Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bionic vapour boy
Feb 13, 2012

Impervious to fun.

Illuminti posted:

I've never voted Tory in 5 general elections. But I can be pretty certain that this thread is a little microcosm of why Labour lost and will continue to lose.

Someone talking about this thread being a bubble? It is. Also it's hysterical and nasty.

For most voters this was a choice between a dog turd and a cat turd. But the cat turd is calling them a racist ethnic cleanser.

I'm going to call a spade a loving spade mate. If people don't want to be accused of voting for ethnic cleansing maybe they shouldnt vote for ethnic cleansing?

bionic vapour boy fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Illuminti posted:

I've never voted Tory in 5 general elections. But I can be pretty certain that this thread is a little microcosm of why Labour lost and will continue to lose.

Someone talking about this thread being a bubble? It is. Also it's hysterical and nasty.

For most voters this was a choice between a dog turd and a cat turd. But the cat turd is calling them a racist ethnic cleanser.

And the fact that they thought there were two equally bad choices is why the death of your nation will be met with cheers.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Illuminti posted:

Exactly. And they elected a leader who thought this and then demanded he campaign against the views he's held for 40 years. No wonder it's a loving mess

I think its easy when you are a student or some kind of office worker to lose sight of how neoliberalism operates and why the national bourgeoisie on the business end of the EU would be vehemently against it. The people who make Milton Mowbray pork pies are going to vote leave because they can't compete against cheap industrial meat pies from the EU. And the DOP protections that the EU grants them means jack poo poo, because nobody on the continent wants to eat their rank rear end pies anyway.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jollity Farm posted:

Rachel Riley would probably say that "rich people" is obviously an antisemitic dog whistle, and Rachel Riley can choke to death on Boris Johnson's poo poo.
She's thankful. She's appears to have gone to bed giving a poo poo only that Labour didn't get in and not considering that her idiocy opened the door to Brexit.

I'm not going to post the tweet but gently caress. She is so loving oblivious.

It would be nice if all the celebs who became politically engaged against Corbyn continued to pay attention as Boris tries to turn the country into his own personal toilet, but I doubt it.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

MrFlibble posted:

I'm glad that you will suffer with the rest of us.

Wish none of us had to. It's especially so upsetting because it's been obvious for years. But o

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
This is looking eerily familiar to our Aus election where Labor were torpedoed hard by a third party shuffling votes away from them handing the AusTories a majority.

That and the media just taking a big dump on the Labor leader at every available opportunity.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Horsebanger posted:

This is looking eerily familiar to our Aus election where Labor were torpedoed hard by a third party shuffling votes away from them handing the AusTories a majority.

That and the media just taking a big dump on the Labor leader at every available opportunity.

I mean Murdoch's an aussie and all that.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

"And then there's this oval office"

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1205320140549697542?s=20

Yikes, that split though.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Private Speech posted:

I mean Murdoch's an aussie and all that.

yeah, sorry. not our best export.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

bionic vapour boy posted:

I'm going to call a spade a loving spade mate. If people don't want to be accused of voting for ethnic cleansing maybe they shouldnt vote for ethnic cleansing?

You will be shocked to learn that virtually every voter does not think they are voting for ethnic cleansing. But I'm sure you also think all those voters are consciously racist, stupid and violent.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

gently caress it, Chuka eating poo poo is worth it. What's one more conservative to the majority pile.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Illuminti posted:

You will be shocked to learn that virtually every voter does not think they are voting for ethnic cleansing. But I'm sure you also think all those voters are consciously racist, stupid and violent.

They may not think that, but that is what they're voting for? What, we can't try to persuade people by pointing out the other guys' actual policies?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Nigel Dodds out!
Arlene is standing with him as he lost lol.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Horsebanger posted:

This is on the heads of every handwringing loving melt who wrote 'but Corbyn poo poo in my pants' articles on the lead-up to the election and the referendum.

Centrism is a disease.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Mulva posted:

And the fact that they thought there were two equally bad choices is why the death of your nation will be met with cheers.

Forums poster shocked that people have different priorities from them.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

I can't tell if these people are being willfully obtuse or if they're just incredibly stupid.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The only project left is now to maybe save scotland and break up the union

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1205321019868749824?s=20

Eat poo poo DUP.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Illuminti posted:

Forums poster shocked that people have different priorities from them.

I actually like the UKMT being a bubble. I'm well aware the UK is full of cunts, I prefer they stay out of here.

So, off you go.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Illuminti posted:

I’m sure that knowing 80% of the voters were merely apathetic while voting for the ethnic cleansing instead of actively desiring it will be of great comfort

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Illuminti posted:

The cleansing of pure Britain and British culture from foreign corruption (they don't even speak the language, they take our jobs and homes, they're all [a whole bunch of negative stereotypes] and should shape up, when was the last time you get served by a British waiter, no shame in being proud and defending British culture, the imperial measures, etc, etc) is a major plank in the Tory and Brexit platforms though.

Nobody says they are violent necessarily, or all consciously racist even.

But they loving love the idea of ethnically cleansing Britain, to whatever degree they can get away with.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

christ, it was us who should have stood down against chuka... thats very embrassing

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

They may not think that, but that is what they're voting for? What, we can't try to persuade people by pointing out the other guys' actual policies?

They might be voting for something completely different mate. And they also might not consider stopping travellers setting up wherever they want as ethnic cleansing.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

TheIllestVillain posted:

I can't tell if these people are being willfully obtuse or if they're just incredibly stupid.
Every political event has to viewed through the lens of how it resembles Donald Trump vs Hillary Clinton, the great trauma that broke America's collective mind, and if there are no obvious parallels, then by god we're going to hammer away until we can approximate some.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

this thread has always been a bubble, it is what it is.

it is funny when there's a big election and posters with different points of view post in here for a few hours and everyone gets really upset

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Private Speech posted:

The cleansing of pure Britain and British culture from foreign corruption (they don't even speak the language, they take our jobs and homes, they're all [a whole bunch of negative stereotypes] and should shape up, when was the last time you get served by a British waiter, no shame in being proud and defending British culture, the imperial measures, etc, etc) is a major plank in the Tory and Brexit platforms though.

Nobody says they are violent necessarily, or all consciously racist even.

But they loving love the idea of ethnically cleansing Britain, to whatever degree they can get away with.

I think he was referring to section on Travelers in the tory manifesto

edit: also that is a classic "lumping everyone in together"

The millions of people who voted tory in this election are not all former BNP members. No matter how many times you accuse them of it

Illuminti fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 13, 2019

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

TheIllestVillain posted:

i can't speak to "these people" in general but i can confirm that popehat specifically is very stupid

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Where do MPs go that lose their seats anyway? Do they get jobs with the party or just gently caress off?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Illuminti posted:

They might be voting for something completely different mate. And they also might not consider stopping travellers setting up wherever they want as ethnic cleansing.

But it is, and it's part of the package they're voting for, even if it's not their top priority. It is the functional result of their vote. Why not bring it up, if that is the case?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Raffles posted:

this thread has always been a bubble, it is what it is.

it is funny when there's a big election and posters with different points of view post in here for a few hours and everyone gets really upset

The different views directly correlate to more people dying in underfunded hospitals and on the street.

Might have something to do with being upset.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
If someone hits a pedestrian with a car because they're not looking at the road then they're generally morally culpable in some way for not looking at the road while they're driving. Like we can look at why they didn't look at the road and what wider social context is causing people to not realise that looking at the road is a good thing, that is an important thing to look at but still, it was bad that they did not look at the road and if your pal tells you they don't like to look at the road they're still doing a bad thing

The pedestrian is minority groups and the poor, to be clear

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
It's always real funny when "I'm totally not a Tory, guys" poster turns up to tell everyone they're hysterical and toxic in election threads

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
gently caress me, FPTP is a terrible system.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Illuminti posted:

I think he was referring to section on Travelers in the tory manifesto

Was he? I didn't think/know/realise. Either way doesn't change the substance of what I said.

The traveller issue is a bit more complex obviously, even if it's ultimately also an issue of acceptance of other people's way of life. They have no less of a right to the land than the majority population do.

One interesting bit is that Roma and Travellers tend to do well in the US and don't face much prejudice there. Possibly the size of the country helps.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

MrFlibble posted:

The different views directly correlate to more people dying in underfunded hospitals and on the street.

Might have something to do with being upset.

like this

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
If we'd stood down in Esher and Walton the Lib Dems may well have binned Raab.

EDIT: They have scalped Zac Goldsmith tho

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Communist Thoughts posted:

christ, it was us who should have stood down against chuka... thats very embrassing

No, the Libs should have thrown themselves into the loving sea, where hopefully they'll choke on all the microplastic from the 10p bags their precious 5p plastic bag tax caused.

Lying loving splitters.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

mila kunis posted:

Labour losses starting to come in, the vote splits. My god

Welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Private Speech posted:

One interesting bit is that Roma and Travellers tend to do well in the US and don't face much prejudice there. Possibly the size of the land helps.

It turns out, not being actively discriminated against does wonders for one's ability to succeed. It sounds pretty crazy, I know, but I think we have to follow the data on this one :v: