Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Kim continues to own, will post more on the subject as events warrant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
The depression comix are what gives this comic its soul, but I really am glad that they're used sparingly (it's going to be my first Christmas alone this year so this comic was a bit of a punch to the gut :smith: )

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Ballz posted:

On the pus side, good to see Mr. Jones is back.

We saw him quite recently in a comic panel. That was just twenty months ago. Sure felt shorter than that. Must be because the breaks.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Title for PFM!!! sequel revealed

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Man, I wish I could do that. The last time this happened to me, I smashed the door closed with so much force it sprang up again and a bowl of glass fell out and exploded on the ground.

Though the half an hour I needed to clean up the mess did cool me down somewhat, so it wasn't all bad

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Leroy Dennui posted:

Title for PFM!!! sequel revealed

Ah trying to fight out of the creative phase into the action phase. I relate.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

the real pro move is to be so utterly crushed by depression that you just sigh and ignore the cabinet

now entering North Dakota
Feb 22, 2013

Fun Shoe

T-man posted:

the real pro move is to be so utterly crushed by depression that you just sigh and ignore the cabinet

You can still sigh?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sighing is all I can do any more. One, unending sign for the last fifteen years.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I think y'all need to get out more cus it helps to walk around sometimes.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

I think y'all need to get out more cus it helps to walk around sometimes.

*lying face down on floor* nah s'all good

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
But outside is cold right now. :ohdear:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Haifisch posted:

But outside is hot right now. :ohdear:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
gently caress you, Gob!!!!!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1208976314826256384?s=20

http://gobolatula.com/pfm/comic/149-simply-having-a-wonderful-christmastime/

good times

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Christ that one hits close to home.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
jesus, gob, this is heavy

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Well that was one hell of a rollercoaster. :stare:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I'm starting to think that Pasqualo is not okay. I know she says different, so I am probably just paranoid.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Allison is reading too much into things. It's just a massaging wand, you can do anything with it, no need to jump to conclusions.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Aw geez. Stay safe you crazy kids.

Stay safe everyone.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Pasqualo please don't run. You need to confront it.

:c

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Tubsy hosed it all up and he doesn't even know he did

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Guys I think Pasqy needs to talk to someone about some things.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Tubsy hosed it all up and he doesn't even know he did.

Maybe he does. Maybe he actually planned all of this. Maybe he secretly resents her. Maybe he's just manipulating Allison, texting her in a terrible moment to ruin everything. Maybe the next page of this comic consists of nothing more than Tubsy having an evil grin. :tinfoil:

Nah, Tubsy is good.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Tubsy is a good dude but doesn't seem to actually help very much.

It might be relevant that in It Hurts!!, the post-apocalypse scenario built specifically for Pasqualo had Tubsy die immediately, even if that wan't what Pasq wanted.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Yeah, and I kinda feel like Pasqualo may like Ally. But that might just be me.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jesus christ Gob and Josef!!!

:(

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
If there's one thing this comic does extremely well, it's representing depression very well. I have done things like this in the past. The worst part of depression is putting a happy face on because depression is a motherfucker.

Hats off to Gob/Josef for making this brutally honest work, you bastards.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

thechosenone posted:

Yeah, and I kinda feel like Pasqualo may like Ally. But that might just be me.

I don't know, she says she doesn't understand romance and that's like the one thing I'm inclined to believe her about.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
As I said, it might just be me. I thought there was some odd picture of Ally and pasq living at a barn in IT. Was that a thing at all? I could swear someone dug up a picture that had been blurred in the comic proper.

Edit: and even if there were other things going on im also all aboard the 'pasq has sad brains' train.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Dec 23, 2019

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

thechosenone posted:

As I said, it might just be me. I thought there was some odd picture of Ally and pasq living at a barn in IT. Was that a thing at all? I could swear someone dug up a picture that had been blurred in the comic proper.

Edit: and even if there were other things going on im also all aboard the 'pasq has sad brains' train.

http://www.gobolatula.com/ithurts/unblur2.png

From this strip: http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=402-the-best-i-could-do

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Llab posted:

If there's one thing this comic does extremely well, it's representing depression very well. I have done things like this in the past. The worst part of depression is putting a happy face on because depression is a motherfucker.

Hats off to Gob/Josef for making this brutally honest work, you bastards.

It reminds me of Drop Out, if not quite so desperately upsetting.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

HmmmMMMMMmmm...

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

oh dear.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

That's not necessarily a sign of romantic feelings. Pasqualo and Ally, in both iterations, were very close friends of the sort that could settle down and live a life together.

I'm running under the theory that Aurora was created specifically to be an ideal girlfriend for Pasq, and is now in a universe where the guy she was made for doesn't exist, so romance as a whole doesn't make sense to her. She was made to love and be loved by someone that just isn't there.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

That's not necessarily a sign of romantic feelings. Pasqualo and Ally, in both iterations, were very close friends of the sort that could settle down and live a life together.

I'm running under the theory that Aurora was created specifically to be an ideal girlfriend for Pasq, and is now in a universe where the guy she was made for doesn't exist, so romance as a whole doesn't make sense to her. She was made to love and be loved by someone that just isn't there.

But she is that someone, yet she doesn't seem to love herself very much.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

super sweet best pal posted:

But she is that someone, yet she doesn't seem to love herself very much.

Because that someone was/is someone from suffering severe depression.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cat Mattress posted:

Tubsy hosed it all up and he doesn't even know he did

He gangsta poo poo'd Pasq's heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The pasq and ally ship was always less than the tubsy and ally in both timelines.