Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Good Sphere posted:

Yeah it’s close. Sweetwater is $149 and ships for free. Still better than paying $168.

Now if they can just get all these new synths shipping in the US. I think I've got 4 pre-orders now, some going back to January.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Recorded this while learning the ropes with the tape recorder and falling in love with the MPC1000 as a slightly crunchy pad machine:

https://soundcloud.com/snowcloud/tapejamz1

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Philthy posted:

Now if they can just get all these new synths shipping in the US. I think I've got 4 pre-orders now, some going back to January.

I preordered my VC-340 and TD-8 from sweetwater. Only had to wait a month for the drums, but I preordered the VC-340 the first day preorders were up and that one took about 3 months to ship.

Rifter17
Mar 12, 2004
123 Not It
Musicians' Friend has the Behringer Model D for under $200 shipped today.

I think my next steps are to buy a new mixer/interface. I'm leaning towards a Behringer XR18 as I would prefer to have something rack mounted. An alternative is the X32 rack, but the inputs are mostly XLR. I have a Zoom R24, but I am already out of inputs.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Rifter17 posted:

Musicians' Friend has the Behringer Model D for under $200 shipped today.

I think my next steps are to buy a new mixer/interface. I'm leaning towards a Behringer XR18 as I would prefer to have something rack mounted. An alternative is the X32 rack, but the inputs are mostly XLR. I have a Zoom R24, but I am already out of inputs.

That didn't last long.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Isn’t the Poly D gonna come in at the Minilogue price range? I’d love a D but now I want to hold off for the bigger, prettier sibling that I’m never going to justifiably purchase or fit anywhere.

Still, a mono D for 175 was a hell of a deal.

Rifter17
Mar 12, 2004
123 Not It
I mean, I'd rather have their MS-20 clone, but as soon as I saw the deal I jumped on it. Sweetwater was selling the Model D and the Neutron for $209 at one point. So that's now my pull the trigger threshold on those guys.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Samples from mars crazy sale is live. Last year there was a bonkers coupon on top of it - anyone have one this year?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Teenage engineering is teasing something on their Instagram. Looks like a mic. My guess is a vocoder module for the opz, they seem to be putting out weird stuff for that thing lately.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Synthrotek is giving away an Echo module with each purchase of $85+, free shipping, today only. I bought a Roboto kit for the deal.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Went for the V Collection this time. Seems pretty good.

Edit: if anyone was considering a Launchpad X, the usual suspects are knocking $30 off. Not bad for something so new.

Shart Carbuncle fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 29, 2019

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Just grabbed the V Collection myself, downloading as we speak.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I have the physical version of the V Collection 4 from Black Friday's past. Still sitting in it's 25 pound box. That manual is loving hilariously dense (and it comes with a nice chrome and clear thumb drive that's kinda cool).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

BonoMan posted:

I have the physical version of the V Collection 4 from Black Friday's past. Still sitting in it's 25 pound box. That manual is loving hilariously dense (and it comes with a nice chrome and clear thumb drive that's kinda cool).

This brings me back to when I bought Logic Pro 7

:allears: but also :stare:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I remember when Komplete switched to an SSD and I had a bit of a laugh but then I remembered the previous version came on 14 DVDs.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Okay, the Fairlight's Westminster Incident preset has completely creeped me the hell out. My son says I'm writing music for a demonic ritual.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

So Math posted:

:roboluv:Click here for Boner Jamz!:roboluv:

Thanks again to all of our artists:

Uh hey guys :v:

Remember when the last Boner Jamz comp came out, there was that video contest and I said I was gonna do a video but I ended up not doing it?

I FINALLY DID IT

KYH - A General Feeling of Unease Official Music Video

Password: bergman

Please don't spread this around (yet). I submitted it to a few music video festivals so I'm not supposed to show it publicly yet. Anyway, enjoy, guys! :v:

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

VoodooXT posted:

I FINALLY DID IT

Hey, cool! Good luck at the film festivals!

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Moogfest just got canceled.

Hm.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Gonna combine it with the Fyre festival.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Simon looking at more weird stuff today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBo_tbxvG14

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

For those that didn't buy the Behringer TD-3 before they ran out of stock, Musician's Friend now say's it's is expected to ship 1-3-2020! https://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/behringer-td-3-analog-bass-line-synthesizer

Just ordered mine. :) :) :)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Crave just shipped out today, so it looks like Behringer has some stock finally hitting US shores.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

rickiep00h posted:

Moogfest just got canceled.

Hm.

Completely wild speculation with no evidence but I imagine this didn’t make much money to begin with and increased component cost/competition on “easy” stuff is making them reconsider all luxuries and it’ll return once trade loosens back up.
Remember when people were making GBS threads themselves over something simple like Werkstatt, that’s not going to ever happen again for them in this landscape.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
I bought a Minibrute 2 over black friday weekend. Loving it so far but definitely on the lookout for more resources for patches and learning my way around the thing.

Any Minibrute 2 owners out there that have some favorite resources?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcFBFNd80CE

:stare:

Pricing rumor is $150. That would be bananas.

cuppy tea
Feb 6, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Philthy posted:

He just casually mentions a Moog Modular eurorack system too. Seems like they're doing a sweep of all the recent Moog products/reissues, only thing left to undercut is the Moog One, maybe they'll do a MemoryD.

cuppy tea fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 12, 2019

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Pigments 2 is apparently out. Free upgrade for existing users. $99 special ($199 normal) until Jan 7

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Philthy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcFBFNd80CE

Holy poo poo. GAS would be a severe problem were I to actually spring for one of those.

As one of the comments to the vid says, cases are hilariously overpriced, and it's one thing I'd have absolutely no qualms about getting from Behringer.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

BonoMan posted:

Pigments 2 is apparently out. Free upgrade for existing users. $99 special ($199 normal) until Jan 7

That was extremely fast. I feel like Pigments has been out a year or less.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Top Hats Monthly posted:

That was extremely fast. I feel like Pigments has been out a year or less.

Yeah... has a granular and it's free though so I'm all in for some gimmicky action!

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

MMD3 posted:

I bought a Minibrute 2 over black friday weekend. Loving it so far but definitely on the lookout for more resources for patches and learning my way around the thing.

Any Minibrute 2 owners out there that have some favorite resources?

I bought a used one recently... that thing is awesome! But, lately, I've been feeling really unmotivated, so it's been used more as a cat bed.

I also just bought Pigments 2.. since I already had a bunch of Arturia stuff, it was $69 :nice:.

im_sorry fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Dec 13, 2019

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

im_sorry posted:

I bought a used one recently... that thing is awesome! But, lately, I've been feeling really unmotivated, so it's been used more as a cat bed.

I also just bought Pigments 2.. since I already had a bunch of Arturia stuff, it was $69 :nice:.

That's a good kitty.

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

OP-Z beta for Android finally came out a few days ago! The visuals are really fun, and it enables a lot of things that are soft-gated (e.g. possible but....annoying and slow without the app).

Sexy Randal
Jul 26, 2006

woah
I picked up the Uno Drum because I want something Volca sized/priced that gives me a bit more than the Volca beats/sample/drum (like a 64 step sequencer) and this seemed like a nice option. Man what a mixed bag of good and poo poo it is.

As far as gear goes it's got a lot of jankiness to it. When you're powered by USB it makes so much noise as to almost be unusable, the noise at least goes away when you have batteries in. The interface is touch-based and it's not super reliable, it misses a lot of button presses and playing live is really awkward. I got a battery warning error as soon as I booted it up using the provided batteries, and while they didn't die right away I did not get a whole lot of time out of them. The tempo knob is really finicky, I kept going back and forth between 103 and 105 bpm trying to hit 104.

But it has some really good things about it. The analog sounds are actually some of my favourite I've seen in a lot of the new analog drum machines. The kicks sound good, kick 1 has some additional tweakability like sweep time and adding some FM to it and kick 2 is a nice 808 style. I think the hats sound fantastic, and the snare is good. The clap is decent but not very adjustable, you can only set the decay which almost sounds like it's applying a reverb effect. It has a compressor and drive effect that it applies to all sounds . I really like that it has a 64 step sequencer, I find the 16 steps on the volca just too repetitive. There's lots of storage space for patterns and you can save kits as well. There's swing and a humanize dial that seems to add a bit of un-quantization and velocity variance, and throws some random notes in. The song mode seems quite easy to use so it's not hard to string a ton of patterns together.

Overall I like it, I just wish it was built a little better though maybe they can't hit that price point with better build quality, I dunno.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

BonoMan posted:

Yeah... has a granular and it's free though so I'm all in for some gimmicky action!

I actually picked it up since I had a rebate. drat. It’s good!

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Jesus Christ, gently caress trying to activate Softube plugins. What a crock of poo poo.

Edit: figured it out. Instead of adding the licenses to my existing iLok account, a new one was created with the same email address.

:pwn:

Shart Carbuncle fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 14, 2019

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Shart Carbuncle posted:

Jesus Christ, gently caress trying to activate Softube plugins. What a crock of poo poo.

Edit: figured it out. Instead of adding the licenses to my existing iLok account, a new one was created with the same email address.

:pwn:

This is why I just pirate or don’t use anything that requires iLok

Like, I’ll buy everything else that I use, including my Roland Cloud sub, but gently caress dealing with iLok & their BS

speakin’ of Roland Cloud, they just released a vst version of the XV5080, the final evolution of the D/JV/XP/XV series of romplers, which, being all-digital synths, means they are easy to recreate 1:1 as vsts :getin:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
if you were an idiot and wanted to get one (!!! lmao yeah right) hardware synth that was a general purpose workhorse (not a speciality beast) what would you recommend?

i was looking at used viruses but they were super popular like 6 years ago and i haven’t been keeping up with releases at all really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I've had a Virus TI2 for a few years and its still my hardware go-to. I can't think of a synth with a better hands on feel, and Access continues to release OS updates.

Everybody is probably dropping theirs now for the Waldorf Kyra, so you can either steal a used Virus or get in early on that Kyra - it seems created to be super future proof.