Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Mr. Met posted:

I made the mistake of creating a lich as soon as that system went live on PS4 and then got none of the parazon mods I needed to kill it. Now I have a level 5 dude stealing void traces everywhere and trying to farm the mods I need is extremely tedious and annoying. Definitely should have built up a set of all 8 mods before I created the first lich.

What mods do you need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Mr. Met posted:

I made the mistake of creating a lich as soon as that system went live on PS4 and then got none of the parazon mods I needed to kill it. Now I have a level 5 dude stealing void traces everywhere and trying to farm the mods I need is extremely tedious and annoying. Definitely should have built up a set of all 8 mods before I created the first lich.

I wasn't paying attention on Lua and created a Lich by mistake - the game gave ample warning, I was just not present - and now the thing is an annoyance that won't go away.

They said they'll do some more tweaks after New War/Empyrean is out so I'm going to wait on that. The current relics/traces/uncommon relic drops grind is too high for me.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

If they allow cross save I’m pretty definitely moving to PC even though PC controller support is poo poo, because I don’t want to buy into the next generation of consoles and my PC is very nice.
A while back they did a big stream (the one where Steve borrowed the whiteboard) and they were running through possible directions to go - IIRC they said they were looking into cross-save, but not crossplay. I think the implication was that you have one warframe account but you can play that account on any platform.

Not sure how that'll work with the PC vs console economies or while console waits for patches, but that was certainly the intention.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'd say that I wish I could play alongside my friend who's got a PS4, but he doesn't seem to be that interested in the game, which sucks.

Unrelated, but is there anything in my arsenal or inventory that I can name?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'd say that I wish I could play alongside my friend who's got a PS4, but he doesn't seem to be that interested in the game, which sucks.

Unrelated, but is there anything in my arsenal or inventory that I can name?

Zaws, kitguns, and amps come to mind. I named my starter Mote amp the Useless Piece of Garbage, 'cuz it is.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Hey, who would be interested in doing a PS4 Warframe secret Santa?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Screaming Idiot posted:

Zaws, kitguns, and amps come to mind. I named my starter Mote amp the Useless Piece of Garbage, 'cuz it is.
The best one I saw in the main thread was someone who named their kripath/bokwin 'dad toucher.'

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!

Anora posted:

What mods do you need?

Ris if you have a spare. Shot you a message in game, I have an extra Netra if you need it. I’m missing others, but I’m fine to do those slowly over time when I don’t have a lich constantly taxing me.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ok, so like... What's the deal with the Liches? One is created, gunning just for you, it has a random name, and you can only totally vanquish it a certain way, and if you do, you can have it ally with you? Otherwise, if you don't kill it, it'll just keep hounding you, like Nemesis from RE3?

Do I have all of this correctly?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Screaming Idiot posted:

Hey, who would be interested in doing a PS4 Warframe secret Santa?
count me in

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Thanks for the Ris, Anora. It was a nice rush to get a ton of stuff back from the lich at once when I downed him. Didn’t even realize he had stolen an Ayatan statue at one point. I watched the Leyzar video on the Kuva Twin Stubbas and now I’m excited to build them out, and I didn’t know that Kuva weapons gain extra levels from Forma like Paracesis.

Now to complete the full set of mods and then make another lich!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ok, so like... What's the deal with the Liches? One is created, gunning just for you, it has a random name, and you can only totally vanquish it a certain way, and if you do, you can have it ally with you? Otherwise, if you don't kill it, it'll just keep hounding you, like Nemesis from RE3?

Do I have all of this correctly?

You can have it ally with you, or kill it for good to get its weapon.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

You can have it ally with you, or kill it for good to get its weapon.

What would you say is more worth it?

Also, did I get everything else correct?

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

What would you say is more worth it?

Also, did I get everything else correct?

Killing it for the Kuva weapons is by far the better choice unless they totally change the mechanics of how a converted lich works. The Kuva weapons are all around mastery rank 13 I believe, so that would be a reason to hold off for a while if you’re new.

For the other stuff, to kill one you need the right set of 3 parazon mods. There are 8 such mods and they are rare drops from requiem relics that you have to open in special void fissures. As I alluded to earlier, you want to have all 8 on hand before you create a lich because every time you make an unsuccessful attempt to kill your lich it will gain a level (up to max 5) and take over more territory in the starchart. It will tax your mission rewards from anything you do in occupied territory, which is incredibly irritating. (You do get everything back when you eventually kill the lich.)

In order to find out what mods your lich needs, you need to kill its thralls in its occupied territory, and a level 5 lich will have level 90-110 enemies supporting it. So, I wouldn’t engage with the lich system until you both have all the parazon mods and are comfortable with sortie level 3 content.

Mr. Met fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 10, 2019

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Mr. Met posted:

Killing it for the Kuva weapons is by far the better choice unless they totally change the mechanics of how a converted lich works. The Kuva weapons are all around mastery rank 13 I believe, so that would be a reason to hold off for a while if you’re new.

For the other stuff, to kill one you need the right set of 3 parazon mods. There are 8 such mods and they are rare drops from requiem relics that you have to open in special void fissures. As I alluded to earlier, you want to have all 8 on hand before you create a lich because every time you make an unsuccessful attempt to kill your lich it will gain a level (up to max 5) and take over more territory in the starchart. It will tax your mission rewards from anything you do in occupied territory, which is incredibly irritating. (You do get everything back when you eventually kill the lich.)

In order to find out what mods your lich needs, you need to kill its thralls in its occupied territory, and a level 5 lich will have level 90-110 enemies supporting it. So, I wouldn’t engage with the lich system until you both have all the parazon mods and are comfortable with sortie level 3 content.

Ok, thanks, good to know!

On a separate topic, I love how when I get a new weapon and take it on no more than one mission, it levels up about 4-5 times. I expect that'll happen even moreso the further I get?

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

On a separate topic, I love how when I get a new weapon and take it on no more than one mission, it levels up about 4-5 times. I expect that'll happen even moreso the further I get?

Depends upon the mission, and how much you use the weapon during it.

You wanna get real spicy, get a taxi to Helene, Saturn (or Hydron, Sedna once you're able to survive a little bit), and watch the levels fly by.

Also, if you need some quality-of-life mods, like Streamline, Continuity, Flow, the basic +damage mods for each weapon type, etc, hit me up with a list and I'll see what I can do.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Do an Elite Sanctuary Onslaught with an Affinity Booster and your stuff will be level 30 fairly quickly.

TheAgent posted:

count me in

That's one! Anyone else looking to join the Secret Santa?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

Do an Elite Sanctuary Onslaught with an Affinity Booster and your stuff will be level 30 fairly quickly.

That's one! Anyone else looking to join the Secret Santa?

I would if there was one for Switch AND if I had anything to give that was worth it.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

I would if there was one for Switch AND if I had anything to give that was worth it.

Hey, if you don't have a lot to give, don't sweat it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ok, here's a weird thing... The first junction fight I had was super hard, and I couldn't seem to win it. After what must've been 6-7 attempts, I finally made it, but just barely.

Since then, I've been taking out the junction fighters/guardians with absolutely no problems whatsoever. I set up my exalted blade and within one or two hits, bam. Done.

I mean, it feels awesome and badass, but what the hell? Are the junction fights just not scaled properly or something?

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

I still don’t really understand how the Dojo works but if someone explains how to contribute resources to get a dry dock for Definitely the Corpus I will help!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Anybody else interested in PS4 Secret Santa?

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Mr. Met posted:

I'm in the same boat on switch, been this way since the update came out. Actually had a mod stolen by my lich and had to put the game down for a day. My problem is that I only every get requeim 1 relics. 9 times out of ten I'll get a 1 relic. I've gotten five mods, a riven (like 16 slivers) three exilus adapters, countless kuva, because the game will only drop relic 1 for me. Its there something I'm doing wrong?

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Guilty posted:

I'm in the same boat on switch, been this way since the update came out. Actually had a mod stolen by my lich and had to put the game down for a day. My problem is that I only every get requeim 1 relics. 9 times out of ten I'll get a 1 relic. I've gotten five mods, a riven (like 16 slivers) three exilus adapters, countless kuva, because the game will only drop relic 1 for me. Its there something I'm doing wrong?

I guess just keep cracking radiant relics in public fissures and hope you get lucky with someone else bringing a different relic, then try to trade any duplicate mods in chat? I haven’t had a lot of luck using public chat on PS4. But on your other point, it’s supposedly random which type of relic drops, so that’s just bad luck. That type of thing is what burns me out of the game periodically, right now I’ve opened almost 20 straight radiant lith V8 relics with no Vauban prime part. The relic and void trace farm gets annoying.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I just learned of this whole Dry Dock/Railjack/Rising Tide business and even though I'm not yet through the quests yet, I want to help. Can I still donate parts to the (Switch) dojo?

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

I just learned of this whole Dry Dock/Railjack/Rising Tide business and even though I'm not yet through the quests yet, I want to help. Can I still donate parts to the (Switch) dojo?

You should be able to. I've been building hallways to prepare for it.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Massive download for switch, any idea what this patch is?

Edit: oh it's rail Jack already. Nice!

Guilty fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 14, 2019

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Switch dry dock construction is started.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

smallmouth posted:

I'll likely be on tonight sometime, not sure if I'll have time. We'll see.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Give me a heads up for what Mods you need, I'll try to farm out a set for you.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

smallmouth posted:

Do we need any materials?

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Oh yeah.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Can anyone quickly 100% confirm for me if Switch doesn’t required paid online to play Warframe? If not I might start playing on the Switch next year with y’all, after I’ve gotten bored of the new Path of Exile league.

I didn’t get a chance to start the dry dock on the Xbox but I’ll probably do it tomorrow or Monday. Life is crazy for me right now unfortunately.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

Can anyone quickly 100% confirm for me if Switch doesn’t required paid online to play Warframe? If not I might start playing on the Switch next year with y’all, after I’ve gotten bored of the new Path of Exile league.

I didn’t get a chance to start the dry dock on the Xbox but I’ll probably do it tomorrow or Monday. Life is crazy for me right now unfortunately.

You don't need Switch online. It's really, legitimately free.

You'll likely need an SD to fit the game onto, unless they reduced file size in the latest patch.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

You don't need Switch online. It's really, legitimately free.

You'll likely need an SD to fit the game onto, unless they reduced file size in the latest patch.

They did! It's like a fresh install, went from 22 to 16 gb

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Guilty posted:

They did! It's like a fresh install, went from 22 to 16 gb

:toot:

I just had my first dog hatch (I don't remember the actual name of the species; I'm still getting used to all the terms of the game and its universe), named him Phurps.

He is already a Good Boy.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Hey, would somebody on Switch with Cephalon Suda rep be willing to grab a Velocitus Barrel for me? Lemme know if you want me to pay you.

:toot:

I just had my first dog hatch (I don't remember the actual name of the species; I'm still getting used to all the terms of the game and its universe), named him Phurps.

He is already a Good Boy.

I was a bit mad that the game decided that I couldn't name my Helminth Charger "Schnookums" because it's somehow profanity. :(

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012
I can grab one for you, just message free_clinic in-game

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Does anyone have a Vome mod word to trade/sell? It has been a week of farming and I even went crazy and spent plat on relic packs to get this drat loving mod. I have like 10 weapon exilus adapters but only six of the eight mod words. This is the worst system ever, this lich is killing me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pech
Jul 19, 2004

Guilty posted:

Does anyone have a Vome mod word to trade/sell? It has been a week of farming and I even went crazy and spent plat on relic packs to get this drat loving mod. I have like 10 weapon exilus adapters but only six of the eight mod words. This is the worst system ever, this lich is killing me

You can usually buy a word from other people for about 10p