Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

i'm guessing it's that one name in the middle, there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

El Pollo Blanco posted:

who is actually paying $1500 a month premiums with a 13k deductible? like is anyone buying these plans?

Thanks to the technocratic magic of pegging premium subsidies to the second lowest price silver rated plan for a given market rating area that $1500 a month is closer to $0 a month for people who make more than 134% to 175% of federal poverty level. Subsidies will decrease until a hard stop where you make too much for a subsidy at 400% of FPL. There is also other wonkery such as dumping government money into cost sharing subsidies for silver rated plans for people at 134-200% of FPL that reduce the deductible and overall out of pocket max.

The people who came up with the ACA expected 80% of us to be on market plans by 2020, instead the entire thing has been such a clusterfuck and garbage for anyone who isn't absurdly rich that employers have opted not to dump their employees onto exchanges en masse, because at the very minimum they expect their employees to come to work alive and not die because of a horribly administered government program.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/CobraKeiser/status/1206306796450832384

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

Thanks to the technocratic magic of pegging premium subsidies to the second lowest price silver rated plan for a given market rating area that $1500 a month is closer to $0 a month for people who make more than 134% to 175% of federal poverty level. Subsidies will decrease until a hard stop where you make too much for a subsidy at 400% of FPL. There is also other wonkery such as dumping government money into cost sharing subsidies for silver rated plans for people at 134-200% of FPL that reduce the deductible and overall out of pocket max.

The people who came up with the ACA expected 80% of us to be on market plans by 2020, instead the entire thing has been such a clusterfuck and garbage for anyone who isn't absurdly rich that employers have opted not to dump their employees onto exchanges en masse, because at the very minimum they expect their employees to come to work alive and not die because of a horribly administered government program.

Yeah plus for many areas the number of insurance companies has actually decreased due to companies leaving the coverage area.

This is pretty hilarious since Obama preached the free market would lead to lower ACA premium costs over time.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

... has Chairman Daou lit a shining path?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Grondoth posted:

... has Chairman Daou lit a shining path?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCqADR4Fj88

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

the technocratic magic of pegging

Kinky

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/studentactivism/status/1206373112281018368
https://twitter.com/studentactivism/status/1206374970303139842

lol this sucks

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

how could anyone have any confidence that warren would respond well to anything

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

That was an excellent response to a pointless "The reason we disagree is that you're not as well-educated as me, who learned through the school of 1990s life experience, and you should study up until you agree with me" comment.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Warren's still running? Weird...

e: maybe she doesn't know Bernie is in it. Someone should inform her.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Is there any actual danger of Pete becoming the nominee or is he just there for the clout

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Is there any actual danger of Pete becoming the nominee or is he just there for the clout

unless something insane happens it looks unlikely

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

Yeah plus for many areas the number of insurance companies has actually decreased due to companies leaving the coverage area.

This is pretty hilarious since Obama preached the free market would lead to lower ACA premium costs over time.

That was a pipe dream cooked up by euphoric UChicago econ grads. There is virtually no incentive for any insurance company to expand outside of their comfortable geographic niches. United Healthcare tried to aggressively enter a few states back when Obama was president with their Explorer plans, that ended up bleeding a ton of red ink because as the new kid on the block. They got bled out by the supply side since they were new and had to reimburse more in order for doctors to take their insurance, and as a result left the market almost as quickly as they came in. Consider a state like Alabama, where literally only blue cross of alabama offers insurance. Why would anyone want to barge into the deliverance state to challenge an incumbent monopoly in the individual market?

There are a handful of places where it does work well, though. Major cities like San Francisco, LA, and NYC have dozens of insurers contending for marketshare. It would be like the democrats to rig a garbage individual insurance system that only works in the richest parts of the country.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

next up on "woke lib or racist?"

Why did you repeat yourself?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Strep Vote posted:

shockingly not everyone responds positively to the cspam "vote Bernie or perish under ecofascism" line.

even tho it is true

What we should be doing is shifting the discourse window in the public space until conservatives and moderates start wondering what the hell happened to civility and decorum.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Calling him racist seems to have gained traction so he's done.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

All I know about this dude is he sucks and is like 40+ with the twitter handle @studentactivism and apparently can't even listen to the students on who to vote for

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

why

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

He's a professor from CUNY, that should explain half of it. LOL at being a historian, must specialize in SUCC

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

she can't even handle a mildly spirited crowd, there is no universe in which she can handle anything more contentious than a four way stop

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:yikes::yikes::yikes:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had to watch this and now so do you

https://twitter.com/schradenfreude/status/1203623756779814912

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im not going to, actually

what is it

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no, coward, you're going to watch it

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Lol I couldn't make it through two sentences. gently caress.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Taintrunner posted:

no, coward, you're going to watch it

no :smug:

Dec 26, 2012

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

his polling among non-white people is horrible so probably not

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

watch it!!!!!

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

does this guy even live in the US?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

CheeseSpawn posted:

my country, the united states, yearns for freedom

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Yinlock posted:

speaking of vote rigging, a good thing you can do right now is spread word that people should keep checking if they can vote, because registry fuckery is happening

I've printed off a bunch of business cards with the primary date, registration deadline, and a QR link straight to the state board of elections registration checker that I hand out when canvassing and encourage you all to do same.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CheeseSpawn posted:

he's some rich failson that travels the world, apparently

Turtlicious.
Dec 13, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

etalian posted:

Yeah it still means your potential out of pocket medical costs could be thousands of dollars each year.

millions, if factoring in potential out-of-network charges + claims denied retroactively.