Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bootsy
Jun 29, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

What is "hope"? Can I buy it on Amazon?

Also known as a murder of Karens.

Way too late on this, but everyone knows a group of Karens is actually called a “complaint.”

A complaint of Karens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/nickciarelli/status/1205535544228212736?s=20

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Can anything be read into the SCOTUS taking up the case on Trump's tax returns? My gut is that they just want to rule on an important case, but I'm no expert.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Trump appears to set personal record for tweets in a day
thehill.com/12/12/19
"President Trump on Thursday set a personal record for use of Twitter in a single day since taking office, blasting out more than 120 tweets or retweets in 24 hours."

McConnell Faces Calls to Recuse Himself From Impeachment Trial After Saying 'No Chance' Trump Will Be Removed
commondreams.org/December 13, 2019
'...the Kentucky Republican said "there's no chance the president's going to be removed from office."'

Val Demings charges Mitch McConnell cannot take oath for impeachment, must withdraw
floridapolitics.com/December 13, 2019
"Contending that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s comments Thursday indicate he can no longer be an impartial juror, Democratic U.S. Rep. Val Demings charged Friday that he must recuse himself in any Senate impeachment trial of President Donald Trump.

Demings, a former Orlando police chief, cited current Senate rules that require Senators in an impeachment to take an oath of impartial justice, and said McConnell no longer can take such an oath."

Mitch McConnell Laughs While Bragging About How He Sabotaged President Obama
leftoverrights.com/December 13, 2019

House passes bill to lower prescription drug costs
cbsnews.com/December 12, 2019

Federal judge rules American Samoans are US citizens by birth
cnn.com/December 12, 2019
'"This court is not imposing "citizenship by judicial fiat." The action is required by the mandate of the Fourteenth Amendment as construed and applied by Supreme Court precedent," wrote Judge Clark Waddoups in the US District Court for the District of Utah.'

A Child’s Forehead Partially Removed, Four Deaths, The Wrong Medicine — A Secret Report Exposes Health Care For Jailed Immigrants
buzzfeednews.com/December 12, 2019
"The allegations appear in an explosive Department of Homeland Security memo, obtained by BuzzFeed News, containing reports of detainees being given incorrect medication, suffering from delays in treating withdrawal symptoms, and one who was allowed to become so mentally unstable he lacerated his own penis and required reparative surgery."

Anti-Johnson protests kick off in London and Glasgow
aljazeera.com/6 hours ago
"Hundreds of protesters have marched through central London to protest against the United Kingdom's snap election result that saw Prime Minister Boris Johnson's Conservative Party sweep to a landslide victory."

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Otteration posted:

lacerated his own penis

Anti-Johnson protests

:hmmyes:

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Trump continues to scream how great the economy is.

Meanwhile anybody with access to Google can see Christmas sales are middling. Because nobody has any loving money.

What exactly is the benefit of a "booming" economy (and lol obviously is isn't anyway) if nobody has any loving money

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Otteration posted:

Trump appears to set personal record for tweets in a day
thehill.com/12/12/19
"President Trump on Thursday set a personal record for use of Twitter in a single day since taking office, blasting out more than 120 tweets or retweets in 24 hours."

McConnell Faces Calls to Recuse Himself From Impeachment Trial After Saying 'No Chance' Trump Will Be Removed
commondreams.org/December 13, 2019
'...the Kentucky Republican said "there's no chance the president's going to be removed from office."'

Val Demings charges Mitch McConnell cannot take oath for impeachment, must withdraw
floridapolitics.com/December 13, 2019
"Contending that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s comments Thursday indicate he can no longer be an impartial juror, Democratic U.S. Rep. Val Demings charged Friday that he must recuse himself in any Senate impeachment trial of President Donald Trump.

Demings, a former Orlando police chief, cited current Senate rules that require Senators in an impeachment to take an oath of impartial justice, and said McConnell no longer can take such an oath."

Makes me wonder if a governor can sanction their own Senator or congressional representative if they no longer represent the state or follow the Constitution.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mendrian posted:

Meanwhile anybody with access to Google can see Christmas sales are middling. Because nobody has any loving money.

What exactly is the benefit of a "booming" economy (and lol obviously is isn't anyway) if nobody has any loving money

it also doesnt help with that even with the "booming" economy, trump and alot of the GOPs polling is down the shitter bad.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

Young Freud posted:

Makes me wonder if a governor can sanction their own Senator or congressional representative if they no longer represent the state or follow the Constitution.

Likely depends on the state, it's constitution, and POLITICS!.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Mendrian posted:

Christmas sales

After we get atmospheric CO2 levels reasonably down, and maybe hire some unicorns to finally find the arc during a two hour History channel special, it might be nice if we could figure out a way to unchain the 80% or whatever of retail sales that HAS to happen during a single holiday. Trump hat sales ain't cutting it.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Otteration posted:

Of course Lindsey wouldn't normally care about his earlier blathering, but his voters might these days.

New poll shows Lindsey Graham 'extremely vulnerable' in 2020
americanindependent.com/December 13, 2019

Throw it at some SC folks if you know any (or know any that know any).

I think the GOP’s a lot more vulnerable in a lot more places than most people yet realize. When the senate clears Trump it will only probably intensify.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I think the GOP’s a lot more vulnerable in a lot more places than most people yet realize. When the senate clears Trump it will only probably intensify.

Throw it at some SC folks if you know any (or know any that know any).

:)

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Can anything be read into the SCOTUS taking up the case on Trump's tax returns? My gut is that they just want to rule on an important case, but I'm no expert.

Taking the case delays things. They could be helping run out the clock - by the time the decision is reached it no longer matters.

Jaster
Nov 15, 2007

Buffer posted:

Taking the case delays things. They could be helping run out the clock - by the time the decision is reached it no longer matters.

Yeah, I guess if they had not taken the case it would've just been... the end? Would that just mean the immediate release of all documents?

If SCOTUS actually rules against Trump here does he have any more cards to play to delay the game even further?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Otteration posted:

After we get atmospheric CO2 levels reasonably down, and maybe hire some unicorns to finally find the arc during a two hour History channel special, it might be nice if we could figure out a way to unchain the 80% or whatever of retail sales that HAS to happen during a single holiday. Trump hat sales ain't cutting it.

I mean yes, you're right, but as a barometer of how much money the "average" person has to spend it's what we have right now.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Mendrian posted:

My apologies, but do you have any articles about declining Christmas sales? It doesn't look like things are too bad from my quick Google search and I want to be sure that I am looking in the right places!

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

bootsy posted:

Way too late on this, but everyone knows a group of Karens is actually called a “complaint.”

A complaint of Karens.

Here in the southwest it's referred to as a "bothering".

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Mendrian posted:

I mean yes, you're right, but as a barometer of how much money the "average" person has to spend it's what we have right now.

Cool, keep or spend it in June or July. Put on a new roof. Buy a bus pass. Pay the bills. Invest in your teeth when you can. Pay the rent. Whatever.

Xmas? Lights? Hug your family. Make a gift, light a candle. Hug a retail employee in the summer. Don't have to spend it right now.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mendrian posted:

Trump is an idiot and thinks the stock market is the economy. If his stocks are doing well everyone else must be too!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Electric Bugaloo posted:

yeah. i think the GOP is super high on there own bullshit, the smart ones are bailing hard and but the true believers/shitfuck opportunists are gonna keep digging because they believe their own bullshit now even though the sirens are going off. i am not saying dont worry and do nothing. obviously do what you can and keep the pressure up.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
WHERE'S HUNTER!? IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1205675536787349510

yeah ok.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Dammerung posted:

My apologies, but do you have any articles about declining Christmas sales? It doesn't look like things are too bad from my quick Google search and I want to be sure that I am looking in the right places!

Down 1.2% since 2017 is kinda big for a small retailer with expanding overheads that maybe wants to insure and even pay employees. Enough even to lead to more WalMart razor-thin employee cost cutting too. The constant wild dips and valleys are always fun for long-term planning too.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I looked at the guys twitter page and he's totally anti-Mike Bloomberg now and I read backwards to the point where they said he didn't work for them. Hilarious.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Opps, forgot the kitty tax for the rest of us:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Otteration posted:

Opps, forgot the kitty tax:

was that a whale?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

was that a whale?

Yep, was.

Edit: Polar bears didn't used to have to congregate to eat.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Otteration posted:

Yep, was.

Edit: Polar bears didn't used to have to congregate to eat.

yay :(

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

InsertPotPun posted:

"I'd rather a thousand guilty men go free than one innocent man spend a day in prison" is a noble and good sentiment...UNLESS THERE'S LITERALLY A MOTHERFUCKING MONEY TRAIL YOU loving GOBSHITE

innocent birb tax
this is an extremely disingenuous reading and you're being a bloody wanker bruv

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

They are going to go extinct in our lifetime. :smith:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Furnaceface posted:

They are going to go extinct in our lifetime. :smith:

Or they'll just keep moving south and continue to cross-breed with grizzlies.

ZorpZuppins
Nov 8, 2012

Republicans posted:

Or they'll just keep moving south and continue to cross-breed with grizzlies.

The unlucky survivors of our societal collapse will be preyed upon by hybrid superbears, so that's fun at least.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
I don't get this. I'm 100% going to take Graham at his word: if a republican president had ever been a democrat he absolutely would have gone after him with full force.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

InsertPotPun posted:

I don't get this. I'm 100% going to take Graham at his word: if a republican president had ever been a democrat he absolutely would have gone after him with full force.

I'm convinced an intentional consequence of Trump impeachment is any Dem President in the future will get a full brunt force of bullshit investigation/impeachment inquires, so it isn't wrong in the sense of "If he wasn't on our side we'd actually do something about it"

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1205654463484235776

Here we loving go.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"rapidly"

Goddamn exsanguinate the media

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Oh wow The Examiner did a racism? Guess everyone purporting to be a journalist is to blame - Nobody

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Munkeymon posted:

Oh wow The Examiner did a racism? Guess everyone purporting to be a journalist is to blame - Nobody

Worked on Corbyn, so try it on Sanders, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/funtimewfriendz/status/1205599176534347776?s=20