Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Got the stuff almost ready to go, just waiting on some stickers. Since i'm done early this year maybe i'll wrap some of this stuff up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

1 of 2 complete

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

What is the etiquette for sharing your santee's address when having something made by a 3rd party that is NOT Amazon?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
took this picture of one of my cats this morning

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I got something in the mail. I haven’t opened it yet.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
I have no idea if the dealio I sent counts as a dealio sent. The fermented fish is going to be a total bust, customs took my second try and emailed me a stern letter

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
sned the letter

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
It's got my Korean national ID on it

(It's doxx)

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 12, 2019

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
oh yeah just a pro tip: don't send meat to the USA or it probably won't make it. Global Entry yelled at me last year for having some macau jerky in my carry-on

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

found the bulk of my gift. just need to find some computer trash around the house to pack with it

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Having trouble picking between two gift ideas.

One is booze and one is based on some post from some time ago. Have a goon idea for the booze but the other gift based on one post doesn't really lend to modification.

Any advice?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

which one is funnier

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

the booze idea is the only one with any chance at being funny

i am terminally unfunny online.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I am neither funny nor clever

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Silver Alicorn posted:

I am neither funny nor clever

hell, :same:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
open the stuff S-A :)

btw part 2 is on its way

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i have mailed a box of things to someone

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

despite how terrible my pt.1 (of 2) gift is, I still hope it hasn't been pilfered by pirates

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

I have sent part 1 of 2 today. Still waiting on the second gift

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I have received two wonderful things and will post pics when I'm able! I got the last bit of my gift today and plan to ship at work next week.

I sure do love Yosmas! Hail Satan!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
should be picking up teh stupid part of my gift this week so i can mail stuff out

love to try to get poo poo thru customs

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i have 80% of my gift here but i need to go to the store to get a box to ship it in :negative:

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

just lol if you don't have a random assortment of amazon and newegg boxes laying around to use

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

I got my gift from Optimus_Rhyme and I am pretty stunned! Thank you very much.

Buckle up because this is a journey.

So right here I already recognize the distinct cover of "The Legend of the 10 Elemental Masters". Mrs Syntaxrigger watched me open the box and enforced the rules of the envelopes because I was excited to see what else was in the box.

Contents of the first envelope. That card had me legit nostalgic. My wife also loved it. These stickers are dope as hell. Did you really go to defcon? I both want to put them on everything, and am afraid to use them. A dilemma I find with most cool things that are one time uses.

Still eager to see what is in the box and also wrapped up in the nostalgia of these card graphics. Wait what did that say?!? ...is that... never mind lets see what else is in the box!

There she is! A legit piece of internet history right there. I never grabbed a copy, not sure if I'll be able to get through it but I know I won't be getting rid of it. Thank you!

Some slick stickers and legit Hackers prop ID card. That is pretty rad! Wonder who's sig that is

I often wonder if I would enjoy my career more if I went down the system admin/pen testing route rather than the programming route. Then I remember that a lot of system admins I know of are alcoholics and I am a paranoid enough dude as it is so maybe it was for the best. Still excited to see what is in this hacker quarterly zine.

Never read this book but it seems neat. Trying to disconnect from the internet more often and read more so this will definitely get a look see.

Lol This is pretty funny. This game sounds vaguely familiar. I may have to add my own swamp man clan to the list, nothing else feels like it fits. Maybe vacation dad. Rules are pretty concise now just to find friends to play with :smith:

Wait...what is this? Wait a minute.....what did I read before?

Well gently caress me....
:goonsay: CrashOverride/ZeroCool said that when AcidBurn booted him out of OTV.

That winamp skin lol

This thing has a ton of cyberpunk games and songs from ALL of the hackers soundtracks AND a "legit" windows 95 install that I have yet to boot. That was my legit first OS until I installed Crusader No Regret and somehow borked the family computer. I was banned from it for a while. That computer was a pretty big purchase for us heh. This thing is like a nostalgia bomb and I love it :swoon: I am flirting with the idea of doing some sort of lets play of the games on it but in some sort of 80s/90s way. Like maybe it would be a video of the screen instead of a capture card. Like if a lets player traveled back in time Captain N style but could still somehow post to modern youtube/twitch. It is a fun idea but reeks of :effort:

It is a YOSMAS Miracle! I thought the YOSTOP was dead or lost to time. I will take good care of her, thank you again. Mrs Syntaxrigger loves it as well. She said she would love to use it until I reminded her that it would be pretty slow. Still she is happy to have it in the house :)

fake edit: She is already giving me sass. If I need the password for anything feel free to PM me. I restarted and am able to get in again. Empty password doesn't seem to work. Also not sure if I should connect this thing to the internet or not. Right now I am going with not.

invlwhen
Jul 28, 2012

please do your best
try variations on bithc

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

i did one but got a little skittish about being locked out so I just restarted since I didn't have to login to get to the desktop.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Glad you like it. Check the back of the card for some more nostalgia. Getting Print Shop to work in miniVmac and then print to PS and exporting it was fun, and if anyone want Christmas cards made lemme know.

The password is YOSPOS lowercase, I think. That or yosmas, I dont remember but lowercase.

Yes, I taught a workshop and spoke at defcon 27.

I would LOVE a let's play of the games, especially the johnny mnemonic, 80s style. Burn:Cycle is a thing.

Also, that's not THE yostop, I dont think, someone gave me that last year and I rebuilt it and put those games and soundtracks on there.

Did you read the note that came with it?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Wait I thought it was secret Santa

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Glad you like it. Check the back of the card for some more nostalgia. Getting Print Shop to work in miniVmac and then print to PS and exporting it was fun, and if anyone want Christmas cards made lemme know.

The password is YOSPOS lowercase, I think. That or yosmas, I dont remember but lowercase.

Yes, I taught a workshop and spoke at defcon 27.

I would LOVE a let's play of the games, especially the johnny mnemonic, 80s style. Burn:Cycle is a thing.

Also, that's not THE yostop, I dont think, someone gave me that last year and I rebuilt it and put those games and soundtracks on there.

Did you read the note that came with it?

I have I just didn't take a picture because I couldn't get all the good stuff in one photo. When I first opened it Libre Office was like "do you want to recover previous state" and I was like drat I sure hope "previous state" wasn't the whole loving file.

I haven't watched the Hope conference yet

syntaxrigger fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 15, 2019

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Also I think it is pretty rad you gave a talk at DefCon. I feel like I would have a good time but I am sort of too chickenshit to go.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

syntaxrigger posted:

Also I think it is pretty rad you gave a talk at DefCon. I feel like I would have a good time but I am sort of too chickenshit to go.

just go imo, it's fun even if you don't know things, and afaik i've only gotten owned the last time i ran a contest

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Worst case, just leave your electronic poo poo in your hotel room, unless the feds want you or something

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Worst case, just leave your electronic poo poo in your hotel room, unless the feds want you or something

yeah the only computer stuff i take to the floor are normally anything i'm actively gonna hack on, wearables, and my phone

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

:yeshaha: the yostop lives

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
fuckin sick m8 gj

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Kuvo posted:

:yeshaha: the yostop lives

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I worked so hard installing arch on it originally too...

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

ADSINX do you by chance have and xbox360? also did you get gift part 1 yet?

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Silver Alicorn posted:

I worked so hard installing arch on it originally too...

:negative:

well maybe he can install gentoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

I worked so hard installing windows 98 on it too...