Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Blyth Valley had a Labour majority of 7,915 and if it falls, or even is close, it's a clear sign of a landslide coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Again it is entirely possible for the national vote share to be quite accurate but due to the way the votes are distributed, with tories going up in labour marginals and labour going up in tory strongholds, it being a massive loss for labour, and marginal-specific constituency polling would show this better than a national vote share extrapolated via haruspicy.

parliamentary district first-past-the-post is a completely shitheaded system, jesus loving christ

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010

HidaO-Win posted:

Sorry for this UK Goons.

Just gonna get ready for some unpleasantness down the road. United Ireland back on the table probably.
There's part of me that wouldn't mind Scotland and Ireland doing their own thing, after all they didn't vote for this mess. It will however gently caress the rest of us in England for all eternity.

Reaganomicon
Jan 31, 2004

Flush please

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

HidaO-Win posted:

Sorry for this UK Goons.

Just gonna get ready for some unpleasantness down the road. United Ireland back on the table probably.

I'm Irish and we could of waited longer, its a bit poo poo to get our country back at the expense of another's.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
The left aren’t going to win an election in the UK/US/AU in my lifetime. The Labour/Democrats/Labor party may, but only by shifting even further right to be unrecognisable and kissing the Murdoch ring

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Watching Sky and both Cleverly and Raab really aren't crowing very much. They keep saying "it's just a poll, we'll see" - not what I expected at all.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
hahahahahahaha

wretched country

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It doesn't seem like the center left in the UK is as angered by Johnson as it is in the US by Trump.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
exit poll seems to point toward the most absurd possible outcome, with boris johnson and jo swinson both losing their seats despite a tory majority forming

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Sleep now, worry about tomorrow tomorrow

i had a power nap i am cool for like another hour or so

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
i guess i can get some catharsis in all you britnats clamouring to escape to scotland

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Yes but we all know he is, everyone knows he is, and no-one cares. This is the new normal. They can do whatever they want.

This is what kills me. He literally hid in a fridge to avoid any short of scrutiny on his vision. He has nothing to offer.
But he's now going to be remembered as the leader of one of the most successful tory campaigns in history if these numbers hold.
And all that's going to do, is have opposition strategists now adopting the same.
Politics has become so very, very hosed.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

TTerrible posted:

Watching Sky and both Cleverly and Raab really aren't crowing very much. They keep saying "it's just a poll, we'll see" - not what I expected at all.

Remember that clip of Stephen Kinnock's wife in 2017, yelling at him to not say anything yet because he doesn't actually know anything yet? They're all thinking like that.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Venuz Patrol posted:

exit poll seems to point toward the most absurd possible outcome, with boris johnson and jo swinson both losing their seats despite a tory majority forming

I would almost be worth it if those cunts lose their seats

Slake Fistcrunch
Feb 16, 2011

What size skull-dome do you wear?
bbc have ashfield at 90 odd percent to flip tory

i don't drink but jesus christ i want to right now

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They're recounting Blyth loving valley.

Blyth valley

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

gilljoy posted:

As someone who lives in Belfast. gently caress me we are super hosed now

I am most worried for you guys. The biggest challenge will be trying to find some accommodation that keeps Northern Ireland from turning back to the 1970s.

Keep safe.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

JerikTelorian posted:

I'm sorry UK Goons. Please take care of yourselves.

I suspect this is also a hint of what we should expect in the US next year.

Hope is not a lie. If you feel gutpunched right now that's good because it means you still care enough to hope. Apathetic acceptance of hellworld timeline is when you know you've actually lost, and the reaction of this thread to the exit polls prove we are not lost.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

mcmagic posted:

It doesn't seem like the center left in the UK is as angered by Johnson as it is in the US by Trump.

He's a toff and the English loving love a good toff

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
Blyth Valley doing a re-count. Exit poll probably correct.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

denial
---- UKMT is approximately here somewhere ----
anger
bargaining
depression
acceptance

Which is not to say "give up" but this thread is going to be a lot of people venting a lot of spleens for awhile, "don't give up" is the message after we've hit the depression/acceptance point

until then, tories delenda est

There's a lot of "bargaining" going on with people talking about exit poll methodologies.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Slake Fistcrunch posted:

i don't drink but jesus christ i want to right now

loving mood.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Pistol_Pete posted:

This is what the 1980's must've felt like when Thatcher kept getting elected.

It is. We couldn't believe it then either. (Pending real results confirming exit poll ofc).

This is not the end. This is a temporary set back. The struggle never rests. Be kind to yourselves and each other, help others out if you can, don't beat yourself up if you can't.
If (when) the government ceases to care about the welfare of you or yours focus on self-sufficiency (but never fail to demand what little they grudgingly say you are entitled to), create networks (keep in touch with the new comrades met on the campaign trail!) for mutual aid, remain humane it's what marks you out as different from the Tory scum.

Angela Davis posted:

You have to act as if it were possible to radically transform the world. And you have to do it all the time.
You are not alone, you are merely outnumbered. Kick against the pricks.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Venuz Patrol posted:

A small beacon of light in a pit of darkness.

No More Toast
May 11, 2013

Atheist! Imperialist!!

I thought it would be bad but... not this bad.Even if the exit polls are wrong they won't be that wrong.

I should probably sleep. I don't know what the next steps are.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
I don't know if I can deal with this. Thank you for your explanations.
Peace and love to all in this thread.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

gilljoy posted:

As someone who lives in Belfast. gently caress me we are super hosed now

My sister moved there a few years ago, she was crying down the phone at the thought of what might happen a few days ago, I dread to think what she'll be like now.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
And I hope that you die
And your death will come soon
I'll follow your casket
By the pale afternoon
And I'll watch while you're lowered
Down to your deathbed
And I'll stand over your grave
'Til I'm sure that you're dead

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I’m trying to stay strong. For the first time i’m planning to look for voluntary stuff for helping the homeless in this area, who are literally being left to die. And I kinda calm down.

And then I remember the NHS is likely to be gone in a few years. And I lose it. In a few years time I might be paying hundreds for medication. Hundreds I don’t have. And I don’t have it that bad. But it’s enough that what little comfort I had on this terrible island is now gone. In a few years I might be left to just die from a treatable disease, or at best just be put into a debt I cannot hope to pay off.

So I guess that’s the new fight now. Wait for their plans to commence and then commit to civil disorder and protest. One has to hope that the destruction of the NHS will cause riots. It’s the only thing left now. However unlikely.

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america

OwlFancier posted:

I think I went directly from depression to acceptance in the span of about 45 minutes.

from my american perspective, that's pretty good. took me about 3 days post-Trump.

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

gently caress this country. I spent my childhood surrounded by inbred Tories who thought they were better than everyone because they had a couple of quid to rub together, and now those people are running the country for the foreseeable future.

Snapped at a Tory earlier and called him nonce supporting wall fodder.

I'm out of this country next year and I don't think I will come back. What kind of loving country dangles hope in front of your collective faces only to snatch it away? It's happened every time I've had hope in my loving life.

Consider me radicalised.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

OwlFancier posted:

I think I went directly from depression to acceptance in the span of about 45 minutes.

Same, I think I was expecting this really, there's something really wrong with the Midlands

gilljoy
May 3, 2009

Marmaduke! posted:

My sister moved there a few years ago, she was crying down the phone at the thought of what might happen a few days ago, I dread to think what she'll be like now.

It really depends on a the rumoured assembly election, I recon if the nationalist parties get a majority there'll be a push for a border poll.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It's the exact same methodology and constituencies as they polled last time.

wasn't there talk of *mutes mark francois* a new per-constituency predictor though?
like do they usually have this tool?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Jesus christ...

Stay safe UK (rip) goons

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
We need a totally new strategy

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Exit poll suggesting Hartlepool and loving Sedgefield will go Tory. 6-7k majorities there. The loving hologram that is David Morris of Morecambe and Lunesdale is at 99% to keep his seat. This is a disaster unless it's the worst exit poll in history several times over.

The only silver lining is that my MP, Cat Smith of Lancaster and Fleetwood, is predicted to hold, with the barely-existent Tory campaign only given an 11% chance.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I had a feeling this would happen. This is gonna suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3DBlast
Oct 9, 2012
Lurker here, love and hugs to everyone in the thread. We will come back from this.