Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dragonatrix posted:

Ugh, it sucks that there's no good pick for the Krissmuss choice in the Money Pit. The theme hurts my eyes too much to ever use, so that'd be a waste and everything else is such a minor gain that it saves virtually no time and gives zero help. :sigh:

I mean 10k AP's not nothing (I guess depending on where you are in the game) but I chose the IOU because none of the other options meant a drat thing and I also find the theme unusably eye searing and maybe that'll mean something fun down the line :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm still early enough that 50PP was cool, I got the one that makes fruit of power B turn on after 30 minutes because I go for all of the "I'm an idiot and forget to do stuff" upgrades.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
The IOU will be very worth it.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I was a big fan of the 50 PP cuz that let me max my energy cap and move on to maxxing magic power, which was a pretty solid power bump while pushing my respawn NGU to 400

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

something posted:

2 giant cats

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Apparently this NGU IDLE game was made by a goon and per a guy on discord I'm supposed to post here, instead of posting in FYAD and getting yet another 6 hour probation

it is also a good game and I do enjoy it.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I took the PP and stuck two levels into the Ygg perks, seemed the smart choice. Maybe I should have stuck them into magic & energy though. Que sera. :v:

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Francis posted:

Ideally there should be as little difference as possible between having the game closed and having the game open but not touching anything. Redistributing resources, allocating points, and changing equipment sets are all active play, and that doing those things will give you more progress than sitting on the game for a day isn't the question here.

NGU is pretty good about tracking offline progress in some way for everything except drops, and whoops, that's by far the most important thing in the game. I understand it would be prohibitively difficult to track drops (mainly due to inventory problems) but I wish it gave you something like a lootbox for offline progress. Take the number of highest titan kills or kills in a zone and use that factor to modify the drop rate and/or dropped level of a single roll at the loot table. Or at least apply offline ITOPOD boost drops to the cube.

Agreed. I've been working on the Rad-Lands set for a few days now, and between the drop rate being 1.83%/5.48% (post charm boost) and it taking a fair few ticks to down each enemy in idle mode it's already like I'm farming offline, I just need to leave the game open for far longer stretches than I would otherwise. This has been the case for maybe a half-dozen sets or more if I tackle them as soon as they're available to me. It's effectively an "offline" experience since I don't touch it at all thanks to merge-slots, but I still have to have the game open and tying up resources. I'm not saying this is a change that's needed at all tiers of play, since I remember pre-Evil being able to bang out a new set pretty quickly, but with it take what feels like longer and longer I wouldn't mind having a feature that allowed what's pretty much already offline play to be actual offline play.

The numbers input thing is probably a much bigger priority but I'd really love some eventual feature that lets you use offline time for item drops, even at a less-than 1:1 ratio.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Just a friendly reminder to backup your saves. For some god awful reason I didn't do that NGU when I stopped playing it last on Kartridge and now it doesn't show a cloud save on the service. At least I can go back and load up my old Kongregate save, but it's a few months behind in progress, including not having unlocked Wishes and all that fun.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
Echoing that not getting drops offline is really inconvenient and jarring given that everything else ticks up just fine

I don't want to give you any ideas, but you could probably add it for 300k AP and buy a yacht the next day

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

For comparison's sake, and I'm not saying this is what NGU needs to do, this is what WAMI does: It saves a value equal to the time you've been offline, up to a cap. That cap is, by default, 12 hours. It can be doubled via an XP item permanently. There are other ways to boost it a bit further as well, I think. Anyway, when you come back online you can "toggle" it to speed up the overall tick rate of WAI's own adventure mode, like everything is sped up quite a bit. This chews through your banked time at the rate the actual tick speed has been boosted to. Right now I chew through my 12 hour bank in what feels like a couple of hours tops.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'm just getting back into NGU after losing my old save from I dunno, years ago. Time to grind out some number

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

KazigluBey posted:

For comparison's sake, and I'm not saying this is what NGU needs to do, this is what WAMI does: It saves a value equal to the time you've been offline, up to a cap. That cap is, by default, 12 hours. It can be doubled via an XP item permanently. There are other ways to boost it a bit further as well, I think. Anyway, when you come back online you can "toggle" it to speed up the overall tick rate of WAI's own adventure mode, like everything is sped up quite a bit. This chews through your banked time at the rate the actual tick speed has been boosted to. Right now I chew through my 12 hour bank in what feels like a couple of hours tops.

I tried Wizard and Minion Idle and the ui is really unattractive and there's all these things that look like they should do something when you click them but nothing happens. What gives????

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I'm just getting back into NGU after losing my old save from I dunno, years ago. Time to grind out some number

:getin:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

explosivo posted:

I mean 10k AP's not nothing (I guess depending on where you are in the game) but I chose the IOU because none of the other options meant a drat thing and I also find the theme unusably eye searing and maybe that'll mean something fun down the line :shrug:

10k AP's the best alternative, sure, but it's not really enough to be worthwhile progress to anything (I'm at the end of Normal; working toward Beast v4). Plus with the new Challenge revamp, I did two 24 hour ones and got more than quintuple that in like 8 minutes. :v:

Maybe I'm just being dense here, but... what IOU?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dragonatrix posted:

Maybe I'm just being dense here, but... what IOU?

One of the options was an IOU for something to be revealed at a later date.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

explosivo posted:

One of the options was an IOU for something to be revealed at a later date.

(Kartridge) I just saw AP, EXP, PP, QP, and perma-theme (picked this one, obv), no button for IOU.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Hope the experience this time is much smoother!

fake edit: The IOU only shows if you have progressed far enough.

something fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 14, 2019

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Iou only shows as an option if you have killed exile, it probably means something

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Vil posted:

(Kartridge) I just saw AP, EXP, PP, QP, and perma-theme (picked this one, obv), no button for IOU.

Same here, that's all i saw on Kartridge. No biggie though, the 50pp was nice as it saved me about a week of saving up for where i am.

Challenge changes are an amazing QoL upgrade though. I can get through the basic one in an hour and 15 minutes (not sure how you could do it faster), so now i've got 4/5 completions which is awesome.

Offline loot in some form would be pretty awesome if possible. I don't really want to leave my laptop on running the game while i'm out at work all day (or asleep), so when i get back i've only really got a couple of hours to have the game open and it feels like that's a huuuge bottleneck to my progress just now.

It wasn't so bad up until about the Megalands but the beardverse is just so slow with the drop rate that it's going to be months at this rate to get the set up to level 100 with the time i've got to play.

Are there any stats available that show player retention? Like is there a clear point where people just start dropping off?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Kin posted:

Same here, that's all i saw on Kartridge. No biggie though, the 50pp was nice as it saved me about a week of saving up for where i am.

Challenge changes are an amazing QoL upgrade though. I can get through the basic one in an hour and 15 minutes (not sure how you could do it faster), so now i've got 4/5 completions which is awesome.

Offline loot in some form would be pretty awesome if possible. I don't really want to leave my laptop on running the game while i'm out at work all day (or asleep), so when i get back i've only really got a couple of hours to have the game open and it feels like that's a huuuge bottleneck to my progress just now.

It wasn't so bad up until about the Megalands but the beardverse is just so slow with the drop rate that it's going to be months at this rate to get the set up to level 100 with the time i've got to play.

Are there any stats available that show player retention? Like is there a clear point where people just start dropping off?

I have some for kong and generally d1 is the biggest dropoff/weakest point, and then and it gets better the longer-term you go.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I tried evil for about nine hours and I definitely am feeling the slog. I hadn’t done all of the normal challenges, though, so with the revamp I’m pushing through those, with an eye on spending some of the xp I get on adventure stats to help get up to to Evilverse requirements. Definitely liking the change to the challenges to boot, I’m finally getting enough AP to buy the rest of my beard and digger slots.

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~
I picked the IOU assuming it's something new feature related, maybe the new heart for free?

Was hoping this was going to be the Exile feature update, as I have no real achievable goals to focus on while grinding stats to beat Exile V4. Maybe time to go back and replay other idles.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Shadowstar posted:

I picked the IOU assuming it's something new feature related, maybe the new heart for free?

Was hoping this was going to be the Exile feature update, as I have no real achievable goals to focus on while grinding stats to beat Exile V4. Maybe time to go back and replay other idles.

You probably will be able to take out v4 before the January update if you click 5 buttons a day.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
So uh No Equipment Challenge doesn't change the boss number. It's been telling me to fight #66 for all 5 completions and succeeds every time. :v:

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Im stuck at interdimensional party. :/
8e19 power
4e19 toughness

maxed my question and wishes adventure (first tiers)

going to be a while before i get 3-4e20 ><

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Shadowstar posted:

i doubt it's going to be "10000 AP now, or 200000 AP later"

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Lone Goat posted:

I tried Wizard and Minion Idle and the ui is really unattractive and there's all these things that look like they should do something when you click them but nothing happens. What gives????

It's got a stunningly ugly aesthetic and some features clash terribly with each other in terms of visuals. I'm also not sure about the whole theme that the game runs with because it feels poorly executed.

The experience vis-a-vis making small numbers become bigger numbers is pretty good, tho, and it's neat to compare it to NGU and see what's been iterated on successfully and what hasn't.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Is there any reason to keep Maxxed equipment in NGU if it's not good otherwise? I'm still hurting for inventory space cause I'm so early in the game.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm also on Kart and chose the IOU option :shrug:

Maybe it's a progression gated choice?

EDIT: ^^^ Nope, if you're not using the gear you can get rid of it after maxing it out.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If you're not wearing it, and you're never gonna wear it, just chuck it.

Once you get later in the game you could farm up another max green set of sewer loot or whatever in a matter of minutes if you decided you really wanted to hit people with a "stick", there's no sense hanging on to it.

Later on you'll run into loot that's more difficult to farm, and you can consider hanging on to that a little longer, but at that point you'll have a better idea about what stuff is potentially useful in the future vs. what is just completely obsolete once you're wearing the next tier up.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Well some you keep because the Special is uncommon, like Respawn. Others like to keep an entire suit dedicated for gold drops so you have a marginally bigger boost to your base gold per second. Apart from that, ditch the equipment because the latest tier tends to be the best.

(You will pry away Lemmiwinks from my cold dead hands, though!)

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Not unless it has rare stats on it. The first of those would probably be King Circle's amulet or the stapler and tie from Jake, so if you're not at least that far you can safely toss it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I think the first one I held for a while was the Cheese for the Gold Drops but that might vary from player to player. The general gist of it is that you'll keep Accs with special Special stats and sometimes other types of equipment for a one-off loadout but that's much further than you currently are.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

something posted:

I didn't see the IOU :(

edit: oh I'm not leet enough for it

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Sage Grimm posted:

So uh No Equipment Challenge doesn't change the boss number. It's been telling me to fight #66 for all 5 completions and succeeds every time. :v:

Uhhhhhhh

What did it do before per completion?

Oh dear

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I don't remember whether no equipment was one of the scaling challenges or not, tbh.

One bug I will report is that the tooltips on finishing the challenge still reference the old rewards (e.g. when you finish a no-rebirth challenge the tooltip says -3 minutes to titan respawns, even though you now get -15).

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

something posted:

Uhhhhhhh

What did it do before per completion?

Oh dear

Lol I thought hat was intentional

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

I'm almost positive that No Equipment never required higher boss kills, because months ago I pushed through all of them way earlier than I probably should have in order to max out Auto Boost and an increasing boss target probably would have made me stop trying to do them all at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
yeah none of basic/100/aug/noequip scaled, nothing changed or broke there

e: it would actually be pretty interesting if noequip scaled, but that would put it among the harder challenges, with a reward that's pretty much just convenience

Francis fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Dec 14, 2019