.

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
jeeeeeeeeeesus fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Jess Phillips is going to be the next party leader.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

suck my woke dick posted:

Welp, Britain hosed it again. Glad to have a passport that gets me out of here once needed.

Where you off to?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Weasling Weasel posted:

No easy way out now. Can't win an election, doesn't serve any purpose to elect a poo poo-house red tory as leader, just tax cuts and austerity and wealth concentration forever.

Wait 20 years for the olds to die.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1205251536374444032?s=20

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Private Witt posted:

And the worst part is i'm not bloody sure how. Hollow promises?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
honestly the only way out of this is burning down the headquarters of The Sun and the Mail

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Why have a bunch of shitheads turned up in this thread?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

so which communist party should i join tomorrow?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Azza Bamboo posted:

"The exit poll features 65 seats that are considered too close to call"

So even if they all break Labour there's still a oval office majority

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

Britain Elects just tweeted that the exit poll contains 65 seats as 'too close to call'.

Whether it's worth instilling hope, I don't know.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

They are bullshitting like crazy, Jesus Christ.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Private Witt posted:

Last election was a historically amazing result and the votes aren't in on this one yet, and even if the exit poll is accurate we're still gonna keep fighting for decency so gently caress off with this.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Chuka Umana posted:

Oh yea cuz the Republic of Ireland is so much better. Totally not a vassal state for loving Brussels and Frankfurt.

Is this real. Sure our government are wannabe Tories, but we have a decent electoral system so we can actually vote in alternatives without FPTP bullshit splitting the vote so a minority can maintain power.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

oxford_town posted:

given the possible outcome now, is it rational to imply that the electorate should have been offered a more radical manifesto?

No, you're right, we should have offered the electorate "like the Tories but slightly less cruel", that'll be good.

We need to keep moving the Overton window back to the left. It's all we can do. Giving up is not an option.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Corbyn will soon be playing his "but...but I'm not the establishment!!!" and refusing to accept that he's been a terrible leader of Labour. Cameron and May werre at least politicans who ruined themselves with austerity and Brexit, Johnson is just a wrecking ball of spite.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

African AIDS cum posted:

Here in Horsforth everyone I heard talking today voted tory hmm

Had a quip with Lord Molesworth-Houghton at Thrumpton Castle, located between Middle Fritham and South Thoresby, and he said something about Brexit being the most important meal of the day so I guess he voted Tory as well.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So what, those seats were just allocated to the Tories for shits and giggles?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

we just gonna all have to step up and kill more olds

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pastamania
Mar 5, 2012

You cannot know.
The things I've seen.
The things I've done.
The things he made me do.

Zakutambah posted:

It -is- the Australian election all over again.
You run yourself ragged trying to educate, trying to keep on top of the lies, the spin. You have an incumbent that's run the country into the ground, has no vision for the future. And the fuckin' dickheads still just hand over to them carte blanche to do it all over again.
I don't get it.

The trick to politics is that it's just a cult of personality. There's, like, a whole song about it and everything.

Corbyn spent his whole life being right about important things. Boris spent his whole life training to be on Have I Got News for You. Clinton spent her whole life learning the intricacies of law and politics, Trump spent most of his life mugging ever-more-desperately to camera because his parents didn't love him. Turns out, the latter is the more important skill. For whatever else you can say about Blair, he got _that_ aspect of it.

Corbyn has the right policies, but if anything should be clear after the last 10 years it's that they sure as gently caress don't matter.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

stev posted:

Why have a bunch of shitheads turned up in this thread?

There is always a huge amount of cowards who aren't normally willing to defend their views but when disaster strikes will pile-in to expound on how they alone glimpsed the realpolitik and their perfect crystalline Kwisatz Haderach vision has been vindicated.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

African AIDS cum posted:

Here in Horsforth everyone I heard talking today voted tory hmm

Oh gently caress off you oval office

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

All y'all tory jackals coming out of the woodwork to gloat can gently caress off.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

They are bullshitting like crazy, Jesus Christ.

Even if half of those go our way it's still a Tory majority

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

No, you're right, we should have offered the electorate "like the Tories but slightly less cruel", that'll be good.

We need to keep moving the Overton window back to the left. It's all we can do. Giving up is not an option.

That's a fair thought. The campaign Johnson ran on is still a better one than the one May did. Whether he'll actually fulfil any of his promises is questionable at best, but austerity is ending nonetheless.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

ephex posted:

Had a quip with Lord Molesworth-Houghton at Thrumpton Castle, located between Middle Fritham and South Thoresby, and he said something about Brexit being the most important meal of the day so I guess he voted Tory as well.

Class

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I’m kinda glad I live under fascism at least I can say we didn’t choose it as I boil to death. I hate life. I hate being alive in this earth. I hate caring about other people. I hate loving to learn or the truth or anything like that. There’s no point.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Tenebrais posted:

That's a fair thought. The campaign Johnson ran on is still a better one than the one May did. Whether he'll actually fulfil any of his promises is questionable at best, but austerity is ending nonetheless.

Hahahahahaha. Austerity is here forever

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Rarity posted:

Oh gently caress off you oval office

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I hope that in a few hours we're looking back at how hilariously out the exit poll was.

I don't understand how this could have happened though, with all the energy and power we had? All those queues of young people at polling centers?

If the Tories win this big my family will definitely be decamping to Ireland, they're not exactly a million miles better but at least it's not... this. I know we should stay and fight but we're disabled, we can't survive in this country with another five years of full-scale Tories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I like how Andrew Neil is all "I don't think you can say it's about brexit!!!" but their constituency stats have a prominent leave/remain bit