Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

more like buttshitdo lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nick Soapdish posted:

Flashes of the Bikers for Trump wearing the Family Member of a Vietnam Era Veteran or whatever dumb bullshit those chickenhawks wear

That has to be the dumbest brag ever.

What's next, "Grenada Era Veteran"?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

He’s cashing checks with his mouth his jaw can’t cover.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

What a rear end in a top hat glassjaw.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/1206250494085095424?s=20

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

BigDave posted:

That has to be the dumbest brag ever.

What's next, "Grenada Era Veteran"?

That dude is basically chud incarnate and just reprehensible in every way, except for his ability to sacrifice jaw bone to Nigerians.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Think he has it bad? I was robbed before I ever got started by all of these people who are good at fighting and work hard to be better before I could even start because they would all beat the poo poo out of me. What garbage.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

It says samurai in chinese, or does she speak Japanese too?

There's a large overlap of characters.

Force de Fappe posted:

It says bushido or wushidao depending on how you read it

Bushido. 道.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

mlmp08 posted:

You're only allowed 60 days of leave now, lest you lose it. Some exceptions may apply if deployed. And I don't recall ever being allowed to carry more than 90, even back in times of the surge. I'm not counting non-chargeable time off, just chargeable leave.

Yeah that's been the rule since the mid 2000s. Didn't mean poo poo. Leave will not be approved during upgrade training, which takes up most of your time between deployments. Leave will not be approved (unless there's a block time, which may or may not apply to you) during pre-deployment spin-up. Everybody knew poo poo was broken, nobody with any authority give a gently caress.

And it's much worse now.

Edit: To clarify, people weren't carrying over 100+ days, they were carrying whatever the waivered max was, then accruing MORE over the following months.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 16, 2019

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/12/this-alleged-bitcoin-scam-looked-a-lot-like-a-pyramid-scheme

Bitcoin delivers another one

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

quote:

Internal messages between the conspirators give the impression of growing glee at the ease of taking advantage of investors, referring to “building this whole model on the backs of idiots.” The men allegedly described their victims as “dumb” investors and “sheep.”
“They were not wrong,” Emin Gun Sirer, the CEO of blockchain startup Ava Labs, quipped on Twitter.

:lol:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol I keep thinking of this as the one Balkans guy roping the other two in

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

gently caress if my name was Jobadiah I'd give up and do crime too

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Gotta be gay while you’re at it, otherwise what’s the point of BE GAY DO CRIMES?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Icon Of Sin posted:

Gotta be gay while you’re at it, otherwise what’s the point of BE GAY DO CRIMES?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

they're all named john to me

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

We just inserted a blackmail provision into your trade agreement?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
This is the TV chat area now right?

Watchmen was good and had lots of cock.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

TVIV appears to be mad about the show though so that reaffirms my opinion that it’s good

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ded posted:

This is the TV chat area now right?

Watchmen was good and had lots of cock.

hobbesmaster posted:

TVIV appears to be mad about the show though so that reaffirms my opinion that it’s good

Yeah it's a great show, I loved every episode. Them goons dumb as hell lol.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

So long as we’re talking about fantasy tv series on HBO the golden compass season of his dark materials is good so far.

If you did not read those books, all you need to know is that an important recurring character is a bear. A war bear. The bear wears heavy armor. On tomorrow night’s episode assuming it follows the book and preview there’s going to be a lot of armored bears that are mad at each other. So check that out maybe.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

hobbesmaster posted:

They're morons.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

hobbesmaster posted:

So long as we’re talking about fantasy tv series on HBO the golden compass season of his dark materials is good so far.

If you did not read those books, all you need to know is that an important recurring character is a bear. A war bear. The bear wears heavy armor. On tomorrow night’s episode assuming it follows the book and preview there’s going to be a lot of armored bears that are mad at each other. So check that out maybe.

Never heard of this.

Looking at the golden compass trailer .... nicole kidman and armored loving bears? might be worth a look.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ded posted:

Never heard of this.

Looking at the golden compass trailer .... nicole kidman and armored loving bears? might be worth a look.

Careful, Nicole Kidman is in the terrible movie. The HBO series is called “His dark materials”. I’m just calling it golden compass because that’s the first book of the series.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The movie was watered down by the studio to try and appease dumb Christians, as the books have an atheistic message. It fell flat ended on a cliffhanger, and never got its sequels. Shame because they had an amazing cast assembled. The show has been very good so far.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

hobbesmaster posted:

Is it a polar bear in the book too or was that just in the movie way back when?

Also I'm wondering if they can top ian mckellen for voicing the bear, because that would be impressive.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

Is it a polar bear in the book too or was that just in the movie way back when?

Also I'm wondering if they can top ian mckellen for voicing the bear, because that would be impressive.
They're Polar Bears in the books.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I had no idea they were doing a HDM TV series. That's great because the movie was such a flop.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
The first book is called Northern Lights, golden compass was the lovely movie. And the fatality ending of the polar bear fight is so loving ruthless and awesome, especially considering it was a kids book. The whole series is dark as hell and The Church are straight up evil. The author's doing a follow-up series of books now that are also really good.

BEAR FIGHT the good bear rope-a-dopes the evil bear, then right when you think he's about to die, he hits it so hard he tears its entire bottom jaw off and this kids book starts describing how this bear is just spraying blood everywhere and its tongue is all lolling around and it was the most loving :black101: thing 11 year old me had ever read :allears:

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Dec 16, 2019

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
The first book was titled The Golden Compass in North America, like how the first Harry Potter has a different title.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

It made more sense to be called that anyway, since the other two are also named after objects

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My favorite thing about the Golden Compass movie was how it ended just slightly before the book ended, right before the protagonist's best friend gets murdered. Studio execs needed a happy ending I guess.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

hobbesmaster posted:

Careful, Nicole Kidman is in the terrible movie. The HBO series is called “His dark materials”. I’m just calling it golden compass because that’s the first book of the series.

Ohhh ok. Watching the first episode and im thinking...why is Lyra so familiar?

now im wating for her to pop out claws and have a healing factor

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Well poo poo I have a distant uncle I never met who served in the navy. I could’ve just used his valor instead of getting my own?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

colachute posted:

Well poo poo I have a distant uncle I never met who served in the navy. I could’ve just used his valor instead of getting my own?

Can I steal my dad's valor? He was leading these guys across the Suez on Yom Kippur: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sa%27ka_Forces

Or does only american stolen valor count lol

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

colachute posted:

can i use my grandpas? he was in ww2 at Guadalcanal, as a seabee who pulled stevedore duty running the cranes

got kicked out on a hardship for this wifes second pregnancy after punching out 3 officers over bullshit like coffee

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ded posted:

can i use my grandpas? he was in ww2 at Guadalcanal, as a seabee who pulled stevedore duty running the cranes

got kicked out on a hardship for this wifes second pregnancy after punching out 3 officers over bullshit like coffee

drat

Wonder Free
Jun 19, 2006

Throw some D's..

ded posted:

Truly the greatest generation.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Its almost like nationalism teaches you to hate people you've never met and take credit for things you never accomplished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
My grandpa did in WW2 on an ammunition ship in the Pacific and also Korea and he said since he did 2 wars that's why my dad and I didn't need to sign up. He actually helped my dad dodge the draft for Vietnam. It was good advice.