Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Tulip posted:

How are people not going with Culture Ship names? What could be a more prefect name for a Tenno's ship than I Blame My Mother

I named mine the Zariman 4-20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

And Tyler Too! posted:

I named mine the Zariman 4-20

v good

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Goa Tse-tung posted:

im not jacking it until I can have AI crew

what even is the point, the only thing you get is a lil bit mastery

alright I now there are three jack-exclusive drop weapons

*sighs and unsheathes the Imperator*

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Motherfucker. They deleted the culture ships wikipedia page

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I can't seem to come up with a good ship name, but I have to say Imperator Sandal send post

Gymp
Dec 9, 2003

BMan posted:

Google cache https://webcache.googleusercontent....n&ct=clnk&gl=us

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

BMan posted:

This is a travesty.

Already named mine, though:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Tulip posted:

How are people not going with Culture Ship names? What could be a more prefect name for a Tenno's ship than I Blame My Mother

I was going to go with Gunboat Diplomat but settled on Resistance Is Character Forming.

New thread title candidate, courtesy of Brainflakes in clan chat: "Jackin' Off, Because We're Mad At Mom"

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Respawn Imminent

FTL Cosplay Party

Mandatory Miralax

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Goa Tse-tung posted:

what even is the point, the only thing you get is a lil bit mastery

presumably because it's fun and interesting?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Dukeofdummies posted:

I did one mission before I had to go to bed. Communication would've been a godsend.

If you're piloting you have no idea what the hell is going on with the other three and if you try to type then you're dead in the water. Without communication it's impossible to know if there's someone in back fixing stuff, if you're running short of stuff, if what they're doing is giving you health or not. I was getting hull breaches constantly, every hull breach required materials to patch it. I have no idea if said procedure gave me health or just fixed a hole. You have no idea if you're doubling up on a task, if you're making things worse, or if there's pressing matters to attend to. Really it's just "do what's in front of you and hope for the best" without a mic.

I had no idea how to figure out who was in my ship or not, (very important when you want to finish a mission because you can't leave until everyone is on board). Had a bug where everyone was on board but the game didn't think so (everyone leaving and coming back in fixed that)

All of this would've been trivial on mics "all aboard?" "yep". "did you just give me health?" "nope". "please kill the targeted ship it's killing us" "ok"

I *think* the meta is going to look something like 1 pilot, 1 engie (does everything on the ship + turrets), one saboteur (kills capital ships), one "captain" who just tries to keep track of it all and see where an extra warframe is needed/call shots.

Would really love to see some slight AI flight though, a "fly serpentine to this destination while I patch the hull" button

if you hit L you will open up the tactical screen which will show you where everyone is, what role they are (pilot/aw/Gunner/running around on fire) and once you unlock more skills able to direct people to things to do or alert them something's wrong etc

Important first thing for everyone should be upgrading your avionics (axionics?) For hull, armor, and shield, or turret damage. You can upgrade these like mods using dioric which is basically ship Endo, then upgrade the grid slots up to rank 3

I maxed out my armor first thing and now my armor is like 2800 which if jack armor works the same comes out to like 90ish percent DR, you end up with a lot more breathing room

Edit: also a "lil bit of mastery" it's like 60,000 mastery from leveling the ship skills lol

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 13, 2019

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Inevitably Successful In All Circumstances.

But only if I can turn the bridge purple.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Oh hey, looks like DE have hired Mashed to make another Warframe animation.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm kicking myself for almost never doing Invasions. Now I need a bunch of stuff to make Cy and I have to wait for the right ones to pop or SLOWLY make them through blueprints.

I have a buttload of BPs already, oddly enough. Probably got drunk and thought I was buying the real things.

I WANNA JACK

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

this is canon

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Honestly, this update is not that bad. I expected it being Archwing levels hosed but this is serviceable.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

pubbies.mp4

I kinda just want to 'jack it in the background by manning the side guns and keeping the ship alive, but have no idea where the magical repair gun is. Every mission I've loaded into so far has come a cropper due to hull breaches; but I have no idea where to get the ship healing gun...

Edit: VVV Thanks, gonna try 'jack it with my ninjas again!

Radio Paranoia fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 13, 2019

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Radio Paranoia posted:

pubbies.mp4

I kinda just want to 'jack it in the background by manning the side guns and keeping the ship alive, but have no idea where the magical repair gun is. Every mission I've loaded into so far has come a cropper due to hull breaches; but I have no idea where to get the ship healing gun...

It's automatically added to your gear wheel. You'll need repair juice, which is built in the lowest level in the ship, the room with the four alcoves that have little vertical tracks that are moving.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Tulip posted:

I Blame Your Mother

I settled on Grey Area for now but of course the first thing I tried was just copying and pasting the entire Mistake Not... name. This resulted in the rather glorious MISTAKE NOT MY CURRENT STATE OF JO

Excession and Look to Windward had the best names.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Apparently "Bad For Business" is a culture ship name, considering that as a big gently caress you to ergo glast

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

other good screw-corpus culture names

Profit Margin
Cargo Cult
Zealot
Prime Mover
Not Invented Here
Charitable View
Break Even
Nuisance Customer
Zero Credibility

there are too many

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
ROU Get Out The Vote

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Ok what's the deal with culture names on ships? I have zero idea what that phrase means.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

The Jumpoff posted:

Ok what's the deal with culture names on ships? I have zero idea what that phrase means.

Culture ships are persons, and also god analogies and sometimes protagonists

The Culture novels were written by Iain M. Banks and are some of the greatest far future sci fi

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The Jumpoff posted:

"The Culture" is the name of the protagonistic culture/political group of Iain M Banks sci-fi books. They're like The Federation from Star Trek but 20000 more years of unmitigated advance, growth, and anarchocommunism. It's utopian stuff and the ship names are famously ironic jokes.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The Culture’s ships are Intelligent God AIs and pick their own names* and are highly irreverent most of the time. A foreign nation once complained their names lacked gravitas causing a new fad of ships picking names like “Gravitas Shortfall”, “Zero Gravitas”, “Very Little Gravitas Indeed”, and “Stood Far Back When the Gravitas Was Being Handed Out”.

* Except Meatfucker, the dirty deviant...

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 13, 2019

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
:siren:EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: At the end of a mission, unused materials get moved to your forge in the Dojo, not your inventory. You have to go there and hit the Refine button if you want to move them to your inventory. If you log out without doing this, you will lose them entirely. :siren:

To make sure you don't lose materials to softlocks, you may want to refine them in-mission right before the mission ends.

Edit: Okay, not exactly accurate; I definitely shouldn't post poo poo in a hurry before checking in-game myself. Just read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/ea232j/you_have_to_refine_copernics_pustrels_and/

Bloody Emissary fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 13, 2019

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

So far i feel like i figured out the most important part of railjack, which is that you can just farm all the breakables in a map after a mission for resources, which so far seems to be the best way to get them early on. Also the photor and carcinigen or whatever are really good guns to pick up, one is a hitscan laser, and the other is this absurd machine gun.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Bloody Emissary posted:

:siren:EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: At the end of a mission, unused materials get moved to your forge in the Dojo, not your inventory. You have to go there and hit the Refine button if you want to move them to your inventory. If you log out without doing this, you will lose them entirely. :siren:

To make sure you don't lose materials to softlocks, you may want to refine them in-mission right before the mission ends.

Edit: Okay, not exactly accurate; I definitely shouldn't post poo poo in a hurry before checking in-game myself. Just read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/ea232j/you_have_to_refine_copernics_pustrels_and/

I read that entire thread and I still have no loving idea how it works and seemingly neither does anyone else.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

FunkyFjord posted:

other good screw-corpus culture names

Profit Margin
Cargo Cult
Zealot
Prime Mover
Not Invented Here
Charitable View
Break Even
Nuisance Customer
Zero Credibility

there are too many

We All Lift Together

Not Banks, of course, but it sure fits.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kesper North posted:

We All Lift Together

Not Banks, of course, but it sure fits.

honestly, great, brilliant, I love it

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Investors Get Jittery

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Optimist Prime
Passion Wagon
Space War for Dummies
Copyright Violation

Things get fucky if you try to use Garuda claws in Empyrean. The logic that changes you into and out of archwing when you board crew ships is fucky and breaks half the time anyway; if you have Garuda claws sometimes it just decides you dont get to use melee anymore, ever.

And well i felt pretty stupid trying to kill boarders later with like, a bad quatz and an unranked tigris

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012
Ethics Gradient seems like an appropriate choice for tenno

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

There was this funny thing in early fighter planes, where people eventually figured that flying and aiming a separate gun was actually really loving hard and everyone settled on fixed guns, including in pusher prop configuration planes, because they pilot could actually line up some shots. Now, nose turrets handled by a separate gunner, those work. No idea why I'm bringing that up., really. The RJ kinda feels like a giant pig.

Also, is it just me or is the UI garbage? Between having to swap between the RJ for actually flying to missions, the drydock, meaning exiting the ship to get there and suffereing yet another loading screen and the orbiter to get to hit the foundry, incubator and so on, I'm starting to get mightily pissed of all those loving loading screens.

Also the UI pain is starting to catalyze and now I'm pissed at all the animations, yes, they are pretty, good job, they are also in the way of playing.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

best part about being engineer is that its never your fault when you lose, its those chuckleheads on the command deck who couldn't stop the ship from getting catastrophic-breached every 20 seconds

Seatox
Mar 13, 2012

SIGSEGV posted:

There was this funny thing in early fighter planes, where people eventually figured that flying and aiming a separate gun was actually really loving hard and everyone settled on fixed guns, including in pusher prop configuration planes, because they pilot could actually line up some shots. Now, nose turrets handled by a separate gunner, those work. No idea why I'm bringing that up., really. The RJ kinda feels like a giant pig.

Also, is it just me or is the UI garbage? Between having to swap between the RJ for actually flying to missions, the drydock, meaning exiting the ship to get there and suffereing yet another loading screen and the orbiter to get to hit the foundry, incubator and so on, I'm starting to get mightily pissed of all those loving loading screens.

Also the UI pain is starting to catalyze and now I'm pissed at all the animations, yes, they are pretty, good job, they are also in the way of playing.

Yeah. Having to go to the drydock to fiddle with the railjack configuration is a pain - it makes the whole "railjack tethered to your orbiter" thing pointless, because you're just going to fly it to the dojo to make sure you have repair-goo made, blah blah, before starting a mission. And then half the squad desyncs as you return to the dojo.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

at the very least it should let you swap avionics, guns, and level instrinsics while in your orbiter, the rest i can kinda agree with justifying but those 3 are really common things people will want to manage, also there needs to be a exit mission option that sends everyone back to their orbiter because frankly people are not going to stick around for more than one mission unless its premade.

Seatox
Mar 13, 2012

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

best part about being engineer is that its never your fault when you lose, its those chuckleheads on the command deck who couldn't stop the ship from getting catastrophic-breached every 20 seconds

There were people on the command deck? I just saw the helmsman go zooming off on his archwing! Cap'n! ... where's the cap'n? Oh, he's off flying around on a hijacked grineer crewship. Well, I'll just... seal the breaches. Again. They don't deserve those pustrels, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

since railjack i've been having out of memory errors every time i load into orb vallis, anyone else having those problems or know how to fix them?