Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Cavauro posted:

I didn't see the documentary. I don't know why I do that but I often pretend like I know about something and talk about it in a serious manner. i think this is (one of) the reason(s) that i scald my hands in the hottest water that the tap is capable of producing 1 to 2 times per day depending on how long i stay awake. I did see the A&E biography. I really liked the man's voice who did those in the late 1990s. I don't know where that man is now or if he is alive.

You should turn the water temperature down at your boiler, it shouldn't scald your hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Andre seemed more like a dumbass about that stuff than anything else, since apparently he was in good terms with BNB, but who knows. I mean, it's a small pool for 64 contenders so "used to say n***** a lot in jokes to the point black people had to threaten him with violence to stop" and "assaulted a cameraman once" probably auto-qualifies you anyway.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

spongeh posted:

You should turn the water temperature down at your boiler, it shouldn't scald your hands.

I don't want to do that because of my condition where I need to use it as a tool for daily life.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Andre was hella racist but probably average for the area of france he grew up in. Bad News was the only guy crazy/dangerous enough to get Andre to tone it down.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Bad News Allen tried to take a big poo poo onto Seth Rollins' genitals, but he missed because the penis was so much smaller than a healthy pwnis.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MassRafTer posted:

Thankfully someone understands bracket psychology.

And that's why I'm justifying my "gently caress these bad excuses for racism" protest vote by telling myself "you always have to pick at least one 12 seed."

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
In a sense, Andre the Giant was the biggest racist in wrestling anyway.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm not certain but I believe I found out the A&E Biography man who I liked the voice of is named Phil Crowley. Phil Crowley is 69 years old.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Dias posted:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Cavauro posted:

I didn't see the documentary. I don't know why I do that but I often pretend like I know about something and talk about it in a serious manner. at the time i'm doing it it feels "correct" for lack of a better word in this situation. i think this is (one of) the reason(s) that i scald my hands in the hottest water that the tap is capable of producing 1 to 2 times per day depending on how long i stay awake. I did see the A&E biography. I really liked the man's voice who did those in the late 1990s. I don't know where that man is now or if he is alive.

Get the gently caress off my stoop.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cavauro posted:

Bad News Allen tried to take a big poo poo onto Seth Rollins' genitals, but he missed because the penis was so much smaller than a healthy pwnis.
Now you're taking shitposting a little bit too literally.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Dias posted:

:hmmyes:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This matchup works even if Andre is a bit to high just cause Inoki sent Andre to shoot on Maeda only to have Maeda destroy Andre.

Also Inoki wins as he's pretty much as crazy as Vince only he got elected to office and had his bad booking blow up in his face

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I leaned Inoki here because he was a dangerous loving lunatic. Andre was a racist and an rear end in a top hat but Inoki was an even bigger rear end in a top hat.

Dias posted:

I did the math and this checks out

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i wonder who actually has the biggest rear end in a top hat in wrestling. probably Sunny.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Drew McIntyre posted:

i wonder who actually has the biggest rear end in a top hat in wrestling. probably Sunny.

Yokozuna was probably all hole between them cheeks.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Drew McIntyre posted:

Testekill posted:

Yokozuna was probably all hole between them cheeks.
:jail:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Drew McIntyre posted:

I think X-Pac, for a little while at least

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzq7JvLH8W4

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

north korea.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Drew McIntyre posted:

brian knobbs

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
WWE clearly was very involved in the Andre documentary, as evidenced by the fact that it ignores his time in Japan entirely and turns into a Hulk Hogan documentary in the final third.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1205663987385479168

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Terry Garvin. no contest. Serial rapist, serial sexual harasser, serial shithead in just about every respect. Meanwhile Amann is a bad doctor who hosed a patient and then sued a guy at his company's request. Not great but not on the level of Literal Serial Pedophile Rapist.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Garvin. Who I hope, is starvin’

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This one hurts because I feel really, really strongly that Amann's sins are way more serious than the ranking and people's comments treat it. A medical professional doing what's best for the corporation and not his patients is really loving horrible and evil and damaging and deserves way higher than a #15 seed. And that's without the whole "sleeping with a patient" horror. Its all deeply unethical poo poo and I feel like the only reason its not resonating more is that "ethics" are such a foreign idea to wrestling since its such a deeply unethical and evil business. edit: Or maybe because CM Punk is the one who blew the whistle and people have turned on him so much since then.

But... serial pedophile rapist.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 14, 2019

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Amann probably could be higher as the WWE Doctors reveal lots of bad things about the WWE and for profit medicine....Garvin easily. The Ring Boy scandal is vile and every new thing I learn about it pisses me off more

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Amann suing Punk for "defamation" only to get further exposed in the trial as an unethical creep was a hilarious self-own

There's nothing funny about Terry Garvin or the poo poo he did

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I would like to point out how pathetic Greg Oliver's obit for Terry Garvin is.

"It's unfortunate that Terry Garvin's legacy as a pro wrestler has been clouded by sexual allegations leveled against him in the early 1990s, leading to his dismissal from the WWF. "

http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/2005/12/22/1365103.html

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Shouldn't Amann be like disbarred or whatever the doctor thing (equiv to lawyers) for breaking the Hippocratic oath; but from quick googling he still seems to be the WWE Doc?

and I kinda feel that anyone related to the ringboy scandal should just not be included in these NY64's because they're always going to inevitably get into the finals/win; (same with Vince) -- just by give them all Lifetime Ultimate sick gently caress worst person(s) in wrestling Awards; which is basically above winning the whole thing...

edit: oh I guess that's not required and only like 30% of doctors take it and theres no punishment for breaking it.... well then shouldn't he be disbarred for medical malpractice or whatever; gently caress I don't get it anymore.

Hirez fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Dec 14, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hirez posted:

Shouldn't Amann be like disbarred or whatever the doctor thing (equiv to lawyers) for breaking the Hippocratic oath; but from quick googling he still seems to be the WWE Doc?
I'm reasonably certain the Hippocratic Oath isn't actually a thing that has actual consequences and hasn't been since like Ancient Greece.

But we do have review boards and ethics codes. But like as much as I understand it no one can take away your "license" for doctoring. You can be disbarred because a judge can just not allow you to try a case in front of him or they can not let you into the building. And if you violate ethical codes you could be kicked out of hospitals and blacklisted.
But no one can actually stop some rear end in a top hat from being a Doctor Feelgood or being an in house corporate rubber stamp as long as he's not breaking the law. And even then you have to catch and try him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hirez posted:

and I kinda feel that anyone related to the ringboy scandal should just not be included in these NY64's because they're always going to inevitably get into the finals/win; (same with Vince) -- just by give them all Lifetime Ultimate sick gently caress worst person(s) in wrestling Awards; which is basically above winning the whole thing...

edit: oh I guess that's not required and only like 30% of doctors take it and theres no punishment for breaking it.... well then shouldn't he be disbarred for medical malpractice or whatever; gently caress I don't get it anymore.

If we do a Most Disgusting WWE Promotional Tactic of 2019 Tournament it will be tough for the Ring Boy Scandal to come up unless Corey Graves decides to deny it happened on a podcast or something like that. We've got 2 weeks it could happen.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

STAC Goat posted:

I'm reasonably certain the Hippocratic Oath isn't actually a thing that has actual consequences and hasn't been since like Ancient Greece.

But we do have review boards and ethics codes. But like as much as I understand it no one can take away your "license" for doctoring. You can be disbarred because a judge can just not allow you to try a case in front of him or they can not let you into the building. And if you violate ethical codes you could be kicked out of hospitals and blacklisted.
But no one can actually stop some rear end in a top hat from being a Doctor Feelgood or being an in house corporate rubber stamp as long as he's not breaking the law. And even then you have to catch and try him.

a doctor can absolutely have their license revoked

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Drew McIntyre posted:

a doctor can absolutely have their license revoked

I stand corrected and should have kept my mouth shut.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

MassRafTer posted:

If we do a Most Disgusting WWE Promotional Tactic of 2019 Tournament it will be tough for the Ring Boy Scandal to come up unless Corey Graves decides to deny it happened on a podcast or something like that. We've got 2 weeks it could happen.

so all 3 (prolly 1 more cuck angle will be added by the end of the year) will be the final 4 (and Elias' song will be 4 if not)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I think you pretty much have to create a Mel Phillips Memorial Disgusting Hall Of Fame and induct Benoit and maybe Crown Jewel right away if you're going to run any more of these anyhow, even if you limit them to the current year. Saudi shows are going to continue and you just know they'll dismember Sami Zayn on one of them if the money's right.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Yeah, a serial rapist is much worse than a "bad, unethical doctor".

But I feel that Amman's crimes go beyond what he did to/with Punk. Think of all the wrestlers that have had injuries exacerbated after being cleared to wrestle when they clearly weren't. Think about how many people he must have misdiagnosed either intentionally at behest of a senile old man, or due to laziness/incompetence.

So yes, a rapist is worse, but Amman has ruined/hurt a lot of lives and bodies in his time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Amann's a way bigger villain than we know or are "crediting" him with. He didn't just treat one patient unethically. He should be much higher seeded and wrestling fans should take the accusations more seriously.

But he is where he is and he's gonna lose. I just want it to be clear the 15 seed should be higher and put up a fight.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
keep in mind that we don't know if Dr. Amann is not a serial rapist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1205698447497715713

Hogan gonna finally face a Vanilla Midget!