Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

General Dog posted:

Season 2 is about Nite Owl and Adrian Veidt running rival prison gangs, and then in the last two episodes they have to team up to defeat Darkseid.

Season 3 is about Panda as he tries to rebuild the Tulsa PD as their new chief of police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The only good thing about this show. Was the soundtrack.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Whatever the show was on its own merits, treating the book with an utter lack of reverence, even while slavishly following its continuity, was the right choice. Everything with Veidt and Laurie was bananas and I love that. Moore might have even liked it for that reason, if he still watched anything aside from a boiling cauldron inside a cave.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

General Dog posted:

Season 2 is about Nite Owl and Adrian Veidt running rival prison gangs, and then in the last two episodes they have to team up to defeat Darkseid.

lol i would watch this

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If one were to argue that this show peaked with Fred Trump getting shot in the head, I wouldn't necessarily disagree.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yeah, that's probably the best part to come out of the show

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Whatever the show was on its own merits, treating the book with an utter lack of reverence, even while slavishly following its continuity, was the right choice. Everything with Veidt and Laurie was bananas and I love that. Moore might have even liked it for that reason, if he still watched anything aside from a boiling cauldron inside a cave.

i didnt mind this but it was really confusing

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I wanted Angela to toss the egg into the woods and then dive into the water, but otherwise the finale left me satisfied and smiling.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

I enjoyed the Beatles cover over the credits. Confirmed Angela got blue man powers, Sister Night is no more now she is the Eggman

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I just bought the third vinyl album because of that tweet describing a record by “The Nine Inch Nails.” I need it as a Twin Peaks completionist.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Xanderkish posted:

...Panda...Tulsa PD...

Who are these characters again?

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

1. Watchmen comic
2. Watchmen movie
3. Before watchmen
4. Doomsday clock
5. The xbla watchmen game
6. Watchmen HBO

Just reading the synopsis of Doomsday Clock was enough to tell me your taste is awful. I actually didn’t think the movie could miss the point harder if it tried, but there you have Doomsday Clock ready to show it is somehow possible

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Raxivace posted:

If there’s a season 2 I hope its set on the docks like in The Wire.

"The gently caress did I do?" - Ozy

Just watch the expanse instead people.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Asuron posted:

Just reading the synopsis of Doomsday Clock was enough to tell me your taste is awful. I actually didn’t think the movie could miss the point harder if it tried, but there you have Doomsday Clock ready to show it is somehow possible

I never said anything below the watchmen comic was good and if you read my previous posts you will notice I said the movie was bad.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Hahaha I just watched the finale and oh boy

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Dude has a drat successful resume. One to be jealous of. Which hit films / TV series did you make by the way?

I love this argument because every movie or television show is created by millionaires so none of them could ever possibly be bad

It's the most bird brained poo poo

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Veidt should have had an anti-wrench forcefield.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

"The gently caress did I do?" - Ozy

Just watch the expanse instead people.

im watching it now and its stunning how much better it is than this tripe

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

This thread was enjoyable and I learned that many of SA's prolific TV posters have absolutely awful taste.

See y'all for S2.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 19, 2020

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

scary ghost dog posted:

:hellyeah:

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Asuron posted:

Doomsday Clock isn't that bad actually, if there HAS to be a Watchmen sequel, as DC/WB has decided, at least the people who have been hired to do it are trying their best to tell entertaining and engaging stories.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
ozymandias catches a bullet in the same episode he gets looney tunes clocked over the head with a wrench

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Good finale. Really liked this show overall. There should have been a post-credits scene of Petey still at LG’s house, checking his watch and waiting for word from Laurie.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

I never said anything below the watchmen comic was good and if you read my previous posts you will notice I said the movie was bad.

I’m only responding to what you listed which did not make that clear? I ain’t going to look for buried comments pages back to see how you feel on them

Taste is still awful, the show is really good

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
lol at the moment when I realized last week's Peteypedia obliquely spoiled the weaponized squid rain

beanieson posted:

Hey guys I think this show entertained me for like a whole 9 hours maybe and I think that’s pretty cool. Not the best thing probably but also not the worst.

Yeah it was fine. A couple of really good episodes, maybe not a stunner as a whole but still pretty good.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Leaving aside how it doesn't really work with the comic at all (Manhattan's time travel bullshit doing a Terminator, Adrian being so dumb in the show he let his entire asian staff in on the plan, then gave them all the weekend off or something and only noticed he killed three dudes, just stellar stuff) that ending doesn't even really work within the show?

Manhattan emphasizes how absolutely hellish it is to experience his life all at the same time and then goes "oh hey you're the person I love most in the world you should experience my horrific torment"? There's no reason he'd want that for anyone outside of absolute mystery box 'to be continued??? Maybe!?!?' bullshit.

Also putting stuff in the show then never addressing it again outside of an ARG website is actively hostile to your audience

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
I loved this episode. I wish they'd had the balls to show whether or not Angela could walk on water and become Dr. Mrs. The Manhattan (my wife came up with that name immediately), but other than that cop-out, it was wonderful.

I was seriously worried that Lady Trieu would get Manhattonized. I knew Senator Dickshits wouldn't get it, but I was supremely pleased at his demise. I was hoping they wouldn't do a body horror monster thing, and they didn't. It was great.

This season was a great ride. Has Watchmen been renewed?

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!
Just confirming

was that wad in the Keene goo the Manhattan panties?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

Fact

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

tarlibone posted:

I loved this episode. I wish they'd had the balls to show whether or not Angela could walk on water and become Dr. Mrs. The Manhattan (my wife came up with that name immediately), but other than that cop-out, it was wonderful.

I was seriously worried that Lady Trieu would get Manhattonized. I knew Senator Dickshits wouldn't get it, but I was supremely pleased at his demise. I was hoping they wouldn't do a body horror monster thing, and they didn't. It was great.

This season was a great ride. Has Watchmen been renewed?

I believe Lindelof has said he doesn't have a story for a second season at the moment, but that he'd come back if he had one (and would be open to letting others play in the universe).

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Asuron posted:

I’m only responding to what you listed which did not make that clear? I ain’t going to look for buried comments pages back to see how you feel on them

Taste is still awful, the show is really good

You assumed I said anything good about the things that I listed. You should have known, also you can just hit the button under my profile to see my posts in this thread (just two pages!)

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I mean as lovely as this show was, the fact that lube man was never explained is great.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I don’t know how there can be a second season with Regina King as either god or just a lady who fell into her pool. The next season would have nothing to do with any of these characters except maybe Laurie and Mirror Guy. And Laurie’s probably going to jail with Redford and Veidt.

Maybe Dan’s sentence is almost up and then they call right as he’s being let out to say that he has to go on trial for the squid thing?

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
Thought the show lost its way a bit in the last few eps. I liked the exploration of american racism and then it kinda just gets dropped. It's good those racists got lasered but it didn't really say anything.

Wonder how Rorschach would feel knowing that he died to protect ozy's plan and 35 odd years later Laurie just decides gently caress it, let's expose it. Bet his scattered remains feel real good about that.

My main problem was I didn't give two shits about Dr. M and I did not care about him and Angela and thats what the show became. Don't mind the cliffhanger ending, but thought it should end on the question of whether she was gonna eat the egg, not whether the egg worked, if the difference makes sense to you.

It's also really odd that they skimmed over exactly how the Dr M killing machine worked and just stated it did. As others have noticed, in the comics it wasn't that Dr. M could be killed that was the problem, he was invincible. The problem was that he didn't give a poo poo. Changing him in the show to somebody who cares, but is killable just isn't the same. He's now a really lame Superman.

One thing I would have liked more on was when Trieu was saying she would destroy all nukes with Dr. M's power to Adrian, I was wondering why he didn't say that he calculated that even Dr. M wouldn't be able to get all of them, he just let it go. Surely she would gently caress that up given the opportunity? Maybe we were just supposed to know that, Adrian didn't need to say it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hey if the owlship was still in Veidt’s garage, how did Dan and Laurie leave in the book? A 20-hour plane ride with Veidt is going to be awkward.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I would have forgiven all of this show's faults if it had ended with Angela comically falling into the pool

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

This cursed panel is so bad it’s funny and almost as cursed as anything on the tv show

E: bickle should’ve been in the show is what I’m trying to say

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Hey if the owlship was still in Veidt’s garage, how did Dan and Laurie leave in the book? A 20-hour plane ride with Veidt is going to be awkward.

Teleported by Dr Manhattan?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Laurie deciding to arrest Veidt after doing nothing or having any kind of character growth was great, it's like they wrote the ending but forgot to write a reason for her change of heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Season 2 we'll learn Lubeman was the son of the original Lubeman who helped Veidt amass his wall of cum.