Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That sounds amazing. Crossballs is back, baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I haven't listened to it but apparently he invited on a guy who made a flat earth documentary and got Chad Carter/Ian Roberts/Sean Conroy to be fake flat earthers with theories that don't exist

That's what I was hoping it'd be (especially after Danielle asked him why he was giving the guy a platform last week) but I wasn't going to put it past him to just have an hour-long argument.

Is it actually funny, or just a good prank?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Tacier posted:

I’d like to add that The Neighborhood Listen with PFT and Nicole Parker is a delight. I always enjoy Paul doing a (mostly) straight man character who’s weird but not insane.

Also a strong choice by PFT to play a character who cannot carry a tune.

I was also incredibly wary of Brett being a character on the show, but man did I end up living Doug so much.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Oh yeah, also just started listening to Neighborhood Listen based on that advice and it's just so pleasant and fun.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

SpacePig posted:

Also a strong choice by PFT to play a character who cannot carry a tune.

PFT's part in the theme song is the highlight of each episode for me. It sounds like I'm dissing the show, but the abrupt switch from Nicole Parker's mellifluous voice to "AND MEET NEW NEIGHBORS AS WELL" gets me every time.

Really enjoyed PFT referencing "That's chaos." with Shaun Diston on one of the recent CBB live shows.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

nth the love for Neighborhood Listen, and PFT's monotone singing. And his delightfully absurd character name (or is "Burnt Meapayday" just a reference I'm not familiar with?)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

FitFortDanga posted:

nth the love for Neighborhood Listen, and PFT's monotone singing. And his delightfully absurd character name (or is "Burnt Meapayday" just a reference I'm not familiar with?)

It's "Millipede" with a jumble of accents thrown on it; it was the name of his character in the Between Two Ferns movie.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I haven't listened to it but apparently he invited on a guy who made a flat earth documentary and got Chad Carter/Ian Roberts/Sean Conroy to be fake flat earthers with theories that don't exist

Just to be clear, it isn't "a guy who made a flat earth documentary", it's Mark Sargent, who is the current leader of the Flat Earth movement and was the main focus of the Netflix documentary "Behind the Curve" last year. If you only know him from the Netflix documentary, the guy's views are even more insane than what was shown on there, so I can't wait to listen to this.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

JethroMcB posted:

It's "Millipede" with a jumble of accents thrown on it; it was the name of his character in the Between Two Ferns movie.

Ah hah, that's even funnier. I haven't gotten around to watching the movie yet.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Just heard the HH Brilliant Earth ad. Who has final say over the content/release of the episode? Funny, but insane that someone let that get out. I’m assuming it was Senior Producer Kevin? Can’t wait for his yearly review....

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
These advertisers that pull out over silly ads just don't get it. The ad was good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

To be fair I listened to the ad a couple of times back then and I can't actually remember what brilliant earth sells (but I do remember that the human penis is almost 2 inches)

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

While that poo poo is funny as hell, I feel like Sean had to know what he was doing and must have just been like "yeah i'm done with this jewelry shill bullshit, time to sever".

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The end of this weeks Hollywood handbook is amazing. Felicia is the ultimate baffled guest fighting back against the hosts.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

While I think a lot of the ads are funny and they are definitely right about it being better to leave an impression, it is pretty much standard good practice to not let your brand be associated with like sexual things or otherwise mainstream taboo stuff...like an overt penis joke or sticking a quip in ur butt cmon

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Nonono you DON'T stick the quip in your butt

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Nothing will top the peadophile quickbooks (or w/e) ad. That seemed to come about because both both Hayes and Sean has funny ideas of why working with your accountant was awkward. Hayes said that you had a bad date, and Sean added that they were a kid.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
By the way, I'm loving Hayes' obsession with snus

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

This week's HDTGM on "The Spirit of Christmas" is worth it for two bits of weirdness:

1) June is on jury duty so had to participate via texts and occasionally whispering into the phone.
2) Paul tells about how he saw a ghost as a kid and the general context just adds to him having a weird, sad childhood.

Plus Jessica St. Clair is the guest and she's always good. We also get to hear her reaction to learning that Paul tried to French kiss his mom.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chairman Capone posted:

This week's HDTGM on "The Spirit of Christmas" is worth it for two bits of weirdness:

1) June is on jury duty so had to participate via texts and occasionally whispering into the phone.
2) Paul tells about how he saw a ghost as a kid and the general context just adds to him having a weird, sad childhood.

Plus Jessica St. Clair is the guest and she's always good. We also get to hear her reaction to learning that Paul tried to French kiss his mom.

I've loved HDTGM and this ep worked out but I'm over June and I thought her sending texts was going to be really annoying. And it was but it was a only the momentary speed bump. I'd love a HDTGM with St Clair instead of June. Plus I always prefer an in studio episode as opposed to a live one.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Has anyone read her book on how to run for office as a woman? I'm kind of curious to but only because I cannot imagine what practical knowledge June would have that would go into a book purporting to be the essential guide for women to run for political office.

EDIT: Looking up her bio now, and holy hell, I completely missed that she's Mark Ruffalo's wife in Zodiac. I've seen that movie so many times and can't believe I've never noticed that. Also kind of funny considering her extremely low tolerance to horror on HDTGM.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Chairman Capone posted:

EDIT: Looking up her bio now, and holy hell, I completely missed that she's Mark Ruffalo's wife in Zodiac. I've seen that movie so many times and can't believe I've never noticed that. Also kind of funny considering her extremely low tolerance to horror on HDTGM.

Wait, WHAT

I didn't really need an excuse to rewatch that, but there it is

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Extremely good HH today, maybe I should listen to Culture Kings

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
gently caress yeah Hayes

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://twitter.com/hayesdavenport/status/1212283401870266369
these are so good

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/hayesdavenport/status/1212099550271246341

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
lmao this teacher's lounge has such good energy

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Snooze Cruise posted:

lmao this teacher's lounge has such good energy

Jamie Denbo is operating on some different level and never lets up, it's amazing.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Oh man. Today's I4H had an all-timer guest: the guy from the "Blackout Drunk Man Robs Store with Live Alligator" video. Explosive revelations. Excellent interview.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 3, 2020

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Oh wow, they reviewed the original Wario Ware on HDTGP? That is one of my favorite games of all time. They started this show off by just saying "shut the gently caress up, this is not a bad game" because they knew they would get poo poo from people just reading the title.

It was a smart move mentally to choose more weird games (Seaman, Wario Ware Night Trap) even though the original ads all played up playing the "worst games" like Sonic 06 and Shaq Fu.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I think they should do more games like Custer's Revenge.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
They should revisit it and do it right

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GoutPatrol posted:

It was a smart move mentally to choose more weird games (Seaman, Wario Ware Night Trap) even though the original ads all played up playing the "worst games" like Sonic 06 and Shaq Fu.

They seemingly realized pretty quickly "Playing bad games isn't fun" and found a good way to pivot away from that but maintain the spirit.

UP AND ADAM posted:

Did Iron Eyes Cody have any kids? Maybe they could get them in the studio

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/scharpling/status/1214286413262282753
There better be an HH read.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Banger of an HH today. Just pure, unfiltered cynicism.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

UP AND ADAM posted:

They should have a cowboy guest. For balance.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I'm so glad Christmas is over so we can get more Santaman ads

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

crimedog posted:

I'm so glad Christmas is over so we can get more Santaman ads

I downloaded it this morning and didn't get a Santaman ad, what did they say to piss off Harry's/get it pulled in under 8 hours

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

feedmyleg posted:

Banger of an HH today. Just pure, unfiltered cynicism.

Great episode. And I won't be shocked at all when Hollywood Handbook leaves Earwolf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Never Not Funny just left earwolf but I guess they were always kind of their own separate thing anyways