Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Thanks for posting a bunch of ports? I'm talking first party Xbox games. And really Halo Infinite at the moment. Those will suffer. Like I said before if I wanna play 3rd party stuff why would I do so on Xbox. Like Rocket League was free on PS4. DMC 5's worst version is Xbox. Same for Monster Hunter.

RBX fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Dec 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is your argument that no games besides first party games will be added to game pass in the future? The fact that they are ports doesn't change the fact that you can pay a reasonable price and play all of them for much less than it would cost to buy them outright.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

RBX posted:

DMC 5's worst version is Xbox. Same for Monster Hunter.

???

Here is a list of games that look/run better on One X than the Pro:
all of them

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I think the design is pretty great if it means making it cooler and quieter. I was afraid it was going to be gaudy like the original Xbox literal giant X design. Like the PSV dev kits lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

RBX posted:

Thanks for posting a bunch of ports? I'm talking first party Xbox games.

RBX posted:

No this gamepass poo poo is stupid and unsustainable. Something's gonna give. All the gamepass games are gonna be shallow husks and you have to pay for parts of the game.

:confused:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Fanatic posted:

???

all of them

This is actually not even remotely true but ok

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you like playing lots of different games, some of considerably quality, gamepass is good. If you pirate or purchase tons of games, it will be default be less valuable to you. If the only games you play with no exception are nintendo or playstation first party titles Im not sure why are you even in this thread.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

Is your argument that no games besides first party games will be added to game pass in the future? The fact that they are ports doesn't change the fact that you can pay a reasonable price and play all of them for much less than it would cost to buy them outright.

Who has time to play games they wouldn't buy without gamepass and the actual good games out there? I'm gonna put Nier, Doom, and Astral Chain on hold to play old gamepass games? In the time it would take me to play the game pass stuff I would be able to just buy them for hella cheap on sale.

Fanatic posted:

???

all of them

In perfect world yes, but this is real life and you can just Google the facts. Dev time and install base makes Xbox One X upgrades not always a priority for developers. If everybody would just target 1080p on the X it would be a much better console.

Barudak posted:

If you like playing lots of different games, some of considerably quality, gamepass is good. If you pirate or purchase tons of games, it will be default be less valuable to you. If the only games you play with no exception are nintendo or playstation first party titles Im not sure why are you even in this thread.

I'd play Xbox first party games if they made more than 2 a year.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I thought "get a Pro for exclusives and an X for multiplatforms" was the consensus, having all current consoles is still cheaper than building a 4K-ready PC - just try and match RDR2's 4K30 target with comparable hardware.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
fuckin lol if you make your decision on what console to buy on any kind of information or pattern except what crackheads happen to sell the most of to the pawn store nearest to you

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

fuckin lol if you make your decision on what console to buy on any kind of information or pattern except what crackheads happen to sell the most of to the pawn store nearest to you

Help, Im drowning in cracked-hinge DS lites and copies of Bratz Ponyz

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
It’s a regional thing I think, I’m currently rocking a 360 with blank case copies of borderlands 2 (I want to say, 4?)

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ruffian Price posted:

I thought "get a Pro for exclusives and an X for multiplatforms" was the consensus, having all current consoles is still cheaper than building a 4K-ready PC - just try and match RDR2's 4K30 target with comparable hardware.

It was until the results came in and devs opt to just scale from PS4 pro down and give X minor stuff. Some games do give X more love but most don't. And gently caress 4k, that's stupid currently. Way too much money for small gains. Buying both consoles is really dumb of me now with Xbox stuff just coming to PC.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

This is actually not even remotely true but ok

There are like two dozen games that are Pro-patched but not X-patched, even.

Not to mention the massive library of games that aren't patched on either console and are therefore better on PS4.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Stux posted:

why would i pick it over humble monthly

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Fanatic posted:

???

all of them

now do the base console versions which is what most people still own by an overwhelming ratio

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

RBX posted:

It was until the results came in and devs opt to just scale from PS4 pro down and give X minor stuff. Some games do give X more love but most don't. And gently caress 4k, that's stupid currently. Way too much money for small gains. Buying both consoles is really dumb of me now with Xbox stuff just coming to PC.

What the hell are you talking about, 4k TV's and monitors are not that expensive anymore, and even without that being able to turn on my Xbox and play games without waiting for various patches and driver updates is always nice. Split screen and local coop for the games that Support it always makes for some fun family or friends time and on PC that isn't going to happen as computer monitors are smaller as you sit closer so not great for that or unlike consoles they can't login so only one gets to save the progress

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol at calling 4K expensive.

Gamers are the cheapest hobbyists in history

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

He's talking about the cost of hardware that can properly render modern games at 4K, not the display, you absolute boners.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

univbee posted:

He's talking about the cost of hardware that can properly render modern games at 4K, not the display, you absolute boners.

The X is 100 more if that when I'm sale than the S

ufarn
May 30, 2009
4K is expensive if you you have to buy a separate UHD player because the PS4 can't be arsed.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

so you can download all your games to a windows folder level restriction and be forced to play them with other UWP users instead of with your steam friends

or so your can play games at subpar quality on your xbox one

or everytime you get the urge to play doom your brain does some quick math and determines that $10 a month sub for a rental is cheaper than having got doom on sale for https://www.humblebundle.com/store/doom at $5.99 (lol i was expecting doom to be at least $10). This sale ends in 4 hours, everybody buy this if you haven't already.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Fanatic posted:

???

all of them

two of my favorite new games in the last year look a lot better on the pro: death stranding and persona 5

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Celexi posted:

The X is 100 more if that when I'm sale than the S

Would be nice if it actually hit 4K with most titles.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xbox is good and innovative and 20 inches tall lmao so lay off you meanies

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

ethanol posted:

two of my favorite new games in the last year look a lot better on the pro: death stranding and persona 5

If they're your favorite games why are you whining about the xbox instead of playing them?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

SUNKOS posted:

If they're your favorite games why are you whining about the xbox instead of playing them?

guess you hate xbox and think it sucks if u had time to make this post instead of playing xbox

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Lunchposting owns, but my coffee is nearly cold now. Perhaps it is me who has been owned.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PC Game Pass is good, except the app which is bad, and I have no reason to even consider buying the next x-box one x series x scorpio x

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Game Pass in general is good, and has breathed new life into my Xbox and caused me to play lots of games that I didn't really think were my cup of tea, like Bloodlines. While at the same time also saving me from spending 60 bucks on games that are my cup of tea but kind of suck, like Outer Worlds.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
All yall with tiny hands bragging about using the elite paddles.

I have to disable the buttons, even the shorted paddle my fingers naturally rest on top of.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

All yall with tiny hands bragging about using the elite paddles.

I have to disable the buttons, even the shorted paddle my fingers naturally rest on top of.

Look at this guy without fine motor skills.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah they're supposed to rest on top of the paddles, that's what makes them convenient

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

univbee posted:

Would be nice if it actually hit 4K with most titles.

It does in more than the ps4 pro lol

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

ethanol posted:

dead stranding doesn't exist for xbox, and according to https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-death-stranding-ps4-ps4-pro-performance-analysis somehow runs worse on the pro than ps4 so lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
what if i told you, both the ps4 pro and xbox one x suck and are a waste of money and most people just have a normal ps4...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
would you like to see how deep this rabbit hole goes

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Celexi posted:

It does in more than the ps4 pro lol

Pretty sure this isn’t true either.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

univbee posted:

Pretty sure this isn’t true either.

It actually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Celexi posted:

dead stranding doesn't exist for xbox, and according to https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-death-stranding-ps4-ps4-pro-performance-analysis somehow runs worse on the pro than ps4 so lmao

did you even read the article you linked?

anyways my goty, that was an incredible game, and some of the best graphics ive seen this console gen