Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

There used to be.

There never was such a forum 😟

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Ive never played mafia

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

GulagDolls posted:

Ive never played mafia

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay
I am new. Howdy

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Mafia bad and dead which is good

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Lumpen posted:

I just saw that imgay got permabanned today. The Mafia roster thins...

we should run a game not in traditional games

by "we" I mean "not I" as I am possibly the worst mafia moderator

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epsilon Plus posted:

there's only one man for the job of hosting a really bad game in gbs.

...where's solus when you need him?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

ive never hosted a game but i'd take a swing at running a gbs game

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i could also just advertise the next couple games in my gbs thread. after all im like basically a celebrity and have all the clout on this website

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Mr. Steak posted:

i could also just advertise the next couple games in my gbs thread. after all im like basically a celebrity and have all the clout on this website

Teach me meat mate

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
GBS recruitment games are so last year, we should recruit from other SOURCES as well...

like... QCS fufufu

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Snooze Cruise posted:

GBS recruitment games are so last year, we should recruit from other SOURCES as well...

like... QCS fufufu

The scumteam would be 3 people: a question, a comment, and a suggestion

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Snooze Cruise posted:

like... QCS fufufu
A soldiers game with one thread in QCS and the other in FYAD...

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Meinberg posted:

Mafia bad and dead which is good

:cloud:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20 posted:

Current Team

Bifauxnen, the Cinderace

Mr Humalong, the Eldegoss

Mr. Steak, the Sylveon

Murmurtwin, the Gastrodon.

Infinitum, the Pawniard

Monathin, the Rotom.

Okay I'm going to admit this basically makes no sense and is a confusing part of the game. Oleana doesn't want us to go to Rose tower because the Chairman is having a meeting with Lee.

I'm unsure exactly why it's so vital that we not go there, but okay?

She forces us to go on the runaround trying to find members of League staff she bribed to hide the key to Rose tower from us.

There's a pretty cool set of fights though where Marnie leads team Yell in cheering us on.

And Piers starts a concert to distract some of the guards.

We get the key and head to the monorail.

Piers and Marnie opt to hold off pursuing guards.

We end up in the good old RPG lift where we fight bad guys in sequence. Hop full heals us each time so we mow them down.

We find Oleana at the top, lamenting her inability to stop us.

She then goes full crazy and tries to battle.

Yeah, froslass doesn't last long.

Is it cheeky Ole? Really?

We get her down to her last pokemon fairly quickly.

It's a Garbodor. A goddamn Gigantimaxed pile of garbage. Why Nintendo? Why was this one not cut?

MMT has none of it.

And the battle ends with Ole looking much less crazy.

We get to a cutscene showing the Chairman and Lee chatting away. Apparently the Chairman wants to enact a plan tomorrow that would stop the championship game. Lee is very, very upset about this.

The Chairman explains that Galar is a beautiful place that needs energy going forward and that he needs to ensure that it remains secure.

When Lee asks for delay, the Chairman rebuffs him with this line. It's not sufficient for him to delay trying to change the future if the future can be changed now.

But he appears to back down when Hop and I interfere, letting us walk him and Lee back to the hotel.

But he gets some ominous foreshadowing in.

What could this all mean?

We'll have to find out next time, when we fight the champ.

Current Team

Bifauxnen, the Cinderace

Mr. Steak, the Sylveon

Infinitum, the Pawniard

Monathin, the Rotom.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

I only registered 12 years ago, but I had a distinct memory of reading Cliff Yablonski in Grade 10, which would have been in 1999/2000.
:corsair:

We are the same age, friend.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

youre all like 20 years older than me :ohdearsass:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

merk posted:

Me too!

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'll fight you for that title

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Snooze Cruise posted:

like... QCS fufufu

a very long time ago I played in a fire and ice game themed on PCs vs. consoles that with some tweaking could probably do well in games

also a while ago I pitched Democratic Party Nominee Mafia

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey you guys remember the 90s?
Good times

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Retro Futurist posted:

Hey you guys remember the 90s?

nope!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Epsilon Plus posted:

also a while ago I pitched Democratic Party Nominee Mafia

I will not play in this but I will absolutely read this

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Any mafias open?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I was having a conversation with a good friend recently, the idea was that if you could live in the zeitgeist and technology level of a single year, repeating for the rest of your life, which would you choose? I chose late 1998. The N64 and the PS1 were the new hotness (Ocarina of Time, Banjo-Kazooie, Metal Gear Solid, Crash Bandicoot 3, Resident Evil 1 and 2, Pokemon Yellow, all out by this point), but the SNES was still going strong. Ellen had come out about a year before, Pokemania was alive and well, the internet was this cool new things, the economy was doing okay. My English friend chose the mid-2000s, nostalgia reasons.

My ex turned it into a rant about how the industrial revolution was the worst thing to ever happen to humanity. :yikes:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tommu posted:

Any mafias open?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3906679

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3896200

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

This is now open for signups. The big soldiers game of the Winter, starting in the New Year.

I need 40 people to sign up, so I'm really hoping you guys will prove mafia isn't actually dead.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

I was having a conversation with a good friend recently, the idea was that if you could live in the zeitgeist and technology level of a single year, repeating for the rest of your life, which would you choose? I chose late 1998. The N64 and the PS1 were the new hotness (Ocarina of Time, Banjo-Kazooie, Metal Gear Solid, Crash Bandicoot 3, Resident Evil 1 and 2, Pokemon Yellow, all out by this point), but the SNES was still going strong. Ellen had come out about a year before, Pokemania was alive and well, the internet was this cool new things, the economy was doing okay. My English friend chose the mid-2000s, nostalgia reasons.

My ex turned it into a rant about how the industrial revolution was the worst thing to ever happen to humanity. :yikes:

I think that's a strong choice, though I wonder if I'd feel as enthused as a twentysomething lacking whatever I've since become accustomed to.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Also, yes, this means I'm freshly single again (again).

Ladies. :wink:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

Also, yes, this means I'm freshly single again (again).

Ladies. :wink:

That's an odd thing to break up over but I respect it

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

That's an odd thing to break up over but I respect it
It's more like a hint about why I broke up with her.

TL;DR: Whenever I disagreed with her about anything in even slightly the wrong way, she turned it into a conversation about how I was communicating.This is a problem considering how strongly opinionated she is. Our second-to-last big fight was because I suggested she join a writing club, since her aspiration is to be a professional author. Our relationship-ending fight was me trying to talk to her about said communication issues.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PMush Perfect posted:

It's more like a hint about why I broke up with her.

TL;DR: Whenever I disagreed with her about anything in even slightly the wrong way, she turned it into a conversation about how I was communicating.This is a problem considering how strongly opinionated she is. Our second-to-last big fight was because I suggested she join a writing club, since her aspiration is to be a professional author. Our relationship-ending fight was me trying to talk to her about said communication issues.

yeah, it's rarely just one thing (with the exception of cheating i guess, but that surely stems from deeper relationship issues)
but when "the straw that broke the blah blah" is something trivial, it's funny to say you broke up with them for that.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

yeah, it's rarely just one thing (with the exception of cheating i guess, but that surely stems from deeper relationship issues)
but when "the straw that broke the blah blah" is something trivial, it's funny to say you broke up with them for that.

I ended a 12 year marriage when he threw out my corn chips

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Bifauxnen posted:

My corndolances

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tommu posted:

My corndolances

:perfect:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

Good.

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

@busb kiss me

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Natural 20 posted:

Okay I'm going to admit this basically makes no sense and is a confusing part of the game. Oleana doesn't want us to go to Rose tower because the Chairman is having a meeting with Lee.

I'm unsure exactly why it's so vital that we not go there, but okay?

She forces us to go on the runaround trying to find members of League staff she bribed to hide the key to Rose tower from us.

There's a pretty cool set of fights though where Marnie leads team Yell in cheering us on.

And Piers starts a concert to distract some of the guards.

We get the key and head to the monorail.

Piers and Marnie opt to hold off pursuing guards.

We end up in the good old RPG lift where we fight bad guys in sequence. Hop full heals us each time so we mow them down.

We find Oleana at the top, lamenting her inability to stop us.

She then goes full crazy and tries to battle.

Yeah, froslass doesn't last long.

Is it cheeky Ole? Really?

We get her down to her last pokemon fairly quickly.

It's a Garbodor. A goddamn Gigantimaxed pile of garbage. Why Nintendo? Why was this one not cut?

MMT has none of it.

And the battle ends with Ole looking much less crazy.

We get to a cutscene showing the Chairman and Lee chatting away. Apparently the Chairman wants to enact a plan tomorrow that would stop the championship game. Lee is very, very upset about this.

The Chairman explains that Galar is a beautiful place that needs energy going forward and that he needs to ensure that it remains secure.

When Lee asks for delay, the Chairman rebuffs him with this line. It's not sufficient for him to delay trying to change the future if the future can be changed now.

But he appears to back down when Hop and I interfere, letting us walk him and Lee back to the hotel.

But he gets some ominous foreshadowing in.

What could this all mean?

We'll have to find out next time, when we fight the champ.

Current Team

Bifauxnen, the Cinderace

Mr. Steak, the Sylveon

Infinitum, the Pawniard

Monathin, the Rotom.

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009