Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Captain Invictus posted:

also what were the AMVs woolie was talking about in the podcast, I can't remember the names of them

shame on them for not mentioning Pencilhead though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bx0dEYiDYw&hd=1

This is the one from a long time ago that woolie mentioned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZO30DX1TrQ

And this is the new one from 2016 he mentioned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aht9ZSwpMCk

Also he did some Death Stranding side poo poo off camera and sucks at it significantly less now, although I haven't watched the one from yesterday yet, but assuming that's not a poo poo-show, good on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
thanks man!

also, and I am assuming they will not be keeping the stream overlay for the youtube uploads, but let the records show that while playing Indivisible Woolie is wearing a bright pink kirby onesie

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Dec 6, 2019

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Captain Invictus posted:

thanks man!

also, and I am assuming they will not be keeping the stream overlay for the youtube uploads, but let the records show that while playing Indivisible Woolie is wearing a bright pink kirby onesie

The best part of Woolie's content is all the dumb cosplays, and green screen shenanigans.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Captain Invictus posted:

thanks man!

The Death Stranding videos on YouTube haven't had the stream overlay so that's a good bet it'll be missing there. I've seen the onesie...it's sure something.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it sure is

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Pat tried out Pathologic 2.

As pretty much everyone familiar with the game expected, it quickly began destroying Pat's sanity through his mind goblins.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

today's SA2 is so loving tragic

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Archenteron posted:

Pat tried out Pathologic 2.

As pretty much everyone familiar with the game expected, it quickly began destroying Pat's sanity through his mind goblins.

And if you're not familiar with Pathologic here's the only video you will ever need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsNm2YLrk30&t=294s

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the latest Indivisible has Woolie recruiting Naga Rider and when he gets to the optional color schemes, well, if you've seen the options before, you know which one he's going to pick, and the instant he sets eyes upon it he begins to generate a stage 9 happiness froth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNLbQAYhtuQ&hd=1

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

And if you're not familiar with Pathologic here's the only video you will ever need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsNm2YLrk30&t=294s

Iiii ccaann dooo miracllllles

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What else did the podcast discuss today besides barf?

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
League of Legends. MID OR TOP IS FED!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Tangentially related, seeing as Liam and Matt are doing a SA2 LP:

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1205170479855616000

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

This League chat makes me not want to ever play League, Dota, or any type of this game ever

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 12, 2019

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SgtSteel91 posted:

This League chat makes me not want to ever play League, Dota, or any type of this game ever

Yeah, don't play Mobas.

Heroes of the Storm was halfway decent since it tried to pull itself away from some of mechanics of those games that (imo) lend towards toxicity, while doing some stuff like different map objectives, but Blizzard is basically back burnering it hard, and you're definitely still going to run into awful toxic players because it's a team game.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

MOBAs are good if you are looking for one very specific sort of game, but I don’t fault anyone for not liking them.

Am I alone in being kind of over Woolie reacting to the chat during the podcasts?

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

I have over 500 hours played in League and another 600 in dota and in fact am playing dota as I'm typing this post.

Don't play these games. Don't do it.

I kinda want to find a way to tell Pat about how LoL didn't have role select for the longest time, it just threw five random people together and expected them to work it out in champ select.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I kinda want to find a way to tell Pat about how LoL didn't have role select for the longest time, it just threw five random people together and expected them to work it out in champ select.

Doesn't dota still do this?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Nalesh posted:

Doesn't dota still do this?

ranked dota has role queue now, but it's worse than league because it doesn't force people to play support. so every non-support role has 2-3 hour queues at the higher ranks.

but that's only in ranked. you have to play 100 hours of "mid or i feed" unranked matches to get to that point

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Do DOTA and LoL have the same problem with Smite with 'I can make this champion/hero/god whatever work in this role because I saw a pro player do it?'

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Do DOTA and LoL have the same problem with Smite with 'I can make this champion/hero/god whatever work in this role because I saw a pro player do it?'

That's meepo's entire existence outside of like 10 people that can actually play the fucker.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dawgstar posted:

For LoL, absolutely. All it takes is one pro player using a bad champion and doing well / using a champion in a role they're not suited for and suddenly every jackass in the world thinks they can do it. :argh:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
If you, for some bizarre reason, wanted to hear more about Woolie's Puke-Containment Adventures/Arguments, the Indivisible pre-game hour with Reggie adds a denouement as Steph finally gets tagged in for her thoughts.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That Woolie moment is astonishingly Pat-like, but I'd also take the puke bullet.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Archenteron posted:

If you, for some bizarre reason, wanted to hear more about Woolie's Puke-Containment Adventures/Arguments, the Indivisible pre-game hour with Reggie adds a denouement as Steph finally gets tagged in for her thoughts.
oh no woolie what you doing man, why willingly step on this landmine

I just got to that part when he called over steph and the first thing that went through my mind was WOOLIE NO

the chat just being variants of !MARRIAGE AT RISK! / !WOOLIE AT RISK! etc is just perfect

edit: "now before I get to part 2" lol smooth move

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I can't believe I've willing listened to over an hour and fifteen minutes of vomit logistics.

EDIT: Hour and half and still going. Goddammit Woolie.

EDIT 2: HE'S JUST YELLING AT CHAT NOW. This is the hardest I've seen ANYONE die on a hill.

EDIT 3: Reggie please save us.

EDIT 4: Now Woolie is pouring Red Bull on himself to prove a point.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Dec 16, 2019

doos
Jan 1, 2015

I will not be called a coward by a man swimming in a barfshirt.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
Just finished the podcast today, haven't had any time to check out that part 2 but I'm amazed that no one seemed to realize that in the scenario stated you'd be wearing a dress shirt and vest, which could not form a proper barf bowl since they're buttoned up and would thus be full of holes. Leaks are basically guaranteed.

Also this strategy sound like some geeky, overthinking insanity or something. It's not going to be viewed as a good deed or whatever even if it works, best case no one notices at all, otherwise you're just the weird guy that barfed in his shirt and ran away.

Plus the discussion came from him and several others eating bad rice at a wedding, which would be after the ceremony and during the reception which would be a much smaller problem... Maybe, I guess you'd be more likely to throw up on a table which would be a bit worse. It's also still dealing with the edge case of it being surprise, very-little-time-to-react vomit.

Anyway, anyone who gets mad at you for being sick and you're not like doing it intentionally, not pulling a typhoid Mary or whatever, is a dick.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Hearing Woolie feverishly chant "Dump and barf, dump and barf!" while his buddy and wife stare at him in confusion is some of the most brilliant abstract performance art the guys have ever done.

Also, holy poo poo Woolie.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat is so mad Sekiro won goty, lol

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tae posted:

Pat is so mad Sekiro won goty, lol

Is he mad because RE2make or DMC5 didn't win instead?

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
I feel like a lot of people would be mad about that, simply for it not having difficulty select.

I never fully understood why some people so desperately wanted it to be easier... because I thought everyone was usually jerking off about "DARKS SOULZ IS THE HARDEST GAME EVAR!1!" So I figured they'd continue to masturbate about any "Souls-like" or game from that company being hard. :shrug:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Someone explain to me the Reshiram bit.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MaxDuo posted:

I feel like a lot of people would be mad about that, simply for it not having difficulty select.

I never fully understood why some people so desperately wanted it to be easier... because I thought everyone was usually jerking off about "DARKS SOULZ IS THE HARDEST GAME EVAR!1!" So I figured they'd continue to masturbate about any "Souls-like" or game from that company being hard. :shrug:

It's almost like different people have different opinions on stuff. Crazy.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Someone explain to me the Reshiram bit.

It has a rocket up its arse.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

MaxDuo posted:

the only people who jerk off about how hard souls games are, are people who hate them for it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I feel like the souls series would be a hard game to balance multiple difficulties for(I mean poo poo, they can barely handle one, looking at you DS2:Scholar), but I feel like just adding some multiplier options would go a long way for most people, like say iframe multipliers, parry window multipliers, player health multipliers, enemy health multipliers, etc. Would even make it possible to make the game harder for those idiots that like to jerk off about that.

Actually I wonder how possible this would be with cheatengine.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Nalesh posted:

I feel like the souls series would be a hard game to balance multiple difficulties for(I mean poo poo, they can barely handle one, looking at you DS2:Scholar), but I feel like just adding some multiplier options would go a long way for most people, like say iframe multipliers, parry window multipliers, player health multipliers, enemy health multipliers, etc. Would even make it possible to make the game harder for those idiots that like to jerk off about that.

There's a CheatEngine-based randomizer for DS2 that works well. Based on that, I'd assume that modifying the rest of the game is also possible.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nalesh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FQUcwbIYMc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Woolie

Woolie have you never seen ET

goddamn superhero isn't pokemon, it's just ET, FU's name is just one letter over from E and T

Woolie please