Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1205375774016122881

silver lining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

its a shame for chuka, he could be running for the leadership of either LD or labour right now

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
lol I posted the article saying that there is no appetite for centrism in Labour and one of my melt Facebook friends replied with "well actually the Lib Dems increased their vote share more than any other party"

yes, a result so good your leader resigned before all the results had even come in

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The most insane thing about this is how Lib Dem voters don't get how spoiler votes work, even after all the talk about tactical voting. You only cared about one thing and you just ended up deciding in favor of the worst possible thing you could want. loving perverts.

they understand how spoilers work just fine. we through around "vote lib dem get Tory" expecting this to be a disincentive, forgetting that's literally why liberals exist.

Serf
May 5, 2011

ZeusCannon posted:

Lotta people in this thread surprised by what is inevitable in the hellscape of post 16

if we assume that the future is bleak and there is no victory, why are we sticking around?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

he was boring and uncharismatic as gently caress. he could not channel anger at all, and any politics needs to be angry if it wants to win

after he did ok in 2017 i thought well maybe brits are weird and they want boring stiff upper lip types but i guess not

The Brexit party ate their lunch, it is not some optics poo poo lol

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

MikeCrotch posted:

lol I posted the article saying that there is no appetite for centrism in Labour and one of my melt Facebook friends replied with "well actually the Lib Dems increased their vote share more than any other party"

yes, a result so good your leader resigned before all the results had even come in

to be fair us labour voters telling the LDs they had a bad result is a little rich right now

there is jam all over our faces

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Lmao you guys traded your healthcare system for a chance to kick brown people and scam a few pounds off of your most vulnerable fellow citizens.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Communist Thoughts posted:

i dont think corbyn was fine, thats sorta the wakeup message here.

[...]

maybe that wouldnt have mattered if we'd have had a solid brexit plan

you lost like 30% voteshare across the board to the brexit party and like 3% to lib dems and the takeaway is that libs being libs and running from corbyn was a bigger problem than labour taking a cretinous centrist "all sides" position on brexit with deadlines looming

fatninja187
Oct 4, 2013

Beware the ninja

Found out that a lad I went to school with voted Tory.

Two years ago he had a life saving lung transplant on the NHS.

Can anyone think of a bigger "gently caress you I got mine"?

I did manage to get a Tory leaver to vote labour by saying they could vote leave again on the 2nd referendum, and the leave deal would be by someone who wasn't an utter oval office.

He is pissed at me for getting him to " vote for a loser"

I tried guys :(

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

wtf does that even mean? sounds like he's saying there's a bootlicking convention in town and they need a queen and king of the court to be nominated

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

neutral milf hotel posted:

wtf does that even mean? sounds like he's saying there's a bootlicking convention in town and they need a queen and king of the court to be nominated

it means he sucks rear end op

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

Nothus posted:

Lmao you guys traded your healthcare system for a chance to kick brown people Poles and scam a few pounds off of your most vulnerable fellow citizens.

Fixed

Subpar Superhero
Nov 27, 2013

the hunger games

he’s calling for white nationalism op

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

seems like he's advocating nazism

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
election 2017: gently caress the polls
election 2019: gently caress the Poles

Serf
May 5, 2011

he's describing the platform of josh hawley, actual nazi

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Serf posted:

he's describing the platform of josh hawley, actual nazi

Josh Hawley should scare the poo poo out of everyone

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

if we assume that the future is bleak and there is no victory, why are we sticking around?

Dont look at me i dont why any of us are still here.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's coming home

But instead of football it's imperialism

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

I know this is a hot take but all of those pole expats are PiS voting Nazis so kicking them out is okay

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

It's funny that the polls were wrong but in the wrong direction
I'm screamin

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Truniht posted:

I know this is a hot take but all of those pole expats are PiS voting Nazis so kicking them out is okay

The peoples voted for pain

Serf
May 5, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

Josh Hawley should scare the poo poo out of everyone

yeah that dude is gonna come out of nowhere to a lotta people. the only thing holding him back imo is that he's a loving boring speaker and trump has demonstrated that folks like a showman

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Frijolero posted:

It's coming home

But instead of football it's imperialism

three hundred years of hurt, never stopped the screaming

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Serf posted:

yeah that dude is gonna come out of nowhere to a lotta people. the only thing holding him back imo is that he's a loving boring speaker and trump has demonstrated that folks like a showman

Yeah but if he nails it down he has a good chance of becoming the anerican furher

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Squizzle posted:

the problem is that the british are savages

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

LET'S GO ENGLUUUUND

LET'S GO ENGLUUUUND

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Disaster capitalism is coming home!

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The current crop of GOP fascists are scary, but the future fuhrer is a blonde Sarah Palin type

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

V. Illych L. posted:

corbyn wasn't a particularly strong candidate but that's a point or two of swing. the campaign was mostly fine, though it lacked one really big focus. the problem was not really the campaign, it was that the political moment was mishandled - possibly it couldn't have been handled properly at all, given political reality, but there it is

Yeah, the referendum really was a coup for the right. Brexit is basically a 50/50 issue, but campaigning on remain was never going to win because some percentage of remainers were :decorum: voters who had no stomach for overturning the referendum, and campaigning on leave was never going to win because it's the other party's platform. Even if you take a tack of "this guy's a twat who will sell you out, we'll get you a better deal" a large swath of your own party is fundamentally opposed to Brexit and would be unenthusiastic at best.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Go to Somerset North and literally out of every 2 people you see 1 of them voted for loving Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Jam Man looking pissed at the bottom left.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1205436894273843200?s=20

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

fatninja187 posted:

Found out that a lad I went to school with voted Tory.

Two years ago he had a life saving lung transplant on the NHS.

Can anyone think of a bigger "gently caress you I got mine"?

I did manage to get a Tory leaver to vote labour by saying they could vote leave again on the 2nd referendum, and the leave deal would be by someone who wasn't an utter oval office.

He is pissed at me for getting him to " vote for a loser"

I tried guys :(

I mean that classmate is on a cocktail of immune system suppressant drugs for the rest of his life, so unless he's rolling in dosh, he ain't going to live longer than his next stint of unemployment, given that the NHS is consumed. IIRC, it's several thousand a month, back in in the mid 2000s.

I suspect your classmate voted for their death, in a very real sense. It's a very :votegop: thing.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i would much rather watch Hasan Minhaj. I have a feeling Hasan will have a segment on netflix sunday wrt to this.

https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/1205382661197438976

Oliver is absolutely a Lib Dem

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1205492514679070722

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

Adbot