Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Well I sure didn’t expect the next Xbox to look like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Well that's not going to fit in my TV stand.

Xbox Series X? Huh.

Series X Xbox.

Sexbox.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

runchild posted:

It looks like an Acer desktop tower.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I was literally wondering to myself yesterday if the lesson they took from the Bone was to make its demonym involve the letter x better

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

runchild posted:

playing in a dark room trying to shove a disc into my subwoofer

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Consoles have been too easy to fit into shelves and under screens for far too long now, thank god someone finally had the balls to change that

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
They confirmed it can lay on it's side at least

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
So they're not going to follow the One X/S naming convention and name the lower spec one the Series S right? Xbox SS?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

BonoMan posted:

I'm still not certain it would fit in my media center lol

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Please fire whoever names this stuff.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

It looks pretty sleek actually. Any videos of actual game footage and what it can do yet? That will be the most telling.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

BonoMan posted:

That’ll look a little weird but at least it’ll fit in my media console I guess.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Blind Rasputin posted:

It looks pretty sleek actually. Any videos of actual game footage and what it can do yet? That will be the most telling.

In engine announce trailer for Hellblade II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJWI4bkD9ZM

Red Warrior fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 13, 2019

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

They'd be stupid not to sell proprietary configurable upgrade cards

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
"Xbox, Siri sex" :grin:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hey dat new xbox is probably great for goons at a desk but it is not a living room compatible form factor too much.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

What in the absolute gently caress

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Hey dat new xbox is probably great for goons at a desk but it is not a living room compatible form factor too much.

Apparently Microsoft has confirmed it was designed to stand up or lay on its side.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
With the confusing name and the bland design I have to ask: Do Microsoft's marketing and design departments know the goal is to actually sell some of these things?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mahoning posted:

Apparently Microsoft has confirmed it was designed to stand up or lay on its side.

Its wider than a controller

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Senator Drinksalot posted:

With the confusing name and the bland design I have to ask: Do Microsoft's marketing and design departments know the goal is to actually sell some of these things?

The name is dumb but the design is fine. I mean the form factor is a little odd, but the blandness of the "it's just a cube" is attractive to me. That's what I like about the One S/X. Doesn't look like some stupid thing you'd find on a graphics card box.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phil tweeted this week that the name would reflect the purpose of the console lol

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

BonoMan posted:

The name is dumb but the design is fine. I mean the form factor is a little odd, but the blandness of the "it's just a cube" is attractive to me. That's what I like about the One S/X. Doesn't look like some stupid thing you'd find on a graphics card box.

Yeah I get your point but this thing looks like one of those automatic air fresheners

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Nobody cares what a game console looks like. "bland design" lmfao

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
xbox degeneration x

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The biggest xbox of all time

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
For advanced minded people like myself I put my console on a pedestal in the middle of my living room and insist all my guests “oh” and “ah” in its presence. The though of doing that with the Series X makes me want to vomit.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xbox is now the pedestal

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xbox series XXL

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Real hurthling! posted:

Xbox is now the pedestal

Pedestal for what? Oh I think you already know.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:orb:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Some additional info from Gamespot

• System is about as wide as a Xbone controller and three times as tall. The Xbox logo doubles as the power button.
  • Designed to be very quiet - fans are supposedly around the same volume as the One X.
  • New controller is mostly a tweaked version of the Xbone's - the D-Pad is a new "hybrid" design, there's a PS4-style share button in the center, and it's "ever-so-slightly" smaller to slightly increase hand-coverage. Series X controllers will also work on Xbone and Windows, and Xbone controllers will work on Series X.
  • There's a "Dynamic Latency Input" system that "allows inputs to directly sync up with a game's rendering path" in a bid to reduce input lag.
  • Instant-resume where you left off for more than one game at a time.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Oh that last one is legit as gently caress.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

How many? Is it just going to give you an available amount of memory to save game states to and you can fill it up or do they mean 2

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Can I order this thing now

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Real hurthling! posted:

Xbox is now the pedestal

:hmmyes:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm going to call it the xsex

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

... and they named the fourth XBox the Sexbox.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
I'm not sure what I really wanted, because the current ones are great, but I thought they might do more with the controller this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

uvar posted:

I'm not sure what I really wanted, because the current ones are great, but I thought they might do more with the controller this time.

Buttons on the underside.