Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

It is odd none of the human heroes were changed.

BM should definitely be made a girl character for maximum salt. Have her voice lines be about hataroi blades and glitter.

But enough about kael'thas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

"see who wins" gives me life, thank u clan towa

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

It is odd none of the human heroes were changed.

BM should definitely be made a girl character for maximum salt. Have her voice lines be about hataroi blades and glitter.

Twin blade action, for clean smooth legs every time.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

General Battuta posted:

Twin blade action, for clean smooth legs every time.

they could open a mine

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I tried to play this, realized you can only do matchmaking no custom vs computer or anything. I thought that was dumb since I haven't played this in at least ten years I would like to screw around and get used to again first but searched 1v1 anyway.

Got disconnected 48 seconds in so its a very good and faithful recreation of 2003 I love it.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I still to this day have no idea why I have never been able to host games in Warcraft 3, despite a relatively sophisticated understanding of networking nowadays.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

jokes posted:

I still to this day have no idea why I have never been able to host games in Warcraft 3, despite a relatively sophisticated understanding of networking nowadays.

There was some port-forwarding bullshit you had to do back in the day to be able to host games, but that's not true anymore. Anyone should be able to; though depending on what you're hosting and when you try, it's entirely possible that people simply might not be interested. I've had that the last few times I've tried, but I did get one or two people poking their heads in occasionally, as if reality itself was going "no, you can, you're just unpopular"

Muscular Typist
Oct 11, 2004

I was playing Classic TFT against a buddy the other day and still had to do the port forwarding bullshit to host the game. It could be my lovely router though (AT&T 5268ac). I was able to host after forwarding ports 6112-6119 (or the hamfisted approach of just DMZing my machine).

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

While a lot of games from the pre-Steam era have port forwarding issues, Warcraft 3 is by far the most notorious and issues only seem to have worsened with time.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Patch adding customs. Apparently some graphics updates too can’t wait to try again tonight and make it to two minutes before disconnecting.

Chopstix
Nov 20, 2002

I wanna get back in on this

Mata
Dec 23, 2003
Hell Yeah. I've been playing a lot of the WC3 reforged beta and i've come to the conclusion.. that it is actually really good. Easily the best thing to come outta blizz since Starcraft Remastered. They disabled the ability to play with classic gfx this last patch, presumably because they want to test reforged gfx only. But once they re-enable that, it'll be perfect, 5/5 stars.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

the latest patch forces reforged graphics - even setting hd=0 in a read-only prefs file isn't enough to bring back my favorite cartoon guys. so we have to swamp through the soup of modern polygons. but that's ok because it's still fun

the new patch enabled a full sized map pool!! here's the list, and here are pics of all of them. we haven't played all of them yet, but there are some weird new ones - banewood bog? furbolg mountain? "Neon City"??? (designed by a guy we thrashed in a well-documented Friends game from the golden age)

immediately apparent in the new map pool is the perchability of 2v2 map "Furbolg Mountain":

hell, in the top left there's a hot meal to reward intrepid mountaineers

the game itself was a bust (we made one enemy quit from a light gork, the other was kind of creepy) but iceberg slim and i did the R&D to show that Furbolg Mountain is eminently perchable:

for vids:
here is a solid fast-click 2v2 tower game on gnoll wood
and here is a fun 3v3 game on a new map vs some sc2 players who do their best to adapt

in summary, we think this beta is going great

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Y'all are doing god's work.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

You guys have a discord? I'm an old fan with some 1v1 ladder chops and a beta

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

"Launch Date" is january 28

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Yup, just got the email.

Now I want to ask wtf happened to 12/31/19 and see if I can get the game AND a refund for not releasing on time :rolleyes:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I really want the copy of Frozen Throne I spent my own money on to run on a computer that is 12 years newer than the game itself.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

there are plenty of people playing stock tft ladder today dude. format your computer or get troubleshooting

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

uniball posted:

format your computer
:hmmyes: I suppose it's worth a try, Blizzard has it as a known issue with no known solutions and so their "troubleshooting" is less than useless.

By which I mean there's no suggestions that are able to be implemented, and multiple people on their forums are having the same problem.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

no doubt these multiple people on the blizzard forums are all unknowing but symptomatic carriers of a superbug borne from like ReViK'SDriverCleaner and MS.Office.2010.KMS.Clean.XpH

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
Glad you could make it, campaign mode.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Have we seen any campaign stuff since they showed that awful recreation of the Stratholme cutscene?

Unless they've seriously improved that stuff there's no way I'm touching this.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Lmao.

"You guys are boring, because of you no one plays wc3 anymore"

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

Elephunk posted:

You guys have a discord? I'm an old fan with some 1v1 ladder chops and a beta

btw....Yes

https://discord.gg/9nS4aBX

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Hell yeah Reforged actually having a release date.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Kith posted:

I've had Art of Highperch bookmarked for several years and I bring it up during Level Design discussions to stress how much players can abuse edge cases. I'm excited y'all updated the site because now it's much more readable on mobile.

It's an honor to know that the name of cum.2ez has lived on through the years in your Level Design discussions.

MrFrosty, king of the Dumb AU...are you out there..?

also, if I get reforged pre-purchase now, will beta MP come with it? website seems a bit unclear

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 1, 2020

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

check out this 2-minute-long tower dive

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

MannersPlease posted:

It's an honor to know that the name of cum.2ez has lived on through the years in your Level Design discussions.

MrFrosty, king of the Dumb AU...are you out there..?

also, if I get reforged pre-purchase now, will beta MP come with it? website seems a bit unclear

Yes, you can play vs if you preorder

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Wowza that was brutal and beautiful. Brutiful.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I wish it ran this smooth for me in a 1v1

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

dr.acula posted:

I wish it ran this smooth for me in a 1v1

it is pretty wild how i can get 100fps@1440p while streaming in the famously terribly-performant pubg while i get..31fps in a team battle in w3:r. they say optimization is coming, but cmon man

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

MannersPlease posted:

One time during a presentation I had someone unfamiliar with Warcraft III raise their hand and go "Why can't the cum player's Blademaster attack the wisps?"

It took literally every bit of willpower I had to not start laughing.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Didn't click on it, were the wisps perched?

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

the reference is to this part of the Art of Highperching:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I hate that bullshit, his sword is clearly long enough to have a range of 50-100. <:mad:>

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I can’t wait to watch a completely avoidable and unnecessary war in the Middle East unfold while I’m playing Warcraft 3. Blizzard really committed to bringing the original experience back!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

What the gently caress is going on with this blademaster's balls

why does he have four of them

Edit: Apparently that just happens to all Heroes with Orb effects? How did Blizzard manage to gently caress up Orb effects? They're so goddamn simple.

Edit2: Can TOWA vids linger a bit more on Gold Lost To Upkeep tab? Seeing multiple five-figure numbers there is like doing drugs.

Kith fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 3, 2020

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

also sometimes there will just be a bunch of unmoving orbs hovering over the ground, presumably where a battle took place in the past.

Kith posted:

Edit2: Can TOWA vids linger a bit more on Gold Lost To Upkeep tab? Seeing multiple five-figure numbers there is like doing drugs.

yeah sorry i try to but i usually forget. i'll make a point of it. wish this info was exposed in the replay like it is in SC2 replays! i don't have high hopes for net new features in reforged tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Oh hey, they put the editor and customs in. Anyone seen if they did much with either of those?