Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Also Cage needs the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This was long before that though, like right after he won his Oscar.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Arnold has the best Japanese Commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcfI0gf9oDc

I have no idea what the gently caress is going on with the energy drink ads.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Brad Pitt did a bunch of Honda commercials that are also weird as gently caress.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

twistedmentat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcfI0gf9oDc

I have no idea what the gently caress is going on with the energy drink ads.

He's a genie !

And that's a pro-click, there's some good poo poo. Especially the extremely German spot at about 5:50.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/american-gods-orlando-jones-fired-showrunner-wrong-message-for-black-america-1203436762/ posted:

“American Gods” actor Orlando Jones, who played fan favorite Mr. Nancy, has revealed in a video posted to Twitter that he was fired from the Starz series back in September and, without directly naming him, slammed showrunner Charles “Chic” Eglee for the move.

In the fiery video, Jones says that “the new Season 3 showrunner is Connecticut born and Yale-educated, so he’s very smart, and he thinks that Mr. Nancy’s angry, get s— done is the wrong message for black America. That’s right, this white man sits in that decision-making chair and I’m sure he has many black BFFs that are his advisers and made it clear to him that if they did not get rid of that angry god Mr. Nancy, he’d start a Denmark Vesey uprising in the country.”

https://twitter.com/TheOrlandoJones/status/1205836143897579520

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Hey it's the same production company that poo poo canned Gabriel Union when she complained about Jay Leno making racist jokes and Simon Cowell violating the law constantly by smoking indoors in shared spaces.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
That loving sucks, my biggest complaint about season one was not enough Mr. Nancy.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Did anyone actually keep watching that show after season one? I checked out the first time all the people running it and Anderson left.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't understand why they'd fire him rather than just change up the writing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I did a Google search for Charles Eglee and yep that looks like a person that would make this call.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Far be it from me to stand in the way of the man who wrote Piranha II: The Spawning.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

X-O posted:

I did a Google search for Charles Eglee and yep that looks like a person that would make this call.

I think he's just jealous Jones wears the hat better.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
drat wonder how Neil is taking this with all the trouble this show has gone through

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't understand why they'd fire him rather than just change up the writing.

Skwirl posted:

Hey it's the same production company that poo poo canned Gabriel Union when she complained about Jay Leno making racist jokes and Simon Cowell violating the law constantly by smoking indoors in shared spaces.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Fair. My guess is they tried to change the writing, he objected and things got heated.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Fair. My guess is they tried to change the writing, he objected and things got heated.

After the first season he was also a writer on the show.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

not really surprising given the Feige reorg and their dearth of projects in production, but fwiw

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1204552242763710465?s=21

Most surprising thing in this (to me anyway) is the amount of people that think Agents of SHIELD is the best thing marvel have done.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Marvel TV?

An argument can be made

AoS got really really good after episode 16 or so.

Only stuff in the same league is Cloak and Dagger, DD S1 and JJ S1

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

bessantj posted:

Most surprising thing in this (to me anyway) is the amount of people that think Agents of SHIELD is the best thing marvel have done.

It is certainly the best thing Marvel TV has done. The Aida season was really great. With the exception of the first half of season one, everything of that show is better than every single netflix show. Probably better than cloak and dagger too.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
coughagentcartercough

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

site posted:

coughagentcartercough

A thousand times this

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I'm a little jealous. You lot are getting more from AoS than I am.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm not falling for this trick where you guys pretend Agents of Shield ever actually got good. It got better after the Winter Soldier reveal, but it never got good. I've been tricked into giving it way too many chances already.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Sgt. Politeness posted:

A thousand times this

Yup. It is an utter shame that they aren't making more of this on Disney Plus.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Did not see the Tom Ellis cameo coming in Crisis, which seems dumb as hell to not expect in retrospect.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol

https://twitter.com/AdriOfTheDead/status/1206306923588521984

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Agents of SHIELD has been consistently good through its entire run, which is really impressive.

Last season of Runaways came out. The Cloak and Dagger episode was good, and Elizabeth Hurley just doesn't age. Otherwise it still has pacing issues.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

cant cook creole bream posted:

It is certainly the best thing Marvel TV has done. The Aida season was really great. With the exception of the first half of season one, everything of that show is better than every single netflix show. Probably better than cloak and dagger too.
Well you clearly need to go watch Cloak & Dagger and confirm it then. Let's be empirical about this.

Djarum posted:

Yup. It is an utter shame that they aren't making more of this on Disney Plus.
Yeah, it seems like they kinda tossed some of the baby out with the bathwater with purging all of Marvel TV. I mean, obviously the way it was going with the right hand not knowing what the left was doing couldn't continue, but there were some good shows being made, by great casts and crews.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sadly they probably fall under that Hollywood 'I can't let something good I didn't pitch continue' thing.
'

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

“No one wants to see an angry black man on tv” says 60 year old white man wearing a Black Panthers shirt and a bro cap.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

....but...I want to see angry black men on TV?
Especially Anansi, he was my favorite character hands down.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Obviously the next step is making an Anansi Boys tv show with Orlando Jones as narrator.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
More than halfway through Runaways S3 and I've been enjoying it. it's far from perfect (if anything, this season deviates even further from the original comic's conceit of the parents being outright villains, which I would definitely want to be restored if Marvel Studios ever reboots this) but the Morgan le Fay stuff is fun and it doesn't suffer as much from the pacing issues that plagued the first two season

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did they still do the Alex thing?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Watchmen finale was a big wet fart.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I thought it was really good

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Arist posted:

I thought it was really good

The big powerful final moment is "pay off" to a throwaway line from an episode ago. It leaves more questions dangling than it answered. The ones it did answer were disappointing. Most of the characters didn't get enough time for me to give a poo poo about them (looking at you, Trieu), and it felt like it was using the comic idea of "nothing ever ends" to justify lazy, half assed storytelling, and is more interested in setting up mystery boxes than giving satisfying answers. Basically it's everything that sucks about Lindeloff in one neat package.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I very much enjoyed it as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm starting to suspect "mystery box" doesn't actually mean anything