Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Oh, well then! Apologies for making you sweat a bit there, something. I had thought they operated like the 24 hours Challenge and slowly increased. I also see from the wiki that No Augs also does not increase and I should bang that out soon too.

On the plus side the No Rebirth Challenge is now fully Evil-Complete. The reduction is very much appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

I am almost at the end of Evil. Exile v3 dies to idle mode, but not quite at auto-kill, Rad lands set is complete. So I am looking at the long grind to get to v4, no worries. Finished all of the evil challenges with rewards about one weekend before the change was announced, but now I am looking at the 24 hour challenges. I know the exp from bosses is completely irrelevant, but the titan exp is not. Anyone have any idea about the ratio of titan exp to Yggdrasil exp at this point? I will probably knock the challenges out either way since I know I can get back to where I am at in one or two 24hr rebirths.

And one thing I have been thinking about a lot lately: Would it be possible to add a wish like:

I wish beard power wasn't completely useless
Each beard bar grants n levels per fill, but takes n times as long to complete.

It annoys me every time I look at my MacGuffins and see those two beard MacGuffins sitting there. Gaining levels and being useless. I hate them so much.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

something posted:

You bet!

Scary!
Hey since I'm going to be using it all year long I'll need a dark version of the KRISMUSS theme thanks :grin: Don't worry I'll be sure to use it in any screenshots I share.

Somebody shared this in one of the threads (Steam?) and I'm at An Ordinary Chicken, so hello!

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Awwww yeah. Time to crank through some challenges as a break from the Chocolate Zone purgatory I've been in.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
OK I just bought the newbie pack in NGU what should I spend this bounty of AP on? I'm still pretty early I only just beat the moles and got the next area. Probably need to focus on getting XP once I get these training caps down a bit more.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Dec 15, 2019

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Generally the first two purchases are My Yellow Heart (stick it in the daycare until it hits level 100 for 20% extra AP from then on) and Advanced Loot Filter (which is vital once you start killing titans, but you're not at that point yet). I'd grab the heart, personally.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I got the loot filter when I bought the pack so I guess I'll think about getting the heart once I get the daycare. Not sure if I should start raising the energy cap or save up for the daycare and automerge first. I only just hit the energy speed cap (with equipment) and I'm currently doing reboots as soon as I get the training cap down 10% on all six trainings.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 15, 2019

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
How long is the Krissmuss bonus going to be up for? I think I'd be able to manage to beat Exile V1 before year's end for that sweet, sweet IOU.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Probably until 1.1 launches. (Exile feature update)
In other news, broke the concurrent player all-time peak set at launch today :toot:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

something posted:

Probably until 1.1 launches. (Exile feature update)
In other news, broke the concurrent player all-time peak set at launch today :toot:

:cheers:

Congrats! It's fun checking steamcharts every now and then to see how it's doing and it does definitely seem like in general once people start they ain't stopping.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Just posting here to let y'all know Cookie Clicker on Android just updated, and the alpha build has prestiging! :D
You can switch from live to alpha on the About page, and import your live save.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Merijn posted:

Just posting here to let y'all know Cookie Clicker on Android just updated, and the alpha build has prestiging! :D

How did he even make that game in the first place

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

....Javascript?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Merijn posted:

Cookie clicker is like an old NES game. It was fun when it came out, we wouldn't be where we are today without it, but it's old and dead and isn't good by current standards.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Hey yall, r/incremental_games is having their yearly best-of awards for idle games and this year NGU is up for best downloadable game, if yall are down for interacting for Reddit. I know this is difficult for some.

https://www.reddit.com/r/incremental_games/comments/ebfcz4/best_of_2019_awards/fb4j5ac/

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

something posted:

Hey yall, r/incremental_games is having their yearly best-of awards for idle games and this year NGU is up for best downloadable game, if yall are down for interacting for Reddit. I know this is difficult for some.

https://www.reddit.com/r/incremental_games/comments/ebfcz4/best_of_2019_awards/fb4j5ac/

You're also up for best browser game and most replayable.

I've allocated votes appropriately.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Eh, I don't think best browser is eligible since that's for release in this year or "gamechanging updates". The only one i'm hoping NGU can claim is best downloadable anyways, to get some extra exposure for the Steam version. Anyone can (incorrectly) nominate a game.

But ty for the votes!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

You did add several features this year, game changing is really vague. Something else probably should win, since it would be nice to believe that the genre isn't basically dead with a few breakaway games keeping the lights on.

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe
something, I just wanted to say thanks for the challenge update. I feel kinda bad about being part of the bully squad that asked for it, and that you faced some resistance from others that didn't want the change. But it is a very good change.

I kept trying to plink away at the normal 24 challenges pre-change, but I could never stick with it for more than 2-3 at a time.

Now I've finished every normal/evil challenge except the last evil 24 hour challenge. #9 was kinda close, but mostly because I didn't rebirth as efficiently as I could have. I think #10 would be very iffy without absolutely perfectly timed rebirths, so I'll just wait til I make some more progress(currently can make it to Exile v2 with a lot of banked stats).

So in short, NGU is cool and good. Everyone should play it. If you quit, you should play it again. Depending on where you quit, you might come back to a whole mess of EXP/AP/PP/QP that makes whatever wall you hit seem easy.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
A «side effect» (i think) i noticed with the bew challenges is they award vastly more exp now, almost makes the challenges without rewards worth doing

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Long shot: My laptop was stolen a little over a month ago and I lost my NGU progress due to not having verified the cloud save was actually working. Anyone have a save that is roughly around walderp? I had just done my first kill of his final form before I lost everything. Something before then is fine too, I just really don't feel like starting from scratch.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

The Fool posted:

Long shot: My laptop was stolen a little over a month ago and I lost my NGU progress due to not having verified the cloud save was actually working. Anyone have a save that is roughly around walderp? I had just done my first kill of his final form before I lost everything. Something before then is fine too, I just really don't feel like starting from scratch.

https://filebin.net/97wzor7gw81ft5tv witness my pain

i am on a last boss of the a no rebirth challenge in this save

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Hmm, so in NGU i've been stopping my Time machine speed at level 100 because i thought i'd read somewhere that it basically stopped being effective to level it up after that.

I just let it run over and, well that's clearly not the case is it? Have i been artificially handicapping myself for the last few weeks?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Kin posted:

Hmm, so in NGU i've been stopping my Time machine speed at level 100 because i thought i'd read somewhere that it basically stopped being effective to level it up after that.

I just let it run over and, well that's clearly not the case is it? Have i been artificially handicapping myself for the last few weeks?

Yes.

There is a point before gold diggers where leveling up to 100-ish is more than enough to cover your blood and aug costs so leveling it up higher isn't worthwhile.

After gold diggers I started leveling it up quite a bit more in order to cover the gold digger costs. Basically whatever it could get to in the first hour of a rebirth.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Megazver posted:

Thanks for this.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

The Fool posted:

Yes.

There is a point before gold diggers where leveling up to 100-ish is more than enough to cover your blood and aug costs so leveling it up higher isn't worthwhile.

After gold diggers I started leveling it up quite a bit more in order to cover the gold digger costs. Basically whatever it could get to in the first hour of a rebirth.

It also pays for the pumping as much Blood as you can into the Iron Pill throughout the day.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Megazver posted:

You haven't maxxed any of your boosts, you should get on that.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

The Fool posted:

Yes.

I feel like i must have been missing something then because when i levelled it up to 100it didn't feel like i had enough to keep the blood magic/augs running.

That being said i might be playing it a bit wrong. Like, rather than distribute my magic/energy, i usually dump it all into one thing and let it run before shifting it elsewhere when the number stops going up enough.

edit: basically what should my time machine speed/multiplier targets be if i'm only at the beardverse?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Megazver posted:

It also pays for the pumping as much Blood as you can into the Iron Pill throughout the day.

this except do something useful and pump NGUs

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

The Fool posted:

You haven't maxxed any of your boosts, you should get on that.

I am also amazed you made it this far without auto-nuke or filter-boosts-into-cube, you masochist you.

Still extremely grateful for the save

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

torgo posted:

So in short, NGU is cool and good. Everyone should play it. If you quit, you should play it again. Depending on where you quit, you might come back to a whole mess of EXP/AP/PP/QP that makes whatever wall you hit seem easy.

I'm just about to go on holiday for a few weeks and you can be drat sure I set up my NGUs and truly idle questing before I left!

Joden
Feb 27, 2009

Not exactly a morning person.
In NGU, would there be any chance of adding a way to auto-spell Iron Pill with Blood Magick? Like siphon a percentage of your blood income per second that you can then forget to click it before rebirthing to get whatever has built up?

Am mostly asking because I'm incredibly lazy and never quite know when or remember to start pumping something into it near the end of a rebirth cycle.

Also really enjoying the game :)

Malmesbury Monster
Nov 5, 2011

NGU: Having recently unlocked Hacks, am I right in assuming that I should treat Resource 3 the same way I did E/M and focus my exp spending on Speed before worrying about power/cap/bars? It doesn't feel very meaningful yet.

Also +1 to the Challenges change. I switched back over to Normal Difficulty and am nearly finished maxing out my challenges, which I think will make the dive back into Evil a lot less daunting than the first time through. Would have put that off a lot longer otherwise.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

Malmesbury Monster posted:

NGU: Having recently unlocked Hacks, am I right in assuming that I should treat Resource 3 the same way I did E/M and focus my exp spending on Speed before worrying about power/cap/bars? It doesn't feel very meaningful yet.

Also +1 to the Challenges change. I switched back over to Normal Difficulty and am nearly finished maxing out my challenges, which I think will make the dive back into Evil a lot less daunting than the first time through. Would have put that off a lot longer otherwise.

Speed is somewhat less of a priority for resource 3 cause you're probably doing 24 hour rebirths so it's not a big problem to wait a while for the resource to generate. Seems better to spend XP on power/cap/bars to make hacks useful, and later grab some speed when it starts taking too long to cap.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

and the claw won! posted:

Speed is somewhat less of a priority for resource 3 cause you're probably doing 24 hour rebirths so it's not a big problem to wait a while for the resource to generate. Seems better to spend XP on power/cap/bars to make hacks useful, and later grab some speed when it starts taking too long to cap.

On the other hand, 50 R3 speed is only 150m XP, which isn't a huge amount.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

and the claw won! posted:

Seems better to spend XP on power/cap/bars

Speed is a multiplier for bars*, you want to balance speed * bars, which heavily favors pumping speed before bars.

*actually bars are a multiplier for speed, since speed is the first thing you run into. Math is the same though.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Just Make The Numbers Go Up.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

On the other hand, 50 R3 speed is only 150m XP, which isn't a huge amount.

As someone who just passed the milestone for spending 1 million XP in total, lol. Number Go Up indeed.

Which reminds me I'm also at the point where I have 24-hour Yggdrasil timers and the Fruit of Knowledge perks are affordable if I save up my PP for a week or so. Is this something I should focus on immediately, or are there other PP sinks that are more valuable? Right now I have maxed First Harvest, but not sure if I want to max the seed perk/level Pomegranate past 10 before I start leveling the Fruit of Knowledge.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

something posted:

Just Make The Numbers Go Up.

the numbers are your bank account balance right

Big Mad Drongo posted:

As someone who just passed the milestone for spending 1 million XP in total, lol. Number Go Up indeed.

Which reminds me I'm also at the point where I have 24-hour Yggdrasil timers and the Fruit of Knowledge perks are affordable if I save up my PP for a week or so. Is this something I should focus on immediately, or are there other PP sinks that are more valuable? Right now I have maxed First Harvest, but not sure if I want to max the seed perk/level Pomegranate past 10 before I start leveling the Fruit of Knowledge.

if you have 24 hour fruits unlocked go knowledge level 5 -> gold 24 -> pomegranate 24 -> knowledge 24 and blow your PP on the seed perks

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

This is the exact reason somethingggg decided on "perk points".