Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jordan7hm posted:

the Wrestler in hotel room show

I was imagining Shibata glaring at the Bucks as they tried goofy poo poo on the road and am now disappointed this does not exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

I was imagining Shibata glaring at the Bucks as they tried goofy poo poo on the road and am now disappointed this does not exist

Kojima comes on as a guest and room service is just loaf after loaf of bread.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Where the hell has Aleister Black been

like I haven't been watching WWE for months but generally I at least get what's going on from twitter people and gif accounts and stuff

Did he piss someone off?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Nehru the Damaja posted:

like I haven't been watching WWE for months but generally I at least get what's going on from twitter people and gif accounts and stuff

Did he piss someone off?

He sits in a dark room and gets mad about people knocking on his door. He had a squash simulated combat on Raw last Monday and I think is supposed to sports entertain against Buddy Murphy at TLC.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Did he piss someone off?

They have no idea, NO idea, how to properly use him. So their solution is to either not use him or keep doing the thing that isn't working.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

got an idea. the miz should start calling him a-lister, because he misunderstood. and he keeps on trying to be friends with aleister a lot because he thinks he's an a-lister. Then they can't stop cucking each other day and night, making the other one look increasingly like a worthless piece of poo poo. bitter friends to the end

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
used to be able to find things for a guy to do, when titles and wins/losses meant something

but that's too pro wrasslin'

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TheKingslayer posted:

He sits in a dark room and gets mad about people knocking on his door. He had a squash simulated combat on Raw last Monday and I think is supposed to sports entertain against Buddy Murphy at TLC.

He gets mad because when they knock he has to open the door and it creaks really loudly when he does open it.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Black has been complaining that everyone has been ducking him. No one wants to fight him because he kicks too much rear end. He sits in his room, begging for someone to knock on his door and pick a fight with him. Buddy Murphy recently knocked on his door but left before Black could answer.

The angle is completely retarded because decades of WWE programming have shown that the only time you ever had the slightest ability to turn down a match is if youre a champion. So this storyline suggests that WWE has picked Black for raw, and the best way to use him is to have him travel everywhere with the show, and never actually put him in matches because apparently people are afraid of him. Black figures the best way to get a match is to sit in his room and give lovely promos instead of you know actually going out there and disrupting things and issuing challenges to a champion. Buddy Murphy, a heel, knocks on his door, taunts Black when there is no answer, and leaves. Black comes out and looks like a looney toon that got ding dong ditched. Then proceeds to have another promo next week asking Murphy if he realizes what hes done, ignoring you know, weeks of him telling people to do so.

The whole thing is stupid and idiotic. I feel like the better way to do this angle would have been for Black to go out and slaughter some jobber. Then after the match, he sits down and says everyone is scared to fight him, so hes gonna give someone a chance to fight him after hes just fought someone else. Another jobber comes out and he slaughters them too. This goes for a few weeks until Black actually has a competitive match. He gets his leg worked over the entire time. Black wins, but has to be very careful sitting down because his leg is beat up. Hes about to issue his challenge when Murphy comes from behind and beats him up. This starts their feud.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Cavauro posted:

aew never explained who darby allin actually is. they kinda mentioned he's deranged and masochistic but i'm over here like ?? ? ?????; specifically, my pupils (in the eyes) became question marks, as well as my mouth, eyebrows, and most distinguishing features. i'm like what. who the!
He's 's like the best parts of Darby Crash and GG Allin, but if either one of them had talent.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sionistic posted:

Black has been complaining that everyone has been ducking him. No one wants to fight him because he kicks too much rear end. He sits in his room, begging for someone to knock on his door and pick a fight with him. Buddy Murphy recently knocked on his door but left before Black could answer.

The whole thing is stupid and idiotic. I feel like the better way to do this angle would have been for Black to go out and slaughter some jobber. Then after the match, he sits down and says everyone is scared to fight him, so hes gonna give someone a chance to fight him after hes just fought someone else. Another jobber comes out and he slaughters them too. This goes for a few weeks until Black actually has a competitive match. He gets his leg worked over the entire time. Black wins, but has to be very careful sitting down because his leg is beat up. Hes about to issue his challenge when Murphy comes from behind and beats him up. This starts their feud.

this would make too much sense though for WWE and it is depressing because Aleister "Thomas End" Black is wildly loving awesome and he could easily be doing amazing poo poo anywhere else. Instead he's gonna do nothing forever.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

He's 's like the best parts of Darby Crash and GG Allin, but if either one of them had talent.

Delete your response post-haste

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Sionistic posted:

The angle is completely retarded

Dude.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

He means it's slowed down. It's been months and they seem to be taking far longer than a normal angle with it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sionistic posted:

The angle is completely retarded because decades of WWE programming have shown that the only time you ever had the slightest ability to turn down a match is if youre a champion.

You make really good points about the ridiculousness of the Black storyline currently, but yes please find a different word to use than retarded, you'll still be able to make your point just as strongly saying the angle is dogshit or awful or stupid or terrible.

I believe if I remember correctly, Meltzer reported this Black storyline initially started because he was injured and they wanted to keep him fresh in people's mind. The irony of course being that they've managed to keep Black fresh in fans' minds as a dork sitting in a dark room for months talking to himself.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
it would be cool if Aliester Black came out to this song, but kept the creaky plank and satanic imagery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3WgsKEDg5Q

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when something simply isn't working let's say, "that angle dangles," and when it's working quite well we can say, "that angle's spangled." put this in the rules thread.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Has there ever been a singles match between Daisuke Sekimoto and TOMO Ishii?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

forkboy84 posted:

Has there ever been a singles match between Daisuke Sekimoto and TOMO Ishii?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Well I know what I'm going to have to look for now.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
the ultimate beef slam

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i was watching an old roh dvd (ring of homicide 2) and saw daizee haze vs billie kay. this was over 11 years ago. who are some other wrestlers that had some pretty obscure beginnings in semi major feds (roh, pwg, tna, etc) that wound up later getting a wwe main roster spot?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i was watching an old roh dvd (ring of homicide 2) and saw daizee haze vs billie kay. this was over 11 years ago. who are some other wrestlers that had some pretty obscure beginnings in semi major feds (roh, pwg, tna, etc) that wound up later getting a wwe main roster spot?

So he's not a wrestler, but Mikaze is a seamster there and he was in a handful of ROH tag matches in 2005/6 with Jason Blade.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I ended up on a CZW wiki page; and I was shocked at how many current WWE/AEW wrestlers were champs or had big runs there... I mean Lio Rush? Candice LaRae? Chris Hero? Gulak? MJF? There were so many

Hirez fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Dec 14, 2019

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Candice and Chris Hero have each been around for about 20 years so it shouldn’t be surprising they would’ve touched pretty much any bigger Indy that existed in that timeframe

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

check out this card https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=58696

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

nope had no idea; I really haven't paid attention to the indy scene ever and esp not czw except from hearing the insane poo poo done their; so when I'm reading a random page about current wrestlers names (like lio and like roderick strong) I'm like wtf; like I guess maybe I just assumed CZW was kinda its own deathmatch orientated wresters thing, but I guess they have regular matches to? again never really paid attention to it cept from like the vice doc and insane spots

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

heh drat thats like a takeover card :P Hell I saw all 4 of these at Takeover Toronto this summer

I didn't know about any of these in CZW Adam Cole (w/Mia Yim) defeats Johnny Gargano and Kyle O'Reilly (10:59)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i only remember that mia yim was taller than adam cole. Just kidding. i'm sorry. but he did ask her not to ever wear heels. That's a lie.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

lol

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

STONE COLD 64 posted:

A friend of mine lived in Ohio in the mid 2000s and was a fan of local indies like HWA and NWF. There was a guy on their cards who was talented for an undercard dude but who just could not string any meaningful wins together, something the crowd mocked him for. As someone yelled at one show:

"oh, Moxley, will you ever win?"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

adam cole is a product of the czw dojo. the black and yellow brand is just a pale imitation of bleeding black and yellow

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

they have a dojo? I thought it'd be more like a junkyard

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Lamuella posted:

A friend of mine lived in Ohio in the mid 2000s and was a fan of local indies like HWA and NWF. There was a guy on their cards who was talented for an undercard dude but who just could not string any meaningful wins together, something the crowd mocked him for. As someone yelled at one show:

"oh, Moxley, will you ever win?"

and they were right until he left the WWE

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

My own one of these is that back in 2011 I went to one of the last NWA Hammerlock shows in a town called Cheshunt in Hertfordshire. The turnout was pitiful, 25 people if that. I was only there because Colt Cabana was on the card. It was the last independently produced NWA Hammerlock show and it was a sad affair. The only thing that stood out was the main event, which was a cage match between two of their up and coming stars. Jon Ryan was an okay wrestler, nothing special, but that Jimmy Havoc kid had something.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Don Callis had a promotion that ran Winnipeg and Thunder Bay (where I live). He had:

A very young Kenny Omega
Krizstof Szozynski (who competed on TUF)
The Singh Bros that ended up with Jinder Mahal in their first matches
Johnny Devine, pre-TNA

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Don Callis had a promotion that ran Winnipeg and Thunder Bay (where I live). He had:

Krizstof Szozynski (who competed on TUF)

Well I'll be damned. I had no idea that guy did pro wrestling AND he learned holds and junk from Bad News Brown. That's crazy.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TheKingslayer posted:

Well I'll be damned. I had no idea that guy did pro wrestling AND he learned holds and junk from Bad News Brown. That's crazy.

That tracks since Bad News and Don were real close. They were a heel act for years in Canadian wrestling, Bad News was Don's muscle. Don would do mic work and then say "I gave you the good news, now lemme give you the Bad News" and let Bad News run the crowd or his opponent down.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jericho's story in his book about almost making GBS threads his pants when Bad News caught him talking to his wife was amazing :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Randaconda posted:

Jericho's story in his book about almost making GBS threads his pants when Bad News caught him talking to his wife was amazing :allears:

Justified, too. Bad News didn't have to try and be scary, he was. Legit Olympic level Judoka and like, 6'2, 270.