Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Yinlock posted:

the mask was the idea that you're engaging in even remotely good faith instead of just regurgitating smears you read in the guardian

you can't engage electoralism in good faith, is i think he underlying point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmao the media never learns

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what would be the difference

Weather forecast sponsored by Raytheon and ads for Peppa Pig-branded infant Prozac on CBeebies.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

RottenK posted:

lmao they spent the entire election sabotaging labour and bootlicking tories and they still get this because they weren't bootlicking hard enough for the right's tastes

"
The same will apply to a Conservative assault on the institutions of liberal democracy. The far left will not defend the independence of Channel 4 and the BBC because they no more believe in a free press than the right. (You may have noticed that Jeremy Corbyn and his supporters are as eager to attack the BBC as the most morally compromised Telegraph columnist.) "

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

how did 1917 turn out the way it did? the answer was obvious even in his youth

You post like a boomer in the midst of a schizophrenic breakdown.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Grevling posted:

Just seems to be saying that people are too dumb to understand anything but simple slogans.

therattle is just a maoist who understands the appeal of simple slogans to the illiterate peasants

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

For all the talk of this being a "historic defeat" unprecedented since the 1930s, Labour lost 97 seats in 2010 & got even lower vote percentage and the Liberal Democrats caved in to every single Tory demand under their coalition government - so even for the brief moment they were actually in power centrists completely acquiesced to the right and a Labour that ran on a continuation of New Labour ate poo poo after the 2008 recession.

All the talk of "ideological purity" from centrists really translates to "you have to accept my position, but I don't have to accept yours" - even after routine liberal failure as leaders of Labour and from the Lib Dems. The Labour party needs to get more radical and way meaner. Enough of this nice guy "high road" horseshit. Labour needs to channel the public rage if it's going to be able to destroy the Tories.

corbyns greatest fault is he came across as a well meaning nice guy

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

corbyns greatest fault is he came across as a well meaning nice guy

can't be having that now

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lorn Wayne posted:

can't be having that now

this but unironically

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Homeless Friend posted:

lmao the media never learns

All that bootlicking and where's it got them lol. I can kind of admire the Tories for responding to the BBC's grovelling with the contempt that it deserves.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pistol_Pete posted:

All that bootlicking and where's it got them lol. I can kind of admire the Tories for responding to the BBC's grovelling with the contempt that it deserves.

lol if you think the people who turned the Beeb into a government mouthpiece will be hurt by this.

Why the hell are you expecting workplace solidarity from Tories?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

hakimashou posted:

"
The same will apply to a Conservative assault on the institutions of liberal democracy. The far left will not defend the independence of Channel 4 and the BBC because they no more believe in a free press than the right. (You may have noticed that Jeremy Corbyn and his supporters are as eager to attack the BBC as the most morally compromised Telegraph columnist.) "

Why should their be a “free” press. Those that would use their “freedom” to lie should be made to scream out their hatred of mankind and fear ever opening their mouths.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
one of the kids who boris won't acknowledge are his is being raised by the journalist who boris' current gf was in a relationship with before having an affair with boris

this is the UK press

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

you just need to consider this picture and realize the answer is in the middle like therattle says

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Jose posted:

one of the kids who boris won't acknowledge are his is being raised by the journalist who boris' current gf was in a relationship with before having an affair with boris

this is the UK press
also this had no effect on said journalist writing regular columns in praise of Boris, and his twitter has been gleeful sneering for the past few days
https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/1206012293739405313

this is the UK press

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I think Labour has to accept now there is no saving united Britain. It needs to be a voice for those who will be hurt and create parallel systems both as a general way to reconnect to the people and to prepare in case poo poo really hits the fan. So that it has people’s support for an active takeover and elimination of the current system entirely. I would call this. The New Jerusalem option.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Apraxin posted:

also this had no effect on said journalist writing regular columns in praise of Boris, and his twitter has been gleeful sneering for the past few days

this is the UK press

he hosed a stray dog

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

he hosed a stray hog
He is a Tory.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

you just need to consider this picture and realize the answer is in the middle like therattle says

I'm the red flag

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

soft brexit should have always been the outcome but remain just couldn't loving accept they lost

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I'm the red flag

I'm the big labour wheel being show as being bad when combined with a small capital owner wheel.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I was back home with my folks this weekend in a staunchly loyalist NI backwater. My mum had a few "Defend the Union" leaflets posted through her door. I also saw some posters for emergency meetings in Orange halls/Presbyterian churches put up by the DUP and their paramilitary buddies.

Now I loving despise loyalism. It's a vile toxic culture that I was raised in, and I'm forever grateful for having the opportunity to escape. But I will give it credit for being able to organize mass grassroots movement against anything perceived as being harmful to the Union/Ulster. I've heard that these meetings have been well-attended across the North and they're trying to organize large-scale civil disobedience like they've done in the past. Thankfully these days they don't have a firebrand like Paisley to stoke the fire and turn it into a mass movement.

But lol that the DUP sucking Tory dick has weakened the NI/Britain union and moved a united Ireland decades closer. Boris made a deal that effectively annexed NI and "solved" the backstop problem by giving strong daddy Varadkar everything Ireland wanted and moving all the border problems inside the UK.

It's a remarkable achievement. Getting parliament to agree to a deal that's objectively worse than the one they'd previously rejected on several occasions. And also uniting NI unionists/nationalists, for possibly the first time in history, in agreement that the Brits are always at it.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

ONLY TRUST YOUR FISTS, BRITS WILL NEVER HELP YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jose posted:

soft brexit should have always been the outcome but remain just couldn't loving accept they lost

The 2017 GE was the thing that hosed that though, May probably would have got something through if she hadn't lost her majority then

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

I remember when I used to read this guy's comic book blog, and I am deeply embarrassed. When did he graduate to a succ political commentator?

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

BMX Ninja posted:

ONLY TRUST YOUR FISTS, BRITS WILL NEVER HELP YOU

C-SPAM: Unintelligible Garbage for Insane People > ONLY TRUST YOUR FISTS, BRITS WILL NEVER HELP YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

I remember when I used to read this guy's comic book blog, and I am deeply embarrassed. When did he graduate to a succ political commentator?

2016 same as the rest

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Apraxin posted:

this is the UK press

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

arcanum in the 21st century

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/TheSocietyDude/status/1206294617022484482?s=20

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Jose posted:

:ironicat:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Who did you vote for?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BMX Ninja posted:

I was back home with my folks this weekend in a staunchly loyalist NI backwater. My mum had a few "Defend the Union" leaflets posted through her door. I also saw some posters for emergency meetings in Orange halls/Presbyterian churches put up by the DUP and their paramilitary buddies.

Now I loving despise loyalism. It's a vile toxic culture that I was raised in, and I'm forever grateful for having the opportunity to escape. But I will give it credit for being able to organize mass grassroots movement against anything perceived as being harmful to the Union/Ulster. I've heard that these meetings have been well-attended across the North and they're trying to organize large-scale civil disobedience like they've done in the past. Thankfully these days they don't have a firebrand like Paisley to stoke the fire and turn it into a mass movement.

But lol that the DUP sucking Tory dick has weakened the NI/Britain union and moved a united Ireland decades closer. Boris made a deal that effectively annexed NI and "solved" the backstop problem by giving strong daddy Varadkar everything Ireland wanted and moving all the border problems inside the UK.

It's a remarkable achievement. Getting parliament to agree to a deal that's objectively worse than the one they'd previously rejected on several occasions. And also uniting NI unionists/nationalists, for possibly the first time in history, in agreement that the Brits are always at it.
interesting post. thanks.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I've never been wild about a second referendum but you were all in on no deal being good

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Jose posted:

there was never any doubt or any significant change of opinion on the matter overall so labour was hosed from day one

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
SNP incumbent. They helped a friend get immigration papers from South America. Good enough for me.

I was never all in on no deal, I was all in on the EU being garbage. I've defended no deal as so many people were loving bonkers over "The Tories will force a no deal!" -> "We'll all loving die!". It would be a mess but not the end of the world.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
https://twitter.com/HugoGye/status/1206349790080110594

What do council boycotts refer to?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Grondoth posted:

What do council boycotts refer to?
Looking at the little flag next to it, I'd assume it has to do with banning local governments from boycotting Israel.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

FMguru posted:

Looking at the little flag next to it, I'd assume it has to do with banning local governments from boycotting Israel.

Ah, I see. England's gonna be a fun place, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
no cause evictions is some hosed up poo poo.