Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Finally got to really dive into Dark Souls after a few weeks and I went through a bunch of Anor Londo or whatever the Sunset church area is called. And now I hit a new boss(es). Think that'll be a place to stop while I gather my wits and tackle them again when I have another afternoon to blow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Master Sword in Mario Maker 2 is so cool I wish there was a whole Zelda maker based on it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

The Master Sword in Mario Maker 2 is so cool I wish there was a whole Zelda maker based on it.

It will be in the same update that adds Doki Doki Panic mechanics.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Rusty Kettle posted:

Jesus Christ you guys weren't kidding about Assassin's Creed 3. I've been playing it all day and I'm fading quickly. I think I'm past the tutorials, but I don't want to do any of the side bullshit. Somehow I had it in my head that it was well received when it was released, but I guess not. The boat poo poo kicks rear end so I'm just going to play Black Flag.

I'd also advise you to put some time in on other games if you really want to catch up. You'll burn OUT HARD if you try to finish the rest in a year even.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Also, I don't know if you want to go from one AC tutorial right into another. Black flag takes a bit to start as far as I remember, so beware.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Struggling to play Kirby Superstar with a friend- can't loving figure out how anything works. Can someone please tell me how the hell you do multiplayer on one of these SNES games. Please acknowledge that I'm not too smart. Jesus .

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Last day to start the chain of free low-tier but maybe u'll like one indie games
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/12/qubicgames_is_giving_away_10_free_nintendo_switch_games_to_everyone_including_you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA94bWZhPps

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it would be nice if the snesflix had 2x fast forward. it's almost a necessity with the jrpgs they have on there.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Quotey posted:

Struggling to play Kirby Superstar with a friend- can't loving figure out how anything works. Can someone please tell me how the hell you do multiplayer on one of these SNES games. Please acknowledge that I'm not too smart. Jesus .

Hit the A button as Kirby when you have a power.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Quotey posted:

Online play or offline? (Do the SNES games even have online?)

There's a tutorial at the start of the game that teaches you the controls if you tell it you don't know how to play but it should just be one of the face buttons. To kill your friend and demolish his body turning him into food just hold down and push the same button.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Quotey posted:

Activate online play, and then exit the menu. Your friend can go in and find your room to join you.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Breath of Fire 2 has a Kilgore Trout name drop in one of the first 3 towns :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Online play or offline? (Do the SNES games even have online?)

There's a tutorial at the start of the game that teaches you the controls if you tell it you don't know how to play but it should just be one of the face buttons. To kill your friend and demolish his body turning him into food just hold down and push the same button.

The SNES games do have online. It simulates another player playing on the same console with you but it's actually a really cool feature for how little people talk about it

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

eric ciaramella posted:

it would be nice if the snesflix had 2x fast forward. it's almost a necessity with the jrpgs they have on there.

This would be wonderful.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is Nuclear Throne good ? Been having fun with Enter the gungeon and looking for more rouge likes

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

fit em all up in there posted:

Is Nuclear Throne good ? Been having fun with Enter the gungeon and looking for more rouge likes

Really good but really hard.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Leal posted:

That are indeed accurately modeled to actually put a 3d object inside of your character's rear end in a top hat. Only the highest effort.

Look at you prasing plain-old regular PC Skyrim, when you could experience Skyrim VR with mods! :pervert:

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Rusty Kettle posted:

Jesus Christ you guys weren't kidding about Assassin's Creed 3. I've been playing it all day and I'm fading quickly. I think I'm past the tutorials, but I don't want to do any of the side bullshit. Somehow I had it in my head that it was well received when it was released, but I guess not. The boat poo poo kicks rear end so I'm just going to play Black Flag.

Just skip it. It was badly received even when it was released so I can't imagine it has aged well.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The SNES games do have online. It simulates another player playing on the same console with you but it's actually a really cool feature for how little people talk about it

This is the same thing that the NESflix app does, right?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I'm in search of a good co-op game for my two nieces (age 9 and 6). Thought about Luigi's Mansion 3 (which I haven't played yet) or Mario Odyssey (which I did play). The game has to have a physical release, as the parents don't wanna use the Nintendo shop. I red though, that Luigi's Mansion is not instant co-op, but only after the first missions or so?

So: Luigi's Mansion or Mario Odyssey? (or a completely different thing?)

Also thought for a moment about Mario Party, but I never played any of those, and reviews are very mixed.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tuo posted:

Also thought for a moment about Mario Party, but I never played any of those, and reviews are very mixed.
It's a functional Mario Party. It's like, as good as 1-3, it's not anything new or groundbreaking, but it's functional and a lot better than the lovely ones they've been pumping out since. There's also a 2v2 mode, if they want to team up rather than compete.

Dunno if that actually helps since you have no point of reference with earlier MPs.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

tuo posted:

I'm in search of a good co-op game for my two nieces (age 9 and 6). Thought about Luigi's Mansion 3 (which I haven't played yet) or Mario Odyssey (which I did play). The game has to have a physical release, as the parents don't wanna use the Nintendo shop. I red though, that Luigi's Mansion is not instant co-op, but only after the first missions or so?

So: Luigi's Mansion or Mario Odyssey? (or a completely different thing?)

Luigi's Mansion unlocks co-op once you get Gooigi about half an hour or so in and is probably the better option. Gooigi has Luigi's full range of abilities, and respawns if they're killed penalty-free.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It's a functional Mario Party. It's like, as good as 1-3, it's not anything new or groundbreaking, but it's functional and a lot better than the lovely ones they've been pumping out since. There's also a 2v2 mode, if they want to team up rather than compete.

Dunno if that actually helps since you have no point of reference with earlier MPs.

It definitely helps, yeah! Thank you! It's hard to judge the user reviews I red because some of the negative ones read like "I loved this as a child, and now ten years later, I play the new one, and I can't extract the joy out of it that I did when I was a child", so it's hard to tell which one is nostalgia-driven.

My first instinct was giving them Mario Odyssey for christmas, but they are super envious of each other, and I think "you play the hat" might make one of them cry.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Luigi's Mansion unlocks co-op once you get Gooigi about half an hour or so in and is probably the better option. Gooigi has Luigi's full range of abilities, and respawns if they're killed penalty-free.

Sounds good. I guess I'll give Luigi's Mansion a try. Half an hour doesn't sound so bad (though I am 100% sure total war about the controller will break out within those 30 mins). The younger one has birthday in february anyway, so I get Mario Party for her, then.

e: that even fits perfectly, I already know who of them wants to play Gooigi ;)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

tuo posted:

Sounds good. I guess I'll give Luigi's Mansion a try. Half an hour doesn't sound so bad (though I am 100% sure total war about the controller will break out within those 30 mins). The younger one has birthday in february anyway, so I get Mario Party for her, then.

If you've ever played the older Mario Party games, then you'll understand what I mean when I say that Super Mario Party is Nintendo finally realizing that what people really truly loved about the old games wasn't wholesome cooperation but the ability to poison life-long relationships and incite manslaughter with a simple roll of the dice.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you've ever played the older Mario Party games, then you'll understand what I mean when I say that Super Mario Party is Nintendo finally realizing that what people really truly loved about the old games wasn't wholesome cooperation but the ability to poison life-long relationships and incite manslaughter with a simple roll of the dice.

So it's like "A Game of Thrones: The Boardgame", where every single time I played with friends and/or family, it ended in at least two people not speaking with each other for couple of weeks? Okay....I might need to think about that...

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Get ready

https://mobile.twitter.com/DualShockers/status/1206546150267875329

quote:

Nintendo appears to have not had a coffee yet and has accidentally sent a tweet live which points to another sale heading to the eShop. As reported by Nintendo Life, the official Nintendo of Europe accounts tweet shows a featured image indicating that the sale will feature over 700 games being discounted with up to 80% off.

The sale looks to be a festive-themed sale, as noted by the…mention of the word “Festive” in both the featured image and the tweet itself. The tweet also confirms the start date and time for the sale which looks to take place on December 19 at 15:00 CET. Upon checking the calendar and cross-referencing it with another calendar, it seems to be planned to go live this Thursday.

The original tweet was deleted shortly after going live so there’s a chance that it could resurface later today or at some point later in the week. If you want to see the evidence of the Tweet then you can head over to Nintendo Life and see it in its screencapped glory.
While the tweet came from the Europe account, the sales will no doubt be heading to other regions. There’s also the possibility that the dates are wrong and they have to re-design the featured image in a frantic frenzy — Let’s hope it isn’t that one. Either way, I’m excited to see what games are discounted during the sale, especially as that “Coming Soon” page is looking beefy.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I never heard of Star Ocean but I just got it and I have no idea what I'm doing but it's really cool. Is this a PS1 or PS2 game? Looks like a PS1 game but has so much voice acting and animated cutscenes I don't think it would fit in a CD.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's a PSP remake of an SNES game.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Haha everyone that bought something between the Thanksgiving sale and that sale is gonna be piiiiiissed

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The tweet also confirms the start date and time for the sale which looks to take place on December 19 at 15:00 CET. Upon checking the calendar and cross-referencing it with another calendar, it seems to be planned to go live this Thursday.

:what:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
People are gonna see that number "80" and not pay attention to the "up to" and then be upset when Mario Odyssey is like $57 instead of $60

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

They made a joke, because nintendo did not check their calendar when they made the tweet

The Splash
May 30, 2011

I'll never say hole again.

Yes, good, more.

If Return of the Obra Dinn goes on sale for even a buck off I'm getting it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I hope that's true because I spent all my Black Friday time buying some PS4 stuff I wanted and I missed my shot at those YGO and DBZ card games on Switch that I wanted.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Someone a while ago said there were a bunch of secret bosses in Star Allies. Anything I need to do to keep an eye out for them? Playing through it for the first time now (hell yeah the yo-yo's back! I hope mirror is too).

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

A guy I work with has bought a Switch and is going through some Super Rough Times. He's bloody lovely and doesn't deserve any of it.

I offered to lend him my copy of BotW over the Christmas break, but then got a bit ornery about how I'd probably want to play it, and didn't want to lend it to him.

Instead of Being Sensible and Grown Up, I used my emergency "oh gently caress I'm broke" paypal money to get him a DL code for it and BOY HOWDY DO I EVER FEEL CHRISTMASSY UP IN HERE.

Edit: Well piss piss piss.

Flint_Paper fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Dec 16, 2019

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

congrats on doing a nice thing for another human being ig idk why you felt the need to tell everyone

Is CatTails fun? I've heard it's like a more relaxed Stardew?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

tuo posted:

So it's like "A Game of Thrones: The Boardgame", where every single time I played with friends and/or family, it ended in at least two people not speaking with each other for couple of weeks? Okay....I might need to think about that...

There’s a co op mode, rafting, where you only play team games.

I liked Mario party a lot, and my wife enjoyed it (literally the only video game she’s ever played with me) but we got through the content fairly quick and there doesn’t seem to be any plans to update it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

tuo posted:

You should get your friends together to try Overcooked :unsmigghh:.