Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

He's going to sacrifice himself by taking a dive of a tall building to save Izuku during the final battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/my-hero-academia/en/0/254/page/1 New chapter's out

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I appreciate that Hori has said that Bakugo does, in fact, need to apologize to Deku over how he treated him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

drat. Big reveal this chapter.

Can't believe Aizawa's never actually expelled anyone!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Onmi posted:

I appreciate that Hori has said that Bakugo does, in fact, need to apologize to Deku over how he treated him.

They're both going to need to clear their schedules for that apology because that list must be HUGE.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

drat. Big reveal this chapter.

Can't believe Aizawa's never actually expelled anyone!

Hey, he expelled plenty of people!

...He just let them back in after.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"Someone like you should never have been allowed in this school. That being said, feel free to reapply again next year."

:allears:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

"Someone like you should never have been allowed in this school. That being said, feel free to reapply again next year."

:allears:

No that's not what happened. He expelled them to teach them a lesson and then immediately re-enrolled them.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
"What kind of mission is that to look after some gloomy brat!" *immediately looks at Aizawa* "oh"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rhonne posted:

"What kind of mission is that to look after some gloomy brat!" *immediately looks at Aizawa* "oh"
That's a great bit, really.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That really was an amazing chapter.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I loving knew it.

Aizawa has actually expelled anyone!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Onmi posted:

This makes me feel a little better about where this is going, at least.

Also gently caress off Aizawa's never expelled anyone, goddammit lmao

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

There's a detail I've forgotten about the series: people's quirks manifest around a certain age, right? So do the manimals like Gang Orca and Hound Dog start off human then just have a dog face explode out of their nose one day, or are they born like that?

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

There's a detail I've forgotten about the series: people's quirks manifest around a certain age, right? So do the manimals like Gang Orca and Hound Dog start off human then just have a dog face explode out of their nose one day, or are they born like that?

Some quirks manifest at birth, Present Mic's nearly deafened the OR with his first cry. It's more that if they haven't manifested by 5 or so then they aren't likely to ever show up.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Man, now I really want to know more about the class Aizawa "expelled".

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I think people with unusual appearances which aren't Quirks are just morphologically different. There's a picture roaming around of Froppy's family and the babies are tadpoles.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I want to get off Mr. Aizawa's ruse cruise.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

All Might didn't notice the asterix in Aizawa's record mentioning that all the expelled students were immediately reinstated.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mina barely made the top 30 in terms of popularity. :negative:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Genki girls generally aren't super popular over there.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Fabricated posted:

Genki girls generally aren't super popular over there.

Or with healthy thighs.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Once she gets her focus chapter, I'm sure she'll rise again

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mina's big moment was in someone else's flashback. And other than that she hasn't really been given much focus so it's not that surprising she doesn't rank highly.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I think part of it is acid is kind of a hard quirk to use in a heroic way. Hori could wave off Bakugo's explosions and Todoroki's fire as standard concussive blasts, but something that literally melts people? Not so much.

Also she should've been named Alien Queen.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think part of it is acid is kind of a hard quirk to use in a heroic way. Hori could wave off Bakugo's explosions and Todoroki's fire as standard concussive blasts, but something that literally melts people? Not so much.

Also she should've been named Alien Queen.
Yeah, fire and explosions can always just give the anime hatchmark stuff where acids generally get portrayed as turning everything to smoking goo.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

As she's shown in the past, Mina uses her quirk mostly for mobility and takes out her opponents with sick shoryukens and breakdance moves.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Bring back My Villian Academia

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Horikoshi loves Mina so it doesn’t really matter

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NEW VIGILANTES!

Makoto's back!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Horikoshi loves Mina so it doesn’t really matter

Speaking of,

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1205551849476018176

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ashido: I’ll give you ketchup, so please forgive me!
Kirishima: And have some eggs too!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Funky Valentine posted:

All Might didn't notice the asterix in Aizawa's record mentioning that all the expelled students were immediately reinstated.

Well, All Might is a new teacher there. And a pretty bad one in a lot of ways. Him just looking at the records and seeing a whole class of expelled students, and not looking to see that they were all still students there anyway, especially since he's primarily there for Deku and thus wouldn't have been paying as much attention to the older classes, kind of fits.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Is that Bakugo flying up away into the sun like a loving piece of garbage?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Nephthys posted:

Deku is the sun.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Well, well, well. The infamously strict Shota Aizawa just brings his students back after he's kicked them out. If Eri ever starts acting up, he'll probably ground her for a week and let her out after a few hours. At most.

Nephthys posted:

Teenage Boy Yells At Sun

God, I can't imagine how Bakugo is going to be when he's a cantankerous old man.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bakugou will destroy the sun

Who is deku

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mirio is the sun

Deku is but a pale imitation of said sun, ergo, the moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

This sort of reveal would have been a terrible retcon in a worse manga, but here, Aizawa expelling and then re-enrolling his class makes so much sense, what with him being a giant softy.

Hell yeah I'm glad Makoto's back. She's the most powerful character in this spin-off. :allears: